Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,460 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA (15307 Views)

Deji Adeyanju In Front Of DSS Headquarters With Journalists To Receive Sowore / Man Who Trekked For Buhari Visits PDP Headquarters With 'Rip APC Coffin' / The New N24 Billion EFCC Headquarters In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by vikeyz(m): 8:06am On Apr 27, 2017
Na them them
Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by mapet: 8:07am On Apr 27, 2017
HeroicMeastro:

seunmsg: :

No regime can beat Jonathan when it comes to corruption. The EFCC headquarters contract was awarded in 2010 by GEJ for a sum of N18.8billion and should have been completed since 2013. N18.8billion for the construction of office complex just for an agency is nothing but criminal.

Worst part and for reasons that we don't know, the project was not completed and the Buhari government just increased the contact sum by N5billion due to foreign exchange fluctuation. By all standards, the project is criminally overpriced.
Guy, na u knw book pass.
All others were commenting cowardly.

....idiotically you mean
Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by mapet: 8:08am On Apr 27, 2017
kenonze:
I personally don't have problems with that.
It's not just the building but the equipment needed

Now we are getting to the see sensible reasoning
Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by mapet: 8:14am On Apr 27, 2017
krispycash:
The real question is why build a new hq when u can restructure the old one Why pull out a fresh contract worth billions of naira for building when other things are in dire need of attention?
The people in power obviously have no knowledge as to how to run a country... All they talk about is money... When they can help people get jobs... And improve the educational system which is presently a joke... But a corrupt man talking about fighting corruption? Na.... They are all one and the same... It is always the corrupt ones that seek to fight corruption

Bros,

In situations like this, I will rather we find out more about the details of the contract, rather than make statements that are uninformed. If the contract was valued at N18b+ as at 2010, what was the details? How did we allow such an humongous value without knowing the details? In fairness it might be that the huge cost comes from sophisticated technology, for example satellite links and stuffs. On the other hand it may be that we signed a "mugu" contract. Good enough the contract was awarded to JB, as such can be investigated

It is a shame that a contract that was awarded in 2010 and was supposed to last 3years is now being resuscitated 7years later, hence a N5b variation. All in all, we should get the details and get a clearer perspective
Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by mapet: 8:17am On Apr 27, 2017
SalamRushdie:
What does EFCC need a 24 billion naira building for even though it's clear the figure has been padded by a million percent

They may deserve it, if it can be truly shown by the details......that is why I think we need the details. The cost-benefit can be argued considering how much has been fleeced from this country in the last 6years, but I believe we need to be assured that such project will better equip the EFCC to do a more thorough job and deliver greater value

1 Like

Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 8:25am On Apr 27, 2017
The way our Fg do quote money though
Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by keneharry: 8:49am On Apr 27, 2017
I really need to see the house that they will build with #24 billion..
Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by Lakeland4321: 8:54am On Apr 27, 2017
PapaBrowne:
24 billion?? That's like $80 million.
Hmmm. This country ehn

24 billion will buy 4000 Tractors for Nigerian farmers with combined capacity to till 20,000 hectares of land daily or 3 million hectares yearly.

Each hectare producing food products of about 500,000 Naira average per planting season or 1 million Naira per year.

3 million hectares at 1 million Naira yearly equals 3 Trillion Naira worth of food products produced if common sense existed amongst those boneheads in government. No they rather spend the money on a building for that would house barely 500 workers for an agency that already operates in an existing headquarters. It's a pity.
I like concise and good analytical assessments like this. Many people on this forum have no idea what you have just analysed and the way you have exposed the extremely high level of ignorance and indeed hypocrisy of this govt and governance as a whole in nigeria. Wasting funds on bogus projects while denying essential and forward moving ones the resources they need.

1 Like

Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by aloeman15(m): 11:23am On Apr 27, 2017
You're quite right.
But did he or the efcc announce any investigation into possible contract inflation? (I say 'possible', even though it's stupidly obvious), or is magu's hand in that pie?
And yet you can justify an extra N5 billion for the project?!
How forex wan fluctuate rish na?
Fear God o!
And I noticed your silence on N3.8 billion to RENT boats- not ships; of undisclosed size and numbers.
Haba alhaji...
seunmsg:

No regime can beat Jonathan when it comes to corruption. The EFCC headquarters contract was awarded in 2010 by GEJ for a sum of N18.8billion and should have been completed since 2013. N18.8billion for the construction of office complex just for an agency is nothing but criminal.

Worst part and for reasons that we don't know, the project was not completed and the Buhari government just increased the contact sum by N5billion due to foreign exchange fluctuation. By all standards, the project is criminally overpriced.
Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 27, 2017
mapet:

Bros,

In situations like this, I will rather we find out more about the details of the contract, rather than make statements that are uninformed. If the contract was valued at N18b+ as at 2010, what was the details? How did we allow such an humongous value without knowing the details? In fairness it might be that the huge cost comes from sophisticated technology, for example satellite links and stuffs. On the other hand it may be that we signed a "mugu" contract. Good enough the contract was awarded to JB, as such can be investigated

It is a shame that a contract that was awarded in 2010 and was supposed to last 3years is now being resuscitated 7years later, hence a N5b variation. All in all, we should get the details and get a clearer perspective
Very true, but my statement is based on facts... Many projects awarded last year are being rewarded again this year... Check the budget if u have access to it... Also all I am saying is this... Why allocated such a preposterous amount we are complaining about recession and instead of cutting expenditure and increasing revenue the government seems to be spending more than it should on a commission that literally steals more than the people it arrests... Renovation is allowed... Instead of building a fresh HQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by ObongawanAKS(f): 11:51am On Apr 27, 2017
obonujoker:
24 billion for EFCC...lol.... integrity government cheesy
Re: FG To Build EFCC Headquarters With N24bn, Hires N3.8bn Vessels For NIMASA by mapet: 12:39pm On Apr 27, 2017
krispycash:

Very true, but my statement is based on facts... Many projects awarded last year are being rewarded again this year... Check the budget if u have access to it... Also all I am saying is this... Why allocated such a preposterous amount we are complaining about recession and instead of cutting expenditure and increasing revenue the government seems to be spending more than it should on a commission that literally steals more than the people it arrests... Renovation is allowed... Instead of building a fresh HQ

1. I will be interested in knowing project that were awarded and re-awarded again this year
2. Preposterous amount is in context, depending on the nature of the spending unit and the impact to national well-being. For example, we can allocate $Billions to space projects which you will not see the impact until 5years away, yet it may be deemed good cost management
3. There is already an existing building, as the project was awarded and started in 2010. N18b+ had been spent before the project was abandoned. The present govt is adding N5b to complete it.

Perspective - I remember someone called the attention of EFCC to this on its twitter handle, and the EFCC explanation is that there are sophisticated equipments to be fitted in the project hence the huge cost

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hidden Reason Senators Back Financial Autonomy For Lgs / "PDP Frustrating Our Case At Rivers Election Tribunal" - APC / Ambode Visits Ayinke House (Maternity Hospital )Project at Ikeja Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.