Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? (31285 Views)

Popular Beerparlor Rumor Surounding Alhaji Wahidi Ayinla Omowura Death/the Truth / Kollington Ayinla And His Son, Big Sheff, Strike A Pose (Photos) / Father & Son! Kollington Ayinla Poses With One Of His Sons [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by BizLifeE: 6:13am On Apr 29, 2017
I was only a child when Ayinla Omowura died. He was one of the most popular Apala musician of the 1970s.

Now fast-forward to many years later, we have been hearing various stories of how he died. There’s no official reason for his death. Official documents simply said he died.

Whereas mouth-to-mouth reports reveal that Omowura was trying to retrieve a motorcycle he bought for one of the band members, called Fatai Bayewu, following differences between them. The singer trailed Bayewu to a beer parlour in Ago-Oba area of Abeokuta, to retrieve the motorcycle. A fight ensued between them, and in the process, Baiyewu was alleged to have smashed a thick glass cup on Omowura’s head, who slumped and died thereafter.

Another sources say that Omowura was always loaded with charms, especially as a means of spiritual self-defense. He had a ring on one of his fingers, which must not be used to beat anyone; or else the person would die. When he was quarrelling with that Fatai Bayewumi, his erstwhile band manager, Bayewumi challenged him verbally. Omowura was greatly offended and he beat his own chest in an act of annoyance, saying: “Iyen emi naa?” (meaning “You dare me?). He had forgotten that there was a ring on one of his own fingers that must not be used to beat/hit anyone. He fell down and his tongue protruded. He died.

Which account is true? The first one or the second one? The accounts were given by old people who were Ayinla Omowura’s contemporaries. Which one should we believe?

How did Ayinla Omowura really die?

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng

1 Like

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by smellingmenses: 6:17am On Apr 29, 2017

Another account has it that he drove the lorry that smashed Segun Awolowo to death. On his way to court to defend his father Obafemi Awolowo. If true he is despicable .. hideous.. but certainly he was a thug..Even in the Op's description.
@ Op was he your grandfather? Before I say more...
Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by MrBONE2(m): 6:46am On Apr 29, 2017
Hope to know too
Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by YungJo207(m): 6:52am On Apr 29, 2017
Both story sef wan resemble them self, all I can say it charm was involve but still let all respect the dead.
Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by Nutase: 6:58am On Apr 29, 2017
Useless thread.
Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by goldbim(f): 7:20am On Apr 29, 2017
And another report said he was poisoned @ a beer parlor.. ...only the deceased knows what killed him..people'll only speculate...it's normal.
Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by ituglobal(m): 12:10am On Apr 30, 2017
Thanks for you effort at inquiry.

1 Like

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by micheal5772: 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2018
This is how I believed Ayinla Omowura died.

Yesterday I was playing one of his song on my phone (Omo Araye) around somewhere in Osun State.

I was actually in the midst of elders while the song was playing from my phone., While we were entertaining ourselves with the track the elders started talking about what they knew about him, his relation with Ayinde Barrister, the year that track was released, how they use to dance along while it's playing and a lot of memories they could remember.

As the youngest among them, I was very curious and I asked them politely ''Pls How did Ayinla Omowura really died? Who or what killed him? ''' and an old woman among the elders answered and said.

Ayinla Omowura was murdered in a Beer Parlour, that he was killed by a man after hitting him on the head with a bottle of beer , another elderly Man also added that Ayinla Omowura used to wear a ring on one finger on his right hand and that the ring mustn't get to touch blood that after he was hit by the bottle of beer he placed his hand on the spot where he was bleeding and he was wearing the ring on that very day.

So this is how I'm convinced that he died.

5 Likes

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by Flye: 10:01am On Jun 23, 2018
@ BizLifeE , micheal5772 and others, he was actually murdered by bayewumi. The cause of the death according to autopsy was certified to be cerebral shock resulting from a fracture of the skull associated with a contortion of the brain as well as well as large intracranial haemorrhage consistent with the deceased having been struck on the head with a heavy object.

Baiyewunmi was arrested and charged with the murder of Mr. Waidi Ayinla contrary to section 254(2) of the Criminal Code. The trial judge was Mr. Justice Owolabi Kolawole of the Ogun State High Court (later OFR and later, Justice of Court of Appeal). Bayewumi was sentenced for murder and was killed by hanging in the mid 80s.

Ayinla omowura's death taught others who are coming behind to take life slowly, learn to forgive and allow things slide.

According to report in circulation incosistent with his recent song, he has a spiritualist whom he called the saviour of everybody, the man told him he may likely die in 1980 and he should be very careful and avoid engaging in dangerous activities throughout the year 1980, report claim he obey and refused to honor many show and stage performance because he believed any incident that will claim his life may likely happen in live show due to their violent nature.

