Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

5 Interesting Things About Benin City - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Interesting Things About Benin City (30688 Views)

Top 5 Interesting Places In Lagos To Celebrate Nigeria @ 59 / 5 Interesting Things To See And Do In Abeokuta, Ogun State / 5 Interesting Things About South Africa Most People Don’t Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by sagitariusbaby(m): 4:35pm On Apr 22, 2017
ThinkDeeply:
90% of them are into witchcraftary

90% of the males are cultist and drug addict

90% of the females are prostitutes

90% are criminals and illegal immigrants in other countries.

Where are you from fuul?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by ReneeNuttall(f): 4:39pm On Apr 22, 2017
First time I visited Revelation palazzo tourist centre was when my school went on a field trip damn! that place is one hell of a heritage site.Everything looks so real,even the slaves,the ancient past kings,the mammy water,the Benin massacre etc,I swear I couldn't sleep at night. Only those who have been there will understand. I even saw the live video of the executions of the late armed terrorist ANINI.Its an experience I will never forget.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Alexis11: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
KevinDein:
Wow. Is Benin that bad? Most only have horrible horrible things to say about the place.

Sounds like hell to me.

I've been in Benin for 5 years (since NYSC days) and I can confirm that Benin is a blessed land. I'm really enjoying my stay here. By the grace of God, I'm taking a wife here. cool

6 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
Op, you forgot Kada cinemas and club jokers. cheesy.

Cc Yesiambeautiful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Alexis11: 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2017
sircrabo:

Had a nice time while in benin, just that I had to watch my back all the times. Like benin like port harcourt, cult everywhere. If you aint carefull you'll fall into a trap.

Their youths liketo travel abroad ehn. Any family that doesn't have A child abroad don't earn respect. Italy, spain, uk ... And they are so desperate.

Pls don't break a benin girls heart o ! She'll come to your house and scatter everything or fight your new gf with razor blade.

I like their guys, dem get mind. If you plan anything with them( or ibo guys), it stays that way compared to my south western friends

Sex is damn cheap in benin. Even 15yrs girl go f**k craze comot for ur head. Lol

Its a wonderful city though

The bolded is not necessary kid.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by kenx1(m): 4:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Op u did not add cultism
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by kayceerilyn(f): 5:00pm On Apr 22, 2017
Danty37:

u stay in sch hostel (hall 1 or hall 2)... I rep my alma mata..
#proudlyunibenalumni
Hall one
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
It's amazing how some people will sit at the comfort of their homes and join the bandwagons spewing trash about a state u av never been to.Even though everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but dat doesn't deter the fact that Edo state is one of the most peaceful and accommodating states quote me anywhere. I could recall few years ago,before the demise of HRH.Oba Erediauwa,when the Muslims were killing the Christians and the Christian started revenging,it was the late Oba's palace that the Muslims ran to for refuge .And the Oba being a peacemaker sheltered and fed them for days,and then settled the disputes and today everyone is living in peace and harmony.
Am not an indigen but av lived a huge chunk of my life here.I can satisfactorily say that most of the horrible news making rounds on nairaland just dis week alone came from other states of which they are they ones spewing trash about Edo state.
Am not saying Edo state indigens do not have their own flaws ,but then this is applicable to all other states.Majority of the people here are the IBO's,Yorubas and Hasusas all living here and doing their businesses peacefully.So why the fuzz? is it only in Benin that witchcraft is practiced?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by george05: 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
Drienzia:
Life in Edo is just like living in Sambisa
..Talking from experience, 6 out of every 10 youths in the state er either cultists or touts... I never wished to stay/visit that state again. The couple of years I spent there was really bad experience. A state were u can't walk with your phone in your hands, were telling youths "Good morning" is an offence. People die everyday cause of cultism... Spits

I will take everyother joke except dis one oh...wether serious or joking. Because similar incidence happen in other states. Also...I nor know where u stay for Benin or when....but definitely nor be my side. Right now I dey Lag and most of what u said also happen here....I go come run because dat...TAH!!!

I know everyone dey entitled to their opinion.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by tartarus(m): 5:43pm On Apr 22, 2017
I love Edo babes kiss
My girlfriend is Bini, I've visited the state lots of times. It's not bad, relatively boring. Dem only get kada cinema. Lol
But Benin (Edo state) isn't bad at all.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Marcofranz(m): 5:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
Its quite regrettable to see how some ignoramus folk could sit down and start typing trash about a state you know nothing about, just because you heard someone saying it. Don't play smart with them and you won't have any issues. and I can categorically tell you if you're not a cultist you have no worries. Binis are peace loving people but can be very troublesome if you try to make a fool out of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Lillpo(m): 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
Chrisozone:
* everybody is a private jet owner and a pilot

* 95% of the houses are owned by landladies

*the ugly governors

Etc....
grin cheesy
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by george05: 5:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
Gaddafithe2nd:
Benin city will be the last city I will live in Nigeria, most of their males (youths) are cultist, most of their ladies are easy to phuck. They are dubious, they love to travel out of the country, the see it as a priority. If you are a stranger and you are dating their ladies, you might be attacked by cultist. The last but not the least, both their educated and non-educated people don't obey traffic light.

