Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? (17295 Views)

Chelsea Fan Dies After Lampard's city equalizer. / Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: / Xavi Vs Lampard Who's Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2010
ritchboy:

Gerrard is a far better passer of the ball than Lampard. He attempts more killer balls than Lampard, who only picks out passes Stevie Wonder could make, which is why Lampard has better passing stats.

I guess thats why Lamps makes 50% more assists and 50% more key passes than Gerrard. . . . upon all Gerrards killer balls, he is not creating nearly as much as Lampard. . . . soon you will say that Torres is missing all the killer chances that Gerrard creates!  grin

edoyad:

The day lampard rescues his team twice in a FA cup final, wake me from my beauty sleep.
The day Lampard doubles as a right back and mid fielder to rescue his team from 3-0 deficit to AC Milan in a UCL final, wake me up from my Gerardic slumber.

I see you are still living in 2005. . . . I guess you were asleep last season when Lamps rescued Chelsea in the FA Cup. . . and the season before when he pulled Chelsea back into the Champions League final. . . . all Gerrard fans have to say about Gerrard is his overblown contribution to 2005. . . . in that case Seydou Keita is my greatest midfielder of all time having rescued Mali from 4-0 down yesterday!  tongue

More stats for the haters from 08/09 season. . .

Tackles Won
40 - Lampard
34 - Gerrard
22 - Giggs
11 - Ronaldo

Passes Intercepted
30 - Lampard
26 - Gerrard
22 - Giggs
15 - Ronaldo

Shots Blocked
9 - Lampard
1 - Gerrard
1 - Ronaldo
0 - Giggs

http://soccerword.com/index.php?blog=2&title=frank_lampard_snubbed&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

So Lampard cannot play in a 4-4-2. . . . what position does he play for England?. . . defensively, I have never seen Ashley Cole face a 2-on-1 situation with Lamps playing just ahead of him on the left-side of the diamond. . . Lamps is always there to help out. . . . Lamps is an attacking and defensive heavyweight. . . .
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2010
Ibime
a killer pass doesnt mean it goes to torres directly. . . I've seen Gerrard make defence splitting diagonals to kuyt/arbeloa countless times. If kuyt/arbeloa square the ball for torres to score, they get the credit for the assist, not gerrard(who unlocked the D), something stats will never tell you.
Carrick is twice the passer lampard is, He's nowhere to be found in ur stats.
Like 90% of lampard's assists come from set pieces. The presence of giants like drogba, terry, ivanovic, ballack, alex, etc in the box make some of lampard's atrocious deliveries look world class cheesy
from open play, the number of chances lampard creates in an entire season is the same amount players like cesc, iniesta, pizarro create in a single game. . . DISGRACE!! grin grin
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by edoyad(m): 9:10pm On Jan 11, 2010
Ibime calls two stellar performances in two consecutive finals in 2005 and 2006 ancient history, tell me of Franks recent history then. Notice I've not gone back to dig up his incredible goal to bury Man U in the league cup final of 2001, or is it 2002 ?
These kind of players who almost single handedly ensure that teams win in finals are not found in beans market. cool . Lampard is just a salary earner, shikena !
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2010
This is fraudulent. Absolute bollocks. . . This stats thingy is really pushing boudaries.

Chelsea V Fulham . . Last Chelsea match. . .

Lampard 44 passes - 37 completed.
Mikel 42 passes - 40 completed.

Now according to Ibime that makes Mikel a better midfielder than Lampard. . . Which single one of those 40 passes from Mikel actually created anything threatening. . . I can tell you. . . NONE.

Meanwhile stats tell you a different story. . . Man I have got eyes and I see where Mikel passes the ball to most times. .

Same theory is being imported into this Gerard - Lamps debate.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 10:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
Tackles Won
40 - Lampard
34 - Gerrard
22 - Giggs
11 - Ronaldo

Passes Intercepted
30 - Lampard
26 - Gerrard
22 - Giggs
15 - Ronaldo

Shots Blocked
9 - Lampard
1 - Gerrard
1 - Ronaldo
0 - Giggs

Now this is where you are talking absolute bollocks. . .

Why did you fail to post the number of start. . . If you didn't want to I will help you . . .

Lampard - 37 starts
Gerrard - 30 starts.

Now do you see that your nonsense stats are flawed. I told you from the stats that Lamps makes more passes is no yardstick. Everyone knows Lamps never misses a game and that's the advantage he's got. He will be damn right useless if he didn't have more passes after playing more games. The number of games started by both midfielders however shows, that Gerrard may just nick it or maybe even even the stats.

That does not prove anything. Lamps plays every game and that's one of the reasons he scores more goals than most mid-fielders. Lamps is a box to box midfielder and that is very different from one that dominates.

Last year CL 1/4 finals. . . . Liverpool V Chelsea. . . Gus Hiddink - one of the world's best tacticians and readers of the game developed a plan to put a man on Gerrard. . to effectively cut out the supply from Gerrard.

