Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Hidden Diamonds - Literature (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hidden Diamonds (416478 Views)

Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Hidden Desire By Blair / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 2....by Eze Eke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 12:04pm On Jun 25, 2017
swiz123:
What's with everyone acting as if jamille herself is a saint.she shouldn't be acting like her family neglected her, simply because they didn't tell her about her father's relationship.perhaps she has forgotten in a hurry that her life of discretion practically hastened her mother death.(all Jamille fans,never you quote me)
It still doesn't make what they did right, esp with her father acting like Jason is his only child. It hurts brother
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Jane1234f(f): 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
swiz123:
lol...actually evajael is
Lol,hahahaha
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Hadampson(m): 2:13pm On Jun 25, 2017
EvaJael:
Queenitee,hadampson and kimberlywest thanks for the nomination. I really appreciate it
Is welcome, sugar-piewinkgrin
Re: Hidden Diamonds by herosakin777(m): 3:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
queenitee:

It still doesn't make what they did right, esp with her father acting like Jason is his only child. It hurts brother
I agree with u the father is to be blamed he want to cause misunderstanding between the twins not good at all
Re: Hidden Diamonds by faithfulgrl(f): 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2017
a wonderful writeup.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Herdex(m): 9:11pm On Jun 25, 2017
herosakin777:
I agree with u the father is to be blamed he want to cause misunderstanding between the twins not good at all
bt atlist Jason surpose to tell her..y are dey xo close
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Emperor380(m): 9:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
what's wrong with this mille self ?? she is really too emotional fr my liking,she hates it when things are kept from her nd forgets that she is also discrete(jst erring my view,I hope I don't get myself crucified?)
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 11:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
Emperor380:
what's wrong with this mille self ?? she is really too emotional fr my liking,she hates it when things are kept from her nd forgets that she is also discrete(jst erring my view,I hope I don't get myself crucified?)
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Pricelessangel0(f): 12:21am On Jun 26, 2017
i think mille is taking it too serious at least she have people dat stood by her. let assume she is d one dat her father has two wives wit thirteen children and neglect them to marry the third wife wit three children. if she's among the children of d first and second wife. wat will she do? so life goes on.weldone miss nd nice write up
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Maybelconor: 10:45am On Jun 26, 2017
StephanieElla24:
OMG what a story!!!! can't believe I hv been glued to my phone for d past two days. can't still believe dat is ur first time of writing this is way too interesting thumbs up.... Eva J
Jael

For reals.... When i started reading the story was far gone, but i did not mind. Really captivating piece. Guming the thread like kilode, so i won't miss nuffin this time around.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 11:51am On Jun 26, 2017
Eva, Eva morogo o. Kimberlywest and kimkardashain shey you see Eva now. Issokay
But where's Mhizhap she hasn't been home for like two days now.

Crislyn nko?
Re: Hidden Diamonds by StephanieElla24: 7:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
Maybelconor:

For reals.... When i started reading the story was far gone, but i did not mind. Really captivating piece. Guming the thread like kilode, so i won't miss nuffin this time around.
lol I swear seriously no b small gumming d thread oo my dear we shall get to see d end

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by crislyn(f): 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2017
queenitee:

Crislyn nko?
My sister, i dey o.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Kimkardashain(f): 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
queenitee:

Crislyn nko?
mhizgap,? oh dat one,she went to her rich bf house,since two days. oh.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2017
Kimkardashain:

mhizgap,? oh dat one,she went to her rich bf house,since two days. oh.
She should sha bring something for me
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 10:20pm On Jun 26, 2017
crislyn:

My sister, i dey o.
Been long o
Re: Hidden Diamonds by crislyn(f): 10:34pm On Jun 26, 2017
queenitee:

Been long o
I've been so busy ehn i only pick my phone to make calls. Even when i remember NL and i pick my phone to check in, i end up doing something else. Thanks for check up bae.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
crislyn:

