Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,372 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra (50271 Views)

Fayose Declares Udom Winner Of PDP Governorship Primaries In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Buhari Is A Rejected President – Governor Fayose Declares / Ayo Fayose Declares Presidential Ambition Today In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by abbey72(m): 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
haha, this thing don they affect my governor again. ekiti part of Biafra, from where to where?
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by ofwest47(m): 12:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
I am sorry for the entire Ekiti people for having a dullard as their governor despite the level of education the Ekitis are known for. I don't know how people like late Prof. Sam Aluko the great Nigerian prof. of economics will be saying of dullard Fayose in his grave today.
I know when the time comes he will come to regret his actions but it all be too late for him to cry.
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
SIRmanjar:

I am not talking of sacrifice here am talking about there ancestors..where there ancestors migrated from,and again trying to point out there different way of life in terms of food..Ondos and sum part of ekiti eat dog meat back in the days which other yorubas don't. Do your research well,u will see.
I want a peaceful united Nigeria but if we can't live together as one then anybody is free to go.

I get you but you are not getting me and you should. Dog is associated with Ogun which is very popular deity in Ekiti, Edo and Ondo perhaps the reason why they ate it. hmm?
Nigeria is not existing on it's own power otherwise it would have separated since. The universe has us bond and if you're connected directly to the universe like most of us you will see it. Any individual is free to leave Nigeria, tribe, family, club or association to identify with another entity that is also recognized by the universe. Some of us already have a dual nationality some have denounced Nigeria for the other under whatever circumstances. It's no biggie and not new. You grab?
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by smalls001: 1:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
My broda Nothing tactical or sharp about his move......shows how shallow Fayose's thinking is.......

politeboy:
he is looking for every way to escape justice, i think biafra will accept ekiti so that fayose can evade justice and home with his loot. highly tactical move from fayose the sharp guy
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by femolii: 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fayose is a biafra tug.
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by willibounce1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2017
Fayose is just playing with the emotions of the ipods. He knows the very well.and understands their level of reasoning is quite low. They don't engage in critical thinking, only sentiments and emotional gibberish.

If fayose says ipods should forget about biafrua.d tomorrow, same flattinos praising him will curse him to death.
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
ALMUSTAQIM:
FAYOSE, THE FRUSTRATED GOVERNOR
BIAFRANS DON'T NEED YOU
THANK YOU
BIAFRANS MUST NEED HIM IN THEIR PONMO REPUBPIC.
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by 9jakool: 1:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
SIRmanjar:

Nah..pounded yam(inyoo) ad dog meat has bin the traditional food of ondo ad ekiti people. other yorubas eat pounded yam but ekiti ad ondos have been eating it for ages.
Mind u Ondo is not a pure yoruba state..Other yorubas copied the food from Ekiti ad ondo.
sorry to burst your bubble but Pounded yam is ingrained in other Yoruba groups as well. The Ijebu and remo people also mastered it as well. There is a special variant of iyan that Ijebu people are well known for as well as other yam dishes like ikokore and ojojo. Mind you, it's not due to influence because they were notorious for their strict isolationism compared to other Yoruba. Foreigners were not allowed to enter their kingdom. Iyan is simply Yoruba. Igbos didn't influence Ekiti culture and it wasn't until colonialism that they were widely known in Yorubaland. The similarities you see is due to correlation. It's a well known fact that Ekiti has a Christian majority with also the highest percentage of Catholics among Yoruba.