No worry we nor want you too. grin
Edo Repin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by george05: 5:51pm On Apr 22, 2017
ovoP:
Try branch warri
Make the guy go Lagos. E never see anything.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by george05: 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2017
olagamalin:
I'm serving here ...and the people are far from friendly. The Sellers et Conductors always trying to play fast one on corpers. Truth is ....I can't wait to leave. It's times like this I truly cherish where I'm coming from. #Mypiece

Atleast you talk say na Ur piece. U bin dey stay naija before now....nor vex oh. I just wan know,because of wetin u talk. Go Aba, go Ibadan,go Lagos, go Port Harcourt....who slow dem go chop am....nor be today

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by ukorsimplicity(m): 6:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
dammy13:

The Royal Oba’s Palace

The Benin Moat

Igun-Eronmwon Quarters

Igue Festival

Revelation Tourist Palazzo

http://fabinfos.com/5-interesting-things-about-benin-city/
Why not take your time to add all this places here https://achota.com so that people can find it easily and faster via facebook messenger https://m.me/achotaai
https://facebook.com/achotaai
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by olagamalin(m): 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
george05:

Atleast you talk say na Ur piece. U bin dey stay naija before now....nor vex oh. I just wan know,because of wetin u talk. Go Aba, go Ibadan,go Lagos, go Port Harcourt....who slow dem go chop am....nor be today

Guy Calm down,I was born in Ilorin, I live in Lagos, I did vacation several times in Enugu & Onitsha with my Dad, I spent a year at OAU (during which I stayed outside campus and visit Osogbo during weekends) before switching to Lag, I went to Law School at Bwari, Abuja, I was at Uyo for about 3weeks during my undergraduate days as well as Tinapa in Calabar. Ibadan is more or less a second home. My State of Origin is Ondo State and I can never forget the 1week experience in Zaria (2001). I may not be the most travelled guy around, but I recognize courtesy and homely disposition when I see one.

So pardon me when I reiterate the brusque mannerism et discourteous culture-shock I encountered in Benin, it is not to malign "your people" in any way, but I try to call a spade a spade, not necessarily a big spoon.

Above all Sir, Different strokes for different folks. Perhaps it's where I stay here #Peace

5 Likes

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 22, 2017
kayceerilyn:
Hall one
all d best sis..
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by dapsoneh: 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
GMbuharii:

uwòriaaa?? angry
uworiaaa?
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by hardbody: 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
Drienzia:
Life in Edo is just like living in Sambisa
..Talking from experience, 6 out of every 10 youths in the state er either cultists or touts... I never wished to stay/visit that state again. The couple of years I spent there was really bad experience. A state were u can't walk with your phone in your hands, were telling youths "Good morning" is an offence. People die everyday cause of cultism... Spits

God bless you. My views exactly.Headquarters of Ogboni

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by nkemjacob2(m): 7:20pm On Apr 22, 2017
d potentials in benin city is yet revealed.. the corruption in d state is sometin... benin is a good area of investing
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by hardbody: 7:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
ReneeNuttall:
It's amazing how some people will sit at the comfort of their homes and join the bandwagons spewing trash about a state u av never been to.Even though everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but dat doesn't deter the fact that Edo state is one of the most peaceful and accommodating states quote me anywhere. I could recall few years ago,before the demise of HRH.Oba Erediauwa,when the Muslims were killing the Christians and the Christian started revenging,it was the late Oba's palace that the Muslims ran to for refuge .And the Oba being a peacemaker sheltered and fed them for days,and then settled the disputes and today everyone is living in peace and harmony.
Am not an indigen but av lived a huge chunk of my life here.I can satisfactorily say that most of the horrible news making rounds on nairaland just dis week alone came from other states of which they are they ones spewing trash about Edo state.
Am not saying Edo state indigens do not have their own flaws ,but then this is applicable to all other states.Majority of the people here are the IBO's,Yorubas and Hasusas all living here and doing their businesses peacefully.So why the fuzz? is it only in Benin that witchcraft is practiced?

##Scrutinizing the possible existence of wings......

They almost forcefully initiated my uncle into ogboni, he had to run to lagos and start life afresh. I holidayed there severally, their boys and girls na gboro...

Even when we used to travel east by road as a family, my dad always reminded the driver....this is bini ooo.....and that was all he needed to say

everybody in that town is a bomb waiting to be detonated

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by ReneeNuttall(f): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
hardbody:

##Scrutinizing the possible existence of wings......
Don't allow me use this lafun to injure u o undecided
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by hardbody: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
ReneeNuttall:

Don't allow me use this lafun to injure u o undecided

if you throw me lafun i go chop am. you no from dia wink
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by KevinDein: 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
Alexis11:

I've been in Benin for 5 years (since NYSC days) and I can confirm that Benin is a blessed land. I'm really enjoying my stay here. By the grace of God, I'm taking a wife here. cool
Nice to know. Too much negativity from the previous posts.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Slymonster(m): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
kayceerilyn:
I've been schooling in Uniben for four years now but I've not been to anywhere listed there.... Graduation goals

Add me among those goals
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Eaglesence: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
Yomit71:
are they pilot

Yes ooo!!, you dint know With very good eye sight sef
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
george05:

No worry we nor want you too. grin Edo Repin
Currently serving in your state, in 12 days time I will leave your state.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
george05:

No worry we nor want you too. grin Edo Repin
Currently serving in your state, in 12 days time I will leave your state.

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
hardbody:

if you throw me lafun i go chop am. you no from dia wink
Lol.
Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by kayceerilyn(f): 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2017
Slymonster:

Add me among those goals
Lol.... Who are you again?

1 Like

Re: 5 Interesting Things About Benin City by pharoah7(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2017
czarina:
Epa Wehdone O
otiowan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The N4.5 Billion Underpass Project In Kano (photos) / Car Somersaults In Obadare, Lagos, Pregnant Woman Killed (Photos) / Man Strips To Demand A Refund From Airpeace, Today, After Missing Flight - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.