Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,222 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. (1005 Views)

Generalisation Of The Name God And The Blame Game / Prophet Bernard Siam: Stop Calling Me Spiritual Father If You Don’t Pay Me Tithe / These 2 Books Of The Bible Didn't Mention The Name God Throughout (SEE WHY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by vaxx: 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
i am a yoruba by tribe. ifa adherent by faith and a strong supporter of traditional religion.

my approach in this topic may center around yoruba understanding but other tribe of nigeria or africa can benefit if they read with open mind.

the yoruba call the Supreme Creator, oludumare instead of the English word ‘God’. The yoruba word, ‘olodumare’, is pure and unique, unlike the English word ‘God’, which can be played around with.If you add ‘s’ to the word God, it becomes ‘Gods’, that is the plural of God. olodumare is one and singular, there is no plural of olodumare. If you add ‘dess’ to the word God, it becomes ‘Goddess’ that is a female God. There is nothing like male oludumare or female oludumare. oludumare has no gender. If you add the word ‘father’ to ‘God’ it becomes ‘God-father’. God-father means someone who is a guardian. There is no word like ‘baba oludumare or ‘oludumare baba’. If you add the word ‘mother’ to ‘God’, it becomes‘God-mother’. There is nothing like olodumare mamai’, or ‘mama olodumare in yoruba dialect. olodumare is a unique word. If you prefix tin before the word God, it becomes tin-God i.e., fake God. olodumare is a unique word, which does not conjure up any mental picture nor can it be played around with. Therefore the yoruba and other local tribes should prefer using their native language for the most supreme. the yoruba should use the word ‘olodumare for the Almighty. however, while speaking to the non-native speaker like the white , we may have to use the inappropriate word God, for olodumare but not with our fellow native..

it will also eliminate/reduce colonial influence. it is better will call the most supreme by our traditional name so we can better understand/appreciate of what is all about .there is existence/awareness of the most supreme before the white brought in their idealogy to africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by kufre2010: 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
The word God is not a name of a god or gods it is just an english word used to descriped a spiritual position just like, the president, father, principal etc.
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by vaxx: 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
kufre2010:
The word God is not a name of a god or gods it is just an english word used to descriped a spiritual position just like, the president, father, principal etc.
by english standard it is the only word in grammer you can use for the Almighty. no any other word
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 29, 2017
Threebees
now we're on a holy ground cheesy
seems you got trust issue....no lie oh? cheesy
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
RB007:
Threebees

now we're on a holy ground cheesy

seems you got trust issue....no lie oh? cheesy

Lol u one hell of a guy so funny yeah I gat trust issues big one
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
Threebees:

Lol u one hell of a guy so funny yeah I gat trust issues big one
chåi!
no wonder you're tormenting this innocent sad boi hiå
God is Looking you with Telescope
#Kontunu
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
RB007:

chåi!

no wonder you're tormenting this innocent sad boi hiå

God is Looking you with Telescope

#Kontunu
Lol it's not like that na
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
Threebees:
Lol it's not like that na
Aunty is like how? sad
That ain't nice
me being punished for some Nigga's sin...
Ain't fair cheesy
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
RB007:

Aunty is like how? sad

That ain't nice

me being punished for some Nigga's sin...

Ain't fair cheesy
cheesy I was punished for some lady sin too na just doing wat I was taught
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
Threebees:
cheesy I was punished for some lady sin too na just doing wat I was taught
Revenge is a sin
remember...we on a holy thread/ground

besides you weren't punished
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
angry angry sad
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 29, 2017
RB007:

Revenge is a sin

remember...we on a holy thread/ground

besides
you weren't punished

I'm not doing revenge na
How do u know I wasn't punished wat makes u think so
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
Threebees:

I'm not doing revenge na How do u know I wasn't punished wat makes u think so
i just felt so "you weren't punished"
you only saw it as a PUNISHMENT
Besides, ama child of God wink
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
RB007:

i just felt so "you weren't punished"

you only saw it as a PUNISHMENT

Besides, ama child of God wink
Lol I saw it as punishment o
Ama child of God too
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by vaxx: 8:42pm On Mar 06, 2018
Derailer at it again......
Re: STOP CALLING THE NAME GOD IT IS WRONG. by vaxx: 8:46pm On Mar 06, 2018
Bumb

(1) (Reply)

Why Threatening Children With Hell Fire Is Wrong / Church To Organise Free Eye Test In FESTAC, Lagos / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Singers And Their Sexy Spouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.