Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Why am I Scared Of Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why am I Scared Of Marriage? (2456 Views)

I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister / Couple Celebrates Divorce After 13 Years Of Marriage, Offers Advice. / Why Men Scared Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by irririchris(m): 1:02am On Apr 23, 2017
Four days ago, a friend came to my house to scold and demand why I haven’t settled down...
I’ll be 34 this year ... and no marriage plans.. hmm
Today, the question above came to my mind, in finding answers... I only got more questions...

Today, the question above came to my mind, in finding answers... I only got more questions..
(1) Why am I scared of marriage? Was it because I never grew up to see my parents together due to separation from irresolvable difference, I didn’t meet my dad until I got to Primary one.
(2) Why am I scared of marriage? Was it because I lost my kid sister and grew up alone and never want to experience losing a loved one again?
(3) Why am I scared of marriage? Is it because I’m scared of my poverty, due to lack of money, I don’t usually start the term with my mates in Secondary (Boarding) School... Having to visit my dad and hoping I get the money only for him to tell me stores... leaving me frustrated and depressed.
(4) Why am I scared of marriage? Was it due to my character formation? I was born by two highly temperamental beings.
(5) Why am I scared of marriage? Is it because I have been unable to fulfil my goals, dreams and aspirations at the desired age I chose.
(6) Why am I scared of marriage? Was it because of how some ladies were unfaithful to me?
These and many more questions came to mind. Will I ever get the answer ‘s’ to these heart burning questions?
Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 1:33am On Apr 23, 2017
Hmmmn. Pertinent questions.

But sometimes you just have to roll the dice and chart your own course.

*The correct word is 'am' not 'I'm', please note.

4 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by irririchris(m): 2:07am On Apr 23, 2017
Correction noted and done.
Thanks a lot

Mementoes:

3 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by alexmaye(m): 2:15am On Apr 23, 2017
May be you are not just ready, your parents mistakes are weighing you down and you don't want to be guilty of what your parents did so from my point of view and solution is for you to go to God in prayer thanks

1 Like

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by BlackDBagba: 3:33am On Apr 23, 2017
Brace up bro. S%#! happened. Don't blame yourself.

Live your life and choose your path. Don't be put down or let the mistakes of your parents ruin your life.

I know it's hard. Some have been there, but moved on, got married and tried as much as possible to do the opposite of that which the parents did - all in an effort to have a home.

Brace up.

2 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by AimingIncognito(f): 4:00am On Apr 23, 2017
With the right partner....
@the right time....

The fear would go away,and you will get married.

Just pray you end up with the right person.
That sh*t is scary bro, one just has to get it right.

4 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by nnamdibig(m): 6:32am On Apr 23, 2017
You are not ready because you have not seen the one that you love so much that you can only think of a life with her. Until that happens don't marry. And when that happens, you will discover that marriage is overrated when you are with someone that both of you love and understands each other.

2 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by jashar(f): 6:53am On Apr 23, 2017
smiley

Marriage ain't compulsory.

1 Like

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Viking007(m): 8:21am On Apr 23, 2017
Mementoes:

cool

1 Like

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 23, 2017
I'm sure when you meet the right person you'll join longer be afraid.

1 Like

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by helinues: 11:43am On Apr 23, 2017
I do not think marriage is meant for everybody. I am also facing same challenges from family and friends asking when am I going to get married as if na them go take care of my family.

Also, marriage is not something to rush about. I am happily single for the past 6 years. Infact, the thought of marriage never come to my mind as I have got a lot of things to achieve before considering of marriage . Check most people that are married around you, i can bet it with you more than 75 % of them are not happy cos they weren't really ready when they tie the knock most especially pregnancy before marriage. A

2 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by divinelove(m): 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
nnamdibig:
You are not ready because you have not seen the one that you love so much that you can only think of a life with her. Until that happens don't marry. And when that happens, you will discover that marriage is overrated when you are with someone that both of you love and understands each other.

Lol u r still living in fantasy land. Op is jst a coward and cowards r afraid of everything n die many times b4 their death.

@ 34 any responsible man shld have marriage on his priority list if nt married already. Living with one person for d rest of ur life is a tough decision love or no love n it requires a lot of courage n maturity to take dt bold step once u see someone dt meets 50% of ur needs. No one is perfect.

Except u r jobless with no source of income, a man @ 34 shld be thinking n planning to marry except he is an irresponsible man.

4 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
How long do you want to linger in the past?
Envision your future, with or without a wife, but have dreams and follow them.

1 Like

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by nnamdibig(m): 12:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:

Lol u r still living in fantasy land. Op is jst a coward and cowards r afraid of everything n die many times b4 their death.

@ 34 any responsible man shld have marriage on his priority list if nt married already. Living with one person for d rest of ur life is a tough decision love or no love n it requires a lot of courage n maturity to take dt bold step once u see someone dt meets 50% of ur needs. No one is perfect.

