Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight - Sports (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight (106965 Views)

Anthony Joshua Poses With His Title Belts - WBA, IBF, IBO And WBO / Anthony Joshua Vs Joseph Parker Heavyweight Fight Confirmed For March 31 / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by BiafranBushBoy: 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Cunninlinguist:
I like the the boy but deontay is on another level. He should resist every temptation to face him. He isn't ready. Yet

You mean wilder??

Joshua will win that guy!!

That guy fights like a street tout!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by SirShymexx: 11:18pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Respect bro !! grin grin

You predicted right.

That uppercut from AJ in round 11 was epic.

Lol, but I was scared towards the end of the 5th round and throughout the 6th. grin

My nyggah celebrated too early and got rocked by a left hook. His inexperience showed there and Wlad pummeled him. And the 6th round was scary as fvck. I was just praying for him to get through that 6th round.

Once he made the 7th...I knew he would dig deep and bounce back like he did against Dillian Whyte. That just shows his inner abilities, perseverance, and it shows he wants it bad.

Scary and great fight, regardless. Proud of AJ, brev. grin

Wlad still has it...Fury's just an awkward/lanky fighter you can't get comfortable with in the ring and since he's like 6'9, he's difficult to jab consistently. And Wlad's strength lies with his jabs. Hat off to Wlad.

But AJ is the KING!!!! AJ for PRESIDENT!!! grin 19 fights - 19KO. FEMI!!!!

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by bakynes(m): 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
Nickizoe:
God bless ENGLAND too.. The people who believed in him....
Yes God Save the Queen, England is home for me too I love my two cities Las Gidi and London Town

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

Great win but AJ effed up...his inexperience and poor coaching showed in this fight. Thank God he was able to dig deep and wait patiently for the opportunity.

He celebrated too early in the 5th round after he knocked Wlad down and he almost lost the fight at the end of that round and the 6th round. His coach also never showed him how to take away Wlad highly effective and destructive jabs.

AJ the warrior came through and showed a lot of heart. Great experience for him moving forward.

LOL at the street in him came out after the fight when he had the mic - he spoke like a proper Londoner, unlike all the other times when he's cosmetic and trying to sound professional/posh. Wlad showed him what boxing is about and he had to get loose.

Proud of my brother.

WHO IS NEXT TO STEP IN THE LION'S DEN? CHAT SHIIT, GET BANG!!! grin

AJ FOR PRESIDENT!!! grin

And don't say he didn't rep naija - he came to the ring with a naija flag with someone on his entourage!

Great analysis bruv.

The Londoner in him shone through.

This match will make AJ a better fighter as he reached real deep into strengths he never knew he possessed.

There are also many lessons to be learnt by AJ from this fight. He needs to really work on his stamina. At a point, you could tell he was exhausted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by DaPuncline: 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
AJ is a fraud.
Omo ale. You can go ahead and bring ur wretched and useless father to the ring to box AJ. Useless and bastard nonentity.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Phi001(m): 11:20pm On Apr 29, 2017
Pic of the day...

And the streak continues...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
Day11:
AJ with Jose after the match grin

Oga it aint this match
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by deedeedee1: 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Na wetin I dey tell dis tiger claw scar faced people but dem no wan hear me. Deontay go chop de guy finish for 3rd round. Dis AJ na bolor
lols see the way you sharply changed mouth. Were you not the one mocking yoruba people when vlad had the upper hand in the 6th round. Baba go sit down one place joor!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by purplekayc(m): 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
tifany89:

Bros been waiting for this match since last year. Am so fucking happy man
who is winning
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by lanrayco(m): 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
kelechi17:
I love and support Aj buh I hate d fraud Nigeria we can b beta as separate countries
. Better as a separate countries and be led by same thieves?.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Cunninlinguist: 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

You mean wilder??

Joshua will win that guy!!

That guy fights like a street tout!!
What of Fury and Bellew?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by tifany89(m): 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
paradigmshift:
Floyd Mayweather no go last 3round here.
loading Floyd Mayweather vs Joshua..
I love this guy abeg..
Haba u nor like Floyd? Abi him offend you. Him n Joshua nor dey d same category na

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by willian10: 11:21pm On Apr 29, 2017
Funjosh:

Lolz them Don finish the fight Bros.
Who won
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by babwilms(m): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
Anthony Joshua needed a KO to win the match or else Klitschko had won already. I think Klitschko's won all the rounds except maybe 2 rounds.

Congrats Joshua. Still think he needs to improve (Not convinced)
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

Lol, but I was scared towards the end of the 5th round and throughout the 6th. grin

My nyggah celebrated too early and got rocked by a left hook. His inexperience showed there and Wlad pummeled him. And the 6th round was scary as fvck. I was just praying for him to get through that 6th round.

Once he made the 7th...I knew he would dig deep and bounce back like he did against Dillian Whyte. That just shows his inner abilities, perseverance, and it shows he wants it bad.

Wlad still has it...Fury's just an awkward/lanky fighter you can't get comfortable with in the ring and since he's like 6'9, he's difficult to jab consistently. And Wlad's strength lies with his jabs. Hat off to Wlad.

