Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight - Sports (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight (106971 Views)

Anthony Joshua Poses With His Title Belts - WBA, IBF, IBO And WBO / Anthony Joshua Vs Joseph Parker Heavyweight Fight Confirmed For March 31 / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 30, 2017
YungJo207:

Oya make we no agrue too much help me post picture of bother players after the fight.

Bro , really if u watch the game, klitscko really beat him forget, klitscko showed him he us not an easy meat to chew...
Perseverance,tenacity and determination just saw the young man through, klitscko gave him what he has never seen before in the ring since he started fighting , he was put down in the 6th round, it took him 8 counts to stand up.
In round 5 and 6 , he was gasping...
I really respect klitscko bro, the man showed him class, he was just destined to win, his hardworj was exceptional . and all the fans were just for him(A.J) including my humble self , when I saw him down 6th round, my mind left me , I felt so sad...
But thank God , we won.. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 6:52am On Apr 30, 2017
SirShymexx:
For those who think the guy doesn't care about naij despite how he shows off his African tattoo, with naija shaded on it, how he alludes to naija all the time, and the fact that he actually wanted to fight for naija before he was rejected - he might fight Wilder in Nigeria if everything works out fine.

Nigeria apparently sent emissaries to speak to him recently about fighting in Nigeria and his promoter, Eddie Hearn, said if the price is right, it's a high possibility. His parents (especially his dad) also want him to fight in Nigeria. So, if and when the Wilder fight happens, it might be in Nigeria. But he isn't going to fight Fury in Nigeria because that's a British classic that will most likely break all records.

Enjoy the knockout by the King of Boxing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTpa8uJEcww

grin grin grin grin grin

If he agrees for nigeria to host the fight, that would be WICKED bruv!!! grin

Especially, if it's done in Ogun State. cool grin

I really love how he reps Naija all the time. There is not a single iota of doubt that he is super proud of his naija roots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by tifany89(m): 6:53am On Apr 30, 2017
paradigmshift:

which category ? . Mayweather na business man. Joshua go beat am well . or u think say Mayweather go fit beat Klitschko

That is what I meant na. Na die for may weather be dat. Him too small for Joshua to handle. If him last pass the fifth round I go declare am winner cheesy
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by tifany89(m): 6:59am On Apr 30, 2017
diplomat058:
Just shut it already!
its so easy to say that now because the Afonja man won.

You claim you aren't riddled with tribal bigotry but you failed to see that Egbon Akin's post was reactionary to a flatron's demeaning/mockery of our Afonja Joshua. So much for your non bigotic, neutral self-----HYPOCRISY.

Joshua isn't a commonwealth and we dont wanna nigerianise him as the principles of federal character and quota system aren't applicable here

He is a confirmed OMO KAARO, OJIIRE by blood!
Thanks
Am sure u r here making noise because he won. If had lost people like u wld v been no where around here so just keep kwayet dere. Joshua has supporters that have been following his fights even if he was from Pluto. Fairweather supporters dat is wat u are mtcheweew. Someone they keep addressing as British boxer and u r here giving urself unnecessary headache. Smh

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Ralphlauren(m): 7:02am On Apr 30, 2017
SirShymexx:

I shouldn't be shitting on my Peckham brother, but David Haye is done after the bum, Tony Bellew beat him. Haye only came back because he made bad business decisions and lost a lot of money. He just wanted to ride the hype to a big check. But destiny failed him and he can't come back. AJ won't fight him and he has too many nagging injuries.

Fury would be a decent fight but I don't think he should fight Fury now. Fury needs at least two fights with decent opponents to build the hype for the fight. I think he needs to unify the division and fight Deontay Wilder.

Wilder's limited and he doesn't have any jab, apart from throwing wild punches and relying on his big right. So, AJ should beat him easily. That's an easy fight for AJ. Then after that, a fight with Fury at Wembley would break the world record for attendance. grin

I doubt Wlad would want a rematch with the type of beating he took tonight... he'll most likely retire.

Such a big shame at what has happened to David Haye. I thought he would actually be at Wembley to watch AJ's fight. Maybe he's still on clutches undecided

I never knew he had financial issues. Didn't he learn from the mistakes of Mike Tyson and co. Smh. I remember once reading that his credit card was declined at a restaurant but I thought it must have been some mistake from his bank.