I've been so busy ehn i only pick my phone to make calls. Even when i remember NL and i pick my phone to check in, i end up doing something else. Thanks for check up bae.
Don't forget us totally o
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 11:57am On Jun 27, 2017
Jamille
For one whole week,I didn’t talk with anybody from home neither did I tell Kara what went wrong. I wasn’t ready to be responsible for another death. Her high blood pressure was already a source of worry. She still had about a month to delivery. She wasn’t in any way the Kara I used to know. She gained a lot of weight and her legs were always swollen. Despite the serious changes in her body,she was still strong. I had to beg her to leave the cleaning and cooking to me because I really pitied her. She told me that her close friend came around sometimes to help out. I could tell she was all set for the baby. Everything was ready for his arrival. She sid the scan showed that it was a boy and she devoted one hour daily to talk to him.
On Good Friday evening,she insisted we go shopping as she had strength that day. We were almost done with shopping when Kara remembered we hadn’t got Snickers Chocolate. She had become more crazy for Chocolate than I remembered. These days,she really beat me to it as far as chocolate was concerned. She was checking out some shoes while she asked me to get the chocolate. I sighted the chocolate stand,there was only one packet remaining so I hastened my steps there. As I reached for it,my hands collided with another hand that was headed in that direction too.
“I was first.” We said simultaneously. The voice was just too familiar and my heart stopped for a second. The fragrance of the perfume that wafted into my nostrils was the second evidence. I turned finally to confirm my fears and there he stood looking down at my shorter frame.
“Niel?”
“Mille?”
We just stood there lost in our various thoughts,forgetting the chocolate completely
“Mille what’s taking you so long?” Kara appeared from behind me.
“Oh Jathniel,it’s you.” She continued.
“Hi Kara. You’re so big.”
“And round. You just love me right?” She laughed and he joined her.
“Yeah I do. It’s been ages dear.” He said. They exchanged more pleasantries. Niel was deliberately ignoring me each time Kara tried to include me in their conversation. Kara convinced him to come over to her house so we went home together in Kara’s car. He told Kara that he was in Abuja for a conference . He decided to come three days earlier just to relax. I remained silent all through the ride. When we got home,I flew into the kitchen to prepare food. Even after I served the food,I didn’t stay in the living room with them. Kara ended up ruining my hiding. She suddenly remembered that she had an appointment with her doctor after hours of talking so she hurriedly left. I thought she left with Jathniel and I was disappointed that I didn’t get to bid him farewell. I strolled into the empty living room and turned on the television. I was busy flipping through the channels when I heard his voice.
“Do you really want to see any movie or you’re looking for an avenue to sleep?”
I jumped out of my seat causing him to smirk.
“I thought you left with Kara.” I managed not to stutter.
“I only went to the restroom.”
“Okay.” I sat down not knowing exactly what to say. He took a stool from beside the sofa,placed it right before me and sat on it. He only stared hard at me,he didn’t say a word for several minutes. I couldn’t hold his gaze so I looked down,fiddling with the hem of my blouse. He used his fingers to lift my face up.
“I’m an idiot Niel and I’m sorry.”
“I thought you were against calling humans such names.”
I didn’t know what to say. He was right. I stopped him from ever using such words and I was using the same words on myself right before him.
“You didn’t have to torture us like this Mille. A ten minute conversation would have done us a lot of good.”
“I know I was wrong but I was hurt.”
“I know. Tessy just asked a simple favour from me. I never wanted to grant it but the wy she pleaded caused me to pity her and do it. The same applies to Jason. You’re punishing him. He’s in Uyo right now. He came as soon as he heard you had left.”
“Jason’s own is different. He knew about it for more than a year. Would you have been happy if Elliot did something like that to you?”
“I wouldn’t but you would have pushed me to forgive him like you’ve always done. It’s my turn to push you.” I wiped a stray tear from my eye.
“You win then. I’ll get in touch.”
“I knew it wouldn’t be difficult.” He said.
“I feel like I’ve been punishing you too much Niel with my annoying behavior all the time. I…”
“I didn’t complain to you ma’am so hold your peace. I think it’s high time I answer that question that has been hanging over our heads.”
“Finally. Let’s hear it then.”
“You should be asking God to give you the grace to bear with me after you hear it.”
“Grace is my middle name.” I said.
He went silent for a while. “I’ve been married before Mllle.”
“If this is your way of playing with my head,stop it.”
“I wish it was Mille.” His countenance dropped.
“I’m listening love.”
“You’ve never called me that before. Somebody is growing up under my wings.”
“I guess you could say that.” I smiled shyly.
“So,like I said,I was married before to my childhood friend,Bella. We lived on the same street. I became close to her all the times when mum stayed with Elliot all the time and dad was a worse workaholic than I am today. We both found solace in my mum’s garden. She had a stepmother who barely cared where she went when her dad was not home. We shared our little problems back then together till we became inseparable.We went to the same schools since we began our education. We were almost separated when we were about beginning university but I managed to manipulate my dad into letting me school in UNN with her.
Feelings grew over the years. Elliot tried to come in between us once but she stayed with me. In our final year,she got pregnant.”

