Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives (3075 Views)

Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction / Top 7 Ps3 Exclusives To Play Before You Move To Next Gen / Play PlayStation 2 (PS2) Games On PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 11:47am On Jan 26, 2007
PlayStation 2 and 3 Exclusives
The world wasn’t kind to Sony in 2006 with PR mishaps aplenty and the delay of the PS3 in Europe adding to the general impression that, as of now, the PS3 has an awful lot to do if it is to match the Xbox 360, or even Nintendo’s Wii. That said, 2007 is a new year and Sony will surely be working hard to regain their previous heights whilst the PS2 still has a little life left in it too.

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 (Konami – PS3 – Stealth): The great hope of the PS3, Metal Gear Solid is to Sony as Halo 3 is to Microsoft. It’s a system seller with a proven record, and they’ve been teasing the public with a variety of trailers for many months. The main change to the gameplay is reportedly a much improved stealth system, with a particular emphasis in open ended solutions rather than predetermined stealth sequences.

2. God of War 2 (SCE Studios – PS2 – Action Adventure): As one of the few notable PS2 exclusives remaining, God of War 2 makes keeping hold of your PS2 very worthwhile. The original God of War was a trailblazing action game of astronomical proportions, and God of War 2 should be the perfect way to sign-off the ageing console.

3. MotorStorm (Evolution Studios – PS3 – Arcade Racing): As one of the key early PS3 titles, MotorStorm promises a diverse range of vehicles all battling it out across off-road terrain. Developed by UK developers Evolution Studios, reviews from Japan – where the game has already been released – have been favourable and when it reaches North America and Europe it’ll have the online multiplayer modes not seen in the Japanese release.

4. Heavenly Sword (Ninja Theory – PS3 – Action Adventure): This martial arts action game received a number of accolades at last years’ E3, making it one of the most eagerly anticipated releases for the PS3 this year. Featuring a female protagonist of unknown origins, details are slim but expectation is predictably high thanks to some eye opening action scenes.

5. Devil May Cry 4 (Capcom – PS3 – Action): Between Heavenly Sword and this, the PS3 has the action genre well and truly covered. Devil May Cry is another of Sony’s key third party exclusives, and it has sold consistently well since it first appeared on the PS2. The first PS3 iteration will feature a major change in characters, with long-running protagonist Dante being replaced by a character named Nero.

Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by tcherokee(m): 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2007
As much as I'm a PS3 fan, i do not think we will be seeing the PS3 getting a sizable share of the market anytime soon. The reason being that it will take a while before game designers actually start harnessing the full power of the PS3 to produce truly "Wow" games. While all the games listed are good games with nice graphics, they are not yet near the stunning the PS3 will be capable of. Take a look at the Xbox360, When it first came out, it really didn't have any too many good games. Now we have Gears of War, Lost Planet, eagerly anticipating Assassins Creed, mass effect and the like that are now making people appreciate the Xbox 360. Besides, theres the asking price of the PS3 sad.

That doesn't mean i won't get one, I'm just saying it will take a while for Sony to recover the market share being held by xbox and Nintendo now (360 and wii). But we all know the eventually will, smiley
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2007
Sony really suffered a big blow for the PS3, me i'll hold on tight to my PS2
Xbox360 was the biggest seller over the holidays and the ps3 is really behind!

i have god of war and devil may cry so thats ok with moi
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by tcherokee(m): 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2007
both excellent games, can't wait for God of war 2 to come out, thoroughly enjoyed part 1 smiley
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 1:26pm On Jan 26, 2007
ok i think its out already,  undecided
hmm, i hvnt playd it myself, but i helped my cousin with some puzzles and stuff
Great game, i was busy on FF12,  wink
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by tcherokee(m): 1:56pm On Jan 26, 2007
It's not yet out, coming out march in the UK and april in the US(was supposed to come out in febuary, dunno what happened), First time we are getting anything released in the Uk first
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 2:24pm On Feb 15, 2007
god of War 2 is out grin

get movin pple and play these games wink
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by iice(f): 4:09am On Feb 18, 2007
Hmmm haven't seen God of war 2 yet but i loved the first one. . .Devil may cry is awesome grin
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by dakmanzero(m): 4:50pm On Feb 19, 2007
heavenly sword is nothing more than goddess of war- and it may not be good (tho it loooks great)

