Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Pls Educate Me On Visa, Passport And Resident Permit - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pls Educate Me On Visa, Passport And Resident Permit (1040 Views)

The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Experience At The (US Visa) Passport Collection Center, DHL VI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Educate Me On Visa, Passport And Resident Permit by juiicii: 5:04am On Apr 25, 2017
IT PAINS ME THAT AT MY AGE I DO NOT KNOW VERY MUCH ABOUT ALL IT WL TAKE ONE TO TRAVEL OUT, PLS SOMEONE SHOULD PLS TELL ME THE ABC TO Z OF ALL THAT IS INVOLVED IN TRAVELING OUT OF YOUR OWN COUNTRY
Re: Pls Educate Me On Visa, Passport And Resident Permit by Nobody: 5:32am On Apr 25, 2017
Same with me, before I travelled last month I don't know about any of them, but I used Google sha,
Re: Pls Educate Me On Visa, Passport And Resident Permit by Nobody: 6:04am On Apr 25, 2017
juiicii:
IT PAINS ME THAT AT MY AGE I DO NOT KNOW VERY MUCH ABOUT ALL IT WL TAKE ONE TO TRAVEL OUT, PLS SOMEONE SHOULD PLS TELL ME THE ABC TO Z OF ALL THAT IS INVOLVED IN TRAVELING OUT OF YOUR OWN COUNTRY

You need the following at a minimum.

National passport: This is your international identification, it has your official data such as name, date of birth, place of birth, etc

Visa: This is a stamp that you procure from the embassy (official office of respective countries, the embassy ground is also a physical representation of the country - so, for example, the USA embassy in Nigeria is a United States diplomatic entity and thus Nigeria cannot enter the premises). It is worth noting that a visa is only good to the point of entry of the foreign country. The immigration officer there will interview and then decide if to grant entry into the country or return the traveller to the originating country on the first available flight

Airline ticket: This is the contract between you and an airline that they will offer you a seat from location A to location B. It is not a guarantee of flight but just a proof of purchase. There are one-way, round trip or multi-stop tickets available.

So for a Nigerian to travel to say Germany, you will need your current Nigerian passport, get a visa from the German embassy in Nigeria and purchase a ticket from an airline.

6 Likes

Re: Pls Educate Me On Visa, Passport And Resident Permit by juiicii: 3:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
THANKS , BUT I NEED MORE DETAILED CONTRIBUTIONS PLS
Re: Pls Educate Me On Visa, Passport And Resident Permit by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 29, 2017
Get your international passport first
Re: Pls Educate Me On Visa, Passport And Resident Permit by Clefayomide: 11:10pm On May 02, 2017
in applying for a visa, which one is the best in terms of job search?, or for someone thAt doesn't have A plan of coming back home anytime soon?

(1) (Reply)

TRAVEL/CULTURE : 30 Amazing Facts About The Great Benin Kingdom / . / Best Flight To Mexico Without Transit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.