Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,468 members, 7,958,430 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours (30804 Views)

Emefiele: Borders To Remain Closed Until Neighbouring Countries Meet Conditions / Aregbesola Directs NIS To Issue Passport Within 48 Hours / Nnia Nwodo Writes Nnamdi Kanu, Denies Allegation Of Being Fulani Stooge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by AbuEzeFemi(m): 8:50pm On Apr 25, 2017
The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has denied a media report that he rejected the bail granted him on Tuesday by the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court.

Mr. Kanu and three others, David Nwawuisi, Benjamin Madubugwu and Chidiebere Onwudiwe, are facing trial before the court on allegations of treason, among other charges.

Mr. Kanu was granted bail on health grounds with 12 conditions attached to the bail by the presiding judge, Binta Nyako.

Although the request for bail was by all four defendants, only Mr. Kanu’s bail was approved, with the listed conditions.

There have since been media reports that Mr. Kanu rejected the bail because his co-defendants were not allowed bail.

But in an exclusive interview with PREMIUM TIMES, Mr. Kanu’s lawyer, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, said the report that his client rejected the bail was all rumours.

“It’s all rumours. Were you not in court?” Mr. Ejiofor asked PREMIUM TIMES. “How could he have rejected the bail, when he didn’t do that in open court? It’s rumours. Know that now!”

Regarding the bail, Mr. Ejiofor said Mr. Kanu will meet the conditions within 48 hours but warned that any attempt by government to afterward deny his client bail would be vehemently resisted.

“Nnamdi Kanu was granted bail. The court has listed a number of terms and conditions that we believe will be complied with within 48 hours.

“Any attempt by government to flout this court order must be resisted. In fact, it will bring to an end this trial. Because we will opt out. We will not allow him to continue with the trial.
“And the court has made it quite clear that its orders must be obeyed. You saw what happened today how the court made an order for Nnamdi Kanu’s wedding ring to be given to him along with his eyeglasses; which was complied with.
“So that time (of rejecting bail conditions) has passed, we believe”, Mr. Ejiofor said.
An order for Mr. Kanu to be given his wedding ring and his eye glasses was immediately complied with by the authorities on Tuesday.
A lot of Mr. Kanu’s supporters were seen jubilating outside the courtroom, following the ruling.
The Nigerian government has not spoken on whether or not it would honour the bail if the conditions are met. The government has in the past refused to honour bails granted some politically exposed persons including ex- National Security Adviser Sambo Dasuki and Shiite leader Ibrahim El-Zakzaky.
source

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/229614-nnamdi-kanu-denies-rejecting-bail-pledges-meet-conditions-48-hours.html

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Mophasa(m): 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ftc dedicated to all the good people of biafra and the greatest yoruba man dead or alive Peter Ayodele Fayose aka Oshokomole

Mazi Nnamdi kanu should try and meet up the bail conditions and enjoy his freedom

His colleagues will be released in due time

Afonjas will not like this... sad

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by AbuEzeFemi(m): 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
Nigeria must be great again

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by AbuEzeFemi(m): 8:53pm On Apr 25, 2017
front page please

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by DickDastardly(m): 8:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by dunkem21(m): 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2017
48 hours cool

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by ademega(m): 9:00pm On Apr 25, 2017
How would he reject it?? He dey crazy??
U cant compare kuje with even face me I face u.
But the guy bleeped up. He go pretend say e sick.
It reminds me when I no wan go somewhere then when I was small, I then fringed sickness. To kanu, I say weldon sir.. But that is not how to fight it.
Ask Nelson Mandela.. 29 years no be beans
Mko too had to end it all in prison so, u no do well at all.
And to the other too foolish guys that couldn't fring sickness u go suffer most. So u were playing ball when kanu was shaking and vomiting in pretence ko?

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
Flat heads are never united.

10 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by nairalandfreak(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
What should we believe now?
IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu rejects bail
https://www./news/9292-ipob-leader-nnamdi-kanu-rejects-bail.html

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Temmi001: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
LOL...
Indeed, Kuje is tough.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by hollawaley2: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2017

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Ajibel(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
So he'll leave his comrades behind?

On the other thread, they were like yes Nnamdi should reject the bail and he isn't a coward that would leave his colleagues.

Now, what

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Tazdroid(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
But those conditions tough pass kpomo oo.

It is frustration upon frustration.

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
So confusion don join their problems? Kuje is really the humbling land!
At last Kuje is going to be without a traditional ruler since Onikuje of Kuje will be leaving and has decided to ditch his comrades!
Frustration na bad thing o, konji na bastaard

29 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Tazdroid(m): 9:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
ademega:
How would he reject it?? He dey crazy??
U cant compare kuje with even face me I face u.
But the guy bleeped up. He go pretend say e sick.
It reminds me when I no wan go somewhere then when I was small, I then fringed sickness. To kanu, I say weldon sir.. But that is not how to fight it.
Ask Nelson Mandela.. 29 years no be beans
Mko too had to end it all in prison so, u no do well at all.
And to the other too foolish guys that couldn't fring sickness u go suffer most. So u were playing ball when kanu was shaking and vomiting in pretence ko?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Ptown(m): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
Biafla... is the greatest scam of the millenium.....

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Aburi001: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
Fayose is now assistance Lawyer for the IPOB shocked

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by 6toolz: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
my guy don tire to chop half done beans grin see him head like IBO people own

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Victornezzar: 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
Afonjas ryt now

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Khd95(m): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
Oba onikuje of kuje kingdom;P

16 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Alitair(m): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
Come and eat small home made my man. Only u is not biafra IPOB

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by photoshoot(m): 9:02pm On Apr 25, 2017
He thought about watery beans again grin grin crazy fella

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Hexzyz(m): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
good for him
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by EazyMoh(m): 9:03pm On Apr 25, 2017
which kind wahala be this one now?
They wan miss yarn on top d guy head.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by photoshoot(m): 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
Watch as the same people that applauded him for waiting back for his fellow comrades, calling him great, hero et al.. Applaud him again

17 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Viking007(m): 9:04pm On Apr 25, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by DollarAngel(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
AFONJAS RIGHT NOW

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by bigerboy200: 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
lol
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by photoshoot(m): 9:05pm On Apr 25, 2017
Ajibel:
So he'll leave his comrades behind?

On the other thread, they were like yes Nnamdi should reject the bail and he isn't a coward that would leave his colleagues.

Now, what

Lool don't mind them, let's see how they spin this around and still call him brave

17 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by snezBaba: 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
O Boy Kanu, Ur chest beating blodas no reason am like that o, dem don say dat ur action was strategic, so i don't understand dis one again. Bet i know dey will still spin it around sha.
He wont leave without his comrades{HaHaHahahaha}grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours by Waspy(m): 9:06pm On Apr 25, 2017
grin Nna go be like "Sowone kannot play with you again? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Has 99 Problems, But Twitter Not One Of Them - Fisayo Soyombo (Aljazeera) / Owo Attack: Women Summon God Of Iron & War To Get Justice For Worshippers / "I Didn't Give Approval For Launch Of Radio Biafra In America"– Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.