GOW2 is for ps2, not ps3. To sony right now, people buying more ps2's is not a good thing. (hence backward compatibility)

dmc4 may end up being good, but, we have seen nothing of it. PLUS it may end up on 360, if the recent trend is anything to go by.

ff13 is not a sure banker- the creatoprs of final fantasy have left the company to work for miocrosoft, so whatever ff13 is ff in name only.

At the end of the day, the only real great hopes for ps3 are killzone, motorstorm and mgs4. Not exactly a huge lineup.

Sony has their work cut out for them with this console.
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 8:31pm On Feb 20, 2007
who said god of war is for ps3,

Anyways still a FF fan always will be cool
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by marhoatumu(m): 5:00pm On Feb 22, 2007
playstation 3 is going down just like sega dreamcast(RIP), better convert to 360 while you still have the chance, or better yet move to PC gaming becos, no matter what come or goes, the PC will always be there. i heard news that very soon you will be able to play multiplayer games between xbox 360 and PC, thats a good thing becos all those pple who like to form playing FPS with pad will soon see the true power of the mouse and keyboard.
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2007
Yeah
i feel u Marho
the PC will only get better
PS3 is goin down, cry
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by dakmanzero(m): 2:00am On Feb 25, 2007
mr marhoatumu

I hope u know that the people using pads to play will have auto-aim.

Also the games that allow cross-platform multiplay will be specially designed for it, so u may see things like 'quickturn' buttons for the pad people, etc. It is true that all those so called halo players will DIE when faced with a REAL fps controller, but if the game was designed with smokin' keyboarders in mind, they can easily program a pad to KILL.

Hmmm. Gamine if the next ff game turns out to be crap will you still be a ff fan? maybe not. Remember te guys in charge have left the company! Things may not be the same.

This from a bonafide ff fan (not fanatic sha, ):

ff1 (NES)- finished
ff2(NES) - halfway
ff3(NES)- started
ff4(SNES)- final section
ff5(SNES)- gave up (sorry!)
ff6(SNES)-finished (beautiful game!)
chrono trigger- finished (4 endings)
secret of mana - finished
som2- started
ff7 - started
ff8-started
ff9 - not started but currently downloading for my psp,
fffx- halfway (boring to pieces)
ffx2- started (dumped)
ffxii- searching for it!
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 5:03pm On Feb 25, 2007
Okey
Dakmanzero
heres my resume.

FF1-- shocked
FF2-- shocked
FF3 shocked
FF4 shocked
FF5 shocked
FF6- HALFWAY
FF7- FINISHED(twice)
FF8-FINISHED
FF9-FINISHED (twice)
FFX- HATED IT
FFX2- STARTED ( i dont like it tho)
FFXI-
FFXII- STARTED (i like it!! grin)

ChronoTrigger- Started
Secret of Mana-Started

I will still be a fan provided, it delivers whut appeals to me! wink
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by dakmanzero(m): 12:31am On Feb 26, 2007
yeah small update to my resume smiley

I got ff12 on ps2 today! I pray i get to play it. Unlike ffx whch made me come late to work twice and eventually made me get a headache just by looking at it (i agree with you, the game is boring)

I also downloaded ff9 for psp today! I'll prolly start playing it before the night is up! smiley

are u playing ff6,som and chrono trigger on emulators?
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by texazzpete(m): 8:26am On Feb 26, 2007
watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w

Sadly i havent played any of the final fantasy games except for ff8, and a corrupted memory card killed that dream for me. Vagrant Story on Ps1 used to be my great love, until my ps1 packed up and died.

i dunno about RPGs though. i guess i prefer adventure RPGs like Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Best. Game. EVER!).

now watch that vid i linked to. you know u wanna grin

Wii = FTW!!
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by WebMonk(m): 10:22am On Feb 26, 2007
watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w

Sadly i havent played any of the final fantasy games except for ff8, and a corrupted memory card killed that dream for me. Vagrant Story on Ps1 used to be my great love, until my ps1 packed up and died.

i don't know about RPGs though. i guess i prefer adventure RPGs like Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Best. Game. EVER!).

now watch that vid i linked to. you know u want to Grin

Wii = FTW!!