oh and as for ondo people not being "pure Yoruba," well I guess you don't know that the some of the oldest Yoruba settlements are not found in oyo, but in Eastern Yorubaland. And you should know that people from ondo speak dialects that are the closest to the original Yoruba language. Even among the distinct Ilaje, there exist the ugbo clan. Many of them would tell you that they are the original Yoruba.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by marv1: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
Khd95:
Pomo cutting Clown,u will tell us if u own ekiti state
. Useless gov of my state. How will he not be talking like a drunken man when he rules the state like an emperor. He is the only one that knows the finance of ekiti state. He has no commissioner of finance and accountant general in ekiti state. He is all in all. His sins will find him out when the time comes. Let him do his affiliations to any part of the world. He can not escape justice.
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by sapele914(m): 3:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
wirinet:
Fayose is just speaking for himself, he cannot speak for all Ekiti citizens, only a referendum can determine whether ekiti people want to join Biafra.
So according to IPOB youths, Ekiti people must decide in a referendum whether they want to continue to be slave of the Fulani or choose freedom with Biafra.
This is the main problem with Nigeria too many real and social media illiterates,nothing like a referendum in the Nigeria constitution or did you not do government in senior secondary school? 2/3 of the senate must approve any exit, 2/3 of each state house of assembly must approve to it and lastly the president must give his consent to it,which in my view is a near impossible task,the military did every thing by decrees that was why they were able to get away with what they did,the last time the civilians or politicians created any state was in 1963 when they carved out the mid western region (former Bendel State)now Delta and Edo States respectively from the old Western region, so those arguing for biafra must be on mental Crack and living a pipe dream,breaking up Nigeria has nothing to do with the president, the constitution has laid down the rules the people just have to apply themselves to the civil procedure if they do really want to exit Nigeria. Start a movement to get the senate to move a motion for secession that is the only way. Brothers go and get a life if you really care about yourself and family and forget these lazy man ideology of biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
ALMUSTAQIM:

BIAFRANS DON'T NEED YOU

THANK YOU

This came from ur mouth or anus..... we need a united south
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by Sammy07: 3:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
9jakool:

sorry to burst your bubble but Pounded yam is ingrained in other Yoruba groups as well. The Ijebu and remo people also mastered it as well. There is a special variant of iyan that Ijebu people are well known for as well as other yam dishes like ikokore and ojojo. Mind you, it's not due to influence because they were notorious for their strict isolationism compared to other Yoruba. Foreigners were not allowed to enter their kingdom. Iyan is simply Yoruba. Igbos didn't influence Ekiti culture and it wasn't until colonialism that they were widely known in Yorubaland. The similarities you see is due to correlation. It's a well known fact that Ekiti has a Christian majority with also the highest percentage of Catholics among Yoruba.

oh and as for ondo people not being "pure Yoruba," well I guess you don't know that the some of the oldest Yoruba settlements are not found in oyo, but in Eastern Yorubaland. And you should know that people from ondo speak dialects that are the closest to the original Yoruba language.. Even among the distinct Ilaje, there exist the ugbo clan. Many of them would tell you that they are the original Yoruba.

you are right @ the bolded, in my town (ondo town)
house is Uli
yam is usu
etc...

now Uli is the original word for house in Yoruba language

1 Like

Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by Bollinger(m): 3:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
Gerrard59:

grin grin grin grin grin

It's true na.
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by SIRmanjar(m): 3:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
9jakool:

oh and as for ondo people not being "pure Yoruba," well I guess you don't know that the some of the oldest Yoruba settlements are not found in oyo, but in Eastern Yorubaland. And you should know that people from ondo speak dialects that are the closest to the original Yoruba language. Even among the distinct Ilaje, there exist the ugbo clan. Many of them would tell you that they are the original Yoruba.

Here we go again..Of course Other yorubas eat pounded yam but they learnt it recently from ekiti ad ondo..Ijebus are known for garri not pounded yam you can ask any elderly ijebu man u know..Who thought the people of ondo and sum Ekitians the act of eating dog meat?There ancestors did..Which were not yorubas.

All the clan u mentioned as the oldest yoruba clan in ondo weren't pure yorubas back then.. They mixed with yorubas from osun ad ibadan and ogun state and I know dip inside you know that.Ok! even if they were pure yorubas back then that means that other tribes from bini,Ijo ad other eastern people migrated there and mixed with them..Through konkwest or maybe as refugees.
Which ever way it goes the bottom line of our discussion,is that they are mixed people because it's a border state..Mind you the word yoruba was first given to the people of oyo state by there hausa and nupe neighbours.
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by tayolove12(m): 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
Khd95:
Pomo cutting Clown,u will tell us if u own ekiti state

na your Papa get am
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by goldedprince: 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
where did he say it. this is why i hate naija bloggers. thunda fire una there
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by drfav(f): 5:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
seunmsg:

