Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,513 members, 7,865,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:08 PM

How Can I Help Someone With Depression? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Can I Help Someone With Depression? (349 Views)

How Do I Help A Baby With Epilepsy? / How Can I Help My 5 Year-Old Son To Stop Stammering? / 6 Friends Help Their Friend Overcome Depression (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Help Someone With Depression? by realestyomi(m): 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
Depression is a mood disorder marked by constant feelings of sadness or a loss of interest in activities previously enjoyed. It is also known as major depressive disorder
The World Health Organization estimate that 350 million people globally are affected by this condition. In fact, depression is the leading cause of disability worldwide.
Major depressive disorder can cause many emotional and physical problems, and significantly reduces the quality of life of those affected. However, there are effective treatments available to those with depression.

http://9jahealth.com.ng/can-help-someone-depression/

Re: How Can I Help Someone With Depression? by elohimoutreach: 10:29pm On Apr 29, 2017
Pls depressed people needs our psychosocial support.
*Show concern and empathy
*Use talking therapy
*Psychoeducate
*Tell the person about instances of people that went through the same crisis and are out of it(life experience)
*Tell person a big light awaits him/her at the end of the dark tunnel(give hope)
*Engage them in some light excercise
*Advice family and friends to aways be around such person
*Watch that individual get enough sleep and make fruits available
*Music is another therapy that works like magic
*For further info consult a Social Worker @UI.MSW 182638

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Beyounce / Effect Of Overusing Facebook And Other Social Medias - Study / Blocked Fallopian Tube?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.