Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,342 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me (1577 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Don't You Think God Is A Partial God? / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 22, 2017
So, I was once a Christian a devoted one. until alot happened a long story thou. I gave my life to Christ, And at some point, I took it back. I believe it's better with me. But ever since I left that path, I still get forced by my parent to attend church service. Attimes, I still feel this electricity in me, I still feel this power in me. it's like I have some powers deposited in me that I can't access, and that stir up in a worship atmosphere. I still believe God doesn't exist thou. pls fellow atheist how can I overcome this feeling
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by felixomor: 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2017
hope2wise:
So, I was once a Christian a devoted one. until alot happened a long story thou. I gave my life to Christ, And at some point, I took it back. I believe it's better with me. But ever since I left that path, I still get forced by my parent to attend church service. Attimes, I still feel this electricity in me, I still feel this power in me. it's like I have some powers deposited in me that I can't access, and that stir up in a worship atmosphere. I still believe God doesn't exist thou. pls fellow atheist how can I overcome this feeling

They will probably tell you to commit more sins so as to overcome the "feeling"

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by GloriaNinja(f): 2:14pm On Apr 22, 2017
undecidedOVERCOME THIS FEELING BY DELETING YOUR NAIRALAND ACCOUNT. OLOSHI

3 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Tallesty1(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
Why do you want to overcome the feeling :

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
GloriaNinja:
did I direct any insults to u?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by hopefulLandlord: 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2017
GloriaNinja:

I'm curious, what are you seeing about/in the author of OP that I'm not?

2 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by ojun50(m): 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
Hw old are u
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by GloriaNinja(f): 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
hope2wise:
did I direct any insults to u?
KPELE BUT AM JUST BEING SARCASTIC, AM HERE TO CATCH FUN ABEG, ANY "OLOSHI" OF A WORD I DIRECTED TO U IS BECAUSE I LIKE THE SOUND OF IT,, I'M NOT EVEN A YORUBA, SO KPELE IF YOU FEEL INSULTED, AM JUST CATCHING FUN.

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
ojun50:
Hw old are u
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
GloriaNinja:
KPELE BUT AM JUST BEING SARCASTIC, AM HERE TO CATCH FUN ABEG, ANY "OLOSHI" OF A WORD I DIRECTED TO U IS BECAUSE I LIKE THE SOUND OF IT,, I'M NOT EVEN A YORUBA, SO KPELE IF YOU FEEL INSULTED, AM JUST CATCHING FUN.

No qualms. I'm a Yoruba BTW...

3 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by ojun50(m): 2:36pm On Apr 22, 2017
hope2wise:

jst do wht make u happy...

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by hopefulLandlord: 2:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
OP, what made you embrace atheism?
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
OP, what made you embrace atheism?
long story
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:17pm On Apr 22, 2017
hope2wise:
I still get those feelings and I still go to church during worship.

It comes with the sincere passions, combined voices, melody and lyrics. Perhaps the sound of the piano just adds that killer touch to it.

It's the adrenalin, goosebumps...

I still get it in music videos, especially live performances with good vocals, and innocent voices...

It has nothing to do with God.

Watch this, it's give me the chills anyway.
https://youtu.be/Mm7gi453_Iw

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
I still get those feelings and I still go to church during worship.

It comes with the sincere passions, combined voices, melody and lyrics. Perhaps the sound of the piano just adds that killer touch to it.

It's the adrenalin, goosebumps...

I still get it in music videos, especially live performances with good vocals, and innocent voices...

It has nothing to do with God.

Watch this, it's give me the chills anyway.
https://youtu.be/Mm7gi453_Iw

you just explained everything happening to me

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by ScepticalPyrrho: 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2017
hope2wise:

you just explained everything happening to me
Your are welcome.

cc felixomor
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by frank317: 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2017
felixomor:

They will probably tell you to commit more sins so as to overcome the "feeling"

There he goes again. Do u even read ur comments... It's like words coming out from an empty box

2 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by felixomor: 4:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
frank317:

There he goes again. Do u even read ur comments... It's like words coming out from an empty box

Keep quiet.
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by FellepHq(m): 5:21pm On Apr 22, 2017
Have you attended a live concert before? people faint when Michael Jackson sings.
Does it mean God is in this concerts.
It's called hypnotism, read Gray books and you will understand what happens in theatrics.
Music is a powerful mind tool.

6 Likes

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 22, 2017
FellepHq:
Have you attended a live concert before? people faint when Michael Jackson sings.
It's called hypnotism, read Gray books and you will understand what happens in theatrics.

wow. tanx man.
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
hope2wise:
Hi FellepHq, I'm also Atheist. Don't let the fear take you out of the path. Use your logic to not scare the shite out of you. Practice makes you perfect!
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by otemanuduno: 5:33am On Apr 23, 2017
FellepHq:
Urheme come and learn.
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by urheme: 8:18am On Apr 24, 2017
otemanuduno:
Urheme come and learn.

The Holy Spirit is my Teacher......the difference have been revealed to me. grin
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by urheme: 8:23am On Apr 24, 2017
hope2wise:

You were never a christian but a church goer..... when you receive the power of God you will know the difference.
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by hopefulLandlord: 8:30am On Apr 24, 2017
urheme:

You were never a christian but a church goer..... when you receive the power of God you will know the difference.

Fallacy detected: No true Scotsman fallacy

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
urheme:

The Holy Spirit is my Teacher......the difference have been revealed to me. grin

lol, I was laughing while reading your personal encounter. All the brushings, fallings, gyrations... oh mehn grin
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 24, 2017
urheme:

hahahaha, I laffed hard wen I saw this... do you know what's it's like to conduct an anointing service. do u know what's it like to touch Someone, and d person start blasting in tongues, do u know wat it's like to blow air on someone, and d person finds himself on d floor... I know. and I've been there... so niqqa. u don't know me.
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by urheme: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2017
hope2wise:

hahahaha, I laffed hard wen I saw this... do you know what's it's like to conduct an anointing service. do u know what's it like to touch Someone, and d person start blasting in tongues, do u know wat it's like to blow air on someone, and d person finds himself on d floor... I know. and I've been there... so niqqa. u don't know me.

It does not make you a Christian.....you can still be used by a demon to achieve all that.

Blasting in tongues is irrelevant and does not help anybody...... i don't even fancy it despite the fact that power has touched me.
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 25, 2017
urheme:

It does not make you a Christian.....you can still be used by a demon to achieve all that.

Blasting in tongues is irrelevant and does not help anybody...... i don't even fancy it despite the fact that power has touched me.

Mr man, just direct ur tongue before d wrath of ur God fall on u. used by demons ba, and i won life for Christ ba? don't u know everything cos u are a Christian. religion is a big scam...
Re: I'm An Atheist, But I Think God(in My Mind) Is Still Tryna Reach Out To Me by urheme: 10:44am On Apr 25, 2017
hope2wise:

Mr man, just direct ur tongue before d wrath of ur God fall on u. used by demons ba, and i won life for Christ ba? don't u know everything cos u are a Christian. religion is a big scam...

Ok.

(1) (Reply)

See What Rev. Fathers And Sisters Were Caught Doing / Victory Over Self 2017 RCCG CONGRESS TALK 1 / Stronger Than Your Enemies Part 3. Sermon & Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.