Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,646 members, 7,823,831 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar (17567 Views)

President Buhari Honours Bashir Abubakar And Josephine Ugwu (Photos) / Buhari Replaces Bashir Abubakar With Idris Kassim Ahmed, Chief Security Officer / Buhari’s CSO Expels Punch Reporter From Aso Villa Over Ill-Health Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by AngelicBeing: 8:01am On Apr 27, 2017
Jabioro:
The CSO is an overzealous officer who wanted to please his immediate boss, for God sake you're a security officer to Mr President not his media head, if Adebayo has committed any media offence by written such incisive story as you said which at anyway not,. He was only pointing out what look like wasting of national resources right in the nose of ruling body.Under democratic system you have no such power Oga.. weather memo or no memo you over stepped you power domain.. guard Mr President and provide enough bodyguard.. security intelligent around him.. na your job be that a man on the street has spoken
cool
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by omowolewa: 8:02am On Apr 27, 2017
You over reacted, simple

2 Likes

Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by israelmao(m): 8:06am On Apr 27, 2017
All manner of change.

1 Like

Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by aribisala0(m): 8:09am On Apr 27, 2017
Freetech:
So PDP under gen expel journalist from Also and criticised this as if it never happened under them

Immediately I read punch story and defense, I knew they were at fault. How would you apologize verbally, then refused to put it in writing.Very mischievous indeed.

Where is National interest in all these in part of punch. The same way they reported non salary payment in Osun but never reported the same in Bayelsa even during preparations for election. Brown envelope journalism.
You are not intelligent. Clearly IF he apologised at all it was under duress. What do you mean by AT FAULT. UNDER WHICH STATUTE OR LAW? This is serious business of governance and law.
What we have heard is the account of an intimidating interview by a security officer. If the Presidency likes they can bar anyone but to use the cover of security operatives is an abuse of power.Why was he questioned in that way as if he was a suspect and then asked for a written statement. ..?Was he under arrest? Was he cautioned? Many are those whose time in school was a complete waste of money
Is it because the guy came to Aso Rock. ? What has this got to do with his official role? WHAT NEXT HE WILL GO AND START PICKING UP JOURNALISTS AT HOME?
The point is he HAS NO LAWFUL POWER OR AUTHORITY TO QUESTION THE JOURNALIST

1 Like

Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 27, 2017
Einl:
The CSO's job is to secure and secure only the President.

Not read what journalist are writing and chasing them up and down.

But the CSO no get work now. Buhari de ill and him no de comot outside ( working from home they said).

So the CSO must work for for his salary. He is trying to justify his pay.
The CSO's job is to protect the image of his boss to the fullest,either by force or whatever........He makes decisions about the image of his boss without even consulting his principal!!!!Thats his job....If you feel I am wrong,ask Al Mustapha of the Abacha regime,The CSO ordered so many assignations without telling his boss!!!
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Lifestone(m): 8:17am On Apr 27, 2017
Jabioro:
The CSO is an overzealous officer who wanted to please his immediate boss, for God sake you're a security officer to Mr President not his media head, if Adebayo has committed any media offence by written such incisive story as you said which at anyway not,. He was only pointing out what look like wasting of national resources right in the nose of ruling body.Under democratic system you have no such power Oga.. weather memo or no memo you over stepped you power domain.. guard Mr President and provide enough bodyguard.. security intelligent around him.. na your job be that a man on the street has spoken
The CSO is doing his job and reserves the right to counter anything he considered injurious to Mr President or the government. Punch should not arrogate the power to report just about anything they see, it's not all you see that you say, that's responsible reporting.
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Jabioro: 8:22am On Apr 27, 2017
Lifestone:

The CSO is doing his job and reserves the right to counter anything he considered injurious to Mr President or the government. Punch should not arrogate the power to report just about anything they see, it's not all you see that you say, that's responsible reporting.
Punch article is not attacking Mr President, I read the whole...

1 Like

Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by OROSUNBOLB(m): 8:28am On Apr 27, 2017
This is what you get when a President surrounds himself with know-next-to-nothing fellows on the basis of ethnic and regional sentiments.

CSO indeed! Someone that is supposed to be teaching 'Alif', 'Ba' ',Ta','Tha' at one remote 'Ile-kewu' (Quranic School) is now our President CSO! What a waste of space at this time and age! Buhari is not sick; Nigerians are sick for allowing this fraudulent system to persist.

