Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames (30183 Views)

Top Nollywood Stars You May Not Know Are Dead (Pictures) / Moji Olaiya’s Death: How 3 Notable Nollywood Stars Died Within 30 Days / Korede Bello Nicknames Himself "Your Mechanic Crush' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by toptennaija: 7:41am On Apr 25, 2017
1.Hafiz Oyetoro (Saka)
At the mention of the name Saka, lovers of Nigeria TV ads and movies will reel out laughing as his moniker has since become a household name. However, only a few knows that Hafiz Oyetoro got his moniker from his role as Simply Saka in a Greg Odutayo produced sitcom, House A-part.

2.Funke Akindele (Jenifa)
When Funke Akindele got into the Nigerian movie industry, she was well known for her role as the nosy young girl in the series, I Need To Know. However, her fame and an additional moniker was to join her after she starred and co-produced the award winning blockbuster, Jenifa. Not did Funke only made money, fame and name for herself but also got herself an evergreen moniker, Jenifa.

3. Eniola Badmus (Gbogbo Big Girls)
Just as Funke Akindele made name, money and fame for herself with the production of Jenifa, so also did the moniker, Gbogbo Big Girls stuck on Eniola Badmus.

4.Mr. Ibu
Mr Ibu, he said, Ibu has been my name from childhood. My grandfather bore the name too and I took after him because as I was growing up, they used to call me all his names. On how I got the name , somebody was actually writing a script that I was going to act in. He was using my name as a character in it and at the end of the day, they titled the film John Ibu Okafor. It took me time to change it from Mr. John Ibu to John Okafor later I left it as Mr. Ibu

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by toptennaija: 7:42am On Apr 25, 2017
5.Basorge Tariah Jr. (Do Good)
Basorge Tariah was an all round entertainer long before now.His name Do Goodwas actually borne out of his character in the popular TV soap, Palace, Many still refer to the comedian, rapper and actor as Do Good.

6.Ronke Ojo (Ronke Oshodi Oke) The bosomy actress got her moniker after starring in a movie entitled Oshodi Oke. She played the character of a big boobed lady in the movie and because she had remained bosomy, the name, Oshodi Oke, had stuck to her like a second skin.

7.Sam Dede (Isakaba)
Sam Dede had always been a popular face in the movie industry but his fame and a moniker was added to his personality after he took up the lead role in the movie Isakaba. He portrayed the leader of Isakaba group In the movie. Since then, the name "isakaba" has stuck to him

8.Kunle Afolayan (Aresejabata)
Until his rise to fame and fortune, many referred to Kunle Afolayan as Arese or Aresejabata, which was the role he played in the popular Tunde Kelani’s movie, Saworo Ide.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 25, 2017
what about buhari?
on how he got Dullard and Mr go slow?
your list is incomplete then

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by toptennaija: 7:44am On Apr 25, 2017
9. Ronke Odusanya (Flakky Ididowo) (meaning a woman whose butt makes money)
Bosomy actress, Ronke Odusanya was relatively known even after starring in a movie with late Francis Agu in early 2000s. However, luck smiled on her after she starred in few Yoruba movies and caught the attention of fellow actress and producer Fathia Balogun, who casted her for the lead role of Folake in the flick Flakky Ididowo. The character has since remained her moniker in the industry.

10.Ann Njemanze (Domitila)
Segun arinze's ex-wife Ann Njemanze, became a household name after starring as the lead actress in the 1996 blockbuster movie, Domitila. The character, Domitila, played by Njemanze became a moniker fans and even industry watchers refer to her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPm_no2o41g
http://ttnaija..com.ng/2017/04/10-popular-nollywood-stars-and-how-they.html

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Rtopzy(f): 7:51am On Apr 25, 2017
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Partnerbiz(f): 7:53am On Apr 25, 2017
Do you mean unpopular Yoruba actors?
How can you say popular and
Tonto Dike Geny nnaji, Kate, henshaw Ramsey noah, Ike emeka, Mike ezuruonye, Omotola etc are not there?

Go away jor..

See below shaa before you go...

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Alitair(m): 7:59am On Apr 25, 2017
Op where is my legendary osuofia? Hmmm na wah o

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Angeleena(m): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2017
aki and paw-paw nko?

