Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? (16209 Views)

Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Lady Loses N5million She Was Paid After Losing Job To Church Micro-finance Bank / Customers Harass Kesley Mega Micro-Finance Bank MD In Enugu, Police Intervenes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Tomjazzy2: 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hello all,

Please it happened that a friend who was employed by a micro finance bank in Port Harcourt earlier this year, Ksley Mega Vision Micro Finance Bank, Aba road branch, talked me into patronising them.

Honestly, I was a bit relunctant at first, but after much persuation from her, particularly after making me understand what she would stand to gain if I invested in them, I decided to give it a trial.

Suffice it to point out here that she said that once I start saving with them, I can not have access to any part of my money with them within three (3) months, after which I can then be paid my capital, and any accruable interest.

To cut long story short, its been more than three months now, but sadly, there is no hope in sight with regards to my capital alone, talk more of interests.

This friend was honest enough to have given me heads up with regards to her fears about the firm. She opened up some time last month and explained to me how she feared that customers may find it difficult collecting their monies when the time is due.

As we speak, the management of this micro finance have gone totally blank on their field workers. They have stopped communicating them like they used to. The only managerial staff in their branch office could be said to be a mere ceremonial manager, who neither knows her left from her right.

I have visited them severally concerning my money but the case seems hopeless. It's obvious from all observations and investigations that they currently lack the financial capacity to off set all liabilities. What is even more anoying is the seeming gap in communication between the main managerial staff-- all of which I understand have since travelled out of the state to God knows where-- and the field workers/marketers who are still very much accessable.

Please, what practical steps can I take in recovering my funds with this irresponsible micro finance bank? They claim to be registered (though I am yet to independtly verify this), but how can I verify this?

If they are indeed registered, isn't there a process I could follow to get my funds back?

Please, lawyers, financial experts, and any one who has experience in this kind of issue should help me profer possible solutions. Thanks

N/B: some friends have adviced I get the police involved and lock up the available marketers since they are all accessable, but I don't think that is the right thing to do.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by eezeribe(m): 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Microfinance banks in Nigeria are worse than ponzi schemes.they disappear without notice.I would rather save my money in a saving box or piggy bank than patronise these one man businesses.
Next time,even if your twin brother or sister pressurises you into opening an account with a MFB,do not accept.
one of my girlfriends got a marketing job with a monthly target of one million naira in a MFB,she tried persuading me to put some money in the bank through her,I refused vehemently.she could not meet her target,was paid half salary,but I did not bulge.
I am happy today because the MFB has since gone bankrupt but my money is still with me in a more secure commercial bank.

Lalasticlala,Mynd44 please move this to fp,let people advise the Op.

24 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by thesicilian: 5:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
1. You invested your hard-earned money based on what the bank agent would stand to gain, not your own gain.
2. She told you her fears about them, yet you went ahead.
Honestly the fault is all yours.
Talk to a lawyer experienced in bank fraud.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
So sorry abt this bro. I have a friend who is currently having same issue, tho in a differnt branch.

Why not seek the services of a good lawyer naw?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Tomjazzy2: 6:19pm On Apr 24, 2017
thesicilian:
1. You invested your hard-earned money based on what the bank agent would stand to gain, not your own gain.

I think you clearly misunderstood me.

First off, though I was persuaded into investing with them because the friend in question would stand to benefit from it, I was equally persuaded because I wanted to save up for some projects.

Secondly, she opened up to me after about two months of saving with them. Then I stopped saving based on her advise.

Thanks for the concern though

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Tomjazzy2: 6:20pm On Apr 24, 2017
hammer2010:
So sorry abt this bro. I have a friend who is currently having same issue, tho in a differnt branch.

Why not seek the services of a good lawyer naw?