Oga, stop talking nonsense. I am from Ekiti state and I have absolutely no connection with biafra or ibo people. Fayose can claim biafra for whatever political gains that he can get from it but it should end there. Ekiti people are proudly Yoruba's and they are not connected or related to the ibo's in anyway.
I wish I can give u a million likes
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by Pharaoh9(m): 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2017
Amarabae:
IPOB will soon release a statement on how EKITI is originally called EKITIOMA, it was changed by lord lugard to Ekiti. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.*hide for cover*

You're a retardd
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by kelewu359(m): 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
I personally do not understand Governor Fayose, is this another drama or trying to play politics, I think his radicalism is going beyond normal.
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by janykute: 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
That means the oil and other mineral resources in ekiti belongs to biafrans since the oil in Bayelsa belongs to jigawa.
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by odamilola36(m): 6:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
yepah....Fayose is mad again......maybe na im papa get ekiti
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by 9jakool: 8:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
@ SIRmanjar
Here we go again..Of course Other yorubas eat pounded yam but they learnt it recently from ekiti ad ondo..Ijebus are known for garri not pounded yam you can ask any elderly ijebu man u know..Who thought the people of ondo and sum Ekitians the act of eating dog meat?There ancestors did..Which were not yorubas.

Lol it's obvious Ijebu love their garri and it would be wrong to say that that's the only food Ijebu are known for. I guess you haven't heard of iyan olomi. Ijebu mastered the art of cooking with the water yam which is grown abundantly in the region. Lol dog meat is a regional cuisine, that's all. Yorubaland is filled with regional cuisine.

All the clan u mentioned as the oldest yoruba clan in ondo weren't pure yorubas back then.. They mixed with yorubas from osun ad ibadan and ogun state and I know dip inside you know that.Ok! even if they were pure yorubas back then that means that other tribes from bini,Ijo ad other eastern people migrated there and mixed with them..Through konkwest or maybe as refugees.

I laugh at your attempt to distort other people's history. Yoruba expansion was not from west to east but rather east to west. Eastern parts of Yorubaland had the original Yoruba populations and settlements including Ile-ife. Yoruba people expanded in a westward direction. The displaced populations you were referring to were much more recent during the kiriji wars. Yes there are people with mixed origins. In Akoko, there are some communities who acknowledge their Bini ancestry and the Apoi and Arogbo who acknowledge their Ijaw ancestry. However this doesn't change the fact that the oldest Yoruba groups were from Ife-ondo-ekiti axis.

Which ever way it goes the bottom line of our discussion,is that they are mixed people because it's a border state..Mind you the word yoruba was first given to the people of oyo state by there hausa and nupe neighbours
Wrong again!!! The Songhai first gave the first accounts of "Yoruba." it was popularized by the Hausa. It referred to the Oyo empire which made up of Oyo, Ibolo,onko,yewa and igbomina speaking peoples. And in your attempt to distort history you forgot to realize that Igbomina were also referred to as Yoruba. The closest people to Igbomina people are the Ekiti not Oyo.
Next time pick up a book and not regurgitate rumors and self-made theories.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by 9jakool: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
Sammy07:

you are right @ the bolded, in my town (ondo town)
house is Uli
yam is usu
etc...

now Uli is the original word for house in Yoruba language
smiley exactly
uli and usu are also used in Owo.
in the original Yoruba language "u" can be used to start many nouns. This feature is found in Ondo, Ijebu, Ekiti, Ijesa, ife, and as far as parts of Kogi and kwara. For example, in the old yoruba spoken in ife, Oduduwa broken down into odu to da uwa. "uwa" is used instead of iwa.
The people in Ondo state and the adjoining area preserved many of the features from the old Yoruba language such as the u feature as well as Gw, Gh... These were simplified by the Yoruba who migrated westward into I and W respectively.
Another fact you should know is that many of the royal thrones in Ondo state predate Oyo. The Akure and Idanre throne for example predate the Oyo throne by several hundred years.
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by SIRmanjar(m): 10:09pm On Apr 26, 2017
9jakool:
@ SIRmanjar

Lol it's obvious Ijebu love their garri and it would be wrong to say that that's the only food Ijebu are known for. I guess you haven't heard of iyan olomi. Ijebu mastered the art of cooking with the water yam which is grown abundantly in the region. Lol dog meat is a regional cuisine, that's all. Yorubaland is filled with regional cuisine.