I thought AJ had lost it in the 6th round. He was so tired that he couldn't even throw a single punch.

WK really fought well. If the fight had gone to round 12, he might have won on points.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
DaPuncline:

you can go and die omo ale.
Did what he said worth death
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by DanseMacabre(m): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
Klitschko think say na Samuel Peter him dey fight. No know say Afonja different from Akpan.

Abeg rugged you our Afonja brother. Eh, we must to claim you even if na Union Jack you dey fly.

Bash Ali loading. . .

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by sniperwolf(m): 11:22pm On Apr 29, 2017
UyiIredia:

Na knockout. I sas following live updates on 2 sites. One useless one mistakenly said it was TKO. But I have co firmed it was a knockout. Joshua ullercut Klitchsko then was punching him before he could recover till the ref intervened. Knockout. Klitchsko messed up. He had the chance to do so to AJ but didn't.

It is called TKO if the ref intervenes. KO is when the fighter can't beat the count
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ridwan1821: 11:23pm On Apr 29, 2017
Congrats Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua (A.K.A AJ)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Day11(m): 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
foladj:

Oga it aint this match

Were you there?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by SirShymexx: 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Great analysis bruv.

The Londoner in him shone through.

This match will make AJ a better fighter as he reached real deep into strengths he never knew he possessed.

There are also many lessons to be learnt by AJ from this fight. He needs to really work on his stamina. At a point, you could tell he was exhausted.

Definitely, especially since he came into this fight very heavy at 17 stones.

He needs to get leaner and work on his cardio. And also be more careful in the ring when he's throwing those fast combinations and he has the edge. He gets carried away too easily like he's fighting a street fight. He did the same against Dillian Whyte and got caught with that wild left hook that almost knocked him out. And the same thing happened tonight.

However, he knows how to dig deep and get himself going whenever he faces adversity and that's one quality that shows his tenacity, heart, and what true champions are made of. Once he survived the 6th round - I just knew he would come back and he did slowly in round 9 before he got loose again in rounds 10 and 11. WARRIOR!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by davodyguy: 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
SirShymexx:

That would be in 2023. I'm proud being Afonja

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Cunninlinguist: 11:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
Day11:
AJ with Jose after the match grin
cheesy Jose no go prepare for your match 2moro
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by BiafranBushBoy: 11:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
Fact remians that...

AJ is a good fighter... I have watched his fights and I know the Boy is Good!!

To those shouting Detonay Wilder... By the time Joshua is through with him... he wont remember his way to America again!!

Meanwhile... I no see blood for this match sha!! angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by DPsalmist2(m): 11:25pm On Apr 29, 2017
The Heavyweight division is finally back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
Anthony Joshua tried. To beat the much experienced klitchsko was no mere feat. I really love the conditioning and pounds of lean muscle tissues on his frame. It is rare to see boxers in the heavy weight category been conditioned.
He still has a lot to learn in the boxing ring.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by diplomat058(m): 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
tifany89:

Guy just shut up please. Don't spoil this thread with your tribal bigotry. Everybody supported him whether good or bad so just take several seats plz
Just shut it already!
its so easy to say that now because the Afonja man won.

You claim you aren't riddled with tribal bigotry but you failed to see that Egbon Akin's post was reactionary to a flatron's demeaning/mockery of our Afonja Joshua. So much for your non bigotic, neutral self-----HYPOCRISY.

Joshua isn't a commonwealth and we dont wanna nigerianise him as the principles of federal character and quota system aren't applicable here

He is a confirmed OMO KAARO, OJIIRE by blood!
Thanks

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by AkinPhysicist: 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Mrchippychappy:

Una dey happy sey 27 year old pikin beat old man wen be the same age as Bash Ali, na wa o!

grin grin grin No be u say the old papa go beat am before? Why you come dey complain now? grin grin grin

grin grin grin I know say e pain you die - but give it sometime the pain will reduce. Ipob yoot, we know you were hoping for AJ's loss grin grin grin

Biko where is that Dino's pic (Aje ku iya)?

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by aviationguy: 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
wow Anthony Joshua has made history to beats vitali kliscko,its incredible.... is strong and fit to won the match tonight....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by BiafranBushBoy: 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Cunninlinguist:
What of Fury and Bellew?

Fury don drop title run na cheesy cheesy cheesy

But I have seen AJ.. even though I thought he would lose by points as Waldmir wanted... but he got his chance and took it well!!

But Wilder would be humbled by Joshua!!

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by naptu2: 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
And now on DBN/Kwese Sports.

Beach soccer world cup.

Nigeria vs Mexico.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by engrMikemd(m): 11:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
ednut1:
which of the mike Tyson. Lewis and evander beat him all day
in his prime nobody dares him, ask Larry Holmes 1986 when Tyson was 20 years old. he is the only boxer who doesn't dance in the ring and he takes fight to his opponent. my favorite boxer

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

Sadio Mane's Phone With Cracked Screen Shocks Fans (Photos) / Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.