Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,463 members, 7,954,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:01 AM

Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market (6871 Views)

Reps Probe North-East Commission As "N100bn Vanishes In One Year" / Senators, Reps Fight Over N100bn Constituency Projects / Meet Debby Nnamdi-Victor Who Prophesied About Senator Elisha Abbo In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by juman(m): 10:50am On Apr 27, 2017
The state is not easy to govern.

A state that has more than ten percent of entire country's population.

People are forced daily to move to lagos, they have nothing to do in the villages and towns.
There is no electricity in their communities.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by juman(m): 10:54am On Apr 27, 2017
stereo:

Sorry Bro. Lagos cannot 'float' as a country on its own. It's simply enjoying it's status as the major export and import (vehicles, crude oil and gas etc) centre of the 'entire' nation.

Almost everything passes through Lagos so it's bound to attract businesses and huge tax revenues (e.g oil companies) for the state government.

So if Lagos wants to become a country other regions would stop being lazy and develop their own ports.

Just making common sense.

@bolded
So why jonathan could not develop a virile sea port in niger delta in six years?
I wonder.

May be he was waiting for an aboki man to develop their sea port for them.
What a waste of opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by Sphinx02(m): 11:01am On Apr 27, 2017
Greatigbos:
After been former capital for so many decades ...y not
Envy won't kill u.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by Sphinx02(m): 11:04am On Apr 27, 2017
Greatigbos:
Abuja has been capital 4 many more years since independence,y is it not doing half as well as Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by omenkaLives(m): 11:34am On Apr 27, 2017
iamexcelblog:

Mynd44 Seun Lalasticlala. This is Omenkalives. Take note. This does not concern ebonyi in anyway or Igboland. While you ban those that attack Yorubaland, also be aware of this account.
Ipob yoots See Me in their nightmares and daydreams.

I'm very sure I own even your own moniker.

Tufiakwa. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by willibounce1(m): 11:48am On Apr 27, 2017
ednut1:
With the amount lagos generates ehn we suppose dey compete with arab cities. but go to iyana ipaja, ikotun, ajegunle etc na slum, na only some places dem dey spend am on, mtcheew. no wonder saint Tinubu can afford private jet

Don't mind them. Let them continue to deceive themselves. With all the huge amount they are calling, the got nothing reasonable to show for it. Na only lekki, ikoyi, and VI dey Lagos? They abandon a lot places and carry their camera to the island to take pictures to deceive their gullible supporters.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by Nebuzaradan: 11:54am On Apr 27, 2017
[s]
omenkaLives:

Tufiakwa. cheesy

[/s]
shatap there and get out
okenye na agwo ofe
Nonsense trash
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by kjhova(m): 11:56am On Apr 27, 2017
tollyboy5:
Lagos is still very poor but because we are black Africans with black brain we don't see Lagos as poor we rate Lagos as rich Lagos is just a one eyed man in the city of the blind. I just waiting on dangote refinery and lekki airport to come to like maybe my state would be ranked among world cities

What does it mean to have a "black brain"?

As an African, I have never heard this level of self hate and self deprecation before in my entire life. Of course, in absolute terms, a city of 10 to 20 million inhabitants with gross revenue of N436billion is effectively poor. However, this same satement can be affirmed without recourse to self hatred of the most gross form as displayed in your post!

Lagos' success is reviewed relative to the rest of Nigeria and the West african coast and indeed Lagos is in the right direction if it remains under quality management in a stable Nigeria. Even the original post still informed that the state government was looking to access N100billion bond out of a proposed N500billion.

Quit hating yourself and the next time you want to hate, please restrict it to yourself as an individual and not to the rest of us.

I am African with a brain, a well functional brain deserving of a financial analyst that I am, sad that yours is black and dysfunctional!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
omenkaLives:

Tufiakwa. cheesy

Continue deceiving yourself with IPOB youths. I know over 15 of your monikers. You are a yoruba man working in Igboland. Probably born and brought up in Ebonyi.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by cooldood(m): 12:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
kjhova:

As an African, I have never heard this level of self hate and self deprecation before in my entire life. Of course, in absolute terms, a city of 10 to 20 million inhabitants with gross revenue of N436billion is effectively poor. However, this same satement can be affirmed without recourse to self hatred of the most gross form as displayed in your post!

Lagos' success is reviewed relative to the rest of Nigeria and the West african coast and indeed Lagos is in the right direction if it remains under quality management in a stable Nigeria. Even the original post still informed that the state government was looking to access N100billion bond out of a proposed N500billion.

