Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye (27143 Views)

The Cars Yahaya Bello Wants To Use For Campaign (Photos) / Is This Why Governor Umahi Has Been Crying Over New Minimum Wage? / 2019: What Will Happen If Buhari Does Not Seek Re-election – Governor Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
ON April 22, 2017 5:47 PM
By BOLUWAJI OBAHOPO, LOKOJA

Hundreds of Kogi Women Saturday trooped to the street of Aiyetoro -Gbede (home town of Senator Dino Melaye) protesting over the assassination
attempt on Senator Dino Melaye.

The women drawn from the seven LGAs of Kogi West senatorial axis of the state also marched from the street to the senators house conveying their solidarity to him.

The protestants who latter goes spiritual raining curses on those who want to kill the senator, carried different ply cards with some inscriptions;

“We, Kogi West Women warn Yahaya Bello, Edward Onoja, Taofiq Isa; touch Dino Melaye and face our wrath”, "Do not kill the light, let the light shine” amidst others.

One of the spokesperson of the group, Mrs Ikusemoro Jalon while addressing the protestants said the politics of assassination is akin to the area,

“Senator Dino is fighting for our rights. The rights of women, workers pensioners and the less privileged, we don’t want him kill. “We are mothers we don’t want him murdered.

We’ve not see this type of politics before. We have been practising politics for long but not the politics of guns”.

The women call on the security agencies to unravel the situation and ensured that justice is prevailed.

Responding to the protestants, Senator Dino alleged that the reason why Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello wanted him dead was because of his stand on the plight of the state workers and Pensioners.
He noted that workers and pensioners in the state are dying and suffering following the refusal of the governor to pay salary and pensions in the last 15 months,

“Yahaya Bello collected N20 billion naira from federal government as bail out fund, still he refused to settle workers. He also collected N11 billion naira from Paris refund money, still he refused to pay workers and pensioners.
“Children can no longer go to school, tenants can no longer pay for house rent, enough is enough the people of Kogi State are tired of this government.
I will continue to speak the truth for the sake of my people. No amount of intimidation will stop me from fighting for the course of my people.”

Dino who expressed deep shock over the assassination attempt on his life described the situation as unfortunate, regrettable, highly disturbing and very strange to the socio-political-culture of the people of Kogi West.

“In the history of Kogi West, various political gladiators have, at various times, had their differences but none had ever been escalated to the level of attempt on life. “The recent incident is alien to Okun people and to Kogi West.

The advent of Yahaya Bello as Governor and Taofiq Isa as Local Government administrator in the political firmament of Kogi state has brought this unfortunate socio-political paradigm shift.

” I have fought for the rights of the people at the national level, God will not forgive me if I don’t fight for the rights of my people at home.”

www.vanguardngr.com/2017/04/assassination-attempt-kogi-gov-want-died-dino/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by softwerk(f): 10:25pm On Apr 22, 2017
But what kind of nonsense is this?! sad

If someone as highly placed as the Governor of a State really wants you dead I do not think he will send assassins to shoot at a 'caravan' and your building walls Senator Dino Melaye

Dino is both the Movie Director, Editor and Lead Actor in this movie script he wrote Himself angry

100 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by babyfaceafrica: 10:32pm On Apr 22, 2017
Lolzz

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by Onwardvic(m): 10:46pm On Apr 22, 2017
God will not forgive u if u don't "fight" but he will forgive u for looting their Commonwealth bah? this is where our politicians rank 1st among their contemporaries @brainwashing

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by MisterGrace: 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
Which kind nonsense be this? All these rented Okpa women.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by vedaxcool(m): 12:32am On Apr 23, 2017
Dinodiot farting lies uncontrollably. ..

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by TPAND(f): 2:13am On Apr 23, 2017
A lot of persons have unwarranted hatred for Dino Melaye. But if you follow events at the upper chamber well, you will realize the most vibrant senator Nigeria has currently is Dino Melaye

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by stonemasonn: 2:53am On Apr 23, 2017
Free Dino Melaye!!

8 Likes

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by Flyingngel(m): 6:46am On Apr 23, 2017
I don't knw why women and some unstable youths are pawns in the hand of these evil politicians. Dino is like Yahaya.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by datopaper(m): 7:16am On Apr 23, 2017
We know why, u want him to be your boy now
Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by ObasanjoQuotes: 10:45am On Apr 23, 2017
Big man,big death. You cannot kill a poor man with assassination. Just give am Rat poison

2 Likes

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by 0b10010011: 10:45am On Apr 23, 2017

Dino should stop the failed Nollywood script

It has expired!

