Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Federal Polytechnic Oko Brings Down The Academic Performance Of Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal Polytechnic Oko Brings Down The Academic Performance Of Students (1295 Views)

Indian University Creates Cartoon Characters Of Students For Virtual Graduation / Federal Polytechnic Oko Students Write Exam While On Strike / Federal Polytechnic Oko Bans Beard, Afro Hair And Trousers, Students Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Polytechnic Oko Brings Down The Academic Performance Of Students by kabsedokenneth(m): 6:57am On Apr 29, 2017
Examination they say is a platform to enable students to express what they have read at a maximum time and also give themselves what they really deserved via their performance. Examination performance is based on the length of time given to students to write their exams and fully express themselves. Before you could pass very well in an exam, you have to read very very extensively but more considerably passing of exams is basically more decided by the length of time given to the students to fully write their exams.
In many schools as evaluated, MOUAU (Micheal Okpara University Of Agriculture) to be very specific students are always allowed much time to write their exams considering their pattern of exams are theory and the students are given up to 2hrs 30mins to fully write their exams and obtain their real scores. If a student happens to fail in such institution, they shall never have any reason to blame the management of the school but themselves due to the standards and the level set by the school.

Contrary to this motion, the Great institution by name Federal Polytechnic Oko has done a great job in helping the students indirectly fail their exams by the use of the CBT system that was newly introduced into the school system. The introduction of the CBT system of the exam that was in reign now is the worst thing that has happened to the students of Federal Polytechnic Oko considering they once saw it before as an avenue for passing their exams easily and still remained illiterates.
This new trend in the school has escalated to the level that the students are now seeing the negative effects of the CBT exams where you’re given 30mins to write 70 or 60 question as if anyone was a computer. Even the most intelligent person in the world wouldn’t answer 70 objective questions under 30mins. The worst part of the negative effect is that they now stand students up and walk them out of the exam halls even on the starting of the exams. The school and exam management board never cared for the student's welfare but all they cared about is their own interest.

A student came out of the exam hall yesterday in rage and was lamenting his ordeal inside the exam hall, he said:

I was serious writing on my own and before I knew what was happening I was still on number 30 question and my time is only remaining 15 minutes and I still have 40 questions unanswered. I tried as fast as I could and only rounded up only 48 questions and came out as my time elapsed.
Students who are intelligent on normal circumstance now go down the drain in their academics and eventually fail their exams not because they did not read their books but because they were not allowed maximum time to express themselves in the exam hall.

The question there now is it that the school wish for the failure of the students or are they just trying to make their own ends meet? that is what the students never understood.

Quote me here: “Though it is a CBT exam and filled with objectives options, believe me, it should require much time as the theory exams should because it needs more of literate thinking than that of theory exam”

Students of Federal Poly Oko should stand up against this act or face detrimental end. If you see this post as irrelevant as it has never happened to you, wait one day it shall happen to you or your friend.

https://www.kabsedo.com/federal-polytechnic-oko-brings-academic-performance-students-examination-strategy.html
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko Brings Down The Academic Performance Of Students by alex81(m): 7:25am On Apr 29, 2017
*modified*

you’re given 30mins to write 70 or 60 question as if anyone was a computer. Even the most intelligent person in the world wouldn’t answer 70 objective questions under 30mins.

this is
baseless. u want dem to give u 2hrs to write a CBT filled with obj questions lol grin

“Though it is a CBT exam and filled with objectives options, believe me, it should require much time as the theory exams should because it needs more of literate thinking than that of theory exam”

this one made me weak.

ogbeni go an read ur books. there's nothing wrong with ur school. on the contrary, I think something is wrong with u for making such statement as above.

this is d 21st century, its not all abt being intelligent, its abt being smart and thinking fast.