If and when he recovers from the terrible injury he sustained, he might give boxing one last shot. Who knows? He might finally agree to fight Cannon Briggs grin grin That grandpa is obsessed with David Haye and badly wants to fight him. It's obvious Briggs is also looking for one final heavy pay check.

Fury has been quiet of late. Has he recovered from his mental health issues? Dude is a clown but he needs to keep his mouth shut and stay off controversial topics. Most Brits are homophobic in private but won't hesitate to dig their claws into any one that airs their homophobic views publicly.

Deontay looked good last night. grin I was loving all his bling. Especially his bracelets. They shone so much and kept dazzling through my TV screen. I haven't watched much of his fights so I can't really say much about his boxing ability but looking at physique, he is no match for AJ.

I actually expected more A listers at this fight. Especially the Americans. I thought Mayweather would be at Wembley undecided

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by tifany89(m): 7:03am On Apr 30, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

mumu - everybody? stop fooling yourself (see what your ipob yoot posted below). Now GTFO my mentions

And you know he is ipob, how? So someone made a comment about not supporting Joshua and that person must be Igbo? Access yourself; do u sound intelligent? If Joshua should read these comments he will wowed by u guys. This guy isn't even flying Nigeria flag and y'all have to go tribal about it. Very pathetic
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 30, 2017
Where are does ajeh okuta ma mu omi descendants

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by YonkijiSappo: 7:21am On Apr 30, 2017
Justiceleague1:

dont mind that omo nna jawe..Anthony might be Nnamdi or Akpan or MUMUni or Ojo or Edionwe or Dele or MUFUtau or Ango..he may even have been born in MUMbai...buh one thing is sure,hes proudly naija,abi béékò? È fi àwón haters ko ma hate lò,òmó iyà

grin
sai AJ

Who cares what you think?
He could be Lateef Oluwafemi or Festus Oluwaseun all na O'Odua 100%

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Homers123(m): 7:29am On Apr 30, 2017
paradigmshift:

what do you mean by category.
Mayweather is Weatherweight not heavyweight

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by alist(m): 7:50am On Apr 30, 2017
Epic battle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 30, 2017
PaulKillerman:

Bro , really if u watch the game, klitscko really beat him forget, klitscko showed him he us not an easy meat to chew...
Perseverance,tenacity and determination just saw the young man through, klitscko gave him what he has never seen before in the ring since he started fighting , he was put down in the 6th round, it took him 8 counts to stand up.
In round 5 and 6 , he was gasping...
I really respect klitscko bro, the man showed him class, he was just destined to win, his hardworj was exceptional . and all the fans were just for him(A.J) including my humble self , when I saw him down 6th round, my mind left me , I felt so sad...
But thank God , we won.. grin

This's from a professional white journalist.

The key word is referee saved him from more punishment.

Who do u think that he was referring to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by GMbuharii: 7:58am On Apr 30, 2017
YonkijiSappo:

Who cares what you think?
He could be Lateef Oluwafemi or Festus Oluwaseun all na O'Odua 100%

yessoo,Oluwaseun,OluwaMUMUni,Oluwasegun,OluwaMUFUtau,Olusegun,...all na proudly koneheds grin grin

sai AJ joor..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by diplomat058(m): 7:59am On Apr 30, 2017
tifany89:

Am sure u r here making noise because he won. If had lost people like u wld v been no where around here so just keep kwayet dere. Joshua has supporters that have been following his fights even if he was from Pluto. Fairweather supporters dat is wat u are mtcheweew. Someone they keep addressing as British boxer and u r here giving urself unnecessary headache. Smh
Briton, Russian or German, just like jews, what really matters is that he has a yoruba blood flowing through his veins.

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by YonkijiSappo: 8:07am On Apr 30, 2017
GMbuharii:

yessoo,Oluwaseun,OluwaMUMUni,Oluwasegun,OluwaMUFUtau,Olusegun,...all na proudly koneheds grin grin

sai AJ joor..

Just don't add Oluwaflattino and we will be fine.
I wonder why this NL does not have block and ignore functions sef..... sigh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Bakrabas: 8:11am On Apr 30, 2017
And Samuel Peter never get igbo man blood for him
Vein

Hmmmmm

tifany89:

Lol abeg I like dat guy. Him get Igbo man blood for him vein
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Bsmartt(m): 8:40am On Apr 30, 2017
I'm delighted our brother Anthony Oluwafemi Olaseni Joshua won the match. #A.J

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by ednut1(m): 8:45am On Apr 30, 2017
SirShymexx:
For those who think the guy doesn't care about naij despite how he shows off his African tattoo, with naija shaded on it, how he alludes to naija all the time, and the fact that he actually wanted to fight for naija before he was rejected - he might fight Wilder in Nigeria if everything works out fine.

