Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee (63127 Views)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Mandzukic Shocked Over Penalty Decision Against Super Eagles / Algeria Vs Nigeria: FIFA 2018 World Cup Qualifiers 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by robosky02(m): 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
Algeria vs Nigeria: Why I awarded penalty against Super Eagles – Referee, Eric Otogo-Castane

Referee Eric Otogo-Castane of Gabon has provided explanation to the controversial penalty he awarded Algeria against Nigeria during last game of the group B World Cup qualifier in Constantine.

Algeria forced Nigeria to a 1-1 draw, thanks to a late penalty awarded to the Fennecs when Shehu Abdullahi was adjudged to have fouled Algerian winger Yacine Brahaimi in the box, a decision that shocked most football fans.

Replays showed the defender didn’t do much to warrant a penalty to be awarded against him, but referee Otogo-Castane explained to some Nigerian officials that his decision was right.

“Expectedly we asked questions after the game and the referee explained to us that the decision was taken based on a newly introduced law into the game, which allows for intention to be punished”, the NFF board member told Owngoalnigeria.com.

“He interpreted Shehu’s intention to impede the man, who stayed on his feet instead of going down from the tackle. The fact that the Algerian attacker Brahaimi didn’t go down is what made the decision to look like the wrong call according to him.

“Let’s be frank, he did his best considering the atmosphere he was under and especially after turning down numerous attempt by the Algerians to con him into giving them a penalty.

“Maybe Brahaimi should have been sent off before the incident which led to the goal, but I guess he didn’t want to lose grip of the match, which a red card to the Algerian captain would have triggered. It’s called game management and we understand his explanation.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/11/13/algeria-vs-nigeria-awarded-penalty-super-eagles-referee-eric-otogo-castane/

4 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by robosky02(m): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2017
the moment the referee awarded the penalty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx7w-_Q_mvQ

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by rayblast(m): 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ref Eric-otogo should be banished from Africa!!!! or should be dropped in bamuda triangle

237 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by enemmo(f): 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2017
Ref you're lucky the match was not a do - or - die affair...

142 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by NigerDeltan(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
grin

This is why we bomb pipeline down south

47 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by robosky02(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
ok

he was lucky shaa

but check what happen to this referee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvNq50jxh2c

40 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by mazimee(m): 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2017
This your explaination wouldn't have Held any water if the match was a decisive one. You are just Lucky , go and sin no more

51 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by biggerboyc(m): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
African will always be African. how can you say this a a PK, even in hell fire it's not like this. Jesus Christ, even a blind man knows this is a foolish ref. if this man officiate another match, football in Africa is doomed.

Please check my signature for cheap Jumia black Friday deal

6 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by eazyjakes(m): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
Story....mediocres always have excuses!

5 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by jazinogold(m): 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
and you think you will make it to officiating in the world cup next year

22 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 13, 2017
K, its an award
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by femi4: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Olodo
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Runaway: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
That guy now comedian...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by dolphinife: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
I want this match to be replayed and the referee banned for life

13 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by johnwizey: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Dat ref shld be stoned to death.

6 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Referee stake or over 1.5

70 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by bunmioguns(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Doesn't even understand his stupid explanation

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Chrisbeks: 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
Yeye referee

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by adeblow(m): 6:10pm On Nov 13, 2017
In the history of our world cup qualifiers and world cup its always been one conspiracy or the other. I can never forget the one Onazi was stretched off the pitch from broken leg. That should have been a red card but the guy was given yellow.
Racism is still alive in football

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by EngrMcDon(m): 6:11pm On Nov 13, 2017
I see

2 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
Foolish man
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by NigerDeltan(m): 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
yeyerolling:
Referee stake and over 1.5

There is nothing like and over 1.5 bro!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by oloriLFC(f): 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2017
Weh done sah! Clap for yourself. Thank your stars the game was not played in Nigeria. U for hear am! New rules indeed!

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by epospiky(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
It's obvious that the referee didn't want Nigeria to win Back to back but alas for him, he can't "unqualify " us.

3 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by xreal: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
It happens.

When u have this love for a team, and u find yourself on the same pitch with them officiating their match. You will find yourself favouring such team uncontrollably.

This referee was favouring the super eagles. When he realized that the Algerian fans and players were getting violent and he could be hurt...he had to find a means.
The penalty was the easiest means.

6 Likes

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by Uyi168: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
yeyerolling:
Referee stake and over 1.5
Is there anything and ov1.5?

1 Like

Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by karzyharsky(m): 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2017
bombing
Re: Algeria Vs Nigeria: Why I Awarded Penalty Against Super Eagles – Referee by SmellingAnus(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2017
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jeremiah Johnson: '12-Year-Old' Football Player's Look Shocks Social Media Users / Wilson Oruma All Smiles In New Pictures Shared By His Brother / Anthony Joshua Loses To Oleksandr Usyk By Unanimous Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.