Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works (9961 Views)

Diesel Engine And Petrol Engine Which Do You Prefer / Toyota Develops World's Most Thermally Efficient 2.0-liter Petrol Engine / Mazda's Breakthrough Makes Sparkless Petrol Engine As Efficient As Diesel Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by nero2face: 11:05am On Apr 30, 2017
Majesticniyi:

You sha want attention abi? You got mine...however I won't dignify your questions with answers. Why? You ask to mock not to learn.
na ur type dey wan carry first for department, who dey mock u, wetin we get in common wey I go dey mock u, free ur brain from negative things...don't always tty to be over serious, it's good to joke at times...
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by pembisco(m): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2017
Oboi shocked. Respect to the engineers in the house.
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by Aldebaran(m): 11:11am On Apr 30, 2017
Insightful
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by pembisco(m): 11:14am On Apr 30, 2017
nero2face:
na ur type dey wan carry first for department, who dey mock u, wetin we get in common wey I go dey mock u, free ur brain from negative things...don't always tty to be over serious, it's good to joke at times...

It seems you are still an undergrad. Those ur questions confirmed it. Its ur type that ask questions about what they know just to intimidate others in class. Yeye
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by revolt(m): 11:22am On Apr 30, 2017
Theories but wen time for practical reach our engineers go haywire. Theory of making garri states " mix hot water into garrium n stir" it doesn't tell u to lve the garri n hot water for bout 6 seconds b4 stir ....we all know how those little details ensure whether ud end up with balls, palp or EBA....get my drift?

Engineering isn't theory. Its practicals n that we lack inafrica ...even aba technicians are more of engineers than our PhD lecturers.
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by walezy85: 2:55pm On Apr 30, 2017
yea its speed is compared to a jombo jet taking off.I have the videos anytime I watch I was like waoh!a car that can covers 253miles per hr but its not the fastest car
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by walezy85: 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
revolt:
Theories but wen time for practical reach our engineers go haywire. Theory of making garri states " mix hot water into garrium n stir" it doesn't tell u to lve the garri n hot water for bout 6 seconds b4 stir ....we all know how those little details ensure whether ud end up with balls, palp or EBA....get my drift?

Engineering isn't theory. Its practicals n that we lack inafrica ...even aba technicians are more of engineers than our PhD lecturers.
hmmm nobody wey no sabi or like better thing as for Me for one to reach the peak of His career is good but in engineering a lot of pple out there that are COREN certified can't proof it.let our Govt do the needful by helping young graduate with programs that can help to improve their skills as we all know most of the engineering related work are capital intensive. like me for example I which to fine tune my skill after I passed out from poly but the resources aren't there.the world is moving @ the speed of light its time we follow suite in Nigeria
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by walezy85: 3:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
Tonywhite007:
Any engine that has intake valves and exhaust valves are all 4-stroke engine. while engines with inlet port and outlet port located at the engine block are 2-stroke engines. e.g small tiger generator also known as "I better pass my neighbor"

Also, 2-stroke engine burn out smoking due to mixture of oil-fuel in the combusting chamber while 4-stroke does not. if it does, it means ur engine piston and rings is bad.
nice in addition 2stroke engine also performs induction, compression,power and exhaust like 4 stroke engines but it combine the four process to 2.......first stroke comprises of induction and compression while the 2nd takes care of the power and exhaust simultaneously. e.g some generator,motorcycles etc
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by revolt(m): 3:44pm On Apr 30, 2017
walezy85:
hmmm nobody wey no sabi or like better thing as for Me for one to reach the peak of His career is good but in engineering a lot of pple out there that are COREN certified can't proof it.let our Govt do the needful by helping young graduate with programs that can help to improve their skills as we all know most of the engineering related work are capital intensive. like me for example I which to fine tune my skill after I passed out from poly but the resources aren't there.the world is moving @ the speed of light its time we follow suite in Nigeria
So you're saying you're an engineer ? What language were you taught with
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by papae1(m): 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
Meanwhile, am I proud mechanical engineer.
We rock
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by emperordelis(m): 9:02pm On Apr 30, 2017
Omagzee:
I almost made FCT if not for the guy above me. Oga your network must be 10g+

All these little motorcycles(scooters): their engine have just one piston. Can we then call them one stroke engine.
they still fall in as 4stroke engines
Re: How A Four Stroke Petrol Engine Works by Stevebrown(m): 12:31am On May 01, 2017
DjAndroid:
What of V12 engine, how does it work?
12 cylinders

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lamborghini Builds 10,000th Huracan After 4yrs.Details Of Its Successor Revealed / Advice Needed As Regards Engine Oil Change / Compare Which Is Better & Rugged Between Sienna 04/05 And Acura MDX 05/06

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.