Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me (30136 Views)

My Wife Wants Me To Beg For Intercourse / My Wife Wants To Leave Me / "My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Missmossy(f): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
Nawa ooo all these marriage drama. I really feel for your wife. God knows i can't/won't marry a man like you. You are still alive and this is happening, you are a disgrace to manhood. Seems you are the type that would be mute and turns a deaf ears to issues like this, no wonder your wife wants to abscond it must have affected her in all ramifications.

You better man up and make your family people know their place. If you can't, you ought to have remained single. I so much dislike men who are slow to a fault undecided

7 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
So reasonable people full nairaland like this. See as dem dey give beta advice. Nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by bbjummy: 12:39pm On Apr 26, 2017
OP, can you just please stop living with your extended family and face your immediate family already? Stop now I mean right now if truly you don't want her to leave.
By this, I mean leave your extended family alone. Haba! I can't just understand all these mother-in-law jeopardy. God I thank you for my mother-in-law o! Correct mama any day any time

2 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Toks2008(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
deleSayo:
Since I married my wife, we noticed signs subtle signs that my family dont like her.

From day one of introducing her to the family, my elder brother's wife treated her with so much disrespect and everyone else followed suit. We ignored this and proceeded to marry.

For trad wedding, I gave money to my parents to help purchase the items for her bride price but on the day,  I was pained to see that the items were significantly incomplete (my wife noticed this too and kept it in her heart). She later told me that she saw my parents looking bored at the church wedding;as if they couldnt wait to leave. I was surprised because I saw that too but thought my wife hadn't noticed.

When we fell pregnant, they failed to acknowledge my wife's pregnancy throughout until the birth of the baby. Furthermore, my mother failed to show up for omugwo, leaving us alone to care for the newborn child.

All these things have built up resentment in my wife. She takes out the frustration on me. Things are so bad that my wife has completely isolated herself from all members of my family. She refuses to communicate with them or attend any functions.

Recently, I got wind that she is making secret plans to abscond with our baby and go live with her mother who is based abroad. Please I dont want to lose my wife. She's the best thing that ever happened to me but I can see clearly that she now despises both me and my family.

The marriage is in shambles. She believes that I failed to defend and protect her. not that I didnt feel the pain. Its just that I didnt know how to handle the situation. Please how can I resolve this?

She never really wanted you else she would stay...she is primarily married to you and not your family and as long as you truly desire her...case closed.
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by achi4u(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
Op ur wife feels like u are not man enough to protect her in everything including fiscal bullies.
Women always feel insecure when their man kept quiet where he should roar like a lion and put scare to different people.

Again, money plays a vital role in a family, when you fail to buy things u should supposed to buy then.... Wahala don dey show face.
Talk to your wife like a man and give her an intimidating assurance from now upwards.

1 Like

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Emmahunk(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2017
Is she married to your family or you. Please stop whining and be a man or watch her leave for someone that can love her and provide the security she needs

4 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by kunletexs: 12:42pm On Apr 26, 2017
oga, do you want to hear the truth?
you are not man enough

i do not know you but you failed to sum up the courage of a man and address your family eye ball to eye ball. what did you do when you saw your senior brother's wife nasty behaviour towards your wife, you correct her immediately and not ignore it. you kept silence about it even when your whole family turned their back on her and you think she would be happy.

sir, do the needful, call the meeting of your family or wait till their is a family meeting, bring up the issue and clarify the needful in their midst with or without your wife been there. prepare to have a backlash but it is a man that would steer at trouble in the face and dare it to do it worst.

bottom line, your first priority is towards your wife and children not your family you grew up in. BE THE MAN

4 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Janedera(f): 12:43pm On Apr 26, 2017
She is correct.. You should defend her.. I have been in the same situation.. Even d day i did my trad my mother in- law and sister inlaw removed d wine that we were suppose to go with.. But my man no dey tolerate nonesense he gave them serious warning and even hit the sister so since den everyone don respect themselves

2 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by delequake(m): 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2017
@OP, A husband that cannot defend his wife from extended family aggression, is that one a husband? My wife had the same issue with my family most especially from my other 2 siblings but who cares, when they found out I wisely cut off all form of communication with every member of my family including my parents they had to calm down and see my wife as who she truly is (a member of ourfamily). Now my mum calls my wife b4 even calling me, sometimes I get jealous when my parents starts praying those unending prayers for my wife and just gimme one short one. Learn to stand your ground when it comes to your wife and ur family and be wise about it too.