Except u r jobless with no source of income, a man @ 34 shld be thinking n planning to marry except he is an irresponsible man.

You don't live in fantasy land when you are happily married with kids.
As for OP, I still believe he still need to meet that person he loves before getting married. Am speaking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by divinelove(m): 12:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
nnamdibig:

You don't live in fantasy land when you are happily married with kids.
As for OP, I still believe he still need to meet that person he loves before getting married. Am speaking from experience.

I agree with u but love is jst a choice and he can choose to love any woman he likes

1 Like

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by nnamdibig(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:

I agree with u but love is jst a choice and he can choose to love any woman he likes

Not just choice completely
Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by divinelove(m): 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
nnamdibig:

Not just choice completely

Love is simply a choice to commit to someone dt meets most of ur needs in a partner. All those movie love n if I dnt see u I won't eat kind of love is for immature ppl

2 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by nnamdibig(m): 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:

Love is simply a choice to commit to someone dt meets most of ur needs in a partner. All those movie love n if I dnt see u I won't eat kind of love is for immature ppl
Lol
Funny you.
Love is very important
Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:

Love is a feeling.
Commitment is a choice.

Two different things. Many people commit out of love. Love, however, is not necessary. But who wants to commit to someone they don't love?

4 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by divinelove(m): 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

Love is a feeling.
Commitment is a choice.

Two different things. Many people commit out of love. Love, however, is not necessary. But who wants to commit to someone they don't love?

No my dear love is bigger than a feeling dt can change with weather it a choice to commit to someone for better for worse
Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2017
You are not alone.
many of us have the same fears.
You just need to meet the right person and all this fears will vanish.

3 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:

No my dear love is bigger than a feeling dt can change with weather it a choice to commit to someone for better for worse

If love is a choice, then it is safe to assume that you can love anybody, right?

1 Like

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by divinelove(m): 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
Mindfulness:

If love is a choice, then it is safe to assume that you can love anybody, right?

Yes u can love anybody BC God is love
Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
I only see fear if
You don't have a source of income or your take home pay is so meagre .then the future will look bleak .

And secondly , if u don't know what u want in a partner .

Seat yourself down ask yourself what kind of wife do I need?
How will I meet such Lady?

If u can answer these questions? Then congrats u are about to begin a journey .
Before I was scared of marriage but not anymore. Cos av met the right person. And its took me solid 17years to eventually meet the kind of man, my soul, mind and heart needs.
All through those 17years have been in and out of failed relationships . but I said to myself , the kind of man I need is out there . I sometimes dream about it. And that strengthens my belief that the person I need is out there searching for my kind for person too smiley
And we've met. We are dating .. We have the same ideas and values . all the past of hurts and regrets from past relationships have evaporated into thin air . we are both looking forward in having a home together. Its not hard , when u are with the right partner with similar values and visions.

So op., don't be scared .
Seat yourself down and ask yourself what u truly need and walk towards it .

That's all..

5 Likes

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:

That's not true . he can't choose to love any woman he likes .

Which means if he sees an olosho/ kleptomaniac that catches his fancy , but he likes her at that moment ? He should then decide to love her ?? undecided
It doesn't work like that .

1 Like

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by divinelove(m): 8:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
alexialin:

That's not true . he can't choose to love any woman he likes .

Which means if he sees an olosho/ kleptomaniac that catches his fancy , but he likes her at that moment ? He should then decide to love her ?? undecided
It doesn't work like that .

If u ve sense u will kw dt every man has criteria dt determines their choice of women it could be anything n men specific so once dt is seen he can choose to love d Lady. Love is a choice for matured ppl nt a feeling except for immature chewing gum boys n girls who still lives in fantasy land.
Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:

If u ve sense u will kw dt every man has criteria dt determines their choice of women it could be anything n men specific so once dt is seen he can choose to love d Lady. Love is a choice for matured ppl nt a feeling except for immature chewing gum boys n girls who still lives in fantasy land.

What's this one saying ?

You are simply mumbling and mixing incorrect words together , Mr Sense .

Type correctly so one can understand what u are mumbling about .
If not? Shut the fucvk up!

1 Like

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by divinelove(m): 8:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
alexialin:

What's this one saying ?

You are simply mumbling and mixing incorrect words together , Mr Sense .

Type correctly so one can understand what u are mumbling about .
If not? Shut the fucvk up!

Take some classes in English comprehension dt may be of help
Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:

Take some classes in English comprehension dt may be of help

Lol...charcoal calling pot black.

Better go back to school or better still register for evening classes .It will help you a great deal.

1 Like

Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 23, 2017
-
Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:

Yes u can love anybody BC God is love

No, I can't.
Re: Why am I Scared Of Marriage? by cococandy(f): 8:23am On Apr 24, 2017
Mindfulness:

No, I can't.
hey lady

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Discipline A Very Stubborn Child...works Like Magic / See How This Lady Displayed Her Baby Bump; Cute Family! / Happy Birthday To My Birthday Mates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.