Hiddink says. . . "I[i]t is not so difficult to know where the weapons and arms are in Liverpool. It is Torres and Gerrard and the triangle with Dirk Kuyt and the right-back Alvaro Arbeloa. This is what you have to disarm and Essien was key in this."[/i]

If you don't know. . . You don't attempt to man mark a "useless midfielder" like you call him. . . You don't man-mark a midfielder that does not dominate the midfield. You don't man-mark a midfielder that's not creative.

Where in history have heard someone man-marking Lamps?. . . That's because he's not creative, because he does not dominate and he is not all that.

Only of course if you call Hiddink an idi.ot as well.

Abeg leave all these stats things alone. . . The only thing Frank does better than Steven is  score goals. Take that away and Lamps is just an ordinary footballer. .
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 11:39pm On Jan 11, 2010
ritchboy:

Ibime
a killer pass doesnt mean it goes to torres directly. . . I've seen Gerrard make defence splitting diagonals to kuyt/arbeloa countless times. If kuyt/arbeloa square the ball for torres to score, they get the credit for the assist, not gerrard(who unlocked the D), something stats will never tell you.

Thats why we have a statistics called key passes. . . . ie passes in a move that lead to a goal or chance. . . . lemme remind you. . . .

Key Passes:

Lampard - 124
Gerrard - 80
Fabregas - 63
Alonso - 62
Barry - 60

^^^Nateevs, you better take note of the above. . . . it will help you differentiate between possession kings like Mikel and Denilson from effective killas like Lampard.

nateevs:

Why did you fail to post the number of start. . . If you didn't want to I will help you . . .

Lampard - 37 starts
Gerrard - 30 starts.

Now do you see that your nonsense stats are flawed. I told you from the stats that Lamps makes more passes is no yardstick. Everyone knows Lamps never misses a game and that's the advantage he's got. He will be damn right useless if he didn't have more passes after playing more games. The number of games started by both midfielders however shows, that Gerrard may just nick it or maybe even even the stats.

Mugu. . . . I am now sure you dropped Mathematics before Junior WAEC. . . . lemme help you. . .

Lampard = 37 starts, Gerrard = 30 starts.

No of key passes: Lampard = 124, Gerrard = 80.

Let us scale Gerrard up to 37 matches = 37/30 (80) = 98.7. . . . still a cool 25 key passes behind Lampard.

No of blocks: Lampard = 9, Gerrard = 1.

If a nucca made one block in 30 matches, you dont need Mathematics to tell you that I would be generous to apportion him 2 blocks in 37 games. . . . . still 7 blocks behind Lampard.

Total passes: Lampard = 2,560, Gerrard = 1,930

Scaling Gerrard up to 37 games, we have 37/30 (1930) = 2380. . . . still a cool 180 passes behind Lampard.

I can carry on and on. . . . but Im sure you catch the drift by now. . . . now drift off!

nateevs:

Abeg leave all these stats things alone. . . The only thing Frank does better than Steven is  score goals. Take that away and Lamps is just an ordinary footballer. .

fa, fa, fa, foul!. . . . so what do you have to say next?

nateevs:

Where in history have heard someone man-marking Lamps?. . . That's because he's not creative, because he does not dominate and he is not all that.

Gerrard is a counterattacking player and most counterattacking players are watched cos of their speed. . . . mugu. .  . it makes no sense to mark a traditional central midfielder like Lamps. . . . . naturally, traditional central midfielders manmark each other just by their position on the pitch. . . .  have you ever seen anyone manmarking Fabregas before? . . . . tactical mugu!

BTW, what an easy job that was for Essien. . . . totally exposed Gerrards lack of technique in tight spaces. . . all the mugu wants to do is burst forward in speed. . . . anyone who is faster than him would easily manmark him.

edoyad:

Ibime calls two stellar performances in two consecutive finals in 2005 and 2006 ancient history, tell me of Franks recent history then.

This is why your ties to Gerrard are emotional, not logical. Yes, he was lucky that his best moment came in CL final and FA Cup final. . . . however, he is not of the same consistency as Lampard.

I will also remind you that Lampard won FA cup final for Chelsea and also dragged them back into a CL final. . . amongst other games such as Bayern Munich quarter final match etc. . . . we do not congratulate Lamps in Roy of the Rovers hyperbole like the English press do to Gerrard who is accredited with every single comeback. . .
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 12:07am On Jan 12, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
Lampard in a flat 4-4-2 is 10 times worse than Gerrard. Lampard needs AT LEAST two other CM's by his side to mask his inadequacies.

Stop watching your football on a Black/White TV.

Gerrard is a far better passer of the ball than Lampard. He attempts more killer balls than Lampard, who only picks out passes Stevie Wonder could make, which is why Lampard has better passing stats.

The object is to keep it simple.
Gerrard attempts 50 hollywood passes with only 2 or 3 going to the intended player. . . . . .That is not good enough.
Lampard keeps it simple. He spots Drogba and he makes the eye of the needle pass with the required weight and it's BINGO.