2 Likes

Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by udees: 8:31am On Apr 27, 2017
See your shameless face--Why don't they CSO do same to Sahara Reporters---
Freetech:
So PDP under gen expel journalist from Also and criticised this as if it never happened under them

Immediately I read punch story and defense, I knew they were at fault. How would you apologize verbally, then refused to put it in writing.Very mischievous indeed.

Where is National interest in all these in part of punch. The same way they reported non salary payment in Osun but never reported the same in Bayelsa even during preparations for election. Brown envelope journalism.

1 Like

Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by jeeka321: 8:37am On Apr 27, 2017
he is the CSO idiot! Do you even know what his office means? He can detain his boss even if his boss like it or not when he perceived danger around.

orisa37:
And you expelled him without reporting first to your Boss. That was irresponsible.
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by mantosa(m): 8:47am On Apr 27, 2017
The two points you raised clearly shows you don't understand how government works.

The CSO is to protect the LIFE or the president and not his IMAGE. His media advisers are solely responsible for that. Is it the CSO that releases statement pertaining to the President?

If the CSO feels the journalist's article was a threat to the president, he should have informed the president's media advisers hence the statement by Adesina "we were not consulted". That's how government is being run.

Then referring Abacha's regime to the president day governance also shows you are quite ignorant about alpt of things including history and rule of governance.

Benz4pimp:
The CSO's job is to protect the image of his boss to the fullest,either by force or whatever........He makes decisions about the image of his boss without even consulting his principal!!!!Thats his job....If you feel I am wrong,ask Al Mustapha of the Abacha regime,The CSO ordered so many assignations without telling his boss!!!

1 Like

Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Ijaya123: 8:52am On Apr 27, 2017
...Mr. Musa, a Deutsche Welle reporter who was himself ejected from the State House in the last days of the Jonathan administration, confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Adetayo verbally apologised, but...

I thought there was full freedom of the press under GEJ.
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by aolawale025: 9:09am On Apr 27, 2017
Patriotism should be loyalty to Nigeria. Not to individuals
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 27, 2017
ode u for kuku say u want punch to send journalists that would sing buhari's praises. this kind of f00L will always poorly handle negative criticism. these are the kind of people that wont tell buhari the truth even if he's doing the wrong thing. awon pawn oshi
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by mapet: 9:16am On Apr 27, 2017
Mr. Abubakar said the stories were not true and that Mr. Adetayo allegedly denied authorship of the story on the president’s ill-health, owned up to wrongdoings about his limited contribution and “pleaded for leniency, promising that he will not repeat such ‘grievous’ mistake.”

“On the lead story in the Sunday publication of the paper, subject stated that he was not the author of the story but was only asked and pressurised by his editor to get the State House reaction to make up the story which he did by enquiring from the Special Adviser to the President on Media, Femi Adesina.

“However, when asked to put his explanation and plea into writing, he maintained that what he wrote on the Satrurday column was based on his observations,” Mr. Abubakar said.

The CSO said he met Mr. Adetayo on Monday in the presence of the chairman of the State House Press Corps, Ubale Musa.

Mr. Musa, a Deutsche Welle reporter who was himself ejected from the State House in the last days of the Jonathan administration, confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES that Mr. Adetayo verbally apologised, but that he was not privy to the content of his colleague’s written statement to the CSO when asked if he, indeed, denied authorship of the Sunday story.

“I don’t know what he wrote in his statement,” Mr. Musa said. “I only know he apologised.”

Aside from the fact that there are two sides to every story, this is a challenge from Mr. Adetayo and Punch to either own-up to these part of the allegation or refute it.

I am always careful to be totally on the side of Nigerian journalists, knowing some of the under-table deals they cut and penchant to report what they had no knowledge of
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by cyrilamx(m): 9:17am On Apr 27, 2017
It won't cost u anything to abreast urself of reality before exhibiting your ignorance. Recently President Trump made Ben Carson, a successful n brilliant surgeon his secretary of Housing and Urban development. Square peg in round hole. Ain't it?
sunnyside16:
A former DSS director now a media aide? What is the correlation? Only in naija a Doctor is Minister of Labour.
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Cholison(m): 9:44am On Apr 27, 2017
Two more years and you will become history in the seat of power.
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by kenny987(f): 9:51am On Apr 27, 2017
sunnyside16:
A former DSS director now a media aide? What is the correlation? Only in naija a Doctor is Minister of Labour.

