Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,924 members, 7,824,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Kia Owners Forum - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Owners Forum (26626 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / BMW Owners' Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Owners Forum by bissalla: 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
A lot of Nigerians have said so many bad things about Kia automobiles simply becuase they are not toyota and honda. However, Kia is gradually gaining its rightful place in the Nigerian and international automobile market.

Before I bought a Kia, I read a lot of negative comments here on nairaland about Kia cars. Today I cruze my Kia without any headache.

I am dedicating this forum to all Kia owners on Nairaland. Tell us your beautiful experience driving Kia and also share with us any challenges you have and any other issues.

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by bandymed: 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
With all sincerity Kia had won my admiration. I used a Kia rio nd I can beat my chest that the most fuel efficient car I've ever driven is my Kia rio. I'm saving to get myself the latest Kia sports age .

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by wealth123: 10:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
tell me about Kia Sorento please if u know cos am planning to buy a fairly used one
Re: Kia Owners Forum by akinalabi(m): 4:04pm On Jun 06, 2012
Some people that has never owned or even entered one before will even tell you it bad.

5 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
Abeg follow your Indian brother and flee from this Forum embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 06, 2012
Currently using a 2012 KIA Rio. It is not bad at all, no air-bag!

2 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by unclebros: 4:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
We bought 3 Kia cars last year and a Kia Mohave for our MD. I traveled with him to Ibadan some 2 weeks ago, the shocks are worse than my 1999 Sienna that i have been using for 2years now.

Did you say beautiful experience? wait till after one year, by the way Kia is brought into Nigeria by Dana Motors a division of Dana Group owners of Dana Air.

Do you know they don't pay duties on the imported cars? Our brand new car was stopped by customs on our way to Badagry and we requested for the Customs card from Dana Motors, they decided to pay the customs some money and till now we have not received the customs card.

2 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by jamesjami: 4:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
I use a KIA Picanto 2011 model and its something else. Its very low on fuel consumption and the air condition is like harmattan. I have never driven any car in my life until this year January after I bought my brand new KIA Picanto in November 2011. Its been awesome on the road. I thank God.

3 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by shagry1(m): 4:25pm On Jun 06, 2012
I boughtmy Kia Sportage last 2 weeks. I think its a cool brand.

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by Biggyd2: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2012
unclebros: We bought 3 Kia cars last year and a Kia Mohave for our MD. I traveled with him to Ibadan some 2 weeks ago, the shocks are worse than my 1999 Sienna that i have been using for 2years now.

Did you say beautiful experience? wait till after one year, by the way Kia is brought into Nigeria by Dana Motors a division of Dana Group owners of Dana Air.

Do you know they don't pay duties on the imported cars? Our brand new car was stopped by customs on our way to Badagry and we requested for the Customs card from Dana Motors, they decided to pay the customs some money and till now we have not received the customs card.

Hopefully they won't survive the Dana air crash imbroglio and it will affect all their businesses in Nigeria. Since they have started absconding, their businesses should go under at least. I don't know why people even buy their cars. What you noted about their shocks is very true and it is not as if the parts are cheap. I don tire to hear Dana I beg, unless they want to tell me that heads have started rolling in that organisation!

2 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by Okontami: 5:17pm On Jun 06, 2012
Am dedicating this thread to Hyundai OWNERS....lol.. Hyundai and Kia wont stop amazing me. I have both of them and they are Just super cars. Low fuel economy, maintenance is so cheap and the comfort/features in them is too much for the money paid for it. My 2012 Elantra is Just so crazy i use like 20litres every week can u imagine? with all my Waka waka. My sportage is just very roomy and i have not had a single problem with it in the last 1year. So if u need a car. Go for Hyundai or Kia

2 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by achi4u(m): 5:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
kai and kekenapep na di same company??

2 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by achi4u(m): 5:22pm On Jun 06, 2012
kia and kekenapep na di same company??

i won buy their flying coffingrin

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by undet: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2012
Rumours has it that a veteran soldier and politician owns DANA GROUP. Don't know how true though but information from this particular source is always valid. So i am not surprise if they do not pay custom duty. Besides, yesterday one of the law makers said he's afraid the probe of the Dana Air will be shelved. May God save Nigeria from leaders that are above the law.

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by omodapson(m): 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2012
Biggyd2:

Hopefully they won't survive the Dana air crash imbroglio and it will affect all their businesses in Nigeria. Since they have started absconding, their businesses should go under at least. I don't know why people even buy their cars. What you noted about their shocks is very true and it is not as if the parts are cheap. I don tire to hear Dana I beg, unless they want to tell me that heads have started rolling in that organisation!

So na Dana dey manufacture those moto. People will not stop amazing me.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by omosexy1: 6:24pm On Jun 06, 2012
Kai has been bought over by Hyundai and now part of the Hyundai product range. So expect quality or close to quality. Don't forget that they still face stiff competition from Toyota and Honda. Hence there will be need for more improvement on their products at cheaper prices. I see Hyundai products catching up with Nigerians in few years time (cheaper prices). Anyways Hyundai brand isn't bad at all. But before I buy one I will ensure I do a lot of review and quality checks physically and online.

