Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,368 members, 7,839,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs (33803 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Practising His Diving Ahead Of Next Season, Fans React(Photos) / Nigerians Blast Victor Moses For Not Making Chelsea Bench After Dumping Nigeria / Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by wayodude(m): 8:30am On Apr 23, 2017
There was no simulation there from Moses. When a defending player goes to ground he HAS TO win the ball. Son didn't come anywhere close to the ball. True, Moses could have attempted to ride the tackle (jumping over it) but that he chose to maintain his course does not make it a simulation on his part. Lazy or incompetent defending from Son was the cause of the Penalty.

NB: Hugo Lloris was lucky to stay on the pitch after handling the ball outside the 18 yard box and thereby denying a clear goal scoring opportunity. I am surprised this has not been mentioned enough by fans and pundits alike. Perhaps it doesn't matter as Chelsea won the game with room to spare. grin

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 23, 2017
ebig21:

Why do people hate Madrid like this, Bayern Munich was awarded two penalties over the two matches, they failed to convert one

Tell me which of the penalties was blatant?

1 Like

Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by dilini(m): 8:35am On Apr 23, 2017
yale001:
hi
Space booker spotted!!
How is u?
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by efemena24(m): 8:38am On Apr 23, 2017
alexistaiwo:
ON behalf of all Chelsea fans worldwide.
I say we don't care.
Barcelona denied us more than three penalties in 2009.
Herrera handball led to a goal last week at Old Trafford.
Manchester United once gave us two red cards (Torres and ivanovic) to draw from 3-0 down
Luis Garcia ghost goal UEFA champions League semi-final 2005.
Even our Oga Real Madrid needed two offside goals and fake red card to eliminate Bayern Munich.
And more that lack of time wont permit me to write.
So once again we don't care.
Goal na Goal
I am in my house comman beat me grin
record keeper... I greet you
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by goodnews777: 8:41am On Apr 23, 2017
Diving KE . That one no be dive at all.
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by iluvpomo(m): 8:43am On Apr 23, 2017
Moses use sense .... he did not dive.
I find it very funny that many Gunners/Man U fans are here complaining .... wetin concern them angry grin
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Kaimallamm: 8:49am On Apr 23, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]

Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by omolola15(m): 8:52am On Apr 23, 2017
veekid:
Ojoro; Omolola15 wont allow person rest again
This OP sef is confused; 2-1 or 4-2

Something is wrong with you and the op... Tottenham players and coach didn't contest the situation. All the pundits said it was a sloppy challenge from son... It was an outright penalty. One olodo for NL will now be saying otherwise. Son is no defender and there was clear contact. Please always watch analysis after the match or at least try to read match reports from skysports.com it'll help you a lot.
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Ikpewe: 8:53am On Apr 23, 2017
alexistaiwo:
I say we don't care.
Manchester United once gave us two red cards (Torres and ivanovic) to draw from 3-0 down
Even our Oga Real Madrid needed two offside goals and fake red card to eliminate Bayern Munich.
Goal na Goal
5 bottles of beer 4 ya
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Wusu50: 8:53am On Apr 23, 2017
Nigerians receive sense,
Ao many Americans av u guys c criticized dere players over dive or swarm. Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by cytell56: 8:53am On Apr 23, 2017
MiracleGoogle:
Victor Moses has receive serious backlash from fans on Twitter, who feel he dived to win Chelsea the penalty that gave them a 2-1 lead against
Tottenham, in their FA Cup semi-final clash on Saturday.
The Blues took the lead in the 4th minute through Willian’s free-kick, before Harry Kane equalized with a header.
Moses then raced into the penalty box and Heung-min Son slid in. The Nigerian tumbled onto the pitch and referee Martin Atkinson awarded the spot-kick.
Atkinson’s decision did not go down well with some observers.
’em @_ace_xi: victor moses is a criminal, but son is the guy who left his mercedes unlocked in the hood.
David Bradshaw @DavidBradshaw23: Victor Moses should be banned for that dive
Goosey @joshsimmons90: Victor Moses, that’s a disgusting dive! #FACup
Elliot @Elliot2110: HEADLINE: Victor Moses wins Olympic Diving Gold Medal! The nations first ever medal #CHETOT
Zeme United @sleekygurl: That victor moses’ ojoro move was a clever one

