Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) (38189 Views)

Long Cobra Killed After Swallowing Turkey Eggs (Photos) / See The Big Python Killed In Our Compound(photos) / Big Python Killed In My Compound (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by Bubblefairy(f): 10:26pm On Apr 29, 2017
wapadunk:
grin If you see Lalasticlala in this thread sadshoot! He has almost sent all snakes in NIGERIA to extinction

Sometimes, i think Lalasticlala pushes snake threads to front page just for laughs! See Nairalanders calling his name left and right.

1 Like

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by KKKWHITE(m): 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Very soon there won't be a sign of snake in this country undecided
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by Bobbyjay001(m): 10:27pm On Apr 29, 2017
Foxyn:
is like you don't know the nutrients this tiny thing carries... grin

permit me to ask. How does it taste in your mouth while eating this reptile? Don't you people feel nauseat or somehow close?

Besides,I heard even at death,it bones still pose a serious risk of poisoning if it mistakenly strikes or has contact with human flesh.

I hail you people that eat snakes. Am sure you can eat lizards and "ayanbele" as well.

2 Likes

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by ZoneBslayer(m): 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
ThatCEO:
@op How do you know it's a black Mamba? If indeed it is, count yourself lucky that it didn't kill you first. Often, people just like to mention the name Black Mamba any how because they think it's cool, but that nigga na death itself.

Even the "dead head" of a black Mamba packs enough venom to send your body into shock and eventual death.
one keeps correcting these guys over and over.. the markings underneath the upper body of that snake clearly shows it's the common spitting cobra found across the tropics of west Africa...the color of the mamba isn't really black but grey...the 'black' in it's name is gotten from the inside of it's mouth which is very black and unique..

6 Likes

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2017
Wait o, athink say mamba carry venom full body like buhari carry mumu full head cheesy. How u wan take chop am without stories that touch, eg, Nairalander stretched out flat and almost departed in hospital, for eating a mamba undecided

1 Like

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by osazsky(m): 10:31pm On Apr 29, 2017
Bobbyjay001:

permit me to ask. How does it taste in your mouth while eating this reptile? Don't you people feel nauseat or somehow close?

Besides,I heard even at death,it bones still pose a serious risk of poisoning if it mistakenly strikes or has contact with human flesh.

I hail you people that eat snakes. Am sure you can eat lizards and "ayanbele" as well.
I ve eaten lizard it tastes like garden egg
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 29, 2017
Obviously this is not a black mamba black mambas are not black, and they are not found in Nigeria.
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by ikp120(m): 10:34pm On Apr 29, 2017
KKKWHITE:
Very soon there won't be a sign of snake in this country undecided
I will personally throw a party to celebrate the total extinction of snakes from Nigeria. Most times I wonder why God created things like snakes, scorpions, mosquitoes, etc. Abi na scientists create them?

4 Likes

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 29, 2017
ikp120:
I will personally throw a party to celebrate the total extinction of snakes from Nigeria. Most times I wonder why God created things like snakes, scorpions, mosquitoes, etc. Abi na scientists create them?
Oga abeg go browse the importance of snakes in the environment..una too dumb for this country
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by saintmark88(m): 10:37pm On Apr 29, 2017
That a snake is black doesn't mke it a black mamba, the way to know a mamba its inside its mouth, if its black,den u have a mamba, a mamba is a very venomous snake thts highly aggressive, its bite is very lethal, a mambas bite can kill a man in minutes
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by vickuzzy(m): 10:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
vickuzzy:
black mamba aint in nigeria
is not found easily
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by holybabayo(m): 10:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
are you sure that is a mamba? i doubt you could kill a rral one
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by gamechanger1: 10:45pm On Apr 29, 2017
ThatCEO:
@op How do you know it's a black Mamba? If indeed it is, count yourself lucky that it didn't kill you first. Often, people just like to mention the name Black Mamba any how because they think it's cool, but that nigga na death itself.