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by calculusx(m): 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2012
Dana dana dana group of companies. I have friends and families that use KIA cars/suvs and they enjoy their rides but when its time for servicing, they always garnish their teeth cos it doesn't come cheap. One recently spent almost 180k fixing AC Compressor and at the end, na d same d same. The maintenance might not be affordable for everyone though.

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 06, 2012
May God bless you @ Op.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2012
May your testimony be permanent @Op.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by JW214: 6:49pm On Jun 06, 2012
Keneking: Currently using a 2012 KIA Rio. It is not bad at all, no air-bag!

Really! A 2012 auto without airbag when 1991 Japanesse Auto come with at least one and 2010 and above have minimum of 4 standard airbags.... I don't trust this Korean autos if truly a 2012 auto doesn't have just 1 airbag
Re: Kia Owners Forum by wakabout(m): 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2012
I use a Kia Sportage Jeep 2009 model. I have enjoyed it for close to 3yrs now. Only problems I have is that my tyres are always picking nails and sharp objects. All 4 tyres have been worked on even b4 1st year. I also have dis noise from running tyres, as if road noise-proof is absent in d car. Otherwise, my Kia Sportage is a delight.

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by Eking: 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2012
Even though kia and hyundai are note as solid as the established Japanese model, these cars are still very reliable. I have owned a 2003 kia optima since 2004 and has done about 85k miles and this thing is still going strong. Except for regular servicing, changed the shaft once, changed all 4 shocks, and fuel filter...Never had a major engine fault.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by Biggyd2: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2012
omodapson:

So na Dana dey manufacture those moto. People will not stop amazing me.

If you do not understand what I was trying to say just keep your opinion to yourself. Moreover it is my 2cents. Do use yours. These companies belong to a mother company don't they(http://www.danagroup.com/Default.aspx?cnt=3_13)? If their duty duty is to pollute Nigeria with innocent blood they can all go under for all I care. Please allow people involved to mourn their dead in peace.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by Kayday(m): 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2012
My Kia Rio has done 148,000km in about 3years without any issues. It's not a bad car. The clove compartment has no key. That i dont like.
Re: Kia Owners Forum by AnotherOkija: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2012
Let me send a shout out to my 2002 Kia Sephia 2... You were the worst thing to happen to brand new automobiles in my life... You couldn't kill me then, you'll never get a second chance..

I'm sorry y'all, KIA is a horrible vehicle.. Other than the fresh coat of paint, that vehicle is a mobile coffin.. If Nigeria were like the U.S which had safety ratings for vehicles allowed into their country, KIA would never have even entered Nigerian waters talkless of landing at Tin Can Island..

I remember in 2002 when my dad and I drove to the village.. Two brand new cars, My dad was in a Volkswagen Bora, I was in a KIA Sephia 2.. I knew the Kia was no match for the Bora but I expected a solid performance nonetheless.. Everything was wrong with that useless KIA.. From suspension (in a 5 month old Kia), to traction, to everything... After that trip, I swore never to go near a KIA again.. Maybe now that Hyundai has acquired them, there might be some changes..

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by melvino85: 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2012
I use a Kia rio 2010 model, and its vey very VERY(strong), my first car, and i am impressed with KIA...i also heard negative stuffs abt kia, but yet to experience them..

2 Likes

Re: Kia Owners Forum by Superking: 10:38pm On Jun 06, 2012
Eking: Even though kia and hyundai are note as solid as the established Japanese model, these cars are still very reliable. I have owned a 2003 kia optima since 2004 and has done about 85k miles and this thing is still going strong. Except for regular servicing, changed the shaft once, changed all 4 shocks, and fuel filter...Never had a major engine fault.
Wow I also have same brand - Optima 2003 Model! Just covered 80000 miles! The problem has always been Shock Absorber which I usually change after every rainy season. Although I usually settle for tokunbo which cost 8000 a pair rather than new one. After all it will definitely be changed after a year. No major engine problem besides the gasket that got burnt as a result of human error; my car-wash forgot to close my radiator cover and the water dried up. Due to ignorance, I did not decode the warning signal on the dashboard until it grounded on 3rd Mainland Bridge. The rest they say is history. All in all, Kia is a strong car.

1 Like

Re: Kia Owners Forum by itoldu: 11:13pm On Jun 06, 2012
bandymed: With all sincerity Kia had won my admiration. I used a Kia rio nd I can beat my chest that the most fuel efficient car I've ever driven is my Kia rio. I'm saving to get myself the latest Kia sports age .
SPORTS AGE SMH
Re: Kia Owners Forum by Raimond(m): 11:47pm On Jun 06, 2012
Keneking: Currently using a 2012 KIA Rio. It is not bad at all, no air-bag!

No air bag...In 2012...now that's hard to believe...I'll find out!
Re: Kia Owners Forum by AnotherOkija: 12:02am On Jun 07, 2012
Raimond:

No air bag...In 2012...now that's hard to believe...I'll find out!

My garage where I fix my Hyundai makes me believe it... I saw several accidented KIAs that didnt deploy the airbags...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Swiss Nationale Represents Nigeria In Dubai Motor Race (Photos) / Dangote Trailer Hits Built-up Area In Owode / Leaked Pictures - 2013 Range Rover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.