Nigeria apparently sent emissaries to speak to him recently about fighting in Nigeria and his promoter, Eddie Hearn, said if the price is right, it's a high possibility. His parents (especially his dad) also want him to fight in Nigeria. So, if and when the Wilder fight happens, it might be in Nigeria. But he isn't going to fight Fury in Nigeria because that's a British classic that will most likely break all records.

Enjoy the knockout by the King of Boxing here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTpa8uJEcww

grin grin grin grin grin

haba bros how will they make any money coming to stage d fight in Nigeria. Hearn would never do that. No more Mobutu Seseko in africa dat will pay silly money for them to come africa to host boxing match. Wembley tickets alone was 8m pounds. Where u wan see 8m pounds in ticket sales in Nigeria.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by ebby9z(m): 9:24am On Apr 30, 2017
It's pathetic that Nigerians turn everything into tribal feuds. Who cares whether he's Yoruba or Igbo or Fulani. It's the height of intellectual emptiness to be turning every post into tribal warring fields. I'm disappointed
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by shumuel(m): 10:31am On Apr 30, 2017
naptu2:

I slept off when it was Mexico 3-2 Nigeria, but I heard that we won 4-5.

Same; but i switched off the TV and went to bed.

Really ? Wow that was a great comeback, from two goals down grin
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 30, 2017
ebby9z:
It's pathetic that Nigerians turn everything into tribal feuds. Who cares whether he's Yoruba or Igbo or Fulani. It's the height of intellectual emptiness to be turning every post into tribal warring fields. I'm disappointed
Nigeria is filled with dummies , it surprising to know u are just realising...
People more guided by your tribal or religious affiliation than your substance only goes to show their dismal level of thinking and intellect.

Its surprising for me to know u re just acknowledging Nigerians (and blacks by extension) as block headed and timid
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by ebby9z(m): 10:59am On Apr 30, 2017
PaulKillerman:

Nigeria is filled with dummies , it surprising to know u are just realising...
People more guided by your tribal or religious affiliation than your substance only goes to show their dismal level of thinking and intellect.

Its surprising for me to know u re just acknowledging Nigerians (and blacks by extension) as block headed and timid
I'm not just realising it tho, but it's becoming increasingly irritating. If Britain can embrace a black Nigerian to fight in her country without racial prejudice, then Africans have a long way to go to realise people are who they are irrespective of their ethnicity. Nigerians are becoming increasingly petty anf devoid of intellect.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by engrMikemd(m): 11:04am On Apr 30, 2017
ednut1:
prime shouldn't be 20 years na cheesy grin. Lewis na him baba
bro u don't no nothing about boxing
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by SirShymexx: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2017
ednut1:
haba bros how will they make any money coming to stage d fight in Nigeria. Hearn would never do that. No more Mobutu Seseko in africa dat will pay silly money for them to come africa to host boxing match. Wembley tickets alone was 8m pounds. Where u wan see 8m pounds in ticket sales in Nigeria.

I believe they're asking for £15 million to cover that and I'm sure some rich folks in naija won't mind paying it. And if the ticket prices aren't too crazy, 100,000 out of over 150 million heads in naij should be able to afford it in a city like Abuja or Lagos. Naij folks just need to save up. grin

But there's a possibility if the price is right, tho.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by ednut1(m): 11:32am On Apr 30, 2017
SirShymexx:

I believe they're asking for £15 million to cover that and I'm sure some rich folks in naija won't mind paying it. And if the ticket prices aren't too crazy, 100,000 out of over 150 million heads in naij should be able to afford it in a city like Abuja or Lagos. Naij folks just need to save up. grin

But there's a possibility if the price is right, tho.
no chance abeg. Who go pay 15m.when 90% of our rich men are bank debtors. See as Wilder just dey make himself visible. Bro don tire to dey earn 800k-1m fighting cab drivers, bin men and co grin

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by SirShymexx: 11:49am On Apr 30, 2017
Ralphlauren:

Such a big shame at what has happened to David Haye. I thought he would actually be at Wembley to watch AJ's fight. Maybe he's still on clutches undecided

I never knew he had financial issues. Didn't he learn from the mistakes of Mike Tyson and co. Smh. I remember once reading that his credit card was declined at a restaurant but I thought it must have been some mistake from his bank.

