Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man (34080 Views)

Jack Ma Once Said,’ When Selling To Close Friends And Family, Take Note / Fear Of Boycott Grips South African Brands / South African Student That Squandered N392m Accidentally Found In Her Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2017
I don't blame them; instead I blame our compatriots, the Developers, for completely ruining our image because of their criminality.
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by metallisc(m): 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
modelmike7:
That's not how to do businesses, profit first.

If I really want to know that they are serious, MTN, DSTV , SHOPRITE should just vex and say they are no more doing business with us, not a company selling flowers! Who flowers EPP, if not event decorators!!!

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by mayoroflag(m): 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
In 2010, this company messed me up when I ordered them to send flowers and chocolate to someone in Pretoria, all because I used a Nigerian Mastercard. They never returned my money nor delivered my order to date.
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by danot1030: 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2017
It's high time Nigeria government cut its tie with South Africa, we honestly don't need anything from them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 25, 2017
[quote author=Jayceon post=55907346]you are one depressed nigerian and your comment is funny,let me tell you something for free The truth hurts bro. But at the end of the day if you don't like it,you can go jump off a cliff. FYI feeble minds go by stereotypes. Sleep over that "honest boy".
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
[quote author=mansakhalifa post=55912577][/quote]lol okay...I feel so hurt,i'll see if I'm brave enough to jump off a cliff

Do you feel better now?

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Charlie31: 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
I am Nigerian and a regular Netflorist customer and must say their service has been exceptional. I find it hard to believe this story. You should give us the real reason you are having problems with your order. Your response is typical of many Nigerians, very confrontational when all you probably need to do is ask for clarification. Why did you even send your proof of address and ID? What type of card did you use? Credit? Debit? International or local card? Something must have triggered suspicion. Please, tell us the real issue and stop making us all look uncivilized. We already have enough to deal with here because of our dodgy countrymen.

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Chauke(m): 9:09pm On Apr 25, 2017
madjune:
The average Nigerian is sneaky when it comes to stuff about trust and integrity.

Fact. I don't blame foreigners.

Nigerians and online business involving credit cards disaster!

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Chauke(m): 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2017
danot1030:
It's high time Nigeria government cut its tie with South Africa, we honestly don't need anything from them.

Is high time that Nigerians get the Bleep out of South Africa

3 Likes

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 25, 2017
@Jayceon the closest thing to brave you black Xenofricans ever had was Shaka the zulu boy. Bravery & SA don't go together. Am out little boy.
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Charlie31: 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2017
@mayoroflag Nigerian cards are not accepted in many places. Many South African online small businesses only accept local cards or western issued cards for payment. Card scams are a big issue so you can't blame them when they turn down cards from high risk countries such as Nigeria.
I have a US issued card and every time i use it in South Africa the US issuer blocks it. I don't complain I just call and authorize it. Knowledge is power.
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Chauke(m): 9:26pm On Apr 25, 2017
eleojo23:
South Africans need deliverance from inferiority complex.

I think nigerians must clean their dodge image first , with their many scams they cannot be trusted which very sad for the honest ones

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by zeembab(m): 9:28pm On Apr 25, 2017
PLEASE BLAME YOUR FELLOW NIGERIANS......THEY MUST HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BEFORE BY OUR PEOPLE, HENCE, THEIR REACTION.
90% OF COUNTRY PEOPLE IN SOUTH AFRICA ARE INTO CRIME BE IT CARD FRAUD, YAHOO OR DRUG PEDDLING.
ITS HIGH TIME WE STARTS RE-ORIENTATING OURSELVES......WE LIVE IN A GLOBAL VILLAGE NOW AND IF WE WANT TO BE RESPECTED WE NEED TO TREAT OTHER WITH RESPECT.
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Chauke(m): 9:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
Curry30:
The hatred I have for that country is immense.

Everything about South Africa irritates me. Their ugly names, faces, language...everything

Shame, Nigerian govt still jokes with them by allowing MTN & DSTV do business here.

Useless nation.

Well thousands of Igbos and afonjas they fu@ken love the place they feel is better than the zoo they left behind

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Chauke(m): 9:36pm On Apr 25, 2017
khalids:

Oga read first before commenting....The guy is based in South Africa.
Do you expect him to start importing flower and champagne that is available at his location......

SMH...and some people just they click like.......

With his attitude surely he should be planning to leave xenophobic South Africa with his country men

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Chauke(m): 9:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
NubiLove:
It is expected from the South Africans to be Xenophobic and racist.

If South Africa is such a horrible place for Nigerians why are they still here?

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 25, 2017
mansakhalifa:
@Jayceon the closest thing to brave you black Xenofricans ever had was Shaka the zulu boy. Bravery & SA don't go together. Am out little boy.
if you define bravery as being fearless enough to think that swimming in the Mediterranean to reach Italy is a great idea then yeah...we ain't that brave
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
Chauke:

If South Africa is such a horrible place for Nigerians why are still here?