As a matter of fact, the only thing Lampard has on his side is stats, which are EXTREMELY DECEPTIVE!
The same kind of stats that rank Denilson among the 5 best players in the EPL. . . The same kind of stats that rank Henry the best player in the world. This isnt basketball, in soccer, stats go out the window.

I have seen Lampard co-ordinate Chelsea's midfield when it seemed there was no real leader in the TEAM.
I remember Barca 2-2 Chelsea at Nou Camp. Lampard stood tall amongst the best midfield players in Europe.
Gerrard is just a small fish in a tiny pond and i am 100% sure he is not in Lampard's category.

Who said Denilson is amongst the 5 best players in the EPL?
Denilson is not in the top 15 midfielders in the EPL.
I challenge any NL analyst to prove to me Denilson has a better stat than the usual suspects.

P.S. i have watched Lampard play 499 games and he's FAILED to dictate play in 500 of them.

Take your blinkers off.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 12:27am On Jan 12, 2010
Ibime
YOUR STATISTICS ARE RUBBISH!!
so lampard made 124 "key passes" and cesc made 63? I'm laughing in reverse with the hidden message: actim have lost the plot!
Cesc made 22 appearances, even if we scale it up to lampard's 37, it means cesc had 180 key passes. So lampard made 44 more key passes than cesc? Did they add the ones he made in his dreams as well? The season lampard makes 0.01 more "key passes" than cesc, Accrington Stanley will win the EPL by 99 points with 9 games in hand! Ur stats arent even worthy to be used to wrap boli cheesy grin
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 12:35am On Jan 12, 2010
ritchboy:

Ibime
so lampard made 124 "key passes" and cesc made 63? I'm laughing in reverse with the hidden message: actim have lost the plot!
Cesc made 22 appearances, even if we scale it up to lampard's 37, it means cesc had 180 key passes. So lampard made 44 more key passes than cesc? Did they add the ones he made in his dreams as well? The season lampard makes 0.01 more "key passes" than cesc, Accrington Stanley will win the EPL by 99 points with 9 games in hand! your stats arent even worthy to be used to wrap boli cheesy grin

Ritchboy, get some perspective.

Last season, Lampard copped 1866 accurate passes out of 2315 total passes he made in the league.
Out of 1622 passes Fabregas made last season, only 1276 of them reached an Arsenal player.

Work out their pass completion and get back to me.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 12:47am On Jan 12, 2010
Sauron
go and look up the actim index for last season and tell me how many midfielders ranked higher than denilson.
Let me ask u, who is a better passer of the ball, lampard or carrick?
statistically, who passed the ball better last season, lampard or carrick?
Statistics are useless in football!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 12:54am On Jan 12, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
go and look up the actim index for last season and tell me how many midfielders ranked higher than denilson.

Actim Index is deceptive because it lays too much emphasis on the number of minutes played.
Denilson played more games than his peers last season thus his ascendancy in the Actim Index.
The ONLY way to know a better pass is the pass completion percentage.

Let me ask u, who is a better passer of the ball, lampard or carrick?
statistically, who passed the ball better last season, lampard or carrick?
Statistics are useless in football!

Carrick SHYTES on any English midfielder bar SCHOLES as far as passing the ball is concerned but then you need more than passing the ball to be a complete midfielder. Gerrard and Lampard earn their money because apart from being a decent passer of the ball, they can shoot from any range, hit free-kicks, deliver decent crosses and other indices.

Carrick still needs to hone his skills in the other aspects. His passing of the ball is WORLD CLASS - I know that much.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 12:58am On Jan 12, 2010
ritchboy:

Ibime
Cesc made 22 appearances, even if we scale it up to lampard's 37, it means cesc had 180 key passes. So lampard made 44 more key passes than cesc?

I dont know what you are arguing here. . . .

I am of the opinion that Cesc is the greatest central midfielder ever seen in the Premiership.

Cesc >>>> Lampard >>>> Gerrard

I encourage everyone to explore the statistics and scale players up if they do make sufficient appearances.

For example, Lampard missed nearly 3 months of 07/08 season due to injury and his mothers death. He did not make the top list of passers because of that. However, if you check the statistics of passes per minute, Lampard was second only to Cesc Fabregas. . . . therefore, if we scale Lampard up to 38 games, he will naturallly come second in the charts for no of passes completed.

BTW, your mathematics is wrong. . . .

If Cesc made 22 appearances, then if we scale Cesc up to 37 games, we have 37/22*(63) = 105 key passes, not 180 as you claim.