9 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 26, 2017
..Wow! Op you are really caught in a cross fire !
Immediately u notice your family is hostile and hates your wife , immediately after wedding. U would have easily kept to yourselves , no need thinking of been close to your family anymore . or expecting your mum to come for omugwo, thats if after telling my mum , my wife is pregnant and also go along with her to see my mum and she still disrespects her.?? When we get home , i will simply explain to my wife, honey dont worry . i doubt my mum will come for omugwo,lets make preparations in hiring a matured woman that will help in showing us on how to handle our new born when it arrives. And am telling u, if u and yur wife are friendly to neigbours on your street or church ? U will easily get an ederly or matured woman to hire for such omugwo post. And she will coach your wife very well on handling her new born. that's for me o! I don't waste time on people or family giving me or my spouse attitude.
Immediately I read hostility in my family behaviour towards my husband to be?
Then viola! I will start sourcing for alternative measures inreplacing their role in my life . Nobody is indispensable for me .
Cause if my parents and family members refuse to respect my spouse ?then they will rarely see me visit . that's the end .life continues .

So op try calm your wife down and make her realise she is your world and both of you should work together build the home and ignore whatever attitude your family is bringing on. Cause its simply both of u.
And in between am a lady and I wil definitely protect my husband from my family .. I don't tolerate nonsense . they all know me in the village and in Lagos .

4 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Agbalanze(m): 12:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
First, Am so glad that you acknowledged that its the fault of your family members and not hers. Now, all you have to do is, give her the maximum protection and undying love that she deserve. Make her understand that you will always stand by her no matter what. At the same time, try to talk to your family members.
Don't forget, your wife and children comes first and always use them as your next of kin.
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Juliearth(f): 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
What effort have you made to salvage the situation? You left her to suffer this resentment by your family and you expect her to be cool and happy?NO! Egbon you no try,ra ra. What your wife needs right now is reassurance of your love and affection and please,there should be a family meeting where this issue should be treated vividly and brought to books. I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2017
The signs were clear... the lady has had enough.
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Femsyn(m): 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
O ga o.
Bros, I will ask one question... Are you sure you're still a man? To be sure, you should check your under - A woman married into your family insulted your wife and you kept mute? This is a non-issue as far as i'm concerned!!! When they say children minded men shouldn't get married, you'll take it personal because you wan bleep and get pikin.

Take hold of your home. Meanwhile, I suspect a bad relationship between you and your family, cos in marriage, it's easy to spot couples loved by their individual families. At the wedding and marriage proper, its always very glaring. Now, this suspicion is to both sides, cos i see no reason why your wife's family members can't rally round her, if your family fails to do the needful. Forget about the mum who is abroad, other family members can play her role if she was responsible enough.

Note: If your marriage breaks up, IT IS YOUR FAULT!!!

1 Like

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by missKiffy(f): 12:57pm On Apr 26, 2017
bbeautylik:
Could this op be my husband speaking?

Same way I told my husband last night, that he is a murderer, why would I be living in a family house as if I am living in a prison when I know they don't like me?

They always feel insecure cos they feel I come from a richer background and won't have respect

Everything I do to please them will turn to another thing.

Op you know why ?cos my husband failed to defend me because he is a quiet type.

