Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke (12305 Views)

Ambode Mourns As Pa Fasinro Dies At 99 / Isiaka Adeleke Died Of Drug Overdose – Sahara Reporters / Isiaka Adeleke's Corpse Being Buried In Osun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by aminulive: 1:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Monday expressed shock and sadness over the death of former Governor of Osun State, Senator Isiaka Adeleke.

Adeleke, the first civilian Governor of Osun State and a serving Senator representing Osun West senatorial district passed on in Osun on Sunday morning at the age of 62.

Governor Ambode, in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr. Habib Aruna, said Adeleke’s death was a huge loss to the entire Southwest region and the Yoruba nation across the world.

“I was deeply shocked to learn of his death this morning. Only last month, he was in Lagos to join us celebrate our party leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He made his mark first as the first civilian Governor of Osun State and then as a Senator, he was one of the most prominent lawmakers who did not shy away from issues that affected Nigerians in general.

“He was very passionate about Nigeria’s progress and contributed immensely to the expansion of progressive politics especially in the South West. Senator Adeleke was a loving man, a peacemaker, a grassroots politician and a detribalized Nigerian who was well loved by his people,” Governor Ambode said.

The Governor prayed for the peaceful repose of his soul, urging his family to draw strength from the fact that he made a meaningful impact during his lifetime.

Governor Ambode also commiserated with the people of Osun State, especially the people of Osun West Senatorial Zone and Governor of Osun State, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola over the sad loss.

“On behalf of my family and the good people of Lagos State, I want to express our heartfelt condolence to the family of Senator Isiaka Adeleke, the people of South West Nigeria and Nigerians in general on this great and irreparable loss. He will be sorely missed”, he said.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/04/24/big-loss-south-west-ambode-mourns-late-senator-adeleke/

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by ShobayoEmma(m): 1:42pm On Apr 24, 2017
In one way or the other, this is every man's fate. rip sir.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by XerXers: 1:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
If it was Afenifere chairman that said this it would have been understandable, how can a governor be so ethnocentric?? Is it not supposed to be a loss to the country? Is he not a serving Senator at the National assembly in Abuja?

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by MrMaestro: 1:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
Rip. May God be with his family.
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by MrMaestro: 1:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
XerXers:
If it was Afenifere chairman that said this it would have been understandable, how can a governor be so ethnocentric?? Is it now supposed to be a loss to the country?
he's a governor in the region. They were likely good friends.

4 Likes

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by BarryX(m): 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
This is a pointer and pertinent reminder to all Nigerian politicians from the Presidency to the legislators that nothing reigns forever.

Do your best and set a good name for yourself by impacting lives instead of amassing so much wealth that the six feet ditch will rubbish.
Ironically when the corrupt Osborne stashing thievery spirit comes along, all these write-up of mine is for my pocket .

God Help Us.. RIP Adeleke regardless

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by babyfaceafrica: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
Noted
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by Nobody: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
ok
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by ObikeNkem: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by ObikeNkem: 1:56pm On Apr 24, 2017
XerXers:
If it was Afenifere chairman that said this it would have been understandable, how can a governor be so ethnocentric?? Is it now supposed to be a loss to the country? Is he not a serving Senator at the National assembly in Abuja?
The Late Adeleke was a Yoruba man. Governor Ambode is a Yoruba man. Ambode condoled with the Yoruba nation on the loss of a Yoruba politician.

Nwanne'm, I want you to tell me what is ethnocentric or tribalisatic in the aforestated. I do not know what concerns we Igbos in what Ambode said aboiut Adeleke's death? Or is it Ambode that is stopping we Igbos from going back to biafra? We Igbos should mind our business and stop dragging the name of our tribe in the mud.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by Tazdroid(m): 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
Sad
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by josephine123: 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
watch video: Senator Isiaka Adeleke's Burial In Osun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrRKDL6mIKM
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by Tazdroid(m): 1:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
XerXers:
If it was Afenifere chairman that said this it would have been understandable, how can a governor be so ethnocentric?? Is it now supposed to be a loss to the country? Is he not a serving Senator at the National assembly in Abuja?