BTW, anyone who doesnt think Denilson is a good passer of the ball needs to consult Debosky for tutelage. Denilson passes the ball very well. . . its in the key passes department where we seperate the effective passers (Lamps, Cesc) from the rest of the also-rans.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 1:13am On Jan 12, 2010
Sauron
lampard had 80% pass completion while cesc had 78%. It tells us as much as a fat pig's fart. Like nateevs illustrated with mikel and lampard, pass completion is useless if the passes are sideways & backwards. The number of killer balls cesc produces in one season is more than the amount lampard will manage in his entire career cheesy

how many players ranked higher than denilson last season? Did u forget to check? cheesy

If carrick is a better passer than lampard yet lampard continually murders him in just about every passing statistic, what does it tell us about actim, castrol etc?
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 1:27am On Jan 12, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
lampard had 80% pass completion while cesc had 78%. It tells us as much as a fat pig's fart. Like nateevs illustrated with mikel and lampard, pass completion is useless if the passes are sideways & backwards.

It tells us a lot if Lampard is also leading the assists and key passes chart.

If all his passes are sideways and backward, he would not be leading the assists and key passes chart. . . . by a long margin I might add.

This analogy only applies to ineffective passers like Mikel and Denilson.

It is funny that Chelsea scored only 68 goals last season to Liverpools 77, yet Lampard was far more involved in the goals created than Gerrard.

I am still waiting for someone to produce concrete evidence that Gerrard is more effective than Lamps in any of the key areas of midfield play. . . . all Im hearing so far is conjecture an subjective opinions. . . most of these opinions formed by highlight reels on MOTD where Gerrards contribution is overemphasised. . . . I watch football with my eyes open, and without bias, and I tell you that Lampard is the most consistent and most effective midfielder I have seen in the last 7 years. . . . only Cesc has the potential to overtake him, and will do so this season.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 1:30am On Jan 12, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
lampard had 80% pass completion while cesc had 78%. It tells us as much as a fat pig's fart. Like nateevs illustrated with mikel and lampard, pass completion is useless if the passes are sideways & backwards. The number of killer balls cesc produces in one season is more than the amount lampard will manage in his entire career cheesy

Lampard makes more forward passes than Cesc Fabregas. I know that much.
This is why he leads in the KEY passes statistic. Passing sideways and backwards cannot constitute a KEY pass.
Get some perspective.

how many players ranked higher than denilson last season? Did u forget to check? cheesy

Paul Scholes and Mikel Obi on the top of ma head recorded a better pass completion than Denilson.

If carrick is a better passer than lampard yet lampard continually murders him in just about every passing statistic, what does it tell us about actim, castrol etc?

Lampard does not murder Carrick in every passing statistic.
Apart from Scholes, no English midfielder comes near CARRICK in passing the ball.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 2:16am On Jan 12, 2010
Like i said b4, many of lampards assists come from set pieces(he takes like 99% of them), and is further undermined by chelsea's prowess in the air.
If you must bring up stats, cite the ones that are clear for all to see, i.e goals, passes, shots etc not obscure stats like "key passes". What exactly is a key pass? Is there a global definition or is it cooked up by the pot-bellied folks at Actim? How on earth did lampard make 124 key passes last season(3.3 per game)? I watch most chelsea games, no way in hell did lampard average 3.3 "KEY passes". It is heavily flawed.

Sauron
Are u telling me lampard is a better passer of the ball than cesc? Or that lampard delivers more significant passes than cesc? Either of them are laughable.
Using stats to portray lampard a better player than gerrard is just as ridiculous as castrol telling us henry is the best player in the world.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 2:17am On Jan 12, 2010
~Sauron~:

Paul Scholes and Mikel Obi on the top of ma head recorded a better pass completion than Denilson.

Lampard does not murder Carrick in every passing statistic.
Apart from Scholes, no English midfielder comes near CARRICK in passing the ball.

A key factor to passing is stamina. . . whilst Carrick is a good passer, he does not get himself in positions to receive the ball often enough, therefore he will never impact on the passing charts.

Denilson on the other hand is always running, looking to receive the ball and pass it on, thats why he is always near the top of the passing stats.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 2:28am On Jan 12, 2010
Ibime:

A key factor to passing is stamina. . . whilst Carrick is a good passer, he does not get himself in positions to receive the ball often enough, therefore he will never impact on the passing charts.

I disagree.
Nobody does it better than Carrick when it comes to passing the ball and making himself available to receive the ball.
Carrick's only flaw is his gentleman nature. He does not tackle enough as he relies more on interceptions than actually tackling the player with the ball.

HELL will freeze before Carrick will cop a red card.

Denilson on the other hand is always running, looking to receive the ball and pass it on, thats why he is always near the top of the passing stats.

Denilson is near the top of passing stats because of the way Arsenal play.
Arsenal fanny around with the ball quite a lot more than any other team in the EPL.
United can get the ball to the opponents' box within seconds cos they are direct.  Arsenal will pass n pass n pass n pass before they pose threats.

ritchboy:

Sauron
Are u telling me lampard is a better passer of the ball than cesc? Or that lampard delivers more significant passes than cesc? Either of them are laughable.
Using stats to portray lampard a better player than gerrard is just as ridiculous as castrol telling us henry is the best player in the world.

