Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

The Bravest Recorded Act Of Valour In Most Recent Military Times By A So Far - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bravest Recorded Act Of Valour In Most Recent Military Times By A So Far (643 Views)

Aisha Buhari Bags The “woman Of Valour” Award / Photos From Recent Military Operations In The North East / Missing, Wounded, Killed In Action: Tracking The Cost Of Valour In Nigeria’s War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bravest Recorded Act Of Valour In Most Recent Military Times By A So Far by blackbriar: 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
On 17 March 2016, senior lieutenant Alexander Prokhorenko of the Russian Spetsnaz was surrounded by the ISIS terrorists. He called in an airstrike on his coordinates and took out about 50 terrorists with himself.

Sr. Lt. Prokhorenko was performing the task behind the enemy lines in Palmyra, Syria of designating the vital targets for airstrikes. After a week of staying hidden, he was spotted by the ISIS terrorists who tried to capture him. For the entire day he was evading them. He called for an extraction that was sent from the Russian base, but it would take 15 minutes for them to reach him. Not having more ammunition to resist and knowing he would endanger the extraction party, he called his CO and demanded to cancel the extraction and deliver an airstrike on his coordinates

Here is the radio communication transcript with Alexander’s last words:
[b]Prokhorenko: Command, I am surrounded, I am surrounded again.
Command: Please repeat and confirm.
Prokhorenko: They have spotted me, they are shooting everywhere, I am pinned, requesting evacuation immediately.
Command: Evacuation request acknowledged.
Prokhorenko: Please hurry, I am low on ammo, they are coming from everywhere, I can't hold them for too long, please hurry.
Command: Evacuation is coming, hold them off, keep returning fire, go to safe position. Air support is on its way, give your coordinates.
Prokhorenko gives the coordinates.
Command repeats the coordinates: Confirm.
Prokhorenko: Confirmed, please hurry, I am low on ammo, they are surrounding me, bastards.
Command: 12 minutes until evacuation, return to cover, I repeat, return to cover.
Prokhorenko: They are close, I am surrounded, this may be the end, tell my family I love them.
Command: Return to green line, keep returning fire, help is on the way, wait for air support.
Prokhorenko: Negative, I am surrounded, there are so many of these bastards.
Command: 10 minutes, return to green line.
Prokhorenko: I can't, they have surrounded me and are closing in, please hurry.
Command: Move to green line, repeat, move to green line.
Prokhorenko: They are coming, conduct the airstrike now, please hurry, this is the end, tell my family I love them and I died fighting for my country.
Command: Negative, return to green line.
Prokhorenko: I can't, command, I am surrounded, they are coming, I don’t want them to take me. Conduct the airstrike, they will make a mockery of me and the uniform. I want to die with dignity and take all these bastards with me. Fulfill my last wish, conduct the airstrike, they will kill me either way.
Command: Please confirm your request
Prokhorenko: They are here, this is the end commander, thank you. Tell my family and my country I love them, tell them I was brave and I fought until I could no longer. Please take care of my family, avenge my death. Good bye commander, tell my family I love them.
Command doesn't respond, orders the airstrike.[/b]
Re: The Bravest Recorded Act Of Valour In Most Recent Military Times By A So Far by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2017
And how did u know this?
Re: The Bravest Recorded Act Of Valour In Most Recent Military Times By A So Far by dhantey324(m): 2:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
Which Russian movie is this?
Re: The Bravest Recorded Act Of Valour In Most Recent Military Times By A So Far by blackbriar: 2:53pm On Apr 27, 2017

Re: The Bravest Recorded Act Of Valour In Most Recent Military Times By A So Far by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 27, 2017
blackbriar:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Prokhorenko
. wow!!!/this is chilling., real bravery; if this isn't, then I don't know what is... cry sad
Re: The Bravest Recorded Act Of Valour In Most Recent Military Times By A So Far by blackbriar: 8:14pm On Apr 27, 2017
PaulKillerman:
. wow!!!/this is chilling., real bravery; if this isn't, then I don't know what is... cry sad

thanks for your input
Re: The Bravest Recorded Act Of Valour In Most Recent Military Times By A So Far by Ajibel(m): 10:38pm On Apr 27, 2017
Wow! This is chilling. Reading the convo alone sent shivers embarassed embarassed

R.I.P

(1) (Reply)

$15bn Agip Refinery Targets 150,000 Barrels Per Day / PHOTOS: Gov. Ganduje Freed 50 Inmates At Kano Central Prison / Yoruba Refuses To Meet With Acting President Yemi Osibanjo For Nigeria’s Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.