If you listen carefully to the two album he released in 1980, it was filled with fear of death over him and his band members.

That is the little I know about him, I may be wrong but this is easiest reasonably info I was able to gather. Maybe somebody can dig further to get the case file and the exact year Bayewumi was hanged.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by kolaaderin: 10:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
Flye:
@ BizLifeE , micheal5772 and others, he was actually murdered by bayewumi. The cause of the death according to autopsy was certified to be cerebral shock resulting from a fracture of the skull associated with a contortion of the brain as well as well as large intracranial haemorrhage consistent with the deceased having been struck on the head with a heavy object.

Baiyewunmi was arrested and charged with the murder of Mr. Waidi Ayinla contrary to section 254(2) of the Criminal Code. The trial judge was Mr. Justice Owolabi Kolawole of the Ogun State High Court (later OFR and later, Justice of Court of Appeal). Bayewumi was sentenced for murder and was killed by hanging in the mid 80s.

Ayinla omowura's death taught others who are coming behind to take life slowly, learn to forgive and allow things slide.

According to report in circulation incosistent with his recent song, he has a spiritualist whom he called the saviour of everybody, the man told him he may likely die in 1980 and he should be very careful and avoid engaging in dangerous activities throughout the year 1980, report claim he obey and refused to honor many show and stage performance because he believed any incident that will claim his life may likely happened in live show due to their violent nature.

If you listen carefully to the two album he released in 1980, it was filled with fear of death over him and his band members.

That is the little I know about him, I may be wrong but this is easiest reasonably info I was able to gather. Maybe somebody can dig further to get the case file and the exact year Bayewumi was hanged.
God bless you, you so much did justice to the riddle.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by ejimatic: 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2021
Flye:

According to report in circulation incosistent with his recent song, he has a spiritualist whom he called the saviour of everybody, the man told him he may likely die in 1980 and he should be very careful and avoid engaging in dangerous activities throughout the year 1980, report claim he obey and refused to honor many show and stage performance because he believed any incident that will claim his life may likely happen in live show due to their violent nature.

. It was Rtd General Oladipo Diya ..then miitary governor of Ogun State that approved his execution. Before 1983 when Diya became governor, Bayewu was a condemned criminal awaiting execution.
Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by davodyguy: 8:47pm On May 20, 2022
You guys can watch Ayinla the movie on NETFLIX now

2 Likes

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by davodyguy: 8:50pm On May 20, 2022
ejimatic:
. It was Rtd General Oladipo Diya ..then miitary governor of Ogun State that approved his execution. Before 1983 when Diya became governor, Bayewu was a condemned criminal awaiting execution.
http://www.citypeopleonline.com/how-late-ayinla-omowuras-manager-baiyewu-died-in-prison/

1 Like

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by ejimatic: 6:45am On May 21, 2022
davodyguy:

http://www.citypeopleonline.com/how-late-ayinla-omowuras-manager-baiyewu-died-in-prison/
. Yes Bayewu was exceuted in prison along with 13 other condemned criminals.at the order of Oladipo Diya,Ogun military administrator then. He was on a visit to the prison when he ordered their execution

2 Likes

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by shadrach77: 3:00pm On May 21, 2022
Did you know: His real surname was not Omowura. His mother was called Wura so one of the band drummers named him Omo Wura and it stuck.

Actually the drummer who gave him the name Omo Wura was the real leader of the band. Ayinla was just the ceremonial head because he had a good voice

Ayinla also had a quarrel with Sikiru Ayinde Barrister because he once visited Barrister's house in Lagos and he was asked to fill a form before seeing Barrister so he got angry and stormed out

The story that a bottle was broken on his head during a scuffle was confirmed by his band leader. That's the actual cause of his death.

Oladipo Diya who was the then military governor of Ogun State signed the execution order of Baiyewu (the killer)

During a practice session Ayinla had predicted that Baiyewu will be his killer but Baiyewu rejected the prediction but it eventually came to pass cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by tope3x(m): 7:10pm On May 21, 2022
I just finished seeing the movie on Netflix and you're � right with this... exactly how it was shot on Netflix
micheal5772:

Yesterday I was playing one of his song on my phone (Omo Araye) around somewhere in Osun State.

I was actually in the midst of elders while the song was playing from my phone., While we were entertaining ourselves with the track the elders started talking about what they knew about him, his relation with Ayinde Barrister, the year that track was released, how they use to dance along while it's playing and a lot of memories they could remember.

