Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,309 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing (1303 Views)

40 Security Men Keep Sanusi Under Watch In Nasarawa / Lawan, Gbajabiamila, CJN Tanko Muhammad, Others Under Probe / 18 Senators Under Probe For N367.5b Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by Principe67(m): 8:38am On Apr 24, 2017
Emerging reports say that Emir of Kano Muhammad Sanusi II and his Kano Emirate Council are under probe by the state government over alleged corruption. A national newspaper reports that the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission have opened an investigation into the Emirate’s accounts over allegations of ‘questionable expenditures’.

According to the report, the amount of money in question runs into billions of naira which were spent over a very short period of time. Yours sincerely gathered that the Emirate Council’s secretary and treasurer have been summoned to explain how more than N4billion was spent. A source at the anti-corruption agency disclosed that the duo have been told to provide the necessary official documents to justify the expenditure.

The staff of the Emirate Council have been directed to be at the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission’s office on May 2, 2017. Recall that Emir Sanusi recently came under fire from Governor Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara state for criticising his response to the outbreak of meningitis. Yari, the chairman of the powerful Nigeria Governors Forum, accused him of hypocrisy after Sanusi lashed Governor Yari for attributing the recent outbreak of Meningitis in the northern part of country to the wrath of God over adultery and fornication. Yari, in a statement signed on Saturday, April 15 by his Special Adviser on Communication, Ibrahim Dosara, slammed the Emir Sanusi for riding on Rolls Royce while his subjects are in face of palpable poverty.

Sanusi’s daughter Shaheeda in support of her father has said that her father is afraid of nobody and neither is he afraid of losing the Emirate. She said even though her father has always wanted to be the Emir, he has gone beyond the level of being afraid.

culled from Palm News on www.palmchatnow.com

cc: lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by egorov(m): 8:41am On Apr 24, 2017
Ok.
Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 24, 2017
Investigation should take it course and some youth that haven't eaten should not come here and be trading words upandan!!
Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by Bondesniger(m): 8:42am On Apr 24, 2017
Source pls
Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by saydfact(m): 8:44am On Apr 24, 2017
What do u expect when corruption has been around for this long >>> https://www.nairaland.com/3740491/pics-shows-how-long-corruption

Na wa ooh, so who we go trust?
Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by zionmade(m): 8:45am On Apr 24, 2017
Hahaha its so clear. D man has spoken against d poverty in d north and therefore stepped on d toes of alfas, imams, alhajis, and d cabals. Now they are fighting him. They prefer the almajiris and illiterate northerners to keep wallowing in poverty and bondage. I thank God i didn't vote for buhari even though he was my preferred candidate i couldn't have ever forgiven myself. Bigot

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by RealDealz: 8:46am On Apr 24, 2017
I knew they will come for you

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by Principe67(m): 8:56am On Apr 24, 2017
zionmade:
Hahaha its so clear. D man has spoken against d poverty in d north and therefore stepped on d toes of alfas, imams, alhajis, and d cabals. Now they are fighting him. They prefer the almajiris and illiterate northerners to keep wallowing in poverty and bondage. I thank God i didn't vote for buhari even though he was my preferred candidate i couldn't have ever forgiven myself. Bigot

i agree

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by Sunnynwa: 9:01am On Apr 24, 2017
This man and thief thief. Any time he steals and is queried, he blows one whistle to make it seem as if he is being victimised.

Same way he blew $20bn whistle when he was queried by FRCN under Jonathan.

Why did he not start speaking against the Northern establishment from the inception of his reign until he was accused of looting the emirate treasury?

Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by tuniski: 9:07am On Apr 24, 2017
Sunnynwa:
This man and thief thief. Any time he steals and is queried, he blows one whistle to make it seem as if he is being victimised.

Why did he not start speaking against the Northern establishment from the inception of his reign until he was accused of looting the emirate treasury?

Yeye dey smell.
Carry go Emir Sanusi. Let them dethrone you. God will elevate u. The downtrodden need many voices like yours up here in the north and nigeria at large.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by Principe67(m): 10:39am On Apr 24, 2017
RealDealz:
I knew they will come for you

it was just a matter of time
Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by kingsman66(m): 10:47am On Apr 24, 2017
show me that man that is above the LAW and I will tell you when they world will come to an end# Revelation
Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by Principe67(m): 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sunnynwa:

Yeye dey smell.

Why you dey beef am nahh?
Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by Sunnynwa: 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2017
Principe67:

Why you dey beef am nahh?

See me see trouble.

Na me dey probe am?
Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by Principe67(m): 9:37am On Apr 25, 2017
Sunnynwa:

See me see trouble.

Na me dey probe am?

na based on wetin you talk, me mah dey ask you
Re: Emir Of Kano Sanusi Under Probe For Alleged Corruption As N4bn Goes Missing by Kemperor: 10:14am On Apr 25, 2017
Witch-hunt for telling them the truth....

Sanusi please keep on telling them...

(1) (Reply)

Won Ni Emo Je Ka Keru, Taa Ba Keru Inu Eru A Baje... Iran Ibo Ti Kojale Bayi O! / Stop calling me Mathew, I'm not a Tax collector - Obasanjo / Nigerians Ranked 9th Most Generous People In Africa, 56th In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.