Quit hating yourself and the next time you want to hate, please restrict it to yourself as an individual and not to the rest of us.

I am African with a brain, a well functional brain deserving of a financial analyst that I am, sad that yours is black and dysfunctional!
The guy just used an average black's brain,so don't quote him out of context.Until we stop celebrating mediocrity and accept our shortcomings as a people,the politicians will continue to treat the people as 'blind and gullible'. If we all agree that most states in Nigeria are as good as failed and unviable,clearly you shouldn't compare Lagos to those,if not you'd be deceived to think Lagos is doing well.If I score most states 20%,I'd score Rivers 25%,and Lagos will get 30%,all Na F9.
The sort of investment required to lift Lagos out of poverty is gargantuan because past leaders only focus on diverting state's money into personal pockets and so they've left infrastructure undeveloped for long. If the population of Lagos was 10million below,#436bn will have been fair to develop infrastructure but with over 20million people,my goodness,the counterparty funding necessary to unlock growth and development is far bigger than $1bn revenue.

Housing deficit alone is crazy,not to mention healthcare and education infrastructure. Lets not even go into transport (rail,road,aviation).

If the politicians could be more honest and accountable going forward,perhaps Lagos can start flying high,but till then,Lagos is still crawling (other states have not even started yet,they are not yet born).
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by kjhova(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
Every country in the world have their prime commercial city and it does not mean the inhabitants of the city are smarter than others. It is just down to a combo of geography, demography, history and trends.

In the Oyo era, when the trans-atlantic trade route was the commercial fulcrum of West Africa, the hinterland savannah was more populated and prosperous than coastal towns. Therefore in 1800, cities like Kano, Timbuktu, Maiduguri or Agadez were more populated and commercially viable than backward places like Eko, Ikorodu or Badagry. Should a slave born in Epe (Lagos) be captured and driven to Maiduguri in 1820, such a fellow will be astonished by the advancement of the city; adorned horses, emirate police and postal officers, camel caravans, leather and salt making, fishing boats on the Chad, manufactured goods and spices from the Mediterranean etc.

The table is turned today as the trans-atlantic ocean trade route is dominant and coastal cities across West Africa thrive better than hinterland cities.

You may then ask why P/Harcourt is not as commecial as Lagos. At this point, demography and history comes to bear. Lagos has a larger population and historically has been the nationally capital city during the most developmental period of our national history (1914-1991). The bigger ports, airports, warehouses, road/bridge networks are all here and historically, the headquarters of most big businesses have been here.

This is why Lagos' economy is bigger than the rest. Some of the advantages of the past has been stripped from Lagos since 1991 however the state has had fairly good gorvernance since then from Buba Marwa to Akin Ambode irrespective of what some will want you to believe. A Tinubu-Fashola-Ambode relay set is still far better than what some states have had to endure (e.g. Anambra with the Ubas' issues, Delta with Ibori, Zamfara with the bogus sharia, Rivers with the Amaechi/Wike/Patience induced crisis, Oyo with Akala or Bornu with the Alli Modu Sherrif and Boko Haram pact).

1 Like

Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by dunkem21(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
omenkaLives:

Tufiakwa. cheesy

You're really shameless.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
dunkem21:

Seun himself is a tribalist with a hidden moniker.

I have been suspecting. Because the person behind those monikers are too smart.

But I doubt he may stoop so low. He may enjoy it as a Yoruba man. But I don't think he will engage in such.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by MrMaestro: 1:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
iamexcelblog:

I have been suspecting. Because the person behind those monikers are too smart.

But I doubt he may stoop so low. He may enjoy it as a Yoruba man. But I don't think he will engage in such.
there are so many Igbos doing the same thing. That's where he got it from.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by aribisala0(m): 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
Greatigbos:
Why is Abuja not generating too?.
Just for the record and your education, Laos State was NEVER the capital but rather a small part of the statemail ie Lagos Island ,Ikoyi, Victoria Island an mainland up to Yaba, ( including Yaba left FYI)
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by kjhova(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
cooldood:

The guy just used an average black's brain,so don't quote him out of context.Until we stop celebrating mediocrity and accept our shortcomings as a people,the politicians will continue to treat the people as 'blind and gullible'. If we all agree that most states in Nigeria are as good as failed and unviable,clearly you shouldn't compare Lagos to those,if not you'd be deceived to think Lagos is doing well.If I score most states 20%,I'd score Rivers 25%,and Lagos will get 30%,all Na F9.
The sort of investment required to lift Lagos out of poverty is gargantuan because past leaders only focus on diverting state's money into personal pockets and so they've left infrastructure undeveloped for long. If the population of Lagos was 10million below,#436bn will have been fair to develop infrastructure but with over 20million people,my goodness,the counterparty funding necessary to unlock growth and development is far bigger than $1bn revenue.