As the youngest among them, I was very curious and I asked them politely ''Pls How did Ayinla Omowura really died? Who or what killed him? ''' and an old woman among the elders answered and said.

Ayinla Omowura was murdered in a Beer Parlour, that he was killed by a man after hitting him on the head with a bottle of beer , another elderly Man also added that Ayinla Omowura used to wear a ring on one finger on his right hand and that the ring mustn't get to touch blood that after he was hit by the bottle of beer he placed his hand on the spot where he was bleeding and he was wearing the ring on that very day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by georgee(m): 8:37pm On May 22, 2022
Beautiful thread

I love Ayinla's songs

1 Like

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by Toks2008(m): 1:44pm On May 23, 2022
BizLifeE:
I was only a child when Ayinla Omowura died. He was one of the most popular Apala musician of the 1970s.

Now fast-forward to many years later, we have been hearing various stories of how he died. There’s no official reason for his death. Official documents simply said he died.

Whereas mouth-to-mouth reports reveal that Omowura was trying to retrieve a motorcycle he bought for one of the band members, called Fatai Bayewu, following differences between them. The singer trailed Bayewu to a beer parlour in Ago-Oba area of Abeokuta, to retrieve the motorcycle. A fight ensued between them, and in the process, Baiyewu was alleged to have smashed a thick glass cup on Omowura’s head, who slumped and died thereafter.

Another sources say that Omowura was always loaded with charms, especially as a means of spiritual self-defense. He had a ring on one of his fingers, which must not be used to beat anyone; or else the person would die. When he was quarrelling with that Fatai Bayewumi, his erstwhile band manager, Bayewumi challenged him verbally. Omowura was greatly offended and he beat his own chest in an act of annoyance, saying: “Iyen emi naa?” (meaning “You dare me?). He had forgotten that there was a ring on one of his own fingers that must not be used to beat/hit anyone. He fell down and his tongue protruded. He died.

Which account is true? The first one or the second one? The accounts were given by old people who were Ayinla Omowura’s contemporaries. Which one should we believe?

How did Ayinla Omowura really die?

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller: www..com.ng

I just watched his story on Netflix.

It was the first account that led to his death.

1 Like

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by Toks2008(m): 1:49pm On May 23, 2022
micheal5772:

This is the true account cos I'm sure the movie producers must have done their homework regarding the true story.

Funny enough i was just searching for the root cause of the rift between him. N his manager online when Google pointed me to this thread.

FEAR WOMEN O. It was actually a lady that caused the rift between him n his manager that culminated to his death.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by shadrach77: 1:53pm On May 23, 2022
Toks2008:

This is the true account cos I'm sure the movie producers must have done their homework regarding the true story.

Funny enough i was just searching for the root cause of the rift between him. N his manager online when Google pointed me to this thread.

FEAR WOMEN O. It was actually a lady that caused the rift between him n his manager that culminated to his death.
It wasn't a lady oh. Ayinla bought a motorcycle for Baiyewu and wanted to retrieve it back from him after they had a quarrel. Baiyewu didn't want to hand back the motorcycle and this led to a scuffle

1 Like

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by Toks2008(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2022
shadrach77:

It wasn't a lady oh. Ayinla bought a motorcycle for Baiyewu and wanted to retrieve it back from him after they had a quarrel. Baiyewu didn't want to hand back the motorcycle and this led to a scuffle

You did not follow the story.

Baiyewu left the band because Ayinla snatched his girlfriend.

The motorcycle thing was an after thought

6 Likes

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by Kayharry(m): 9:41am On May 26, 2022
The first account was the correct one . After he died the man that bath him saw a piece of broken glass in his head which confirm the story .
Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by Ajibade123(m): 2:18pm On May 31, 2022
I just finished watching the movie
as confirmed by the old man that bath his dead body in the movie prologue he was truly murdered with a mug broken into his head
listening to his music now I realized why our new music doesn't sit well with the old... I mean those music were so real and alive
the kind of music we have today seems too fake maybe due to the excessive beat and mastering unlike then when it was pure live band

3 Likes

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by Ajibade123(m): 2:19pm On May 31, 2022
shadrach77:

it was the lady
Bayewu's girl that he snatched caused the rift between him and his manager Bayewu

2 Likes

Re: How Did Ayinla Omowura Really Die? by jameson065(m): 6:24am On Apr 29, 2023
Ayinla Omowura's Apala music feels alive in our contemporary time, and these are songs in the 1980's.

(1) (Reply)

We Are All Thieves - Bobrisky Supports Okoro Blessing As She Threatens Suicide / Tuface Idibia To Contest For A Political Office / Cee-C Wows In Peach Tank Top With A Stylish Print Bum Shorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.