Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? (43360 Views)

Live Service From Winners Chapel In Gotv And Dstv. Check This / Alleged Tax Default: FIRS’ Action Embarrassing – Assemblies Of God Church / Why Is Immorality Common Among Some Men Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Lloydfather(m): 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2017
Because they are anti christ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by divineappo(m): 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
OP, Its Allah not 'allah'
BTW: How many times do we have to explain that Allah means God. Its just a language thing.
it is allah, u use small letter to begin the name of a demon or the devil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by kemade14: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
Jeposky:

Be sincere with yourself, does any of this you posted answer any of the questions I asked?
Yes, it does.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by vertueptime: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
Capital M squared.
Btruth:
How? . I honestly never observe it. Could be the owner are Muslims. But there are Christian channels on the cable though.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by alBHAGDADI: 3:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
mofeoluwadassah:
In my opinion i tink they dont want 2 cal d name of God in vain
God is not a name but a title. The Bible verse that says we shouldn't call God's name in vain is actually talking about His name Yahweh, not the title God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Bollinger(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
D1official:

Excess of Richard Dawkins nd Christopher hitchins jokes with oda selfish atheist has actually turned ur mind nd hearth against God.
All I can say is dat non of ur mentors deep down them actually believe what they preach including urself, if u can tell ur self D truth.Because deir is a part of us that no matter what science does d vacuum must remain empty nd datz d (soul) bt simply because 95% of atheist re selfish,proud,men who think that being an adult has actually given then enough knowledge to understand what transpired in d world dey claim to hv existed for billions of years.
I would rather live in d world with Muslim's, Dan with atheist who hv no moral values whatsoever bt live based on personal perspective.

Guy, you've just said it. Just because you cannot explain somethings there must be a God. Ok. I hear you. Do you know how irrational that sounds? God is a receding pocket of scientific ignorance that gets smaller and smaller as time goes on. You know what that means? It means that as time goes by, the excuse that because we can't explain it then God did it, will not be an excuse anymore. Science is making discoveries everyday to explain what would have been inexplicable a thousand years ago. In the stone age, a rainbow was a miracle, morning dew was God's doing, the stars shinning in the sky at night was God's work. Bro's, start educating yourself or you will be no better than a caveman.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
Jeposky:

like I said, please provide your proof that Jehovah is your GOD or the name of your GOD.

There is so much ignorance on your minds as religious people, so much refusal to read and study about what God means to the point that you all worship The Jehovahs, The Allahs, The Elohim (Plural). A little research on materials all over the world who have informed you guys that the Gods you all worship are actually Advanced Civilizations of Entities, some Humanoids, others reptoids and etc. These Entities or Gods you all worship are a greater version of yourselves. These Entities never asked you to worship them. You worship them because it was written in the Holy books and because your parents said you must worship them.

Countries whose leadership have discovered the nature of these Gods do not take religion seriously, they devote their time to sharing intelligence with these entities and power their industries with the knowledge, while the rest of you sing and dance every Friday and Sundays and cry for daily bread.

Very pathetic. Oh, you ask about my God ? My God is the God that created Jehovah and Allah. It is in me. It is my core. It is the core of all the Gods you all worship. Man has now reached the point of creating planets and cloning other life-forms including our very own Humanoid clones.

You guys can keep fooling yourselves around.

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Jeposky(m): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
If anything is bothering you or confused about somethings in the issue of Islam (most of you are confused or lack understand of the religion) or you think you can PROOF your religion Christianity superiority or the only religion of God, please add me on your WHATSAPP for a little debate on 08161612915. I'll be expecting your message.

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nnamekus1(m): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
It's not only God and Jesus dat they censor. They also cenaor Allah. I was watching a movie on AM EPIC where Charles Awurum shouted Allah and it was censored. I'm a Christian n wot i can say abt it is dat they r trying to carry everybody along evn the atheists. They av dedicated channels for Christians such as Emmanuel tv and dove tv. If you want to hear d name God you can go there.