He's the Chief Security Officer and not a media aide.
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Idango(m): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2017
sunnyside16:

Where else have you been. Are you not aware that Ben Carson who is a Doctor is the secretary for housing in the US ?
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by SAMTOBIJU(m): 10:12am On Apr 27, 2017
Stupid c.s.o.is the news report a security threat to mr president.chief security officer nt chief media officer.do ur job nd guard ur boss.
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 27, 2017
mantosa:
The two points you raised clearly shows you don't understand how government works.

The CSO is to protect the LIFE or the president and not his IMAGE. His media advisers are solely responsible for that. Is it the CSO that releases statement pertaining to the President?

If the CSO feels the journalist's article was a threat to the president, he should have informed the president's media advisers hence the statement by Adesina "we were not consulted". That's how government is being run.

Then referring Abacha's regime to the president day governance also shows you are quite ignorant about alpt of things including history and rule of governance.

too bad when you think you know it all but end up revealing your ignorance!!!!I repeat,the job of the CSO is to protect the image of his principal!!!!The word CSO was introduced by the military!!!adesina's office is below the CSO,u don't expect the president to report to his vice!!!Most of u try to act like you understand military positions more than those that created them
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by ndcide(m): 10:28am On Apr 27, 2017
I challenge any zombie to point out any lie the punch reporter said in any of his reports
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Guk: 11:06am On Apr 27, 2017
“Also, subject (Mr. Adetayo) mentioned Guest House in the Villa, House Seven, and claimed that political meetings were held there by the last administration and faulted that no such meetings have been held there since the inception of this administration.

The bolded above mirrors the malaise in the average Nigerian's psyche today. Its simple that because we have been indoctrinated to accept Wrongdoings; Rightdoings are now alien and objectionable to us. ASO ROCK IS NOT A PARTY HQ T4 SHLD NOT BE USED FOR POLITICAL MEETINGS AS WRONGLY DONE FOR 16 YEARS OF PDP RULE.

The reporter now sees a right thing as wrong becos the wrong had been fed to us as right. Shame
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Elkay3: 11:10am On Apr 27, 2017
It's the designated duty of a CSO to protect his principal's image no matter the circumstances. And he did his duty as expected of.him.
But, I chose to side with the reporter...
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by aribisala0(m): 11:57am On Apr 27, 2017
Guk:
“Also, subject (Mr. Adetayo) mentioned Guest House in the Villa, House Seven, and claimed that political meetings were held there by the last administration and faulted that no such meetings have been held there since the inception of this administration.

The bolded above mirrors the malaise in the average Nigerian's psyche today. Its simple that because we have been indoctrinated to accept Wrongdoings; Rightdoings are now alien and objectionable to us. ASO ROCK IS NOT A PARTY HQ T4 SHLD NOT BE USED FOR POLITICAL MEETINGS AS WRONGLY DONE FOR 16 YEARS OF PDP RULE.

The reporter now sees a right thing as wrong becos the wrong had been fed to us as right. Shame
That is an A
LLEGATION , have you corroborated it? and even if true of what relevance. The reporter at worst can be said to be foolish. How is that a crime or security matter. Why is the reporter under trial?
Whatever perceived wrong the reporter is guilty of he has broken no laws. And crucially if he broke any law they should have complained to the police.why did they reverse themselves? They have nothing on him. The CSO has no authority to take a statement. There are laws about how statements may be taken and if he was not arrested and CAUTIONED. The CSO Was acting unlawfully
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by aribisala0(m): 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
Benz4pimp:
too bad when you think you know it all but end up revealing your ignorance!!!!I repeat,the job of the CSO is to protect the image of his principal!!!!The word CSO was introduced by the military!!!adesina's office is below the CSO,u don't expect the president to report to his vice!!!Most of u try to act like you understand military positions more than those that created them
Unfortunately you do not have anyone to tell you the truth. You have no sense at all
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
aribisala0:

Unfortunately you do not have anyone to tell you the truth. You have no sense at all
when you feel you have lost an argument,walk away rather than throw insult you foolish fool!!!a kid from many fathers
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by OMEGA009(m): 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2017
Simple

Re: My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
orisa37:
And you expelled him without reporting first to your Boss. That was irresponsible.

There is such thing as delegation of duty and responsibility; where an officer depending on his level in the hierarchy has automatic power to take certain decisions without first seeking approval of his boss - upon which he is only required to later notify his boss of such decision for record purposes only, as may be the case with the CSO's recent memo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Treasury Looters To Get Full Amnesty / Senator Ashiru Replaces Umahi As New Deputy Leader, Nwaebonyi Deputy Chief Whip / Yoruba Leadership Forum Adopts Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.