Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos (26096 Views)

Mclaren ₦792m Prototype Hypercar Burst Into Cloud Of Smoke At UK Petrol Station / Which Petrol Engine is good for Toyota Dyna 150 / Which Petrol Station In Abuja Has The Best Fuel Pump? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by brojoshua: 2:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
After Nigerians have banished corruption out of Nigeria then we can be searching for such things. Even there is no truth in almost all the churches in Nigeria and are you looking for a petrol station where the measurements will be accurate?
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by RazaqMB(m): 2:30pm On Apr 28, 2017
ifyalways:

Yes, Northwest. Thanks.

Heyden is the new one ?
yeah, Heyden is the one beside it. Closer to VGC
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by ibawon(m): 2:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
North West at VGC Accurate and good service
Oando at Salem Accurate and good service
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by Shagati(m): 2:45pm On Apr 28, 2017
I am convinced that MOBIL have a school of cheating incorporated into the training programs for their staff.
Why do I say this? Experience with Mobil Stations over the last 15 years

Mobil on Ziks Avenue in Enugu - Continued filling from quarter tank in Toyota Hilux to 70 litres and tank not filled. I told the fvcker to stop!

Mobil Maryland - Asked for N4,000, he sold N2,000 and stopped, I reiterated N4k and he now sold N1k saying he sold N3k previously. I'm still awake Niccuh!

Mobil Ibadan-Ife Road - Pump was downright inaccurate. Litres delivered on the pump reading had no bearing with the price displayed on the same pump. (Digital readout o!!!)

Too many Mobil stories I have. I avoid Mobil like dirt!

okonyia:

Almost all Mobil stations are cheats.
Add yours

wckabuoh:
Mobil is the worst anywhere. The people that were given the franchise to operate Mobil stations gave the oil company a bad name. You see that mobil station at Gbadaga? Kindly avoid it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by urtchmoni(m): 4:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
(Northwest Petrol Station) Ajah just before VGC...is the best in town...just try and see. Northwest is taking over Patrol Biz. Learnt they use only B.Sc holders as pump attendants. hmm love there packaging.
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 28, 2017
jarkbauer:
Which petrol stations do you think have the most accurate pumps in lagos

I know 2 stations that i tested with measured containers

Oando in Ojodu
Bovas in Ojodu

Almost all Mobil stations are cheats.

Add yours

Bovas....no matter the location. Even here in ogbomosho, everyone sings Bovas Bovas Bovas
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by ifeanyi83(m): 7:40pm On Apr 28, 2017
eliascomm55:
That Petroleum Manager at Cele is absolutely cheat
Really? I buy fuel there regularly o
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by bunlizlaw(f): 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
Total along Alausa road before Lands is very good. Also Forte oil at Empire before Ojuelegba is cool too.
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by Laird(m): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2017
Shagati:
I am convinced that MOBIL have a school of cheating incorporated into the training programs for their staff.
Why do I say this? Experience with Mobil Stations over the last 15 years

Mobil on Ziks Avenue in Enugu - Continued filling from quarter tank in Toyota Hilux to 70 litres and tank not filled. I told the fvcker to stop!

Mobil Maryland - Asked for N4,000, he sold N2,000 and stopped, I reiterated N4k and he now sold N1k saying he sold N3k previously. I'm still awake Niccuh!

Mobil Ibadan-Ife Road - Pump was downright inaccurate. Litres delivered on the pump reading had no bearing with the price displayed on the same pump. (Digital readout o!!!)

Too many Mobil stories I have. I avoid Mobil like dirt!

Mobil on Awolowo road Ikeja is a Fraud, fuel attendant kept talking to Me in order to distract Me, I still kept my eyes on the fuel machine metre reader, Suddenly The fuel pump stops and the Machine goes blank, he says it is Electricity power that went off but other fuel dispensing Machines were still working when I looked around so why would it be only My fuel dispensing machine that the electricity trip.off would affect

Attendant put Machine back.on with an INFLATED bill with no corresponding litre reading. I asked attendant why there was no corresponding litre reading with the Fuel price reading on the metre and why other fuel machines didn't go off when the Electricity went.off
Talked and insisted till He took the fuel.machine back to the Last fuel price reading with an accompanying litre reading which was my real fuel bill.
Reported to the Manager who called attendant and said Attendant was doing this again....which means attendant has been committing fraud......Attendant was still selling fuel 2 days later that Means the Manager is part of the Fraud and I stopped buying fuel in that Mobil Awolowo road Ikeja filling Station.