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2017
I feel terrible for not updating since. Forgive me. I had a short but terrible writer's block.
Re: Hidden Diamonds by DrClemzzY(m): 12:17pm On Jun 27, 2017
so niel qet pikin adonblivit! shocked
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 2:47pm On Jun 27, 2017
EvaJael:
I feel terrible for not updating since. Forgive me. I had a short but terrible writer's block.
Its okay honey but for it to be really okay, more updates
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 2:58pm On Jun 27, 2017
queenitee:

Its okay honey but for it to be really okay, more updates
In the evening. Laptop ti ku and phone is on the way to the grave. Like kayo80 once said,what takes the writer 5 hours to write may take the reader 5 mins to read. I donno if I quoted that right but I know it was something of the sort
Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2017
EvaJael:

In the evening. Laptop ti ku and phone is on the way to the grave. Like kayo80 once said,what takes the writer 5 hours to write may take the reader 5 mins to read. I donno if I quoted that right but I know it was something of the sort
Ayaff heard this one too
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 3:00pm On Jun 27, 2017
StephanieElla24:

lol I swear seriously no b small gumming d thread oo my dear we shall get to see d end
Maybelconor:

You guys are funny people. Thanks for gumming
Re: Hidden Diamonds by kayo80(m): 3:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
EvaJael:

Lol! Yea. You got it right. And it is so true.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by Jane1234f(f): 5:44pm On Jun 27, 2017
Evajael I am waiting, I didn't want to talk since because I wanted you to take your time, don't bother any time you update we will read
Re: Hidden Diamonds by Herdex(m): 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2017
Diz suspense is killing me....plz need more update
Re: Hidden Diamonds by EvaJael(f): 9:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
Jamille
“Oh my God! You have a child Niel. A girl or a boy?”
“I don’t know.”
“What do you mean you don’t know?”
“Let me finish Mille.”
“Alright go on.”
“Dad found out and swore to disown me if I didn’t marry her. Bella wanted the marriage too. She was always selfish when it came to me so I gave in. We got married. Elliot always believed I took what was his and he even told me to my face that he would have her back at all costs”
He paused for a while.
“So,did he get her?”
“In a way. At least,he got her into his bed with a four month old pregnancy.” He scoffed.
“Yikes!”
“Yes Mille. She cheated on me with my brother even when she was carrying my baby.”
“That’s bad.”
“Bad is too good an adjective for what she did. I caught them anyway and I wish I hadn’t. I left like I didn’t see anything but after some days,I couldn’t hold it anymore. I made Bella suffer daily. I frustrated her every effort to please me. Initially,it was a test but when I found out she’d met up with him again,I was enraged. We quarreled every single day. All the love I thought I had for her vanished into thin air. I set up a brick wall against her. She tried to get us back to how we were but I was past caring. She reported me to my father,knowing that he was the only one who could pour sense into my head.He asked me to travel with him to Lagos where he would address the issue. I didn’t tell him what Bella and Elliot did but after we talked,I decided to give her a chance. Unfortunately,I never got to do that. She commited suicide before I got back.”
My hands flew to my mouth.
“I lost Bella and my unborn child. My father almost cut off my head. Her father was badly hurt and my dad had to pay a lot of money to her family before we were allowed to bury her. I was worse than broken then. Everyone hated me in my family. Gloria doesn’t know much about what happened because she was in boarding school then . Dad made me swear that I would never touch any woman again till I was married to her and that,I would never raise my voice or torture any female flesh again in any way. I thought he was joking but I ended up swearing his oath just before he died. I actually promised myself that I would never get emotionally involved with any woman again but you came along and ruined it for me.”He held my hands.
“I’m sorry about Bella and your baby.”
“It’s alright even though Elliot doesn’t fail to remind me about my mistakes.”
“Did you tell your family what happened between them?”
“No. I love my brother even if we fight a lot. I chose to bear the blame for everything. He thinks I don’t know they had an affair and I’ve let it remain that way ever since.”
“You’re such a good brother. I know you were wrong then but you regret it and you’ve amended your ways Niel. That’s all that matters”
“You’re not angry with me.”
“If you’re not angry with me for running away.”
“You’re an angel Mille.”
“That’s what they tell me dear.”
“You’re getting used to the ides of ‘us’ right?”
“Yeah. I’m getting comfortable.”
“I love you Mille.” He brought his face so close that we were only a few millimeters apart.
“Niel,I…”
He planted a kiss on my forehead.
“Relax pumpkin.”
“Mum doesn’t want a repeat of Kara’s case.”
“Neither do I. We’re waiting till we get married.”
“Stop talking about marriage Niel. It’s too early.”

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Diamonds by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2017
Sister Mi, thanks for the update, you just made me hate Elliot the more.
Awwwww...So Niel attended my dream school, that is so adorable.
Thanks once more for the superb update.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by FortunateB(f): 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
Nice episode; babe u rock

1 Like

Re: Hidden Diamonds by queenitee(f): 10:20pm On Jun 27, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Sister Mi, thanks for the update, you just made me hate Elliot the more.

Awwwww...So Niel attended my dream school, that is so adorable.

Thanks once more for the superb update.
I'm telling you. That Elliot is an id.iot, I hate him like anything. And Bella, I feel no pity for the f.ool of a girl

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (86) (Reply)

Kings (where Evil Men Dwells, Bad Things Follow) / The Hole In The Wall / Unfulfilled Promises By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.