Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma (1228 Views)

*Objects Of Fiction, Imaginary Things Atheists Believe In* Since They Reject God / Do Atheists Believe In The Existence Of The Spiritual Realm? / Do Atheists Believe In Hallucinations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
if they do then they should believe that the universe is governed by some metaphysical and unnatural forces, which commemorates the fact that there is a supreme being.

Pls I need answers...

Cc.lalasticlala
Hopefullandlord
Seun
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by Edenoscar(m): 2:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
Japhet04:
if they do then they should believe that the universe is governed by some metaphysical and unnatural forces, which commemorates the fact that there is a supreme being.

Pls I need answers...

Cc.lalasticlala
Hopefullandlord
Seun
what is karma?

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by plaetton: 2:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
Edenoscar:

what is karma?
Good question.
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by plaetton: 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
Of course, as an atheist I believe in the law of karma.
I see manifest every single minute of my life.

The law of karma does not necessarily have to have spiritual or religious connotations.

We all know that you can only reap what you sow, and that as you make your bed, do you must lie on it.

In physics, the law is expressed as : Action and reaction are equal and opposite.

In life every step or action that we take becomes a stepping stone or building block to future events.

That's why I believe that Man( humankind) is the master of his destiny, for good or for bad.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
Edenoscar:

what is karma?
Karma is the Sanskrit word for action. One can think of karma as the spiritual equivalent of Newton’s Law of Motion. “For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.” Basically, when we exhibit a negative force in thought, word, or action, that negative energy will come back to us.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 2:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
plaetton:

The law of karma does not necessarily have to have spiritual or religious connotations.

We all know that you can only reap what you sow, and that as you make your bed, do you must lie on it.

In physics, the law is expressed as : Action and reaction are equal and opposite.

In life every step or action that we take becomes a stepping stone or building block to future events.

That's why I believe that Man( humankind) is the master of his destiny, for good or for bad.

hmm
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by plaetton: 2:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
Japhet04:

Pls I need answers...

Cc.lalasticlala
Hopefullandlord
Seun
What are metaphysical and unnatural forces?
Kindly mention one or two that you know.
Thank you.

Of course the universe is governed by natural forces, dome which we now understand, some of which we are still trying to understand.
There is nothing in the universe that suggests that it is under the control or influence of a supreme being.
The supreme being is a contradiction in terms, and only connotes the tiny limits of human imagination.
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
plaetton:

If u agree that karma exists then u should also know that the world is governed by a supreme force..

Or don't u think so
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 23, 2017
plaetton:

Thank you.

Of course the universe is governed by natural forces, dome which we now understand, some of which we are still trying to understand.
There is nothing in the universe that suggests that it is under the control or influence of a supreme being.
The supreme being is a contradiction in terms, and only connotes the tiny limits of human imagination.
@bolded, that I cannot explicitly say because I am a deist but I believe there has to be someone or something..
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by plaetton: 2:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
Japhet04:
If u agree that karma exists then u should also know that the world is governed by a supreme force..

Or don't u think so
I don't see any kind of remote correlation between reaping what you sow, that is, seeing the negative consequences of negative actions, and the idea of supreme being or supreme force .
No correlation whatsoever.

What exactly is supreme force , and how exactly is it different from say, gravitational force or the Sun's solar, thermal and electromagnetic forces ?
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by plaetton: 2:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
Japhet04:
@bolded, that I cannot explicitly say because I am a deist but I believe there has to be someone or something..
I too once believed that there had to be something. In fact, I once believed that a monster lived in our backyard. grin
That only makes us human. It doesn't make it true.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
Japhet04:

Pls I need answers...

Cc.lalasticlala
Hopefullandlord
Seun

Atheism is simply the belief there is no god . Atheists can believe in whatever they wish to believe outside god . There are atheist witches , religious atheists , atheists who are superstitious , atheists who believe in reincarnation , spirits , voodoo , juju . Atheists in Confucianism worship ancestral spirits .

Don't let the ignorant ones who dont understand what atheism means deceive you .

You can google all these especially atheism and witchcraft if you don't agree .