Lampard hits more KEY passes than Cesc.
I cannot count the number of times Drogba/Anelka have benefited from Lampard's slide-rule passes.
He is direct. He doesn't make 30 triangular passes to set up a goal assist like Cesc.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 2:41am On Jan 12, 2010
ritchboy:

Like i said b4, many of lampards assists come from set pieces(he takes like 99% of them), and is further undermined by chelsea's prowess in the air.

This is all conjecture. . .

Do you have stats to back this up?

Off the top of my head, I would argue that Liverpool scored as many goals from set-plays as Chelsea last season.

First Nateevs said Gerrards corners are better than Lamps (which they are).

Now you're saying those corners dont yield good results like Lampards corners.

Y'all better make ya mind up!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 2:46am On Jan 12, 2010
Ibime:

This is all conjecture. . .

Do you have stats to back this up?

He doesn't have anything to back it up. . . .
Lampard shytes on Gerrard.

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/pdfs/sport/passingfancies.pdf
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 10:33am On Jan 12, 2010
nateevs:

Steve's shot from range WITH BOTH FEET and perfectly most times is worthy of emulation for any young and upcoming footballer.  When Steve takes a half-volley from range, 90% of the time, he hits the target. Lamps hits the ball and 30% of the time, it's off target, 30% hits an opposing player, 30% deflects and the a tiny % scores. . . AND HE CAN ONLY DO THAT WITH HIS RIGHT FOOT,  . . Stevie takes shot with both feet . . ALWAYS!

I just noticed this properly now. . . . you are a FOOL!!!!

With which foot did Lampard score the winning goal against Everton in FA Cup final?

Kindly take yourself over to youtube if you have forgotten how often Lamps has scored with his left foot.

Now answer this. . . . . have you ever seen Stevie G pass the ball with his left foot?. . . . capital NO!. . . . he would rather waste time shifting the ball to his right foot than attempt any pass with his left foot. . . . on the the other hand, Lamps passes with both feet without blinking.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 10:56am On Jan 12, 2010
Ibime:

I just noticed this properly now. . . . you are a FOOL!!!!

With which foot did Lampard score the winning goal against Everton in FA Cup final?

Kindly take yourself over to youtube if you have forgotten how often Lamps has scored with his left foot.

Now answer this. . . . . have you ever seen Stevie G pass the ball with his left foot?. . . . capital NO!. . . . he would rather waste time shifting the ball to his right foot than attempt any pass with his left foot. . . . on the the other hand, Lamps passes with both feet without blinking.

I have been reading this all along and decided to find the right time to enter. . . You are an even bigger fool by telling me of one particular time in history where a player scored a goal with his left foot. . . and then using that as a yardstick for understanding that Lamps is prolific with his left foot. Are you shitting from your nose?

This is getting clearly emotional. Nothing more. . .You will go to any lengths to back your empty theories up.

Every follower of football knows those who are two footed. You don't need to quote history to remember who uses both feet . . We have to for lamps

I don't go to Youtube for Lamps goals. I have 100 Lampard and 100 Drogba goals recorded from ChelseaTV. I have watched them over and over and over again. I know what and what these fellas can't do.

Don't tell me sh.it

Pause video at 3.04 and inform yourself. More videos for you.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q52lZhKDESU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]

Just look half-volleys after half-volleys and you are telling me dude doesn't have technique. The guy has mastered the technique to take shots without thinking and even with his left foot. Ball in the air on the ground. . he takes it. Lamps has to have the ball most times on the ground!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 11:31am On Jan 12, 2010
nateevs:

This is getting clearly emotional. Nothing more. . .You will go to any lengths to back your empty theories up.

Nucca STFU. . . . I will not hesitate to rain curses on you when you think like an slowpoke. . . . trust me, its not personal!

The best you can do is go and pull up Gerrards top ten goals. . . . if I pull up Lamps top goals, trust you would see greater variety than just longe range shots. . . . . Bayern Munich, Barcelona etc. . . .

nateevs:

Just look half-volleys after half-volleys and you are telling me dude doesn't have technique. The guy has mastered the technique to take shots without thinking and even with his left foot. Ball in the air on the ground. . he takes it. Lamps has to have the ball most times on the ground!

No one is disputing that Gerrard has technique of half volleys. . . . what we're doubting is his touch-tight technique and short-range passing technique. . . . . as I've said Gerrard is possibly the best long range shooter in the world since Rivaldo. . . .but thats it!. . . . however, claiming that Lamps cant shoot with left foot is darn silly of you. . . you've always hated Lamps cos you feel he is not a ninny playmaker that you desire. . . .

Go to any youtube clip and you will see left foot shot after left shot. . . . perhaps you forgot the brilliant left foot chip against Hull last season for example. . . . the volley over the head against Bayern Munich with his left foot etc. . . .

You havent answered one question. . . . can Gerrard pass with his left foot. . . . capital NO!

You've said Lamps cant head, cant shoot with left foot, others say Lamps assists come from set-pieces. . . . you are such a dimwitted mugu. . . .