Even the "dead head" of a black Mamba packs enough venom to send your body into shock and eventual death.
That snake is certainly not a Black Mamba. Black mambas are actually grey in colour. It is the inside of the mouth that is black. Don't think we have black mamba's in nigeria
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by logica(m): 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
vickuzzy:
is not found easily
...only found in East Africa.
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by imma2(m): 11:06pm On Apr 29, 2017
4dor:
Lala, if you move this thread to the FP, I will trek from Lagos to Accra, Ghana.
hope you have gotten your Dunlop ready? smiley wink
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by bejeria101(m): 11:11pm On Apr 29, 2017
GogetterMD:
I don't understand how a snake can be a black mamba and a cobra at the same time undecided

A blackmamba featuring a cobra,its a remix.

2 Likes

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by SouthWestBlood(m): 11:19pm On Apr 29, 2017
ZoneBslayer:

one keeps correcting these guys over and over.. the markings underneath the upper body of that snake clearly shows it's the common spitting cobra found across the tropics of west Africa...the color of the mamba isn't really black but grey...the 'black' in it's name is gotten from the inside of it's mouth which is very black and unique..

And also, Black Mamba isn't in West Africa. I'm glad about that tho.

2 Likes

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by GarbaAudu: 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed
That's forest cobra aka black cobra. Guy, u are lucky. This specie is very poisonous though it always try to avoid humans
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by GogetterMD(m): 11:35pm On Apr 29, 2017
bejeria101:

grin grin grin
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by bewla(m): 11:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
benega:
Ftc, hurray. Meanwhile lala I think u violated rule 21 in this post. That should Be joystick chopped off. Seun I need his job grin grin grin
Omo u bad o
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 29, 2017
If you must eat snake at least skin it. Now that skin can go to make belts, shoes or you just keep it as a trophy. But no, you had to eat it.
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by Xkalaban(m): 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
Bros u pack liver ooo!!!! Wether that thing na Mamba or Cobra them both no good at all. Na widow maker be that o. But I think it's probably a Cobra cos I see some yellow stripes on it's neck. Well thank God you killed it first and not the other way round grin grin grin
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by akigbemaru: 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
yinkakani:
I killed a huge big black mamba in my compound this night. It even killed one of my birds. Rip to my chicken. ..
And of course I didn't let the meat go to waste grin grin. My pepper soup dn ready as we dey yan. . .

Lalasticlala. . .pepper soup is ready oo
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by salford: 11:52pm On Apr 29, 2017
GogetterMD:
I don't understand how a snake can be a black mamba and a cobra at the same time undecided
that is a west african spitting cobra/forest cobra. Op does not know the difference. black mambas are rarely found in nigeria.

The snake below is what op killed. They spitt when they spread their hood. They are quite common and have frequent encounters with dogs in Nigeria. If you come home and found out that your dog has a swollen eye tjat could last up to 3days...this snake is the number 1 suspect. We call it "igbadu" in the southwest. It packs alot of venom too.

5 Likes

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by Mojibola(m): 11:57pm On Apr 29, 2017
Actually, black mambas are not black in color.
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by Mojibola(m): 11:58pm On Apr 29, 2017
bejeria101:

lmfao
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by Xkalaban(m): 11:59pm On Apr 29, 2017
ikp120:

Thank you very​ much. I share exactly the same views on this matter as you.

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by GogetterMD(m): 12:00am On Apr 30, 2017
salford:

that is a west african spitting cobra/forest cobra. Op does not know the difference. black mambas are rarely found in nigeria.
In obodo Nigeria, any snake that is black is a black mamba
Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by Hades2016(m): 12:00am On Apr 30, 2017
b3llo:
Brave man... You did yourself well by killing this snake, if na some people they will let the snake run.
I swear if say na me see am na like this I go take run

1 Like

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by salford: 12:02am On Apr 30, 2017
GogetterMD:
In obodo Nigeria, any snake that is black is a black mamba
grin grin grin or the name "black mamba" just sounds cool.

1 Like

Re: Huge Cobra Killed In My Compound (Photos) by davidque007(m): 12:14am On Apr 30, 2017
If that was a black mamba, you will be dead by now. That's probably a Spitting cobra

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Electrocuted In Ebonyi State (disturbing Photos) / What Do You Do Whenever You're Bored?? / Help !! Victorian Is Dead ! Who Knows Her Family ? Her Neighbours Are Asking !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.