30 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Nobody: 10:14am On Apr 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Op you are wrong in number 7.(There were so many characters in Issakaba and Sam Dede played the role of Ebube,
There was Wokem and the Witch Doctor ArusiyiNeJuka

4. Basorge Tariah is known as Akpos...Alias from the movie: My Guy with Tony One Week) (because of his Warri characters in movies)

Ga juo ndi be unu biko.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by veekid(m): 10:14am On Apr 25, 2017
Abeg; next?
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by DollarAngel(m): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2017
What of JAGABAN?
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by NLProblemChild(m): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2017
So?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by holluwai(m): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2017
How pasuma get him own name? I'm wondering

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by lonelydora: 10:16am On Apr 25, 2017
Where is Kenneth Okonkwo's name? The most popular nickname in nollywood. Known as Andy from 'living in bondage'.

14 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by SuperBlack: 10:16am On Apr 25, 2017
And what's this post going to add to my daily Hustle?.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by opethom(m): 10:17am On Apr 25, 2017
This one no concern me, tell us how lalasticalala got his name.... Who is lala? What is the relationship between lala and snake ?

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by jeeqaa7(m): 10:17am On Apr 25, 2017
like for tekno
share for efe

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by ourkobo: 10:17am On Apr 25, 2017
OP where is Aki and PawPaw.
Where is Osofia
where is MamaG.

infact this list is as empty as your brain

26 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by nattyjay(m): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2017
Odunlade Adekola: Sunday Dagboru, Cause trouble, Monday omo adugbo, etc.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by adedayoa2(f): 10:19am On Apr 25, 2017
Partnerbiz:
Tonto Dike Geny nnaji, Kate, henshaw Ramsey noah, Ike emeka, Mike ezuruonye, Omotola etc are not there?

Go away jor..

dem no get nickname

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:19am On Apr 25, 2017
Where is osufia, aki n pawpaw? undecided
Dis shoulda been how yoruba actors n actress got dia names! angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Afam4eva(m): 10:19am On Apr 25, 2017
toptennaija:

7.Sam Dede (Isakaba)
Sam Dede had always been a popular face in the movie industry but his fame and a moniker was added to his personality after he took up the lead role in the movie Isakaba. He portrayed the leader of Isakaba group In the movie. Since then, the name "isakaba" has stuck to him
Actually, Sam Dede is better known as Ijele than Isakaba.

You also forgot to name

Nkem Owoh aka Osuofia

Aki and Paw Paw

Queen Nwokoye aka Ada Mbano

Rachel Okonkwo aka Nkoli Nwa Nsukka

Though i get the point that you're Yorucentric and probably don't know some of these people.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by tk4rd: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2017
WONDERFUL
Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2017
Partnerbiz:

Go away jor..

Read before you comment
These people u mentioned have no nick names na
Op is talking of actors with popular nick names like funke akindele(jenifa), Omotola(omosexy)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Godswillnwaoma(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2017
what about nkem owoh osuofia

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by spidey77: 10:21am On Apr 25, 2017
That is a grossly incomplete and unresearched list.

For most of the guys on that ur list, I bet u, a great bunch of Nigerians do not know them at all....

..and Mr mod, i frankly think that SAKA in your list( number 1) grew more popular with that name because of his etisalat advertisement gigs.

CLICK LIKE IF YOU CONCUR WITH ME ON SAKA, CLICK SHARE IF YOU CUNCUR WIT MOD

Anyway in other news, see the incredible reasons why Donald Trump is
regarded as one of the worlds greatest money fools
here.... http://expressdigger..com/2017/04/world-fools-day-meet-one-of-historys.html

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2017
Op! Where is osufia, aki n pawpaw? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Ginaz(f): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2017
What of Omo sexy

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by AreaFada2: 10:22am On Apr 25, 2017
Our SW people often hardly look beyond their side when talking about national matters, like Nollywood or politics.

They just added two outsiders to complete the number.

So much about one Nigeria. Not! Only petroleum unity. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Alhkerimu(m): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2017
GuY what is the meaning of this, this is fake list

3 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by Afam4eva(m): 10:23am On Apr 25, 2017
AreaFada2:
Our SW people often hardly look beyond their side when talking about national matters, like Nollywood or politics.

They just added two outsiders to complete the number.

So much about one Nigeria. Not! Only petroleum unity. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
That's actually what surprised me. How can you not add Osuofia to such a list filled with relatively unknown people. It would have made sense to just narrow it down to Yorubas in the title.

16 Likes

Re: Nollywood Stars And How They Got Their Nicknames by ozaovehe(m): 10:23am On Apr 25, 2017
What of segun Arinze (black arrow)
That name is compiled by indomie generation

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Buys Free School Ride Bus For Surulere Students / Omowunmi Akinnifesi Meets Aliko Dangote (Photo) / Alibaba Celebrates His 51st Birthday With Amazing Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.