Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,488 members, 7,865,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:47 AM

Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm (543 Views)

'I Can’t Afford A PR Firm’ — Okonjo-Iweala Seeks Volunteers For WTO Campaign / I Didnt Tell Yahaya Bello To Defect To Accord Party – Gov Ortom / APC Accused Of Hiring U.S PR Firm For $1.2M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
The Federal Ministry of Finance on Wednesday denied hiring any public relations firm for a fee of $2 million (N612 million) per month. But, said the Executive Council of the Federation, FEC approved only N28.97 million spent on hiring the British consultancy firm.

A media report had said the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, hired the British PR firm, Africapractice R & B, to handle her communications throughout the one week she attended the World Bank/International Monetary Fund, IMF Spring meetings in Washington DC.
But the Director of Information, Ministry of Finance, Salisu Dambatta, said in Abuja on Wednesday the PR consultant was hired by the Federal Government, as part of the Eurobond programme.

“The Public Relations firm, Africa Practice has been retained by the Federal Government for N28, 975,000 only for three years on the approval of the Federal Executive Council in November 2016 to work for the Debt Management Office as part of the Eurobond programme alongside Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, Citibank, WHITE & CASE LLP and Banwo & Ighodalo,” Mr. Dambatta said.
He said the selection of the company followed a competitive tender advertised in international and local newspapers, including the Federal Tenders Journal.

Due process, he said, was fully followed in the selection exercise, the outcome of which was publicly announced earlier this year.
The representative of Africa Practice, Mr. Dambatta disclosed, was in Washington DC in continuation of the Eurobond programme and in support of the country’s outreach with international investors interested in doing business with Nigeria.
On the criteria for the evaluation of the Technical Bids submitted by the appointed transaction partners, Mr. Dambatta said it included company track record and credentials as well as evidence of valid license to operate in the market or jurisdiction in which they are domiciled.

Other criteria included global presence, transaction history with the federal government or any of its agencies, experience in similar transactions in the international capital market and quality of marketing and distribution strategy for the Eurobond programme.
‎Africapractice is a strategy and communications consultancy firm providing integrated solutions, business, political and commercial intelligence as well as risk analysis on market entry, issues management and investor relations.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/229715-nigerias-finance-ministry-denies-spending-2-million-british-consultancy-firm.html

1 Like

Re: Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm by CplusJason: 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2017
If not for the fact that I see this woman as my potential sugar mummy, I would have called her a dumb thief

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm by GavelSlam: 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
Wait to see 4 or more threads dedicated to this on Nairaland:

How Kemi receives kickback from consultant.

Adeosun receives 6 million Naira monthly from consultants.

Owner of consultancy related to Adeosun.

Just wait for it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm by DrGoodman: 1:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
Counterfeit of Okonjo Iweala grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2017
CplusJason:
If not for the fact that I see this woman as my potential sugar mummy, I would have called her a dumb thief

undecided
Re: Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm by ephi123(f): 2:02pm On Apr 27, 2017
All these speculations under Mr Integrity's watch lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm by seunmsg(m): 2:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
CplusJason:

How's she a dumb thief? FEC approved the payment as part of the Euro bonds publicity expenses so what's the big deal?
Re: Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm by Philip66: 11:07am On May 02, 2017
“The representative of Africa Practice was in Washington DC in continuation of the Eurobond programme and in support of the country’s outreach with international investors who showed great enthusiasm to do business with Nigeria.‎"
https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/289683/finance-ministry-denies-hiring-foreign-consultants
Re: Kemi Adeosun: I Didnt Pay $2 Million Dollars To PR Firm by Philip66: 11:09am On May 02, 2017
seunmsg:

How's she a dumb thief? FEC approved the payment as part of the Euro bonds publicity expenses so what's the big deal?

That's the million dollar question. This shows that kemi adeosun knows what she is doing and also is not been wasteful. Abeg, people should leave her be jare and let her do her work.

(1) (Reply)

Lets Boycot Old Politicians / Nigerians React To 30 Private Jets Landing In Minna For IBB Daughter's Wedding / Real Owners Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.