Its very important not to live in a family house with your spouse after marriage my dear. Even when u have an apartment of your own, family will poke nose in ur matter not to talk of when u both are living in d same family house

4 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2017
You need to set the lines straight to your family because your wife and kid are now your number one priority and they should come first and if they can't accept your wife that means they have lost you as well....Never trade your new family happiness for anyone. Plead with her and clear all those thoughts from her head and you guys should be happy.
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Nobody: 1:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
the only way the op can convince his wife, is to grow some balls and stand up to his family, imagine even daughter-inlaw of the family self had the guts to join, mteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

2 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by smellingmenses: 1:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
bbeautylik:

Same way I told my husband last night, that he is a murderer, why would I be living in a family house as if I am living in a prison when I know they don't like me?

They always feel insecure cos they feel I come from a richer background and won't have respect

When are you divorcing? Some real men are ready for you!!!!
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by 1234onyekwe: 1:36pm On Apr 26, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
Mr Man...be a man & have some balls. Your family &your wife have marked you a weakling to toss around.

Most of the comments here are on the side of the wife. That's amusing.

There's a proverb - "What elders can see from afar, a youngster can't" WHY DO THEY UNANIMOUSLY DISLIKE HER? They might see something that you can't see due to Kama Sutra.

Whomever you decide to side, make a stance now. Just remember you would be a fool to abandon your blood. You would regret it

You can find another wife tomorrow...Can you find other parents? Vagina can be magnetic, walahi
my dear u have said it all,look at how everyone is shouting at the guy he's a weakling, he's this,he's that, what if this particular woman turns to be a turn on his flesh,tomorrow who will he run to,a wife can be changed as many times as possible but u can never change ur blood line(lineage) which includes parents, brothers, sisters, cousins etc
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by bbeautylik(f): 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
missKiffy:

Its very important not to live in a family house with your spouse after marriage my dear. Even when u have an apartment of your own, family will poke nose in ur matter not to talk of when u both are living in d same family house
you nailed it!
I have my own apartment in my family house but hmmm!!!
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by bencarson007(m): 1:43pm On Apr 26, 2017
U nor wise at all... U weak and left ur wife unprotected... Na the result b this
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by prince13: 1:49pm On Apr 26, 2017
That your wife gave birth to a new baby boy and your mum refused to show up for omuguo is wickedness of the highest order on the part of your mother and that was enough reason for you to redefine and re-establish your relationship with your wife and bring her much more closer than before,the people that developed unnecessary hatred for your wife indirectly hated you yourself.
I can say that you failed to act early enough and take full side with your wife who is the only one you have to live with

You must brace up at this point in time to re-establish your love and confidence in your wife that you truly love her.
work out a new step from now henceforth and distance yourself from those who are not in support of your happiness and future.
It is not too late for you to work out things and if by the time you have done your best and your wife still decides to abscond,she will be leaving u' with a guilty conscience.
I wish you the best brother.

deleSayo:
Since I married my wife, we noticed signs subtle signs that my family dont like her.

From day one of introducing her to the family, my elder brother's wife treated her with so much disrespect and everyone else followed suit. We ignored this and proceeded to marry.

For trad wedding, I gave money to my parents to help purchase the items for her bride price but on the day,  I was pained to see that the items were significantly incomplete (my wife noticed this too and kept it in her heart). She later told me that she saw my parents looking bored at the church wedding;as if they couldnt wait to leave. I was surprised because I saw that too but thought my wife hadn't noticed.

When we fell pregnant, they failed to acknowledge my wife's pregnancy throughout until the birth of the baby. Furthermore, my mother failed to show up for omugwo, leaving us alone to care for the newborn child.

All these things have built up resentment in my wife. She takes out the frustration on me. Things are so bad that my wife has completely isolated herself from all members of my family. She refuses to communicate with them or attend any functions.

Recently, I got wind that she is making secret plans to abscond with our baby and go live with her mother who is based abroad. Please I dont want to lose my wife. She's the best thing that ever happened to me but I can see clearly that she now despises both me and my family.

The marriage is in shambles. She believes that I failed to defend and protect her. not that I didnt feel the pain. Its just that I didnt know how to handle the situation. Please how can I resolve this?