He should get a better script writer and a more competent movie director to shoot another one. A few influential actors should also be introduced with the gun handlers aiming better in the new movie

I can title it "The assassination of Dino" part 2

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by aleeyus(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2017
stonemasonn:
Free Dino Melaye!!
Are you one ?
Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by sammyj: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2017
Of what relevance is Dino Melaye to his people and Nigeria at large that anybody will want him dead even as everyone also know the governor of that state as irresponsible. I believe all this is just political statement and publicity which he feeds and enjoys a lot. What a shame! !!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by YesNo(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2017
Boring Dino. Stale Gist.
#Yawning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by XIIX: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2017
Liar

Assassination that u arranged

100 bullets and they are sprayed the wall none touch the window below , cheap ode

Mumu that did seminar and called it degree

Ure only fooling ur followers most no go sch so they no know a from b fire down

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by AntiWailer: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2017
Lousy eediot.

IT Is now official, that money can not buy you Sanity.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by AceRoyal: 10:48am On Apr 23, 2017
Dino has just started his plot to be governor of Kogi state.
This first act is to psychologically paint Yahaya Bello a Villain&himself a hero.Endearing himself to the people of Kogi and gaining grounds in the grassroots. Next will be tactical confrontation and wrecking of Yahaya Bello's political backing &foot soldiers.
Whether Yahaya Bello attacks or defends against Dino henceforth he's going to lose.Except he changes his style of governance&political strategy.

But with the poor performance of Yahaya Bello and Dino's mastery of political chess&backing of saraki,he might beat Yahaya Bello in the next election.
So far Yahaya Bello hasn't proven to be too politically smart.

Dino and Saraki making moves for their next play to get more power.

2019 is going to be very interesting and defining for Nigeria.

Enjoying the political Telemundo-Game of thrones(Naija version).tongue

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2017
Na your wahala be that, today is my birthday please show me some love

21 Likes

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by oseka101(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2017
Kogi best solution for that state is to split them up..... If not it can only get worse!!!
Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by Chiefpriest1(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2017
Lol. The only right that Dino is fighting for is that of his pocket.

You see how politicians use peoples heads? Dino, the multi billionaire whose source of income outside politics is not known is now a rights defender.

Anybody after his life, if this is not about his usual drama should be fished out, but I will rather believe Lai Mohammed, than allign with Dino on anything.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by Akaujaa(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2017
TPAND:
A lot of persons have unwarranted hatred for Dino Melaye. But if you follow events at the upper chamber well, you will realize the most vibrant senator Nigeria has currently is Dino Melaye

Vibrant in what way please? Maybe you should explain the word "vibrant" in this context to avoid ambiguity.

7 Likes

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by Kizyte(m): 10:52am On Apr 23, 2017
Assassination attempt! God forbid, I'll rather kill myself than commit suicide cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by optional1(f): 10:53am On Apr 23, 2017
ode

from local govt chairman to yaya bello..

Na una sabi... U come house for Easter u see say yaya never pay ur pple salary u close mouth reach abj dey open say na yaya dey after ur life...
Make una two die abeg make we see road..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 23, 2017
Dino that's taking this joke too far jor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by BigBrother9ja: 10:53am On Apr 23, 2017
Useless story

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by achieverme(m): 10:55am On Apr 23, 2017
This guy won't stop fooling himself. I guess he wants to become kogi state governor, hence his reason to stage this fake assassination in his home state

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by bumi10(m): 10:55am On Apr 23, 2017
ok
Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by romme2u: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2017
ok we have heard sad
Re: Assassination Attempt: "Why Governor Bello Wants Me Dead" – Dino Melaye by Akaujaa(m): 10:56am On Apr 23, 2017
Simply put, Dino has his eyes fixed on the coveted seat, and going by the Nigerian style of politics, you have to make your strongest opponent look bad to stand a chance...

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Presidency: Why El-rufai Is Afraid - Tambuwal / Sanusi Meets With Nigerian Students In Scotland (pics) / FG To Publish Names Of Treasury Looters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.