Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:59 PM

Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) (25702 Views)

Ebonyi Bullion Van Robbery: Soldiers, Other Suspects Arrested By Police / Photos Of Suspects Paraded In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau / Police Arrest Suspects In Connection With Killings In Benue And Plateau. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by Aristo3146(m): 6:23am On Apr 22, 2017
Beremx:
So where are the fulani herdsmen terrorizing Benue people? When will they be paraded?

Buhari sef! Una no serious

I never knew Benue people were terrorists terrorizing their own people not until i opened this thread.

Lalasticlala Inukwa nonsense?
Those are the people disguising themselves as fulani herdsmen...
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by zikter(m): 6:27am On Apr 22, 2017
simonlee:
You mean these guys are the ones killing people and not Fulani herdsmen... Na lie!
they are two different set of criminals altogether. the gangster popular known as Ghana is a Benue indigene who was more of a PDP thug and hitman during the last governor's reign. so while the herdsmen are on one side, the gangster is on the other side perpetrating crime to sustain his life of affluence. the zaki biam killing was due to arrest and denunciation of some members of his gang. so he came to retaliate. but then, the speed with which soldiers, police, DSS were sent to capture the gang is what we have not observed when herdsmen are involved. head or tail one criminal gang will be less of a headache now.

1 Like

Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by brownhawk: 7:00am On Apr 22, 2017
obiremy:
Read more. http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/parade-of-suspects-arrested-in.html
the group picture is cute. they lined up well and posed intelligently for the photograph
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by orjaha(m): 7:00am On Apr 22, 2017
for where they got all these weapon?
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by Yusuf4: 7:01am On Apr 22, 2017
Report I got from friends in Benue, suggest those arrested are not the criminals, those weapons displayed are staged. ask your self were is their ring leader, can Nigeria police the one we all know arrest thieves with this kind of sophisticated weapons.
His Words:
Samuel Ortom is a failure.
Why arrest your indigenous people when the herdsmen militia killing your people are still free moving people.
So Police can clamp on Ghana but cannot clamp on herdsmen why?
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:16am On Apr 22, 2017
Nigerians and their dullness.
Yet they ve not allowed us rest for one moment that the killings were being caRried out by fulinis.

1 Like

Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by gulfer: 7:52am On Apr 22, 2017
The ammo looks like they were brought out of a store room; I don't trust the Nigerian Police lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by DeRay98(m): 7:58am On Apr 22, 2017
Aromas:
Sophisticated weapons grin and Fulanis keep slaughtering them like animals.

My friend, did you noticed all the names given here are Benue names?
These are not Fulanis but Benue (Idoma and others) names.
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by nams77: 8:09am On Apr 22, 2017
passyhansome:
Except I now have a faulty eyes, below are Dane guns and normal riffle which I believe can't use those chain bullets, those guys shown must be prisoner gotten from the prison and with those guns placed in their front, I don't trust everything I see in the media, somne are medial trail. Naija which way
While I totally agree with your position, there is a gun among those displayed guns that can fire that NATO 7.62 rounds of ammunition's (the chain bullets)

1 Like

Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by EDSONSMITH(m): 8:33am On Apr 22, 2017
[quote author=DeRay98 post=55796757]

My friend, did you noticed all the names given here are Benue names?
These are not Fulanis but Benue (Idoma and others) names.[they're all tiv names, no single Idoma name there bro
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by kuuljay(m): 8:33am On Apr 22, 2017
SFSNIPER:
Dont just arrest my people on our foolish Governor's orders, arrest those herdsmen too. Ortom has unsettled personal issues with Ghana and its public knowledge over here. You cant deceive anybody.
we all know that these weapons were bought by tiv sons to protect themselves from Fulani invasions in taraba and nasarawa ortom is playing with fire by forcefully disarming and arresting these vigilante's while the Fulani's are busy killing in the shadows of the dark,he thinks he is getting back at suswam but posterity will catch up with him,Benue people should wake up from slumber
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by Origin(f): 8:34am On Apr 22, 2017
Please is the police saying that all the killings that have been attributed to Fulani herdsmen for some months now were actually perpetrated by this set of people and their leader is on the loose.