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by toprealman: 1:50pm On Apr 26, 2017
OP your story skipped MOST of the essential parts of the story!
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by bbeautylik(f): 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
ghostmist:
You don't have money...

That's why your family feels comfortable treating your wife and by extension you with such disdain.

And your wife also shares the blame...everybody is busy shouting "protect" her...and i ask , protect her from what exactly? Is it that she lacks people skills and doesn't know how to make friends or endear herself to your folks?

And your wife threatening to abscond with your child can also be traced to your not having nearly enough money as she would have loved.

Like i said initially, it all boils down to " money "...just like the good book says...It answers all things!
It doesn't boils down to money! when you said, she lack people's skills, you might be right, she may not be of the same tribe with her in-laws and it reduce her way of communication especially if they are illiterate.
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by cherish44: 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
Wow! Sori to say but your mom was really mean atleast the Newborn didn't offend her naa. Anyways, apologize to your wife and have a meeting with your extended family and sort whatever ish they have with ur wife. Forgiveness is key, let your wife forgive them and move on.

HungerBAD:
Nothing serious here.

Your story omitted some very important details. Like how close you are to your family?do you guys live in the same city?how often do they come to your home?did your parents not want you to get married to her?

Everybody goes through this stage in the marriages,and that is loyalty to either wife or family.

Brother.

Your new family is and should be your only priority. Have a honest heart to heart conversation with her,and apologize to her if you had given her the impression you were not being a pillar to her.

Your wife should be your Rock.

To your extended family: A real man should know when to draw that line,and never ever let your family cause your wife any kind of physical or emotional anguish.

Your wife's mother lives overseas and your mom could not come help with the new baby after birth?sorry to say it even if she is your mom,but your Mom is wicked.
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Akinlady(f): 1:53pm On Apr 26, 2017
bbeautylik:

my dear don't worry I'm also in s same shows although my husband stands by me. but I ensured that I always opened his eyes to see reasons and being economically dependent is very important. now we are moving out to a place I paid for. peace of mind is always best o

1 Like

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by frank317: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2017
I dont understand this....

your family dont like your wife. Hell!!!! they didnt even like her right from the first day you introduced her to them down to the wedding preparations AND YOU DIDNT BOTHER TO FIND OUT WHY?

from your post you dont even know why your family dont like your wife and you have done nothing about it.

what kind of men are people breeding these days

3 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Onegai(f): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
[sup][/sup]Jacob's
bbjummy:
OP, can you just please stop living with your extended family and face your immediate family already? Stop now I mean right now if truly you don't want her to leave.
By this, I mean leave your extended family alone. Haba! I can't just understand all these mother-in-law jeopardy. God I thank you for my mother-in-law o! Correct mama any day any time
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by somec8: 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2017
bros if u are financially free by living in ur own house and putting food on ur table, taking care of ur need and ur wife own i believe that nobody will come to ur house and tell u what to do. your family has no right to tell u whom u will marry bc u are the one to live with her.

1 Like

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by Charly68: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2017
If you live in a family house with your wife,you will never know peace . Get out of that house fast with your wife so that the unfortunate woman can have her peace. You must do your best to protect your wife.. Why should you allow your family to treat your love anyhow.. All this local mentality of maltreating women should stop. If you are not old enough to establish a home for yourself then allow that woman to go to her family so that you remain under the apron of your family members. Stand up to defend your wife and obey the word of God . A man should leave his father & mother & cleave to his wife.. Anything short of that will cause trouble at home.

4 Likes

Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by bbeautylik(f): 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2017
smellingmenses:
When are you divorcing? Some real men are ready for you!!!!
lol
Re: My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me by smellingmenses: 2:21pm On Apr 26, 2017
bbeautylik:
lol
On a serious note.. talk with your​ man. Heart to heart.... Get the books by Nancy van pelt ... Heart to heart communication.

Thank me​ later.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Tattoos Her Son’s Face On Her Back (photos) / Man Tells Court How Wife Battered His Manhood, Poured Pepper On It / My Mom Refused To Do Omugwo And She’s Causing Havoc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.