I laugh at your attempt to distort others history. Yoruba expansion was not from west to east but rather east to west. Eastern parts of Yorubaland had the original Yoruba populations and settlements including Ile-ife. Yoruba people expanded in a westward direction. The displaced populations you were referring to were much more recent during the kiriji wars. Yes there are people with mixed origins. In Akoko, there are some communities who acknowledge their Bini ancestry and the Apoi and Arogbo who acknowledge their Ijaw ancestry. However this doesn't change the fact that the oldest Yoruba groups are from Ife-ondo-ekiti axis.

Wrong again!!! The Songhai first gave the first accounts of "Yoruba." it was popularized by the Hausa. It referred to the Oyo empire which made up of Oyo, Ibolo,onko,yewa and igbomina speaking peoples. And in your attempt to distort history you forgot to realized that Igbomina were also referred to as Yoruba. The closest people to Igbomina people are the Ekiti not Oyo.
Next time pick up a book and not regurgitate rumors and self-made

If yoruba expansion started from the east that means Benins,Ijaws or any eastern group masterminded the movement.
Evry tribe have there own delicacy and ijebus are known for garri..Ekitians taught the ijebus the art of eating Iyan olomi and again dog meat belongs to people of the far eastern part of Nigeria ad you know dem so for that food to find its way into ondo ad ekiti means that it was introduced by the easterners.
Bro hausas not shongai empire gave yorubas dere name..Dont forget that Hausas where under shongai empire.
U know what please open a thread about our discussion,so others can contribute to this discussion cause as it is right now it seems we are running around in circles..
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by centoke30(m): 11:24pm On Apr 26, 2017
ALMUSTAQIM:

BIAFRANS DON'T NEED YOU

THANK YOU
and Biafra needs u?
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by fyneguy: 12:35am On Apr 27, 2017
wirinet:
Fayose is just speaking for himself, he cannot speak for all Ekiti citizens, only a referendum can determine whether ekiti people want to join Biafra.
So according to IPOB youths, Ekiti people must decide in a referendum whether they want to continue to be slave of the Fulani or choose freedom with Biafra.

I take God beg u. Don't insult Ekiti people.

Referendum say wetin happen na? E wa gbami ke! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by fratermathy(m): 2:11am On Apr 27, 2017
Very funny thread. I had my fair share of laughter here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Nigeria is made up of irredeemable clowns who think the world revolves around their aspirations.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by machinery1: 5:33am On Apr 27, 2017
Lobolintin:
From my chronological discoveries years back...

ONDO state has Easter.n blood.. Their progemator was from the Igbo extraction whose a trader and married a Yoruba man from Ondo...

Thus ekiti own hmmmm

Typical ipob, known for their wicked lies. Smh
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by Famaksunday(m): 7:58am On Apr 27, 2017
Sammy07:

As a ondo city indigene also, I support ondo state to be part of biafra
abi na let's tell our government that we're part of the Biafra
Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by malware: 8:16am On Apr 27, 2017
So I cannot meet ten persons at the same time?? ??

Re: Fayose Declares Ekiti Part Of Biafra by ACURASPEEDO(m): 8:51am On Apr 27, 2017
PLS DONT BLAME FAYOSE. HE MUST HAVE MEEEN HIGH ON EXPIRED OGOGORO BEFORE MAKING SUCH STATEMENTS.
MY EKITI PPL. AM SORRY UR STATE IS SO CHEAP IT HAS BEEN SOLD OUT ON A PLATTER OF PLASTIC.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha's Critic, Aminu Mohammed, To Meet President Buhari After Release / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 85th Birthday With Novelty Match (Video, Photo) / Willy Obiano Warns Nnamdi Kanu: Steer Clear Of Anambra Elections Or Risk Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.