Now that's crazy! lmao.

And now, the battle of the final fantasy gaming resume (kidding, lol)

FF3- Started
FF4- Started
FF5- halfway
FF6- Nope
FF8- Finished
FF9- Didn't like it
FFXII- FINISHED! Bwhahahahahah! You won't be dissappointed. Oscar Standard

Ciao!
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 4:07pm On Feb 26, 2007
Yeah i play SOM, FF6 and Chrono Cross and Trigger on emulators
when we had NES, the closest we were to RPGs was Mario, i dint evn see Zelda
til the emulator

Vagrant story? neva got around to playn it
i just saw the reviews.

I so know i wont be disappointed wit FF12 grin
my younger sista is way ahead of me, embarassed
i will still beat her tho, lol wink
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by marhoatumu(m): 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2007
you guys are really into RPGs. i just started like 3 years ago and now i have to make up for all the lost years. thank god for emulators though, i just finished FF7 and castlevania-symphony of the night. FF7 took me like a whole year to play because of system problems( formatted twice without backup and a deleted memory card file) but i finally got through it. i'm looking for FF6 currently and i'll continue going downwards after that. my best RPG game of all time is Diablo II. that is just one game i can never get tired of. i've been playing for 2 years straight now( not continiously though). its really really deep. i recommend it to anyone who wants to start playing RPG.
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 6:31pm On Feb 26, 2007
Diablo
Ur such a PC gamer Marho,
Get urself a console jo!! tongue
Playn FF7 on PC angry
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by marhoatumu(m): 5:12pm On Feb 27, 2007
whats wrong with being a PC gamer? I'm currently into RPGs, FPS, Strategy and Adventure games and these are more enjoyable on a PC(as far as i'm concerned). i dont really enjoy sports games(except the tony hawk series which is also on PC) and i prefer watching fighting games to playing them, so all my current "faves" are available on PC and I'm happy. if i was to go for consoles, i would prefer the portable ones(PSP and Co.)
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 5:34pm On Feb 27, 2007
Marho,
No cause for control ooh shocked
i was making a statement
i game on the PC
but i hv to tell its more interestn on consoles at times
but if it works for u ok.
ok smiley
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by iice(f): 7:58am On Mar 04, 2007
Am more of a console gamer than a PC gamer, nwayz got no time to play these days.
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by gbadex1(m): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2007
God, i so much hate RPGs with a passion!!! Final Fantasy and the likes suck like 2year old babies!!

gbade's prefrences? Beat 'em ups and shoot 'em ups!!! Adventures do it for me! Shoot 'em ups especially FPS' are the sh*t!!

Not forgetting Football!! want to come tess? Then grab some FIFA '06 or '07 or Pro Evo 5 n 6 (though i still think 4 was full of sht)!

RPGs are the most boring genre of gaming! Boring, dumbass gameplay, retarded fight scenes, and a whole buncha BS (though graphics are usually great and storyline's sometimes aight)
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by echowords(m): 1:29am On Mar 05, 2007
RPGs have to do with i higher sense of gaming. Think, Predict and execute.
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by gbadex1(m): 6:09pm On Mar 05, 2007
Higher sense of gaming? Please don't make me laugh!!!

If there is ever a genre of gaming that makes gamers Think, Plan and Execute, that would most definitely be RTS (Real Time Strategy).

RPGs are the eyesore of gaming and is only loved by socially deprived hardcore geeks.