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by mofeoluwadassah: 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
God is not a name but a title. The Bible verse that says we shouldn't call God's name in vain is actually talking about His name Yahweh, not the title God.
i dont really take dat,u re nt 2 call any of his names in vain.nd ao is God even a title,hu gave him d title
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Jeposky(m): 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
5DMindset:

There is so much ignorance on your minds as religious people, so much refusal to read and study about what God means to the point that you all worship The Jehovahs, The Allahs, The Elohim (Plural). A little research on materials all over the world who have informed you guys that the Gods you all worship are actually Advanced Civilizations of Entities, some Humanoids, others reptoids and etc. These Entities or Gods you all worship are a greater version of yourselves. These Entities never asked you to worship them. You worship them because it was written in the Holy books and because your parents said you must worship them.

Countries whose leadership have discovered the nature of these Gods do not take religion seriously, they devote their time to sharing intelligence with these entities and power their industries with the knowledge, while the rest of you sing and dance every Friday and Sundays and cry for daily bread.

Very pathetic. Oh, you ask about my God ? My God is the God that created Jehovah and Allah. It is in me. It is my core. It is the core of all the Gods you all worship. Man has now reached the point of creating planets and cloning other life-forms including our very own Humanoid clones.

You guys can keep fooling yourselves around.
Enough talk my oga. just provide your proof from the bible if what you're saying in truth.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by iamdotune(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Jesus was God in human flesh. Thesame way God entered a burning bush and spoke through it to Moses.

Muslims can never understand that.
God in human flesh calling on another God to forgive them, he should have just said I forgive you all.. confused ppl
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by alBHAGDADI: 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
Jeposky:
If anything is bothering you or confused about somethings in the issue of Islam (most of you are confused or lack understand of the religion) or you think you can PROOF your religion Christianity superiority or the only religion of God, please add me on your WHATSAPP for a little debate on 08161612915. I'll be expecting your message.
No one has the time to debate with Al taquiya master like you.

It is clear that you are running away from my question. Anyway, I'll ask again.

What is allah's name?
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by alBHAGDADI: 3:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
iamdotune:
God in human flesh calling on another God to forgive them, he should have just said I forgive you all.. confused ppl
He was in flesh and so had to do things like a flesh would, albeit in a holy way.

You can't understand it if you do t understand the Trinity.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by kemade14: 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
Jeposky:

The word 'Halal' means 'permissible'. which implies that no 'Haram' (forbidden or not permissible for a Muslim to consume) ingredients is used in the making or preparation of the product. so muslims must always check for the word 'Halal' on any product for him/her to know if it can be consumed or not. So please do a lot of finds before jumping into conclusion. Believe me ignorance is deadly decease people are exposed to these days.

Hmmm,I know the meaning of 'halal' and 'haram'. Now products that never carried such from 20years back started carrying it a year or two ago. So, you are saying those products were not being consumed by muslims all this while? Milo and bournvita for example. I only stated an observation.Please, make your contribution and leave ignorance out of it.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by mesoprogress(m): 3:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
ovaRAYted:

Its not atheism,they clearly censor "God,Jesus,god" along with Profane words...while references/mentions to the likes of Allah, Krishna, Buhdda,etc are never censored
The name of the Lord is all powerful, it is definitely disturbing them. At HIS name every knee bows and every tongue confesses to HIS Lordship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by iamdotune(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
He was in flesh and so had to do things like a flesh would, albeit in a holy way.

You can't understand it if you do t understand the Trinity.
indeed.. please just stop spitting trash all in the name of covering your confusion
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by iamdotune(m): 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
There's only one God but he's three.. nice punchline
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by alBHAGDADI: 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
iamdotune:
What is Allah's name?
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Oworock(m): 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
divineappo:

Not about the issue but English, you use capital letters for Satan because it's a name
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by lettruthprevail: 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2017
Akosxxx:
OP, Its Allah not 'allah'
BTW: How many times do we have to explain that Allah means God. Its just a language thing.

your 'Allah' is not the Almighty God but a Moon god. Hence you wait for full moon to celebrate your festivals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by maasoap(m): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
TheLordIsGr8:
They are doing the will of their master the devil...