Housing deficit alone is crazy,not to mention healthcare and education infrastructure. Lets not even go into transport (rail,road,aviation).

If the politicians could be more honest and accountable going forward,perhaps Lagos can start flying high,but till then,Lagos is still crawling (other states have not even started yet,they are not yet born).

You and I and him have pointed to the same issues which is that Lagos has a long way to go to the top. That said, what has that got to do with self deprecation? I didn't quote him out of context as I am not about to quote you out of context but please what exactly do you mean by an average black's brain??

Have you somehow empirically measured black people's brains to settle for an average? I ask you, and him, again...are you an average black person? If yes, how do you rate your brain? If no, are you then above or below average? This is self deprecation and a worse form of reverse racism in which a human being is psychologically inclined to hate himself and everything about his racial background desperately.

I am Edo and my forebears built a thousand year empire. On the average, my folks embrace education and tend to have high grades (using WAEC/JAMB examinations as measure). We tend to be hard working and fun loving. We have our vices but in all we are peace loving and generally inquisitive folks. I am not in the cartegory of "black brain" or "average black brain". Are you?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by 9jakool: 2:20pm On Apr 27, 2017
juman:

@bolded
So why jonathan could not develop a virile sea port in niger delta in six years?
I wonder.

May be he was waiting for an aboki man to develop their sea port for them.
What a waste of opportunity.
lol, it took the Niger Delta joint task force to dig a single borehole in his mother's village in Bayelsa. His mother was so happy and grateful because they finally had a borehole in the village... imagine a borehole. Funny thing is it was towards the end of his presidency too, more than 5 years after assuming office and he didn't build a single road or a borehole in the village.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by tollyboy5(m): 2:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
kjhova:

You and I and him have pointed to the same issues which is that Lagos has a long way to go to the top. That said, what has that got to do with self deprecation? I didn't quote him out of context as I am not about to quote you out of context but please what exactly do you mean by an average black's brain??

Have you somehow empirically measured black people's brains to settle for an average? I ask you, and him, again...are you an average black person? If yes, how do you rate your brain? If no, are you then above or below average? This is self deprecation and a worse form of reverse racism in which a human being is psychologically inclined to hate himself and everything about his racial background desperately.

I am Edo and my forebears built a thousand year empire. On the average, my folks embrace education and tend to have high grades (usingWAECm/JAMB examinationse as measure). We tend to be hard working and fun loving. We have our vices but in all we are peace loving and generally inquisitive folks. I am not in the cartegory of "black brain" or "average black brain". Are you?
I'm not saying we are dumb or whatever what I'm saying is that. we keep on comparing our success to other failed state instead of considering loop holes in our system I'm from Lagos state and it took years before they remembered island is not the only Lagos so I'm happy with development but we are still very poor angry
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by cooldood(m): 2:56pm On Apr 27, 2017
kjhova:

I am Edo and my forebears built a thousand year empire. On the average, my folks embrace education and tend to have high grades (using WAEC/JAMB examinations as measure). We tend to be hard working and fun loving. We have our vices but in all we are peace loving and generally inquisitive folks. I am not in the cartegory of "black brain" or "average black brain". Are you?
You keep personalizing this,when in fact it's not a personal issue.
By their fruits,ye shall know them. How do you explain a set of people who import what they have and export what they don't have.Its not a question though.Case in point is importation of food as basic as it is.Any country that cannot feed itself is clearly full of "dullards".Becos a few people are exceptional doesn't make them"the rule".Irrespective of where you come from or how intelligent you are as an individual,the fact is the majority who are not,are used to define your country,take it or leave it.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by juman(m): 2:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
9jakool:

lol, it took the Niger Delta joint task force to dig a single borehole in his mother's village in Bayelsa. His mother was so happy and grateful because they finally had a borehole in the village... imagine a borehole. Funny thing is it was towards the end of his presidency too, more than 5 years after assuming office and he didn't build a single road or a borehole in the village.

Kai.