Hmmmm.... This is how war will start due to inciting and name calling without proof.

And what is this group fighting for and where did they get al this guns
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by oladoja1(m): 8:52am On Apr 22, 2017
fatymore:
Are those names Of Fulani's Tribe
bro I wonder o
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by cytell56: 9:18am On Apr 22, 2017
obiremy:
[left][/left]PRESS BRIEFING
PARADE OF SUSPECTS ARRESTED IN CONNECTION WITH THE
MERCILESS KILLINGS OF INNOCENT PERSONS AND
WANTON DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTIES WORTH MILLIONS
OF NAIRA, AT ZAKI BIAM IN BENUE STATE
ON 20TH MARCH 2017
AT THE FORCE HEADQUARTERS, ABUJA
BY CSP JIMOH MOSHOOD, FORCE PUBLIC
RELATIONS OFFICER FORCE HEADQUARTERS,
ABUJA
ON 21ST  OF APRIL, 2017

Gentlemen of the Press, you are welcome to today’s press briefing.
As a result of the killings of innocent persons by unknown gun men at Zaki Biam in Benue State on 20th March 2017 and destruction of properties worth Millions of Naira, the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, mni, swiftly deployed Police Special Tactical Force and an high powered investigation team to unravel the circumstances surrounding the gruesome killings and bring the perpetrators to justice.
2 .The preliminary investigation and the operations embarked upon by the joint Police team revealed that one Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana, a gang leader of a vicious and notorious serial killer syndicate was responsible for the senseless killings of seventeen (17) innocent persons at Zaki Biam and for killing in cold blood of about fifty (50) people in other locations in Benue State. He is also responsible for so many kidnappings, armed robberies and cultists violence leading to loss of lives and properties in other parts of Benue State. Further investigation revealed that he is also responsible for killing of Mr. Deneen Igbana (late) the Special Adviser on Security to the Executive Governor of Benue State, Chief Samuel Ortom.
3. Consequently, the Inspector General of Police ordered the Special Police teams already on ground in Benue State to immediately embark on manhunt for Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana and his gang members and bring them to justice.
4. This joint operations comprising the personnel of the Nigeria Police Force, the Nigerian Military and the Department of State Service for the arrest of Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana and his vicious criminal gang is currently ongoing in Benue State.
5.In the dogged pursuit of the operations the Nineteen (19) suspects listed below were arrested for conspiracy and other various criminal roles they played in the killings of innocent persons and other violent crimes carried out by Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana in Benue State. They are currently in Police custody. During interrogation they admitted to be cohorts of the wanted suspect “Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana” and have facilitated the commission of some of the offences linked to him at different times in Benue and other neighbouring States. They will be charged to court on completion of investigation accordingly.

i.  Tordue Kaaor    M
ii.   Hiikenter Orbunde  M
iii.  Vincent Asemave  M
iv.  David Terhembe  M
v.  Dalhatu Abdullahi  M
vi. Iortember Orkuma M
vii.Manasseh Ikyar  M
viii. Nengene Ikyar  M
ix.  Joshua Ioraonya  M
x.  Joseph John M
xi. akowakwahve  M
xii. Terwase Sabastine M
xiii. Sunday Utza  M
xiv.  Umsughaondo Gbaga M
xv. Swem Utiu    M
xvi. Terwase John  M
xvii.  Mbadon Mbati   F
xviii. Tame Buumbu  F
xix.  Godwin Iorhundu   M
2  RECOVERY OF CACHE OF WEAPONS, WHICH INCLUDES LMG, SMG, HAND-GRENADES EXPLOSIVES AND ASSORTED ARMS AND AMMUNITION.
The below listed weapons and exhibits were discovered and recovered in a secret underground armory of  Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana by the joint team of Police personnel, the Military and the DSS during joint assault on Ghana’s hideout in the Forest in a location in Benue State. The principal suspect (Terwase Akwaza aka Ghana) and his gang abandoned their hideout and narrowly escaped further into the forest as a result of the superior firepower of the joint operation teams.