Lemme show you just one video from only ONE season. . . . Lampard assists, passes, goals. . . . from 2008/2009 alone. . . .you will see headers, left-footers, right-footers, pinpoint passes, trivellas, paellas etc. . . . .  then come back to talk shite. . . . the technique of passes and assists shown in this video is something Gerrard can only dream of. . . . and this is from one season only!

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UHPptUDuRQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

nateevs:

More videos for you. 

Surprise me with anything from Gerrard other than long range volleys, longe range passes and burst of pace. . . . show me some variety mehn!!!
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by ritchboy(m): 12:05pm On Jan 12, 2010
Sauron
lampard makes more key passes than cesc? how gullible are you? I have eyes, i dont need actim to tell me who does what better with their obscure stats. Ok, who do you think makes the most "key passes" in the league off the top of ur scalp? Lampard? I laugh in lokomotiv.
stats are numbers. in football, numbers are bigger liars than the devil cheesy
gerrard>>>lampard, only a soccer-illiterate would dispute this!

ibime
i am not nateevs!
Gerrard hits a better set piece than lampard, but lampard has better players attacking it. Is it hard to grasp?
I remember 2 seasons ago, hleb played a key role in 50% of arsenal's goals. . . He was AWOL in the assists chart. Even without checking, i'm certain iniesta's stats in any given season pale in comparison to lampard's. Only a triple A lunatic like dyabman would tell me lampard is a better player than iniesta.
My heart goes out to anyone who needs stats to tell him how good a player is despite watching him play every 3 or 7 days.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 12:47pm On Jan 12, 2010
Nucca STFU. . . . I will not hesitate to rain curses on you when you think like an slowpoke. . . . trust me, its not personal!

The best you can do is go and pull up Gerrards top ten goals. . . . if I pull up Lamps top goals, trust you would see greater variety than just longe range shots. . . . . Bayern Munich, Barcelona etc. . . .

Rain curses all you like . . It does nothing to boost your emptiness. I didn't pull a video of top ten goals. If you didn't understand, I was showing technique with the left foot at 3.04. . . Except you never played football, If a baller can hit a ball on the volley like that time after time with the left foot, the chances of him passing with the left foot is more than average. It takes massive techinque to 1, keep an eye on the ball. 2, hit the ball as it touches your foot and then hit so low and with precise direction and I repeat. . . TIME AFTER AFTER.

You must be silly for saying Steve can't use his left foot. . . Outright stu.pid.

No one is disputing that Gerrard has technique of half volleys. . . . what we're doubting is his touch-tight technique and short-range passing technique. . . . . as I've said Gerrard is possibly the best long range shooter in the world since Rivaldo. . . .but thats it!. . . . however, claiming that Lamps cant shoot with left foot is darn silly of you. . . you've always hated Lamps cos you feel he is not a ninny playmaker that you desire. . . .

Let's set this straight . . . If it came out as Lamps CANNOT shoot with his left foot, then I take that back. The point is not that Lamps cannot shoot with his left, He just about can but that's it. Gerrard takes shots on the volley with his left. That technique is a mile off.

He is not in the class of those who can just about do it.

Secondly Steve's headers are blazing. He heads the ball like a footballer should. Lamps even celebrates a header in the video like Makalele celebrated when he finally got a goal. . Why? Becos he himself knows he doesn't head.

Can Gerrard pass with his left foot . . absolutely YES!. . . You disdain for the fella never allows watch him. This is damn right not objective.

Michael Carrick shi.ts on Lamps passing anyday. . . Do you see the figures showing how many passes he made.
I also showed stats showing Mikel's completed passes . . Where's your comment on that. . . ? Abi the stats done fail again?
We bloody damn well know where Mikel passes the ball to. That's a justification?

. you've always hated Lamps cos you feel he is not a ninny playmaker that you desire. . . .

I don't hate Lamps. . . I love Lamps. I love him to death, Lamps is a phucking legend, . . but I don't call him what he is not.
You were on the thread the other saying those who will not benefit from Carllotti diamond. . and you mentioned Lampard as no 1.
Why? Because Lamps is a one-dimensional player. Left of a 4-3-3 ad that's it.

If truly he possesses all the techniques you claim he does, why can't he fit in. 4-4-2 is Zilch, Diamond, he will pafuka. Technique is supposed to lift you up and above tactical challenges. Why happened to the technique suddenly. ?

You were blabbing on the thread a few weeks ago how Carllotti was ruining Lamps. . . Na Carllotti dey ruin Lamps abi na Lamps no fit adjust. . ?

Lamps is the main reason Chelsea play boring football. I simply want footballer who can play football. . . not paying 130,000 a week to an overrated midfielder.

I phucking do not need stats to tell me who is better . . .
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 1:17pm On Jan 12, 2010
You wanted variety from Steve. . You got it. . .

Check out how to play free kicks. . . not all that rubbish from Lamps you are showing me.

Check out the technique of one of the goals inside the box. That's mad. Honestly.