Perhaps it didnt come out right
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by greatgod2012(f): 1:59pm On Apr 24, 2017
Make dem dey mourn themselves, e no concern me!
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by Tazdroid(m): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
chijioke16:
the ability for a man to try something and take risk make him wealth and respected in the society
so call or whatsapp the number below
to begin the journey of wealth.

Some people consider betting as a way of living off the misfortune of others.
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by Tazdroid(m): 2:00pm On Apr 24, 2017
greatgod2012:
Make dem dey mourn themselves, e no concern me!

E no consyn u b4 na. Shuuu

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by alozie27(m): 2:01pm On Apr 24, 2017
May His soul rest in peace.
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by celestialAgent(m): 2:02pm On Apr 24, 2017
Big loss?

Like he was Awolowo or Abiola?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by AdisaGaniyu(f): 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
ﻭَﻣَﺎ ﺍﻟْﺤَﻴَﺎﺓُ ﺍﻟﺪُّﻧْﻴَﺎ ﺇِﻟَّﺎ ﻟَﻌِﺐٌ ﻭَﻟَﻬْﻮٌ ۖ ﻭَﻟَﻠﺪَّﺍﺭُ ﺍﻟْﺂﺧِﺮَﺓُ ﺧَﻴْﺮٌ ﻟِﻠَّﺬِﻳﻦَ ﻳَﺘَّﻘُﻮﻥَ ۗ ﺃَﻓَﻠَﺎ ﺗَﻌْﻘِﻠُﻮﻥَ

The life of this world is nothing but play and amusement, but the life of the Hereafter will be better for those who are righteous. Will you not use your common sense?

Surah 6. Al-An'am, Ayah 32

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by biz2get(m): 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
This Is How

NATURE BALANCES OUR ECONOMY.

And

NATURE IS COMING FOR THE REST OF YOU. angry angry
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by XerXers: 2:22pm On Apr 24, 2017
ObikeNkem:
The Late Adeleke was a Yoruba man. Governor Ambode is a Yoruba man. Ambode condoled with the Yoruba nation on the loss of a Yoruba politician.

Nwanne'm, I want you to tell me what is ethnocentric or tribalisatic in the aforestated. I do not know what concerns we Igbos in what Ambode said aboiut Adeleke's death? Or is it Ambode that is stopping we Igbos from going back to biafra? We Igbos should mind our business and stop dragging the name of our tribe in the mud.
In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests........... Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Listen to Peter Obi on the death of Dora Akunyili

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by XerXers: 2:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
MrMaestro:
he's a governor in the region. They were likely good friends.
Is Ambode saying that the death of Adeleke is not a loss to Abuja where he is currently employed?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by Juicypot247(f): 2:25pm On Apr 24, 2017
Loss kwa? Why are people making a big deal of his death? Do you know how many lives have been lost due to underdeveloped infrastructure as a result of politicians' looting?

Nigeria politicians are so useless that nobody outside their lineage miss their absence when they're gone.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by XerXers: 2:27pm On Apr 24, 2017
Tazdroid:

Perhaps it didnt come out right
It definitely did not come out right from a governor.
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by favourmic(m): 2:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
All is vanity the first Gov in Osun state and at the same time the first Gov to die

RIP
Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by icon8: 2:31pm On Apr 24, 2017
XerXers:

It definitely did not come out right from a governor.

Is he your Governor?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by Charly68: 2:35pm On Apr 24, 2017
The Governor should tell us what the man has done that would make the Yoruba nation to see his death as a loss. People just make statement to ascribe importance to less important people . What did he do to the Yoruba race? Fighting for his own political interest till he died & now it is Yoruba that has lost .. No way ! Let us pity those who were receiving crumbs from his table.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Mourns Late Isiaka Adeleke by XerXers: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
yoruba should stop restricting themselves to their tiny brown roof enclave, a whole senator died, yet everything about his tribute is "yorubaland" "South west", and this coming from a governor. what is his contribution to humanity and Nigeria??

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guidelines To Journalists: Saraki Disowns National Assembly Clerk, Management / FG To Reintroduce Bicycle Riding In Abuja - Rotimi Amaechi Says / "I Helped PDP Rig Elections"— Ibrahim Mantu Confesses(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.