Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. (2919 Views)

Simple Skipping Rope Workout For Weight Loss / 10 Reasons To See The Dentist / Reasons Why Skipping Rope Workout Is The Best For Weight Loss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Explorers(m): 7:12am On Apr 30, 2017
Skipping is one of the cheapest, most effective, fat burning workouts you can do.

And it's fun too.

So what's stopping you?

1. The effort it takes to jump rope for 10 minutes is the equivalent of running a mile in eight minutes.

2. One hour of rope skipping will burn up to 1,300 calories.

3. According to the British Rope Skipping Association, 10 minutes of skipping can have the same health benefits as a 45-minute run.

4. Skipping is a full body workout which uses your abdominals to stabilise the body, legs for jumping, shoulders and arms for turning the rope.

5. Skipping is less jolting on your joints than running.

6. Once you've bought your rope, skipping is a zero-cost workout.

7. Skipping helps to improve heart rate and blood pressure.

8. It's a good workout for all fitness levels as you can do it at a pace that suits you.

9. Skipping regularly improves flexibility.

10. It also aids your coordination and balance.

11. A regular skipping session improves muscle tone in both the lower and upper body.

12. Skipping is a weightbearing exercise so can help in improving bone density, thus helping stave off osteoporosis.

13. It improves footwork, balance, coordination, and agility.

Most of the runners and other athletes jump rope for training.

14. Relieves tension and stress.

15. Its easy, cheap($10), affordable, portable and can be done anywhere at anytime.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/body/fitness-workouts/a24569/12-reasons-to-do-skipping-workout-2467/
cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Dominique

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by dingbang(m): 7:14am On Apr 30, 2017
I am slim already. Do I need to skip?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Nobody: 7:28am On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
my hand no de oo grin grin
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by rubi96(f): 7:33am On Apr 30, 2017
It's the only exercise I do regularly
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Tolexander: 7:34am On Apr 30, 2017
15. Its easy, cheap($10), affordable, portable and can be done anywhere at anytime.
It can even be got for free by joining two unused phone chargers to do the skipping.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by paschal47(m): 8:20am On Apr 30, 2017
Skipping Can't remember the last time I did that

Nice tips tho, would start tomorrow.

Ask your neighbour, have you skipped today?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 30, 2017
Skipping is my favourite workout, helps a lot especially for endurance... Followed by pushups before moving over to the iron part (weights) ..... I dread plank but just have to do it sad
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by SammieLowkey(m): 11:15am On Apr 30, 2017
Tolexander:
It can even be got for free by joining two unused phone chargers to do the skipping.
Hmmn.. Economics teacher I hail o grin

2 Likes

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by cyojunior1(m): 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
Ok
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by donbrowser(m): 4:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
Hmmm, cool
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by hahn(m): 4:24pm On Apr 30, 2017
Explorers thanks for the ginger

I actually have a skipping rope but I just don't seem motivated to workout despite my big belly. I am planning on registering for boxing classes next week. Hopefully I will be more motivated then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by mekleelex200(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
Even me self, my advice to u is to be eating beans morning nd night 'avoid skipping' b4 person go break IMO
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by mekleelex200(m): 7:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
hahn:

I actually have a skipping rope but I just don't seem motivated to workout despite my big belly. I am planning on registering for boxing classes next week. Hopefully I will be more motivated then
Make dem no go use ur big belly do punching bag I no trust those boxers grin
hahn:

Make dem no go use ur big belly do punching bag I no trust those boxers
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 30, 2017
I've never liked skipping... It's hard on my head (surprisingly) and the rope always gets in my way. Any suggestions?? I'm cool with most other forms of cardio and ST
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
hahn:
Explorer thanks for the ginger

grin Never heard anyone admitting to this one.

Exercise and me.....x and y.....unlike terms. I have tried to look at it from an almost positive perspective, NO. I guess I have to make it a new year's resolution or a dash. Explorers, you're killing me.
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Explorers(m): 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
jagugu88li:

Exercise and me.....x and y.....unlike terms. I have tried to look at it from an almost positive perspective, NO. I guess I have to make it a new year's resolution or a dash. Explorers, you're killing me.