You don't say! That must be the branch at mile 3, yeah?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by thesicilian: 6:34pm On Apr 24, 2017
Tomjazzy2:

I think you clearly misunderstood me.
You still need to see a lawyer who is conversant with this this kind of case. Don't let them get away with your hard earned savings.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 24, 2017
NDIC should be notified or get a strong lawyer that knows his onions.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by PERFECT2(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
All their branches has been under lock and keys. Here in Enugu, people are just calm about their LOST money.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by bankyblue(m): 7:07pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ask the presidency

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Tazdroid(m): 7:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
unclezuma:
Rob it

U obviously had nothing helpful to say

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Philinho(m): 7:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
I have no idea
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by legibow: 7:08pm On Apr 24, 2017
Work in there and make use of the with drawer slip

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
go in there and shoot all of them with a kalashikov and get your fuvking money back! simples! grin atleast that's what I did last time they tried to thief my money.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by shegz04: 7:09pm On Apr 24, 2017
thesicilian:
Nice advice

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by goingape1: 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
Tomjazzy2:
Hello all,

Please it happened that a friend who was employed by a micro finance bank in Port Harcourt earlier this year, Ksley Mega Vision Micro Finance Bank, Aba road branch, talked me into patronising them.

Honestly, I was a bit relunctant at first, but after much persuation from her, particularly after making me understand what she would stand to gain if I invested in them, I decided to give it a trial.

Suffice it to point out here that she said that once I start saving with them, I can not have access to any part of my money with them within three (3) months, after which I can then be paid my capital, and any accruable interest.

To cut long story short, its been more than three months now, but sadly, there is no hope in sight with regards to my capital alone, talk more of interests.

This friend was honest enough to have given me heads up with regards to her fears about the firm. She opened up some time last month and explained to me how she feared that customers may find it difficult collecting their monies when the time is due.

As we speak, the management of this micro finance have gone totally blank on their field workers. They have stopped communicating them like they used to. The only managerial staff in their branch office could be said to be a mere ceremonial manager, who neither knows her left from her right.

I have visited them severally concerning my money but the case seems hopeless. It's obvious from all observations and investigations that they currently lack the financial capacity to off set all liabilities. What is even more anoying is the seeming gap in communication between the main managerial staff-- all of which I understand have since travelled out of the state to God knows where-- and the field workers/marketers who are still very much accessable.

Please, what practical steps can I take in recovering my funds with this irresponsible micro finance bank? They claim to be registered (though I am yet to independtly verify this), but how can I verify this?

If they are indeed registered, isn't there a process I could follow to get my funds back?

Please, lawyers, financial experts, and any one who has experience in this kind of issue should help me profer possible solutions. Thanks

N/B: some friends have adviced I get the police involved and lock up the available marketers since they are all accessable, but I don't think that is the right thing to do.
your money done enter voice mail!

there is nothing we can do bros.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by HottestFire: 7:10pm On Apr 24, 2017
Just sue them!
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by soleexx(m): 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
Beg dem naw...
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Benekruku(m): 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2017

Micro Financed Mavros

grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by jericco1(m): 7:11pm On Apr 24, 2017
Your case is different.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by jericco1(m): 7:12pm On Apr 24, 2017
goingape1:
your money done enter voice mail!
there is nothing we can do bros.
and you had to quote the whole thing?

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Oluvico007(m): 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ah dey always tlk am.. I'll rather use my money to play bet9ja. . Than invest in some fuckerry scam
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by ogastone(m): 7:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
How much is involved .

Whistle blowing loading ....... shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by omonlaa: 7:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
Rob them

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by alozie27(m): 7:14pm On Apr 24, 2017
The best way to save money now,rent an apartment. load your money inside.Simple

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Templa(m): 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
More like a microponzi bank

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Numericals: 7:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
Please check the list of CBN approved MFBs on CBN website to see if they are licensed. If yes, relax, your money is insured even if the bank goes down.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back From A Micro Finance Bank? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 24, 2017
You didn't seek for our advice before u put your money there, why now?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banking Sector Breeds Criminals - New Study / NASCO Expands, Opens New Production Line In Jos / How Naijapredict/9japredict scam customers in 2016 with Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.