Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: (10009 Views)

Paul Scholes Retires From Football / Age Scandal: Essien, Mensah, Kingston accused by ex-Ghanaian FA President / Steven Gerrard And Frank Lampard Who Is Better At Their Respective Club? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by henry101(m): 3:54am On Oct 27, 2010
Another top rating has emerged in favour of John Mikel Obi (The Catalyst), as the youngster’s crisp passes with Chelsea of England have shot him well ahead of some of the English Premier League’s best midfielder’s in terms of knocking the ball round during key matches.

Although many Nigerians often disparage what they call short and escapist passes from the former Lyn Oslo of Norway star, latest data from England put him ahead of Michael Essien, Steven Gerrard and other top rated stars in terms of keeping possession for his team.

The report from England states further that Mikel is proving himself the best passer of the ball in England, which also puts him ahead of Arsenal’s Cesc Fabregas and Aleixandre Song as well as Manchester United’s Paul Scholes.

According to the Opta statistics, Mikel has delivered more successful passes than all others in the EPL, with 587 points tagged to his name, while Essien has 565, Scholes 537, Song 462 and Gerrard 434.

http://www.brila-fm.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4806%3Amikel-dusts-essien-song-gerrard&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=76
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by 12large1: 4:29am On Oct 27, 2010
i don't want to sound like a hater but all these mikel has improved is total nonsense the guy has been playing the same way like he did last year at the first 2 games he was going forward but for some time now he has gone back to passing sideways. song has scored 2goals this season
essien has scored 2goals this season
gerard has scored 2goals this season
scholes has scored 2goals this season

but mikel has the hihest passing rate in the epl and with no exaggeration most of them are either sideways,backpass or a pass to john terry
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by baslone: 7:48am On Oct 27, 2010
12large1:

with no exaggeration most of them are either sideways,backpass[b] or a pass to john terry[/b]

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by 1025: 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2010
i don't want to sound like a hater but all these mikel has improved is total nonsense the guy has been playing the same way like he did last year at the first 2 games he was going forward but for some time now he has gone back to passing sideways. song has scored 2goals this season

but mikel has the hihest passing rate in the epl and with no exaggeration most of them are either sideways,backpass or a pass to john terry

not minding the relevance of comedians in the football section, we know between the english fa and the comedian above, who has something to offer.
ppl from a madness inherited lineage must in one way or the other display this someday.
nigerians are known worldwide for corruption and not for soccer analyses.
@12large123,
search for ur destiny somewhere eles as football is not in ur lineage.
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by 12large1: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2010
damm so they have banned this cannibal twice. please when you guys ban someone also ban his ip address because cannibals would just open another email
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by johnterry4: 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2010
Poster,y compare mikel to scholes.mikel is better than scholes.
@mikel haters,
mikel makes 20 million naira week and u guys struggle to make 20k naira in 1 month.
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by 12large1: 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2010
thats what people still don't get we are happy that mikel makes mney good for him but plese tell him to go forward and score.
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by dipo2much(m): 7:49am On Oct 28, 2010
passing is cheap. anyone can do a backpass or a sidepass. Score goals like Song
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by elbereth: 8:05am On Oct 28, 2010
this issue has been so flogged that it's now scared of being discussed again. . .

Mikel plays Defensive Midfield for Chelsea and plays it so damn well. Ancelotti is happy with what the kid is doing for the club. Scoring goals is not an imperative to measure DMs
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by bawomolo(m): 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2010
johnterry4:

Poster,y compare mikel to scholes.mikel is better than scholes.
@mikel haters,
mikel makes 20 million naira week and u guys struggle to make 20k naira in 1 month.

you are just happy mikel is sending you back passes grin

jokes aside, mikel is beginning to feel comfortable in his role
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by okosodo: 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2010
i have only heard of this in the mouth of Nigerians, especially those that are dogmatic. mikel has not improved a bit since 2006, in terms of passing, get that straight
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by sulad82i(m): 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2010
This is not a new thing. Its been said over and over again, anyway good for him. bravo
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by sulad82i(m): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2010
okosodo:

i have only heard of this in the mouth of Nigerians, especially those that are dogmatic. mikel has not improved a bit since 2006, in terms of passing, get that straight

what?? what do u call bench warmer of 2006 that now make it to the starting lineup of one of the best club
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by seedord247(m): 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2010
Does this make him to ignore 2face hand shake?
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by HOTsnow(m): 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2010
Oooo yess Mikel Well Done dawg:::::
Me sef i be the Best passer on Nairaland:::
Me be the best passer on the pitch with four legs::::My Club? HOTSNOW FC---inked nerd, google, dyte, whiterose and other cuties, u r welcome to my club:::109, slap1 B d referees cool
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by Bawss1(m): 2:36pm On Oct 28, 2010
Mikel the best passer? Is Fabregas dead?
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by shopisky(m): 2:40pm On Oct 28, 2010
Mikel should be celebrated by Nigerians and not be used as a medium to exert ur anger at a club u hate. Pls dont be sentimental about this topic the boy is doing a good job and will be an important figure in helping Chelsea will three titles this season. Just look at it Chelsea has conceded just 2 goals in the epl this season because of his defensive duties and u compare him to arsenals song because he scored 2 goals. ARSENAL FANS NA WA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO angry
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by kpa: 2:44pm On Oct 28, 2010
@Bawss1. its obvious, chelsea hater, proffessionals have rated your hatred cant stop it ok?
''Bad belly people don dey wonder ehhhh'', UTI BBA
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by ninocia18(m): 2:46pm On Oct 28, 2010
thats good. let him keep it up,
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by real4jesus: 2:51pm On Oct 28, 2010
am not a soccer freak, i dont know much about football, i dont even know the clubs, but i watch int'l matches when nigeria plays.
i hear pple cursing and getting agitated becos of mikel, i hear chelsea fans screaming that mikel is a puppet on the field now, dat his former coach killed his football skills. that one no concern me.

if u want to hear my views about this i will tell you the truth back in 2002 when mikel came to play a match in my school Uniport he was good i hrd, never watched

but i think the buy is not getting any younger and his legs are his investment and the key to food on his table,cloth on his back and shelter over his head. leave him alone haters let him kick the ball small small so dat he will not have injuries that will knock him out completely.