Go get one and start skipping wink

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Funjosh(m): 8:41pm On Apr 30, 2017
I love skipping, it's one exercise I love doing. Skipping and Cycling is just me. cool
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2017
I totally agree..
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by hahn(m): 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
jagugu88li:

Maybe you should take martial arts or join a sports club

I feel that will do the trick and that's why I am signing up for boxing

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by HashtagMoniker(m): 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2017
Explorers again. Salute you, ne'er falling our hand.
New gymming routine

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by johnsmitthen: 11:55am On May 02, 2017
I am slim but I like skipping,Only exercise that makes me feel enjoy.I think its a good exercise even if you are slim.
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by firebaby(f): 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
mekleelex200:

Even me self, my advice to u is to be eating beans morning nd night 'avoid skipping' b4 person go break IMO

Been slim dsnt mean you are fit....I am a slim woman too.....but if you can't skip you can try water therapy.....I am on DAT for now
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2017
hahn:
Maybe you should take martial arts or join a sports club

I feel that will do the trick and that's why I am signing up for boxing
Explorers:
Go get one and start skipping wink
I have managed to buy the rope and a 4th hand cheesy treadmill. I dont know if I will be using the wheel but here it is.

They've been resting here a week now, simply because I am busy gathering energy and courage to start the journey. Let me go and pray cheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Explorers(m): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2017
jagugu88li:
I have managed to buy the rope and a 4th hand cheesy treadmill. I dont know if I will be using the wheel but here it is.

They've been resting here a week now, simply because I am busy gathering energy and courage to start the journey. Let me go and pray cheesy

Lol.....4th hand.

But is working?

You should start now.

I dont have access to that treadmill, i only skip.

I skip 600 - 1000 daily.
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 03, 2017
Explorers:

Lol.....4th hand.

But is working?

You shuold start now.
When I say its 4th hand, I am simply trying to make an atleast reasonable prediction. My cousin never buys new anything, not even furniture because he is "the Lord of handwork"......according to him. He revamps everything to new again and...... I bought it from him. So......this could be older than 4th

I am still fasting for the journey grin. When I finally get the sign......

600 -1000 shocked......why are you killing my vibe embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by isokey: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2017
I hope it helps in burning belly fat sha.
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by hahn(m): 11:39am On Jul 03, 2017
jagugu88li:

As you are reading this, change into workout clothes and skip for 20 minutes. Legs straight. Jump with both legs at a time

Let me know when you are done
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 03, 2017
hahn:

As you are reading this, change into workout clothes and skip for 20 minutes. Legs straight. Jump with both legs at a time

Let me know when you are done
When do I do this, before or after I am dead? grin

Collapsed after 5 minutes and that 5 munites the skips where done in many intervals, mind you. My quadriceps and calf are burning, my arms are loose, like they're about to disconnect. The toes are not bad (I wasn't placing the foot but the toes), I guess they were born for this.

Can I die now?

1 Like

Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by hahn(m): 2:08pm On Jul 03, 2017
jagugu88li:
When do I do this, before or after I am dead? grin

Collapsed after 5 minutes and that 5 munites the skips where done in many intervals, mind you. My quadriceps and calf are burning, my arms are loose, like they're about to disconnect. The toes are not bad (I wasn't placing the foot but the toes), I guess they were born for this.

Can I die now?

Good, repeat every day. Eventually you will get used to it and be able to skip for a longer time period smiley
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 03, 2017
hahn:

Good, repeat every day. Eventually you will get used to it and be able to skip for a longer time period smiley
Even evil presents itself as good grin.

Good day
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by purityval(m): 3:13pm On Jul 03, 2017
jagugu88li:

Laziness somebody grin grin simple skip you cannor.... Please shift lemme go and lift jhur
Re: Reasons To Do A Rope Skipping Workout. by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2017
purityval:

Laziness somebody grin grin simple skip you cannor.... Please shift lemme go and lift jhur
grin Why should I spare you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Sports Massage? / Inside A Boyfriends Mind / Grow Taller Even If Your Parents Are Short

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.