Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,605 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

What Will I Do Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will I Do Pls (927 Views)

Will I still be loved? / Will I Regret My Decision Later On In Life? / Will I Be Making A Mistake Marrying This Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will I Do Pls by ikanason(m): 12:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
Good day everybody. pls advice me on what to do pls.
Am married with 4 kids and my husband is late, we are living in our own house in lokoja. my sisters and brothers use to visit me. but recently am no more comfortable with them because of their attitude towards me and my kids.
Those of my sisters are married they are two in number, for years now they are staying in my house. they will visit their husband and still come back to my house. At first i did not take it as anything but recently am no more enjoying the visit. i don't have privacy in my house again because they enter my room anytime they want with their children, if i tell them what to cook before i come back they have cook another thing, they driver all the cars in the house but what annoys me most is they will still come and carry my own personal car after all my warning. if i talk they will say is it because am rich, that i should stop insulting them. i pay all the bills in the house i never ask them to contribute both in feedings.
Pls i need good advice on how to handle this issue, am no more comfortable with them living with me, they have stay for years now with my family, have called their husband several times to come and carry their families they will promise to come after one week or some days but at last they will never show up. Am tired of them pls what will i do.
Re: What Will I Do Pls by thorpido(m): 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2017
Take a break from that house.Tell them you need to travel and move somewhere for about 2weeks or more.Give them some days notice and lock up your house and leave.

6 Likes

Re: What Will I Do Pls by toys2seven(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
I second the first comment. It's your house... Give them a month's notice, that you want to travel. On the said day, pack what you'll need for a month and go somewhere for sometime. You need to take back your authority in the house. When you return from your (supposed) journey, lay ground rules as they begin to show up and show no weakness in staying by those rules.
Re: What Will I Do Pls by ikanason(m): 1:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
thorpido:
Take a break from that house.Tell them you need to travel and move somewhere for about 2weeks or more.Give them some days notice and lock up your house and leave.

thanks so much for ur advice

1 Like

Re: What Will I Do Pls by ikanason(m): 1:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
toys2seven:
I second the first comment. It's your house... Give them a month's notice, that you want to travel. On the said day, pack what you'll need for a month and go somewhere for sometime. You need to take back your authority in the house. When you return from your (supposed) journey, lay ground rules as they begin to show up and show no weakness in staying by those rules.

thank u so much...
Re: What Will I Do Pls by pbethel: 1:47pm On Apr 25, 2017
Spell out ur rules to them.
BTW, y are de staying at u wen de have husband,? Is der no roof over der own heads? Arent de engaged with business or work? Are der kids not in school?
Re: What Will I Do Pls by Acidosis(m): 1:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
Where did you copy this thing from?

2 Likes

Re: What Will I Do Pls by Fadamant: 2:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
Is this possible? That you own your house and visitors are now in charge in your house? Your married sisters living with you for two years with the knowledge of their husbands? Hmmmm

Well, if it is true, I recommend you google the article; HOW TO SAY NO TO OTHERS, by Celestine Chua, of The Personal Excellence Blog. You will know just what to do by the time you are done reading it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will I Do Pls by Lumpyy(f): 5:38am On Apr 27, 2017
Please leave the house for a while with ur kids,tell them u can't leave them at home,stay for 2weels and don't tell then when u get back,ur late husbands people nko?u cud tell ur sisters that u heard gossip about the living arrangmnts from ur in-laws so u want them to go for a while!
Re: What Will I Do Pls by Lumpyy(f): 5:38am On Apr 27, 2017
Please leave the house for a while with ur kids,tell them u can't leave them at home,stay for 2weels and don't tell then when u get back,ur late husbands people nko?u cud tell ur sisters that u heard gossip about the living arrangmnts from ur in-laws so u want them to go.
Re: What Will I Do Pls by Winneygirl(f): 5:56am On Apr 27, 2017
This super story is not sweet, since I noticed the Op ought to be male.
Re: What Will I Do Pls by Blissquare(f): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2017
Ur sisters and their husbands are freeloaders. No need to travel nywhere. Tell them it is not proper and u are no longer comfortable. You hav tried. They wld be bitter for a while but serves them right.
Re: What Will I Do Pls by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
thorpido:

Straight to the point.

Lobatan. .

(1) (Reply)

17 Facts On Challenges Faced On The Early Phase Of Marriage (no. 7 Wld Shock U) / Candid Advise Needed / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.