Most 30 yrs old are thinking of retirement becos of constant injuries, Mikel is 34yrs old for crying out loud as far as am concerned he is tryign and he is good on the field no Injuries! Najia hard o! abeg haters leave the man alone, i hrd he has a football age of 23 or so but actaully the guy is over 10yrs older than this age.

thank you. my opinon o!
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by okosodo: 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2010
sulad82i:

what?? what do u call bench warmer of 2006 that now make it to the starting lineup of one of the best club

I mean his play
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by MiKenny(f): 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2010
Go Mikel! Go Mikel! Go Mikel!
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by GreatSon1(m): 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2010
The simple thing is that the guy is Good, those that do not like him that is the own. The is Good and he is Good
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by Ranoscky(m): 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2010
He deserves it.
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by slap1(m): 3:41pm On Oct 28, 2010
Good. But is this not a ridiculous thing to add to your C.V? Best passer, what kinda passes? Mikel to Essien, Essien to Zhikorv, Zhikorv to  Mikel,  Mikel to John Terry! Darn! How about Mikel to Drogba or Anelka, à la Fabregas to RVP, Chamakh, Walcott or Arshavin?
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by slap1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2010
HOTsnow:

Oooo yess Mikel Well Done dawg:::::
Me sef i be the Best passer on Nairaland:::
Me be the best passer on the pitch with four legs::::My Club? HOTSNOW FC---inked nerd, google, dyte, whiterose and other cuties, u r welcome to my club:::109, slap1 B d referees cool
Thanks, but with Inked, google, etc on the pitch, 190 will lose focus.
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by opabukun(m): 3:46pm On Oct 28, 2010
dipo2much:

passing is cheap. anyone can do a backpass or a sidepass. Score goals like Song
12large1:

I wonder y ppl cant get tins straight!
despite Scholes' , Gerard' / Song' goals where are they on the table?
HATERS, U nid all departments 2do their jobs as expected so u can reach a unified goal.
Mikel is a defensive midfielder, he does his job perfectly & dat resulted in the no of goals conceded by CHELSEA.
That explain d reason sum1 like Terry occassionally launch attack cos he knows, DA BULL is dear 2cover up 4him!
If Torres, Charmak etc are doing their job of scoring goals as attackers, may be d likes of Song, Gerrard wont offer-lap & score & in the process conceding GOALS
kiss kiss kiss
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by BizBooks(m): 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2010
Some teams field 1 or 2 strikers. Chelsea fields three, Drogba, Anelka and Malouda. That's enough strikers for one team.

As long as Chelsea remains number one, Mikel will keep playing the way he is. If something is not broken, don't try to fix it. Song and other mid fielders do score goals but how many goals have their teams conceeded? When a mid fielder leaves his position in search of goals, his side is vulnerable to counter attacks.
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by Dsense(m): 4:05pm On Oct 28, 2010
U guys re just beefing,I beleive the EPL re not so blind to choose Mikel as d best passer player of their league.
Abi what again .Una won NFL to choose him. grin
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by henryhemon(m): 4:28pm On Oct 28, 2010
When we do analysis on anyting we should be objective,Mikel is good no doubt about that but i differ on him being d best PASSER of d ball,you cannot compare him with fabregas,he has just been nominated 4 ballon d'or n where is mikel?
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by Obinoscopy(m): 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2010
The basic truth is that Mikel is a skilled passer of the ball and he seems to improve by the day. He is a better passer than Fabregas or Song but the worst scorer of the trio. Back here in Nigeria, Mikel plays rubbish for his national team but Chelsea have really benefited from the lad. The name the Catalyst that was given him is well deserved. As we all know a catalyst does not take part in a reaction but helps in speeding up chemical reactions. Mikel Obi does not score goals but he surely catalyzes every single wins by Chelsea.
Re: Mikel Dusts Essien, Song, Gerrard And Scholes: by nomoreface: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2010
real4jesus:

am not a soccer freak, i dont know much about football, i dont even know the clubs, but i watch int'l matches when nigeria plays.
i hear pple cursing and getting agitated becos of mikel, i hear chelsea fans screaming that mikel is a puppet on the field now, dat his former coach killed his football skills. that one no concern me.

if u want to hear my views about this i will tell you the truth back in 2002 when mikel came to play a match in my school Uniport he was good i hrd, never watched

but i think the buy is not getting any younger and his legs are his investment and the key to food on his table,cloth on his back and shelter over his head. leave him alone haters let him kick the ball small small so dat he will not have injuries that will knock him out completely.

[b]Most 30 yrs old are thinking of retirement becos of constant injuries, Mikel is 34yrs old for crying out loud [/b]as far as am concerned he is tryign and he is good on the field no Injuries! Najia hard o! abeg haters leave the man alone, i hrd he has a football age of 23 or so but actaully the guy is over 10yrs older than this age.

thank you. my opinon o!

Guy,
my candid advice: STAY OFF DRUGS!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Norwich FA Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd March 2022 / Leeds Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 13th March 2021 / Barcelona May Join France Ligue-1 If Catalunya Gets Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.