Because some Nigerians can't accept reality... and get out of South Africa which is the rape capital and HIV capital of the world.
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Chauke(m): 9:45pm On Apr 25, 2017
NubiLove:

Because some Nigerians can't accept reality... and get out of South Africa which is the rape capital and HIV capital of the world.

One important point nobody invited an infestation of nigerians to South Africa.

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 25, 2017
NubiLove:

says a person from a country where people eat human organs and decapitate others for sport...

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Guk: 10:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
Charlie31:
I am Nigerian and a regular Netflorist customer and must say their service has been exceptional. I find it hard to believe this story. You should give us the real reason you are having problems with your order. Your response is typical of many Nigerians, very confrontational when all you probably need to do is ask for clarification. Why did you even send your proof of address and ID? What type of card did you use? Credit? Debit? International or local card? Something must have triggered suspicion. Please, tell us the real issue and stop making us all look uncivilized. We already have enough to deal with here because of our dodgy countrymen.

I concur with you. 2 things stand out: (1) No genuine online company will ask you to send the details of the back of you card (2) Orders above a certain amount can trigger extra verification and they are in the position to reject your patronage. His money shall be returned to eventually.

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by maklelemakukula(m): 1:39am On Apr 26, 2017
zolapower:
Don't know why Nigerians still do business with dis Pooh called south Africa. Does it mean we don't av champagne and flower in other part of the world ? That serves the customer right anyways . Next time make do with what u av. U want to come up here one day and show off like that davido billionaire friend who insulted Davido for spending 11m in one night,with the champagne u bought abi.
D person stays in southafrica. Smh
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Lionessza(f): 5:50am On Apr 26, 2017
joshkiddies:
A Nigerian man has taken to Instagram, @Skinnochi, to blast a South African delivery company, 'netflorist', of having a xenophobic agenda against Nigerians.

According to Skinnochi, he ordered for a bottle of champagne and flowers from the company, but got a reply of they not being comfortable selling to him, even after he had submitted his I.D and proof of address.

Here's what he wrote;

"In case you are thinking of ordering gifts from www.netflorist.co.za and you are BLACK or worse still not South African they will be UNCOMFORTABLE to sell to you"

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/04/we-feel-uncomfortable-selling-to-you.html

Usual frustrated rants are expected; Hiv, white gods , we hate their country, Nigeria is better, inferiority complex , jealousy, our troops died fighting for them , if only we had electricity , they need us more , we should make our immigration laws stricter for them , ugly people, xenophobia etc grin grin grin. Never disappointed grin >

2 Likes

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Lionessza(f): 5:51am On Apr 26, 2017
eleojo23:
South Africans need deliverance from inferiority complex.

grin grin grin
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Lionessza(f): 5:52am On Apr 26, 2017
;
holluphemydavid:
dis south african self,cant we do without boycott dem or wot..am not understanding

grin grin grin
Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Lionessza(f): 5:53am On Apr 26, 2017
MARKone:
We are architects of our own problems. Nigerians can be dubious sha.

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Lionessza(f): 5:54am On Apr 26, 2017
onadana:
Until you people learn to appreciate and stay in your counter Nigeria. You folks will continue to be seen as bed bugs....

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Lionessza(f): 5:56am On Apr 26, 2017
madjune:
The average Nigerian is sneaky when it comes to stuff about trust and integrity.

Fact. I don't blame foreigners.

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Lionessza(f): 5:59am On Apr 26, 2017
Curry30:
The hatred I have for that country is immense.

Everything about South Africa irritates me. Their ugly names, faces, language...everything

Shame, Nigerian govt still jokes with them by allowing MTN & DSTV do business here.

Useless nation.

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Lionessza(f): 6:00am On Apr 26, 2017
umarshehu58:
If SA thinks they are not Africans, let them relocate na. Sick people

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Lionessza(f): 6:00am On Apr 26, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Till Nigerians start striving to be good ambassadors of Nigeria where ever they find themselves this will continue to happen ..I am a Nigerian and I also get apprehensive when I get dealing with a fellow Nigerian

1 Like

Re: South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man by Lionessza(f): 6:01am On Apr 26, 2017
mansakhalifa:
More nonsense coming from the Republic of South Xenophobia. Truth is those guys haven't seen the light. Your country is dominated by the descendants of European settlers yet whenever you want to vent your frustrations you turn on your fellow blacks who backed you during the apartheid struggles. Why? Because you are so scared of confronting your 'white' gods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banks And Blood Money. / Which Business Can One Do With ₦1.5 Million? / Gtbank Launches Nigeria’s First Virtual Mastercard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.