He was less concern making life better for his people.
He will be biting his finger, asking himself how come he failed so much like that.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by kjhova(m): 4:43pm On Apr 27, 2017
cooldood:

You keep personalizing this,when in fact it's not a personal issue.
By their fruits,ye shall know them. How do you explain a set of people who import what they have and export what they don't have.Its not a question though.Case in point is importation of food as basic as it is.Any country that cannot feed itself is clearly full of "dullards".Becos a few people are exceptional doesn't make them"the rule".Irrespective of where you come from or how intelligent you are as an individual,the fact is the majority who are not,are used to define your country,take it or leave it.

It is a personal issue and is as personal as referring to Africans as monkeys or Jews as pigs. Suggesting that since I for one am sure not a monkey should make me the least bothered is out of the question.

That a country is poor is only a testimony to the environmental and not mental condition of its people. A once vibrant Syria is today downtrodden, does this mean the population's brain pool has dropped? Dubai grew phenomenally rich in 15 years from 1975 to 1990 but was a poor backward enclave for the previous hundred years. Did the national mental pool suddenly receive some pump up? Not at all. There are numerous external factors that determine national wealth and "average black brain" isn't the reason we have struggling countries in Africa. This idea, my friend, is acute self deprecation of a worst form.

The average black brain did not put Mobutu Sese Seko in power in Zaire for 3 decades to destroy the economy, no, it was the Belgian government and the CIA that planned the coupe and sustained him in power. Same for most of the demagogues that once held Africa down.

The African brain has not been proven in any scietifically appreciable way to differ from any other human brain on Earth in any way or form. Any suggestion to the contrary by an African is chronic self-hate.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by kjhova(m): 4:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
tollyboy5:

I'm not saying we are dumb or whatever what I'm saying is that. we keep on comparing our success to other failed state instead of considering loop holes in our system I'm from Lagos state and it took years before they remembered island is not the only Lagos so I'm happy with development but we are still very poor angry

My response to @cooldood above suffices.

The "island" was federal capital for 77 years while the rest of Lagos was not and Federal wealth far outweigh that of Lagos State. This is the reason for the dichotomy and not black brain.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by aribisala0(m): 6:30pm On Apr 27, 2017
kjhova:

both of you are correct. You are an African with a functional brain and he is an African with a black brain

1 Like

Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by cooldood(m): 9:26am On Apr 28, 2017
kjhova:

It is a personal issue and is as personal as referring to Africans as monkeys or Jews as pigs. Suggesting that since I for one am sure not a monkey should make me the least bothered is out of the question.

That a country is poor is only a testimony to the environmental and not mental condition of its people. A once vibrant Syria is today downtrodden, does this mean the population's brain pool has dropped? Dubai grew phenomenally rich in 15 years from 1975 to 1990 but was a poor backward enclave for the previous hundred years. Did the national mental pool suddenly receive some pump up? Not at all. There are numerous external factors that determine national wealth and "average black brain" isn't the reason we have struggling countries in Africa. This idea, my friend, is acute self deprecation of a worst form.

The average black brain did not put Mobutu Sese Seko in power in Zaire for 3 decades to destroy the economy, no, it was the Belgian government and the CIA that planned the coupe and sustained him in power. Same for most of the demagogues that once held Africa down.

The African brain has not been proven in any scietifically appreciable way to differ from any other human brain on Earth in any way or form. Any suggestion to the contrary by an African is chronic self-hate.

All you have posted here are simply excuses for the black man's incompetence to put his house in order.Excuses,excuses everywhere.So after 57 years,it's external factors that made the black man not to be able to feed himself or it's external factors that made it so.It's external factors that make black politicians steal at least 50% of the state's funds,truly it's extreme factors not just external.When the black man wakes up from his slumber let me know.yeye leaders leading their fellow likeminded followers.
Re: Lagos Generates N436bn In 2016, Seeks N100bn From Capital Market by kjhova(m): 11:17am On Apr 28, 2017
cooldood:

All you have posted here are simply excuses for the black man's incompetence to put his house in order.Excuses,excuses everywhere.So after 57 years,it's external factors that made the black man not to be able to feed himself or it's external factors that made it so.It's external factors that make black politicians steal at least 50% of the state's funds,truly it's extreme factors not just external.When the black man wakes up from his slumber let me know.yeye leaders leading their fellow likeminded followers.

I feed myself, I don't know about you. If you insist that you and other black people have inferior brain capacity to other humans, that's your cup and it's you who's sipping from it. As for me, my brain is quite fine and that, my friend, is just fine by me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Urged To Reduce Political Parties / EFCC Arrests Obi Cubana For Money Laundering, Tax Fraud / Emerging Social Almajiris In Yorubaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.