Nairaland saved Me because I had read of that trick.on Nairaland
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 29, 2017
Laird:

Mobil on Awolowo road Ikeja is a Fraud, fuel attendant kept talking to Me in order to distract Me, I still kept my eyes on the fuel machine metre reader, Suddenly The fuel pump stops and the Machine goes blank, he says it is Electricity power that went off but other fuel dispensing Machines were still working when I looked around so why would it be only My fuel dispensing machine that the electricity trip.off would affect

Attendant put Machine back.on with an INFLATED bill with no corresponding litre reading. I asked attendant why there was no corresponding litre reading with the Fuel price reading on the metre and why other fuel machines didn't go off when the Electricity went.off
Talked and insisted till He took the fuel.machine back to the Last fuel price reading with an accompanying litre reading which was my real fuel bill.
Reported to the Manager who called attendant and said Attendant was doing this again....which means attendant has been committing fraud......Attendant was still selling fuel 2 days later that Means the Manager is part of the Fraud and I stopped buying fuel in that Mobil Awolowo road Ikeja filling Station.

Nawa oh

That's why I like the system here. Over here, we pump our own gas, there is no attendant that pumps it for you.

2 Likes

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by sooperrescue(m): 9:49am On Apr 29, 2017
I had a quarter tank in my Range Sports and decided to fill it up with 50 litres and drove into Forte Oil at the Local airport and they filled it up with 88 litres. The pump started from Zero and I shouted at the attendant to call the manager. I told him that Range Rover Sport tank is 80 litres when empty but I had quarter tank of fuel in it. Where did the fuel go to. The manager Mr Shuaibu was now begging that I should pay any amount that I felt like paying. Please dont ask how much I paid. I don forget.
Anther time at 2nd TOTAL in Toyin, Ikeja, they adjust their meters in the evenings and put it back in the morning before 10 am when TOTAL staff begins patrolling, I caught the guy who was tampering the meter and he ran away. Every one started begging to forgive and forget. Buy fuel if you can before 4pm and after 10am the next day. The attendants are poorly paid, between 10-15k a month but they own many cars and buses on the road.

1 Like

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by kareem257: 10:00am On Apr 29, 2017
Petrocam Ejigbo and Lasu/Igando Road.
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by Laird(m): 11:38am On Apr 29, 2017
CFCman:

Nawa oh

That's why I like the system here. Over here, we pump our own gas, there is no attendant that pumps it for you.

Luckily I had read about this trick used by Fuel attendants in Nigeria on Nairaland over a year ago
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by Shagati(m): 7:09am On Apr 30, 2017
Laird:

Also experienced this a number of times at different Mobil stations. In the end he loses because I always "da si rough".

1 Like

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by blank(f): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
Shagati:

Also experienced this a number of times at different Mobil stations. In the end he loses because I always "da si rough".

All Mobil stations are guilty. I only buy from Mobil if they are giving free fuel.

1 Like

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by blank(f): 12:06am On May 01, 2017
lustychima:
Only weight and measure department from d department of petroleum resources can ansa this correctly

Coz u can't do it wit galones coz most of the galones are not caliberated accurately

Those names mention above as d best may still not b complete bt in d land of d blind one eyed man is a king

No need for any department to help you out. Take a 20litre jerry can and go to different filling stations. Check how much each station charges to fill the can. The lowest is the most accurate.
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by naturalwaves: 7:08am On May 01, 2017
urtchmoni:
(Northwest Petrol Station) Ajah just before VGC...is the best in town...just try and see. Northwest is taking over Patrol Biz. Learnt they use only B.Sc holders as pump attendants. hmm love there packaging.
If you go behind the filling station, you will see that they also have a good looking hostel for the attendants. Moreover, during the fuel issue, Northwest never increased fuel price for once. It appeared more like a charity than business at that time and their queue was almost as long as Lagos to Ibadan.Lol. The management should keep it up. The attendants are so neat and eloquent. The only thing they need to improve on is the speed of transaction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by naturalwaves: 7:14am On May 01, 2017
nurey:
the only station i trust above any station in Nigeria is

MRS if i now intend to rate them in 90% of their filling station scattered around lagos, their Litre is always closer to the real deal than others

MRS
TOTAL
NNPC
FORTE
unfortunately i have not bought fuel from other stations apart from MRS for over 6months.
From the responses given, we can conclude that
1. A couple of filling stations have accurate pumps .
2. Apart from having accurate pumps, NORTHWEST filling station, VGC is the best filling station in Lagos if not Nigeria.
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by honmusa(m): 7:35am On May 01, 2017
Moderator should endeavour to hang this thread permanently in the car talk sticky section so that this will be as a guide to motorist seeking honest filling station .