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko Brings Down The Academic Performance Of Students by obynoses(m): 3:30pm On May 03, 2017
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko brings down the academic performance of students by their examination Strategy:

First of all, let me shower accolades on the anti-academic activist who has helped us to rebroadcast to the world that our institution, Federal Polytechnic Oko has fully gone and shall remain digital. The CBT examination was introduced by the administration of Prof. Godwin Onu to check the excesses of randy and unscrupulous Lecturers who were engaged in sorting of all kinds and lured the female students to bed just for marks. One needed to do illicit routines after examinations just to be able to get a pass mark in a course before this wonderful ICT exam style which has no doubts curbed the tails of malpractices was introduced by the digital Rector. Need I remind you that because of the CBT innovation at present, the Lecturers have only 30 marks to give to a student as Continuous Assessment while the student has 70 marks to contend with, in the computer based system. This is to say that any student who studies hard has 70 marks to consume even when she refuses to sleep with a randy Lecturer or has no money to sort the course.   
Meanwhile, examination is not a platform for self-expression neither is it a football pitch where the game is expected to last for 90 minutes. If not for clarity purpose in the public glare, I would not have replied your unreasonable, nonchalant and childish social media stunt against an Institution that presently has done the best for its students. Do you want the revered institution known for zero impunity to go back to the era of manual script marking where randy Lecturers failed their victims at will? Hell No! You must belong to those students who didn’t come to the school to read but to sort as it is shown in your grammatical lamentations; and because the avenue has been shut-down, you are crying woe. The media complainant may as well wish to be given 10 hours examination in a 60 question examination of 2 credit unit course. Be reminded that the National Board of Technical Education has done well to structure the school curriculum which the Institution follows without policy loopholes. Meanwhile, in general, the institution has rules and regulations governing its examination which go in sync with NBTE policy.
Be aware also that our security men and exam invigilators are well mannered and professionally trained to control and care for our students as not to harrass or intimidate them before, during and after examination. Our CBT halls are well equipped and magnificent enough to contain the students without hitches. So where you got your calumnous post from must be in the cupboards or dirty linens of unscrupulous agents whose anomalies were shown off the way by the present administration.
If i may ask, was there no student who made an ‘A’ in the same course or exam you are complaining about? Of course, there must be well prepared students who use their time for better things than surfing the net during exam periods and wasting a time that should be used to reverse one’s books and prepare for subsequent papers, to complain to God knows who.
Please, i advise you to go read your books as the examination is still on-going. If you prepare yourself well as supposed, there would be no reason why you should not finish a question within a specified time given or provided by the Lecturer who is monitored by a HOD and Polytechnic Exam Committee against students’ witch-hunt; and who knows the Credit unit of the Course, hence, the time the examination should last.
The Rector, Prof. Godwin Onu is committed to giving the best to all students as he takes to heart, their problems. He never will allow any of his loved students weap or feel illtreated as he has Students-friendly agents making sure that the rights of the students are protected in or out of the examination halls.
Federal polytechnic Oko is simply the best and shall remain.

1 Like

Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko Brings Down The Academic Performance Of Students by obynoses(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2017
The boy is a fool. He should go and study. Oko poly is doin great now than other schools. Now,lecturers are crying because d chance to sort has been reduced to just 30marks. The CBT exam is 70marks. You can even slap a lecturer and score A in his course becos the computer now marks it,no longer lecturers.
alex81:
*modified*

this is
baseless. u want dem to give u 2hrs to write a CBT filled with obj questions lol grin

this one made me weak.

ogbeni go an read ur books. there's nothing wrong with ur school. on the contrary, I think something is wrong with u for making such statement as above.

this is d 21st century, its not all abt being intelligent, its abt being smart and thinking fast.
Re: Federal Polytechnic Oko Brings Down The Academic Performance Of Students by miracle4(m): 12:03am On May 04, 2017
obynoses:
The boy is a fool. He should go and study. Oko poly is doin great now than other schools. Now,lecturers are crying because d chance to sort has been reduced to just 30marks. The CBT exam is 70marks. You can even slap a lecturer and score A in his course becos the computer now marks it,no longer lecturers.
hmmm this is strong

(1) (Reply)

UNILORIN Post-utme / Admission Screening Form Updates - 2017/18 / 2016 WAEC Results Ranking By State ! Any Inferences ? / Unilorin Jupeb Admission List Is Out!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.