Check out this crazy compilation of insane technique

Only a few know how to kick this way. . . Lamps will need to fast for 100 days and 100 nights to play a free kick like this.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y68wuCeWHA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]

And even when he doesn't score them. . The ability is clearly there. .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DRg4xBRObE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]

Looking for more.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 1:26pm On Jan 12, 2010
nateevs:

You must be silly for saying Steve can't use his left foot. . . Outright stu.pid. .

Can you pull up one quote where I said Gerrard cant shoot with his left foot?. . . . I said Gerrard cant pass properly with his left foot, especially in tight spaces. . . . Essien can shoot with his left foot ala Barcelona, but will you say Essien is brilliant at passing with his left foot?. . . . absolutely not. . . . Gerrard, like Essien, must shift the ball onto his right foot before laying off a quick pass. . . . wasting vital seconds. . .

If its a lie, please produce video evidence of Gerrards quality passing with his left foot. . .

nateevs:

Let's set this straight . . . If it came out as Lamps CANNOT shoot with his left foot, then I take that back. The point is not that Lamps cannot shoot with his left, He just about can but that's it. Gerrard takes shots on the volley with his left. That technique is a mile off.

Have I ever disputed Gerrards shooting?

Upon all his brilliance at shooting, Lamps goal record is infinitely better. . . . why is that?

The end result is goals my friend. The video I just posted showed the variety of ways Lamps scores goals. . . off the ball running, chips, composure, shooting etc. . . . finishing is not just about shooting from long range you know.

After all is said and done, Lampard is the better finisher. . . . if I am lying, say the truth and shame the devil

nateevs:

Secondly Steve's headers are blazing. He heads the ball like a footballer should. Lamps even celebrates a header in the video like Makalele celebrated when he finally got a goal. . Why? Becos he himself knows he doesn't head. .

Yes. . . yes. . . yes. . .

You have talked about heading, long range shooting, volleying etc which I have never disputed Gerrards superiority.

These are not the most important techniques that define a midfielder.

In the key areas of midfield play - passing, off the ball, marking, stamina, pressing - please answer, who is better at these?

nateevs:

Can Gerrard pass with his left foot . . absolutely YES!. . . You disdain for the fella never allows watch him. This is damn right not objective. .

Im as objective as can be. . . . I have seen Gerrard on numerous ocassions wasting vital seconds moving the ball onto his right foot to release a pass.

I will use a quote from Alan Smith to accentuate the difference between Gerrard and Lampard when it comes to what I consider to be the most VITAL aspect of midfield play:

"In contrast to Gerrard, it is easy at times to miss the contributions of this highly motivated individual such is the wonderful simplicity of his passing game. One or two touches, he rarely takes more when that middle ground becomes unbearably congested.

There is no-one better at it either; no-one more skilled in the art of the quick-fire pass under pressure, having expertly worked out distances and angles before the ball arrives at his feet.

Those calculations often result in a diagonal first-time pass over the top where, in the good times, Didier Drogba could be seen racing away. If that's not on, Lampard will choose something a little more conservative, if equally impressive in terms of peripheral vision and ability to spot the right pass in the blink of an eye. "

Nigga, this is what defines a midfielder, not that other shite about heading, volleying and other peripheral qualities.

nateevs:

Michael Carrick shi.ts on Lamps passing anyday. . . Do you see the figures showing how many passes he made.
I also showed stats showing Mikel's completed passes . . Where's your comment on that. . . ? Abi the stats done fail again?
We bloody damn well know where Mikel passes the ball to. That's a justification? .

Nigga you are silly. . . . have we not dealt with this already?. . . . how many key passes have Mikel and Carrick made?

Lampard is doing well in both no of passes, key passes, and assists.

nateevs:

I don't hate Lamps. . . I love Lamps. I love him to death, Lamps is a phucking legend, . . but I don't call him what he is not. .

Sharrap, you bloodclaart liar!!!. . . . every summer you call for Chelsea to sell Lampard so Chelsea can buy a playmaker like Deco, Diego and VDV.

nateevs:

Lamps is the main reason Chelsea play boring football. I simply want footballer who can play football. . . not paying 130,000 a week to an overrated midfielder.  

Case in point.

I guess you prefer the way Juventus are playing with Diego.  grin grin grin

nateevs:

You were on the thread the other saying those who will not benefit from Carllotti diamond. . and you mentioned Lampard as no 1.
Why? Because Lamps is a one-dimensional player. Left of a 4-3-3 ad that's it. .

You were blabbing on the thread a few weeks ago how Carllotti was ruining Lamps. . . Na Carllotti dey ruin Lamps abi na Lamps no fit adjust. . ?

Lamps will not benefit from Carlotti diamond because Carlotti was playing him at the top of the diamond. . . . if you have any tactical nous, you should know that the player at the top of the diamond is required to play mostly with his back facing the opponents goal, and feeding passes to runners from midfield. . . . that is a gross wastage of the greatest off the ball runner that the Premiership has ever seen.

nateevs:

If truly he possesses all the techniques you claim he does, why can't he fit in. 4-4-2 is Zilch, Diamond, he will pafuka. Technique is supposed to lift you up and above tactical challenges. Why happened to the technique suddenly. ? .