EXHIBITS RECOVERED:
i.  Three (3) AK 47 Rifles
ii.  Three (3) FN Rifles
iii.One (1) G3 Rifle
iv. One (1) LMG
v. One (1) SMG
vi  One (1) Double-Barrel Gun
vii. One (1) Mark 4 Rifle
viii.  Four (4) Single-Barrel Guns
ix.  Four (4) Locally-Made Revolver Pistols
x.  Five (5) Locally-Made Revolver Pistols
xi.Thirty (36) Hand-Grenades
xiiTwo (2) Short Gun Local
Magazines:
i.         One hundred and forty one (141) Ak47 Magazines
ii.        Twenty (20) FN Magazines
iii.      Eighteen (18) 6x G3 Magazines
iv.     Three (3) Mark 4 Magazines
v.       One (1) Spear
Ammunition:
i.         Five hundred and thirty six ( 536) rounds of 7.62 mm NATO
ii.        Four hundred and sixty- six (466) rounds of 7.62 mm
iii.      Four hundred and sixty four (464) rounds of  Special
iv.     Twenty nine (29) rounds of 9mm Ball
v.       One hundred and nineteen (119) rounds of 5.56mm 118
vi.     One (1) round of 12.7 mm
vii.    Five hundred and thirty three  (533) cartridges for Double-Barrel Guns
viii.  Twelve (12) Canisters Teargas
ix.      Fifty (50) rounds of Air-rifle ammunition
OTHER ITEMS:
i.         Two (2) bottles of perfume
ii.        One (1) Knife
iii.      One (1) Plier
iv.     One (1) SMG Magazine
v.       Six (6) Beretta Magazine

CSP JIMOH O. MOSHOOD
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS
ABUJA

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/04/parade-of-suspects-arrested-in.html
Old boy, this one nah army oh!!!
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by leofab(f): 9:37am On Apr 22, 2017
See docile comment above me.. these people are vigilantes set up by the communities to protect them and now the police went and arrest them so the Fulanis can have a filled day.. issokay
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by SFSNIPER(m): 9:38am On Apr 22, 2017
kuuljay:
we all know that these weapons were bought by tiv sons to protect themselves from Fulani invasions in taraba and nasarawa ortom is playing with fire by forcefully disarming and arresting these vigilante's while the Fulani's are busy killing in the shadows of the dark,he thinks he is getting back at suswam but posterity will catch up with him,Benue people should wake up from slumber

Dont mind that confused man. His commissioner who was on his entourage stole in China. Those are the kind of people he has around.
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by Cityguy: 10:36am On Apr 22, 2017
leofab:
See docile comment above me.. these people are vigilantes set up by the communities to protect them and now the police went and arrest them so the Fulanis can have a filled day.. issokay
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by ladychioma: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
Those people they caught might be innocent. Nigerian police can bring weapons from anywhere and claim it belongs to those innocent citizens in order to cover their heinous crimes against humanity.
Is it not this same police that shut an unarmed protester in Benue state yesterday?
I weep for my country. Fulani herdsmen are moving freely. They have become untouchable
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by elipheleh(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hh
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by MegaGab: 9:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
I don't believe that story. This is blackmail against "Ghana".
Re: Suspects Arrested By Police In Connection With Killings In Benue (Photos) by holyokoto(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2017
Aromas:
Sophisticated weapons grin and Fulanis keep slaughtering them like animals.

Am from Benue and I must tell you the truth, all these people arrested are all innocent people, those weapons are from the police reserve. look at the picture it does not conform with the report. The Government has plan to annihilate us in Benue and there is nothing we can do. Has the police ever arrested the rampaging Fulanis in our land? No. But they are quick to claim they have arrested the people behind Zaki biam killing, was Zaki biam killing involve grenades ? No but they claim these people has 36 grenades which were all framed up by the Government including their goons our Governor.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Persons Killed In Rivers After Death Of Cult Leader. Graphic Pics / Militant Leaders And 3000 Members Surrender In Imo State (Photos) / Police Confirms Arrest Of Officers For Extorting Software Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.