Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise (1074 Views)

Protest In Sabon Gari Market, Kano, Over Demolition Of Roadside Shops (Video) / Traders Weep Over Demolition Of Festac Town Market / Lagos Joins Trillionaires’ Club As Ambode Presents 2018 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise by Larryomooba(m): 11:59pm On Apr 21, 2017
The Lagos state government has reportedly began the demolition of the popular Ojodu market located in the Berger area of the state. According to report, the demolition process began in the wee hours of Wednesday, catching market women unawares. The demolition exercise which was reported to have commenced since yesterday has led to several of…

https://breaking.com.ng/nigeria/ojodu-berger-market-women-in-tears-as-ambode-begins-demolition-exercise/

Re: Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise by suso(m): 12:17am On Apr 22, 2017
It has to happen
Re: Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:22am On Apr 22, 2017
In an ideal country, it's usually relocation before demolition; but unfortunately here, demolition comes before consideration of relocation or compensation or none.
Re: Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise by SIRmanjar(m): 2:41am On Apr 22, 2017
I regret ever voting dat pumpkin head governor Ambode.

1 Like

Re: Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise by SoNature(m): 4:41am On Apr 22, 2017
OP, LASG has released an official statement, saying they never authorised the demolition of the market, but an unnamed former Governor of Lagos did.

If truly a former governor demolished the market - something I find strange - then it must be ......(your guess is as good as mine).

Poor women!! They should try Alagbole Market...at least there's enough space there
Re: Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise by raker300: 4:41am On Apr 22, 2017
SIRmanjar:
I regret ever voting de pumpkin head governor Ambode.
when they were demolishing igbo markets, you all praised and encouraged more ...lol.

This is called poetic justice
Re: Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise by baby124: 4:42am On Apr 22, 2017
I heard that the government sold these shops to private investors without settling the owners of the shops. Ambode you are a criminal if you truly did this. Give those women their money and compensate them for their loss. A lot of those women owned their shops which were bought from the government. Government had no right to sell or demolish these shops without compensation.

These women were also not notified of the intended demolition at all. Ambode was said to have been present at the site of demolition a day before
Re: Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise by NegeduGrace(f): 4:46am On Apr 22, 2017
why were they not informed!?this is absolutely not good but I can't do anything about it
Re: Ojodu-berger Market Women In Tears As Ambode Begins Demolition Exercise by persius555(m): 5:13am On Apr 22, 2017
That portion of land was subject to court dispute. Once judgement was secured over ownership of the land, naira changed hands and the new owner took possession.
Everything in Nigeria is for the highest bidder. Nobody gives a damn about the millions who will be denied of their source of livelihood.

It's called capitalism, so let's all live with it.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Fiverr In 2017 / Animation To Promote Business / Spot This Photography Firm Advert Banner.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.