You are a mugu. . . . Lampard on the left of the diamond scored 12 goals in half a season during Scolari reign and copped his highest ever assist. . . . he also scored 20 goals playing on the left of JM's diamond in 06/07.

Now, listen. . . . when was the last time you saw Lampard in a 4-4-2?. . . .Is it because Chelsea have not played 4-4-2 for years?. . . .  Lampard scored 15 goals in 03/04 playing in a 4-4-2. . . . he was England player of the year in 04 and 05 playing in a 4-4-2.

If anyone has the stamina to play in a 4-4-2, and still fulfill his attacking and defensive quota, Lampard is the one.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 1:34pm On Jan 12, 2010
nateevs:

You wanted variety from Steve. . You got it. . .

Check out how to play free kicks. . . not all that rubbish from Lamps you are showing me.

Check out the technique of one of the goals inside the box. That's mad. Honestly.

Check out this crazy compilation of insane technique

Only a few know how to kick this way. . . Lamps will need to fast for 100 days and 100 nights to play a free kick like this.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y68wuCeWHA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]

And even when he doesn't score them. . The ability is clearly there. .

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DRg4xBRObE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"[/flash]

Nucca, I asked you to show me evidence of technique. . . . not shooting technique, not freekick technique. . . . I mean midfield technique. . . . .show me evidence of killa passes in tight spaces, left foot passes, first touch. . . . DO NOT SHOW ME THE SAME OLD LONG RANGE SHOOTING AND FREE-KICKS!!!

This is what Im looking for:

There is no-one better at it than Lampard either; no-one more skilled in the art of the quick-fire pass under pressure, having expertly worked out distances and angles before the ball arrives at his feet.

It didnt take me long to show you Lamps video from last season. Incase you didnt see, lemme show you again:

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UHPptUDuRQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

This kind of midfield technique is what Im looking for nucca. . . . and dont show me just one incident. . . . show me a collection of his technique like I've showed you Lampards technique.

nateevs:

Looking for more.

Keep looking. . . . youtube never do you. . . . now you done go reach metacafe grin grin grin
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
A compilation of a few of his passes and two wonder goals.

Compilation of Gerrard's England appearances. . passes, trivelas and composure in front of goal.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by nateevs(m): 1:43pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ibime:

Keep looking. . . . youtube never do you. . . . now you done go reach metacafe  grin grin grin

Honestly those boyz from Liverpool are church rats as opposed to the fellas from London. . . Liverpool boyz can't even compose decent videos of their legends on youtube. . Na only fight and curses dem sabi. .  grin grin

And don't tell me it's because there aren't any evidences of midfield play. I have eyes.  cheesy
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Ibime(m): 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
nateevs:

A compilation of a few of his passes and two wonder goals.

I cant see nothing here except long range passes, and plays where there was no one around him.

It is funny you should bring up the West Ham vs Liverpool FA Cup final performance, because as I noticed, and as Akola mentioned once, apart from the two wonder goals scored by Gerrard, Yossi Benayoun completely dominated the midfield for West Ham.

It is obvious you dont have what Im looking for. . . . Gerrard doesnt have it. . . you might find one or two isolated incidences, but in general, the only good things you will see from Gerrard is long range passing, shots and breakaway pace on the counterattack. . . .

Go back and review the passes from Lamps to Malouda, Anelka etc in the video I just posted. . . .that is from one season alone. . . . that is midfield play my friend. . . . Im guessing you always played as striker or defender in your youth  tongue. . . . you wouldnt know midfield play if you saw it. . . . thats why you keep recommending ineffective passengers to Chelsea.
Re: Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? by Sauron1: 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
ritchboy:

Sauron
lampard makes more key passes than cesc? how gullible are you? I have eyes, i dont need actim to tell me who does what better with their obscure stats.

Those EYES of yours must be deceiving you.
Stats are hard facts. . . . . .They tell the story of what your eyes fail to register because of your favouritism to some players.
I am sure you will also argue Cesc makes more passes than Scholes, won't you?

Ok, who do you think makes the most "key passes" in the league off the top of your scalp? Lampard? I laugh in lokomotiv.

Lampard does it more than any player.
He is very direct.

stats are numbers. in football, numbers are bigger liars than the devil cheesy
gerrard>>>lampard, only a soccer-illiterate would dispute this!

Stats are hard facts just like stats tell us who is leading the league by how many points with goals scored/goals conceded.
If we put it down to beautiful football without STATISTICS, Arsenal will be winning the EPL every season.
Stats give you an idea.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Swansea (3 - 2) On 15th October 2016 / Arsenal Vs Standard Liege : Europa League (4 - 0) On 3rd October 2019 / Chelsea Vs Stoke (5. - 0) On 30th December 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.