Believe me, they have no regard for Christians because, well Christians don't riot and burn things and kill people.

They advocate non-violence, yet they respect violence, thus declaring by their actions that violence actually commands respect.

But God has said through the Psalmist,

Then, in further along the Psalmist say,
Tell me that you didn't mean it. Links to the news about of Christians killing Muslims abound on the internet both within the Nigeria territory and beyond. Hypocrite.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by oladoja1(m): 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
sonsomegrigbo:

Shut up in jesus name!! you devil
how is Jesus name related to shut up now, which Jesus is Jesus navas
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by iamdotune(m): 3:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
What is Allah's name?
he's got more names than I can start mentioning here the way y'all mention the omnipotent the most merciful etc.
What you are not understanding is Allah means God in Arabic the same way he's Oluwa Olorun or Chineke the term "there's no other God but Allah" I know you will still get back at is only trying to illustrate there's no other God but the God the Arabians know which they know as Allah.. like wtf bruh you need to be schooled

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by iamdotune(m): 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
Oworock:

Not about the issue but English, you use capital letters for Satan because it's a name
lol this killed me
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by absool(m): 3:37pm On Apr 23, 2017
Lovine:
But Emmanuel TV preaches there.
the op is talking about in films african magic universal etc
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by mu2sa2: 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
divineappo:
What epic ignorance! There is only one Almighty, the creator of heavens and earth and everything in them. The English call the Almighty creator God and many other peoples have different names for the Almighty e.g Christian Arabs call the Almighty, Allah.

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Jeposky(m): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
kemade14:

Hmmm,I know the meaning of 'halal' and 'haram'. Now products that never carried such from 20yeas back started carrying it a year or two ago. So, you are saying those products were not being consumed by muslims all this while? . Milo and bournvita for example. I only stated an observation.Please, make your contribution and leave ignorance out of it.

first, if you really did know the meaning of Halal and Haram and their importance in Islam, you wouldn't have post that your previous comment.
secondly, in your statement ' Now products that never carried such from 20yeas back started carrying it a year or two ago' (mind you it's far more than 2 years ago) it's simply because we can't keep on eating all this product made of what are haram in in Islam like pork meat. which the Muslim leaders and Muslim communities as stood up against all those thing we had no choice of consuming. So now we have choice, which why we check for 'Halal' on the product to know if such products is allowed. thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by zinnywonders(f): 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2017
My elder Sister was the first to complain about this before I noticed it.... There's more to this than we thought.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Jeposky(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
And to those Muslim saying 'ALLAH means God', walai it's a big shame for you not to know about your Lord and your religion. Allah is his name but Allah does not mean God, so it's highly advisable and recommendable for you to enroll into madrasa (ile kewu) or Islamic school. know about your religion with proofs or evidences and stop using your ideal when it's comes to religion matter please. thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2017
okay! so whats your point? pork is haram... because i don't get the reason why u quote me here!!! mr Jeposky.
Jeposky:

The word 'Halal' means 'permissible'. which implies that no 'Haram' (forbidden or not permissible for a Muslim to consume) ingredients is used in the making or preparation of the product. so muslims must always check for the word 'Halal' on any product for him/her to know if it can be consumed or not. So please do a lot of finds before jumping into conclusion. Believe me ignorance is deadly decease people are exposed to these days.
Re: Why Do GOtv And DStv Censor The Name Of God? by placeofallure(f): 4:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
Don't know what is wrong with them o, I've noticed they blur the visuals and mute the voice for some time now. Many things christianly keeps disappearing on DSTV. First it was One Gospel channel 331, then Kingdom Africa channel 345. This policy behoves on our right of association. The NCC to the rescue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jigawa Government Demolishes RCCG And Lords Chosen Church / Moment A Pastor Revealed To A Lady That Her Husband Is Her Dead Brother / Prophet Kofi Oduro To Ladies: You & Your Private Part Shall Perish In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.