Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" (24662 Views)

Bbnaija:“my Father Warned Me Not To Return Home After The Show– Dorathy In Tears / Timaya’s 'Telli Person' Warned Hushpuppi Before His Arrest – Fans React / Simi, Adekunle Gold & Reekado Banks Join #EndSARS Campaign, