Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Beware Of Job Scam After Nysc - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Beware Of Job Scam After Nysc (547 Views)

New NYSC Job Scam! Personal Experience / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? / After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware Of Job Scam After Nysc by ademike629: 11:41am On Apr 28, 2017
#Copied.
DON'T FALL VICTIM OF JOB SCAM(SHELL) AS SOME SCAMMERS HAVE BEEN USING NYSC MAGAZINE & OTHER WAYS!
There is no doubt some job scammers has now advance by looking out for CV's & NYSC Magazines to get ones information"Please Beware" I received the Sms "Good a.m John is me Egwede Phillip,ur ex-copa mate in Ogun State. Am working with Shell oil company in Rivers state branch,cal me now for details b/cos internal recruitment is going on now" the message was sent by 08060618784 on 20/04/17 @ 7:34 am I called him even dough I can't recall him I did so because:
1)He knows my name
2)I studied Geophysics
3)I did my Nysc in Ogun State
he would later said he's brother in-law(who he said is Barrister,Brown by name) who works @ SHELL helped him and he has talked to him to do same for me he said he was to give d slot to his brother but he still doing is NYSC & as such not qualified he called his number on phone (08054725218) which I pen down but after d call I asked myself this questions:
1)why can't he send the number as sms since he works in shell
2) no old greetings & memories
3)his pronunciation of Ikenne LGA is not too convincing having served a year there according to him
I immediately put a call across to d said Barrister but he didn't pick @ first and he later pick d second time I introduce myself and mentioned Egwede Phillips his in-law he designed d talk that I appreciated the slot he said d pay is 450k as a result of d global drop in cruel oil price he asked me to paid #25,500 been money for letter of recommendation & medical fitness as d job is met for indiges of the town (of which I'm not) and that the have to lobby the royal highness 4 d letter during the call conversation I observed his phones kept ringing probably some would-be-victims calling my memory zoomed into action but I decided to play along to see where it would end I went back to search my NYSC year book 2016 (Ikenne LGA) for the name but I couldn't found it the barrister asked me to send my email which I did he sent a mail from: nwagwufriday33@gmail.ckm containing SHELL employment form & account details:
Oluo Bright Chukuma 3096952992 First Bank and asked me to filled and send back to barrpepple@yahoo.com.
please rebrocast to save someone.

(1) (Reply)

IMSU 2016/2017 NYSC Briefing Of Pcm’s/final Year Students Schedule Out / I Know Most People Can Relate To This / Job Vacancy For The Post Of A Secretary/customer Care And A Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.