Let drive the cheating filling station out of business if they don't want to change.

cc:Marpol
Seun

1 Like

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by Laird(m): 7:55am On May 01, 2017
Shagati:

Went to buy petrol at a filling Station yesterday, I specifically told the attendant to punch in
the preprogrammed Amount Price of Fuel I wanted to buy, She quickly started using the fuel nozzle dispenser manually to sell the Fuel
Started saying that the programming system of tat Fuel Dispenser machine is not working....( which I believe was a lie)

....most filling Stations in Nigeria are Fraudulent......Owners of stations too are part of the Mess by some filling station owners paying Duel attendants very little . Greed and Corruption in Nigeria is a very Big Issue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by honmusa(m): 8:55am On May 01, 2017
Laird:

Went to buy petrol at a filling Station yesterday, I specifically told the attendant to punch in
the preprogrammed Amount Price of Fuel I wanted to buy, She quickly started using the fuel nozzle dispenser manually to sell the Fuel
Started saying that the programming system of tat Fuel Dispenser machine is not working....( which I believe was a lie)

....most filling Stations in Nigeria are Fraudulent......Owners of stations too are part of the Mess by some filling station owners paying Duel attendants very little . Greed and Corruption in Nigeria is a very Big Issue
You will be contributing to the much change this country need if u can mention the name and location of the filling stations.
We want to drive cheating filling station out of business.

2 Likes

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by bunlizlaw(f): 10:43pm On May 01, 2017
Are u sure?
toniatt:
rich bam Pedro road
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by yomingr(m): 10:50am On May 02, 2017
Heyden filling station, VGC round about. Walahi 1litre is 1 LITRE
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by Zify: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2017
Xeedorf:
NNPC Feeling Station @ Palm grove na baba!

I justill got duped by them.

For 2500 my gauge did not shift at all.

Please i need to report them
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by mutaalim(m): 4:24pm On Jul 16, 2017
Renovia oil at isheri along ejigbo, forte oil at ikoyi both filling stations has good pump and there fuel don't BURN quickly
one thing is to have a good pump and is another thing to have a good fuel.
There's one filling station that some of my colleagues said is good again (good pump and good fuel ) at that pedro in a street I think is that rich bam what ever

1 Like

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by Hargusto(m): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2017
MRS AT SABO IS ANOTHER GRT STATION...ACCURATE FUEL EXCEPT WHEN ATTENDANT CHEATS YOU...SO ALWAYS BE ON THE LOOK OUT
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by jarkbauer: 10:51pm On Jan 10, 2018
Mobil na thief
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by elshanAutos: 10:25pm On Jan 11, 2018
The best and most accurate pumps in Lagos are the ones danfo/cabs and other commercial vehicles patronize most. Such as Bovas at Ojodu.
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by CarReg(m): 7:15am On Jan 12, 2018
nurey:
the only station i trust above any station in Nigeria is

MRS if i now intend to rate them in 90% of their filling station scattered around lagos, their Litre is always closer to the real deal than others

MRS
TOTAL
NNPC
FORTE
unfortunately i have not bought fuel from other stations apart from MRS for over 6months.
Not the NNPC in palm groove shaa o.... they have bad meter
Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by CarReg(m): 7:17am On Jan 12, 2018
New Vehicle Registration | Change Of Ownership | Vehicle papers Renewal | Door Step delivery

Re: Which Petrol Station Has The Most Accurate Pump In Lagos by thebigkendo(m): 8:33am On Jan 12, 2018
elshanAutos:
The best and most accurate pumps in Lagos are the ones danfo/cabs and other commercial vehicles patronize most. Such as Bovas at Ojodu.

Bovas Pumps are always accurate but if you are not observant the attendants will dispense less quantity,let me share my experience. I asked for 3k fuel, one attendant came to chat with me while the other operated the pump only for me to notice from my side mirror only 1k fuel was dispensed, when i mentioned it they started begging me.
During the last fuel scarcity I noticed a bovas filling station had a very long queue while at the other side of the road, NNPC station was selling but with just 2 - 3 cars, for people to prefer to wait 20 - 30 minute at the bovas queue shows the NNPC pump is not accurate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do I Know That My Car Is Due For Oil Change? / Ahh Ahh!!! See How These Dogs Tore A Car Apart / How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.