You can read more here :

https://www.nairaland.com/3320685/atheists-believe-reincarnation-spirits-voodoo

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion#51614171

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by hahn(m): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is simply the belief there is no god . Atheists can believe in whatever they wish to believe outside god . There are atheist witches , religious atheists , atheists who are superstitious , atheists who believe in reincarnation , spirits , voodoo , juju . Atheists in Confucianism worship ancestral spirits .

Don't let the ignorant ones who dont understand what atheism means deceive you .

You can google all these especially atheism and witchcraft if you don't agree .

You can read more here :

https://www.nairaland.com/3320685/atheists-believe-reincarnation-spirits-voodoo

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion#51614171

I'm impressed

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by Edenoscar(m): 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2017
Japhet04:
Karma is the Sanskrit word for action. One can think of karma as the spiritual equivalent of Newton’s Law of Motion. “For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction.” Basically, when we exhibit a negative force in thought, word, or action, that negative energy will come back to us.
Honestly i dont,
You know people are usually fond of saying "what goes around comes around" maybe its true but you cant deny the fact that good things happen to good people,good things happen to bad people,bad things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people.

If you think that there's some supernatural force that fight for justice and restore balance in the world then you'll have to explain why an armed who has killed so taken so many lives,raped,robbed,molested would one day run to a far away place probably get married have kids and die a peaceful death at a ripe old age of 90 or was the karma asleep ar decide to suspend it own laws

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by Edenoscar(m): 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2017
hahn:

I'm impressed
hmm the guy is still on nairaland i thought he's on the run with that felon who calls himself 4evergod
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by adoyi8: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2017
Edenoscar:

Honestly i dont,
You know people are usually fond of saying "what goes around comes around" maybe its true but you cant deny the fact that good things happen to good people,good things happen to bad people,bad things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people.

If you think that there's some supernatural force that fight for justice and restore balance in the world then you'll have to explain why an armed who has killed so taken so many lives,raped,robbed,molested would one day run to a far away place probably get married have kids and die a peaceful death at a ripe old age of 90 or was the karma asleep ar decide to suspend it own laws
I agree with you cause as long as IBB is still alive and one of the richest men in Africa while Dele Giwa is long dead, I wont believe in Karma.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by CoolUsername: 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
Atheists have only one thing in common: Lack of belief in the existence of God.

Personally though, I don't believe in karma. We live in a world where the likes of Martin Luther King Jr., Ken Saro-Wiwa, etc. get killed while Stalin and Mao die of natural causes and Hitler only dies when he chooses to.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by obinna58(m): 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
Their is nothing like karma
What we experience is coincidence, it does not happen everytime
Just like an armed robber or cultist who kills with gun, their is high tendency that they may be more likely to be killed by gun depending on their level of operation, sometimes most of their deadly killers goes free while newly ones may die at there first attempt.

1 Like

Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by Horus(m): 6:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
Even if you dont believe in the law of karma you will still reap what you sow

“As you sow, so shall you reap”. This is also known as the “Law of Cause and Effect”.
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by GoodMuyis(m): 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
plaetton:

Thank you.

There is.

The volume of Yearly precipitation is not always equal to the volume of Evaporated water.
#CommonSense
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by plaetton: 6:53pm On Apr 23, 2017
GoodMuyis:

There is.

The volume of Yearly precipitation is not always equal to the volume of Evaporated water.
#CommonSense
Simply because much water seeps in the earth, some absorbed by plants, some by terrestrial animals.
Re: Do Atheists Believe In The Law Of Karma by GoodMuyis(m): 9:32pm On Apr 23, 2017
plaetton:

Simply because much water seeps in the earth, some absorbed by plants, some by terrestrial animals.

With this response you are trying to tell me you dont want to think. Before any precipitation water or fluid existed in any of the above listed elements and each has maximum it can take, and excesses leads to excretion for optimum balance

(1) (Reply)

Gov Ganduje's Great Unbiased Speech That Can Save Nigerian's Future / African Religion Is The Worship Of Legendary Kings And Queens Not Pagan Beliefs / Have You Truly Been Born Again Of Water And The Spirit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.