I prefer games that make me think on my feet, action at the spur of moment, games that have live action scenes unlike dumbass RPGs where a coupla retards a la heroes stand like fig trees, one hits the monster and waits. . . Then the monster hits back. . . . i mean i was at a friend's house watching that sh*t (ff12) and i was like What Tha Bleep?!
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 12:49pm On Mar 08, 2007
i do hate u now Gbade. angry

Nothing sucks like football, u hear!
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by gbadex1(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2007
Lmao, nothing rocks like Football!

Awwwgh, spoilt my G-Girl's fave gaming genre? It ain't ma fault RPGs are pure retardation. Hell, watching Teletubbies is more gratifying cheesy tongue
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by dakmanzero(m): 8:03pm On Mar 14, 2007
Ok, this response will go to Gamine and gbade

first of all, Gbade:

Dude! Why the hate for RPGs?!!?! I'll have you know that ALL computer games are descended from RPGs as the first computer game ever, Adventure, was an RPG.

I started writing games by studying rpgs. before I got into computers I couldnt get enough of those great 'play your own adventure' gamebooks and the tabletop dice-based rpgs. When we were kids I had a basictutor computer and spent most of my time writing various electronic dice and programs to make the computer act as a makeshift 'dungeon master' for our pen-and-paper d&d sessions. DUDE!!!!

DO NOT DISRESPECT THE RPG!!!!

unless you want to disrespect games in general in which case we are all not listening to you here!

RPGs are more demanding of brainwork than rts, fps, beat em ups, and shoot em ups. YES, I included RTS. And this is from the dude that will KILL you at starcraft and Total annihilation (prhaps any other rts, maybe with some practice, )

turn-based strategy, like civilisation, and srpgs like front mission and fftactics are more cerebral than rpgs, granted, but dont go destroying your credibility by claiming that GOD OF WAR needs more brainpower than final fantasy. If you watched a guy playing ff12, but didnt play it yourself, you are exused for thinking it does npot require any brains. Play one past halfway first (sadly you need to get that far) and then we'll talk.

the problem is with modern RPGs, they try not to scare the unbelievers (like you) away by introducng the HEAVY BATTLES too early, so they make things prett easy. even then with ffx i hear you can just cruise to the end, and all the really intense stuff is optional. If you want an RPG that has no qualms and will slaughter you mercilessly without a second thought, search for breath of fire 2 on SNES emulators and be humbled. Then come back and tell me the RTS is more demanding of the brain. Hiss. Not your fault.

Gamine:

I just got through disc1 of final fantasy 9 and I must say it is excellent! Do give it a go. If you liked the nomura-designed ff's (like ff6) you'll enjoy the characters portrayed here.

I have access to a copy of ff7 now! but ill finish ff9 first :-)

still havent started on ff12.Sittn there gathering dust. Hope i get to play it this lifetime

I bought a copy of ff8 for ps1 from a shop that didnt know what to do with it. I succesfully ripped discs 1 and 2 to the pc for later play on the psp but discs 3 and 4 have errors :-( Im torn between playing it on the ps2 and hoping the errors dont freeze the game when i get to disc 3, and going to the internet to find discs 3 and 4 (in which casde the ps1 cds are a waste of money :-( )
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by c0dec(m): 2:42pm On Mar 15, 2007
IMO, FF9 was quite good but just too short.

I still haven't been able to finish or even properly play any of the FFs on PS2 - no thanks to my real life.
anyway, i'm patiently waiting for FF7 for the PSP.
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by Gamine(f): 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2007
@DakmanZero, [b]finished FF9 Twice!, [/b]veeery sweet! wink
Re: The Gamer's Guide To 2007:playstation 2 And 3 Exclusives by dakmanzero(m): 3:33pm On Mar 20, 2007
STILL AT THE beginning of disc 2!!!

I'm sorry I got sidetracked by metroid fusion, metroid zero mission and castlevania harmony of dissonance! lol!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinese Company To Launch New Game Console CT510 / . / Fifa 20 And Ps4 Controllers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.