If and when he recovers from the terrible injury he sustained, he might give boxing one last shot. Who knows? He might finally agree to fight Cannon Briggs grin grin That grandpa is obsessed with David Haye and badly wants to fight him. It's obvious Briggs is also looking for one final heavy pay check.

Fury has been quiet of late. Has he recovered from his mental health issues? Dude is a clown but he needs to keep his mouth shut and stay off controversial topics. Most Brits are homophobic in private but won't hesitate to dig their claws into any one that airs their homophobic views publicly.

Deontay looked good last night. grin I was loving all his bling. Especially his bracelets. They shone so much and kept dazzling through my TV screen. I haven't watched much of his fights so I can't really say much about his boxing ability but looking at physique, he is no match for AJ.

I actually expected more A listers at this fight. Especially the Americans. I thought Mayweather would be at Wembley undecided

Haye is still salty his achilles failed him against a bum like Tony Bellew and messed up an opportunity for a big cheque. And even before he tore his achilles in that fight, he was all over the place looking to land a big right. Haye is more of a hustler and since there's no money involved anymore, he isn't interested. grin

Yes, he made some terrible business decisions and I believe he lost millions, hence he came back. He didn't waste his money the way Tyson did - just bad investments. And I don't think his body can hold up anymore because he has a lot of nagging injuries. No one is going to fight Shannon Briggs - he's too dangerous with nothing to lose. So, there's no point fighting the man, since he won't add anything to their resume.

Fury is going to come back for AJ. They both need the fight and the money. But I don't think it will happen this year. That's a fight for next year. Fury needs 1 or 2 decent fights. And AJ also needs to fight 1 half-decent fighter before Fury. But if they can make AJ and Wilder before that, it would be interesting. I believe AJ can beat wilder and he's the easier option because Fury is tall, lanky, and awkward. Wilder is more of a yank hype job than a boxer. So, AJ won't have a problem knocking him out if he can avoid his wild right. Wilder also has no jab which is a plus for AJ.

Yanks don't really like travelling and they believe they own boxing. AJ needs to fight in Vegas to win them over. If he can fight Jennings or Wilder in Vegas and knock either of them out, he's going to become a big thing there and they will start gravitating towards him more. Regardless, American TV gave AJ a big cheque after the Chris Martin fight and a lot of them already know about him. He just needs to fight there and win them over. And I believe they're working on that.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by AkinPhysicist: 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
tifany89:

And you know he is ipob, how? So someone made a comment about not supporting Joshua and that person must be Igbo? [s]Access yourself; do u sound intelligent? If Joshua should read these comments he will wowed by u guys. This guy isn't even flying Nigeria flag and y'all have to go tribal about it. Very pathetic[/s]

Absolute thrash from a certified olodo - how? Because, I know from 100s of his previous post on Nairaland. If you don't know something abeg shut up

And see your hypocritical sef below - Idioata!

tifany89:

Lol abeg I like dat guy. Him get Igbo man blood for him vein

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by AkinPhysicist: 12:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mujtahida:

You are no better than that chippychappy guy. Bushman

Mumini - defending your family, friends, tribe, nationality or country is RIGHTEOUS. Try it sometime.

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by GeneralOjukwu: 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
Klitshcko beat the shit out of Samuel Peters, a Biafran....

Anthony Joshua, a Nigerian revenged.

BIAFRANS SHOULD THANK NIGERIANS

Bow down to someone greater than you like Klitschko did

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by babwilms(m): 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
@philistine

You are a fool.
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by colossus91(m): 3:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
if nt for britain naso joshua for just end um like bash ali wey him village witch done give kolomenta ok bye......
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by DanseMacabre(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
UyiIredia:

He actually flew the Nigerian flag.

I actually meant that symbolically bro. But double thumbs up for him if he repped 9ja.

Where's that Patrice Evra 'tiri gbosa' meme when you need it?
Re: Anthony Joshua Beats Wladimir Klitschko: WBA Heavyweight Fight by tifany89(m): 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

Absolute thrash from a certified olodo - how? Because, I know from 100s of his previous post on Nairaland. If you don't know something abeg shut up

And see your hypocritical sef below - Idioata!

And you are what? Smart? Plz spare me the bullshit. If u were half a bit sensible as u would want us to believe den u should have known under wat context my comment was made. Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Sadio Mane's Phone With Cracked Screen Shocks Fans (Photos) / Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.