Source: http://scoregist.com/2017/04/22/fa-cup-fans-blast-victor-moses-for-diving-to-win-penalty-against-spurs/
They should attack the referee who awarded the penalty and not the young man.
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by veekid(m): 8:53am On Apr 23, 2017
omolola15:

Something is wrong with you and the op... Tottenham players and coach didn't contest the situation. All the pundits said it was a sloppy challenge from son... It was an outright penalty. One olodo for NL will now be saying otherwise. Son is no defender and there was clear contact. Please always watch analysis after the match or at least try to read match reports from skysports.com it'll help you a lot.
I talk am
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by omolola15(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2017
veekid:

I talk am

Sebi na church you suppose dey
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by veekid(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2017
omolola15:

Sebi na church you suppose dey
today na palm Sunday now
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by emu22(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2017
when he dive so'he put gun for the ref head say dem must award penalty?haterz and bad belle.
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Drabrah(m): 8:56am On Apr 23, 2017
ednut1:
Earns weekly what most of dem cant earn in 5 years. Its part of d game. Na son wey slide in mumu na

5yrs or lifetime!
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Jaiyeola24(m): 8:58am On Apr 23, 2017
The Wailers should continue wailing, Man u, Assner, Mancilly all crying, come and beat me am in my sitting room.
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by andyanders: 8:58am On Apr 23, 2017
alexistaiwo:
I say we don't care.
Goal na Goal

Well said. They should hang themselves for this. Moses played his game and won the well deserved penalty.

Let them go and arrest Delgo Maradona for his hand ball goal in a world cup and not Moses.Nonsense.
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Lexusgs430: 9:01am On Apr 23, 2017
Why did SON HEUNG - MIN encourage him to jump over?
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by cashreport: 9:03am On Apr 23, 2017
crackerspub:
Haters Gonna Hate

Chelsea for life

[img]http://1.bp..com/-A8hEDBupTQI/UdqrLwlsWOI/AAAAAAAARVw/SxKE3KAEzhQ/s1600/hgh2.gif[/img]

What sort of disgusting image is this na
Most people on Nairaland are just going nuts
Receive wisdom in the Bible
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by GeniusDavid(m): 9:07am On Apr 23, 2017
Few spurs fans say trash on his timeline and it becomes news? Bloggers! God!!
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Dottore: 9:20am On Apr 23, 2017
ipodstinks:
And must you always think poorly?
Taaar! Where did they release this one from?
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Saintsquare(m): 9:22am On Apr 23, 2017
so Assnal fans has forgotten Carzolas dive abi against west brom hahaha
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by clems88(m): 9:26am On Apr 23, 2017
tolexy007:
Lolz...ManUnited, Arsenal and Liverpool fans in disguise. they are just terribly pained that Chelsea Won, grin grin
if I slap you eeh

Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Biospnx(m): 9:31am On Apr 23, 2017
tahoe:
So this people are still in shock.

Up blues
the goal was mogbe, oh my God

Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Biospnx(m): 9:34am On Apr 23, 2017
Son ⛐, slid, moses dived.
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Olivertambo7(m): 9:38am On Apr 23, 2017
Up Chelsea
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by hakimi1974(m): 9:38am On Apr 23, 2017
xynerise:
Chelsea players are great divers grin
and great divers dey win medals.
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Baba4dgals: 9:42am On Apr 23, 2017
alexistaiwo:
I say we don't care.
Goal na Goal
This is the one I can't eva forget embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by Baba4dgals: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2017
xynerise:
Chelsea players are great divers grin
and barca players are what
Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by mikkypel(m): 9:57am On Apr 23, 2017
Clear the goal na

Re: Fans Blast Victor Moses For “diving” To Win Penalty Against Spurs by keneharry: 10:02am On Apr 23, 2017
Who talk say na dive..He knew the guy will foul him, he jxt made himself vulnerable for Son to foul..dats experience and maturity..nonetheless, Atkinson didn't made that decision alone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu At 70: Ex-Super Eagles Players To Honour Him With A Novelty Match / Lionel Messi Wins His 6th European Golden Boot / Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.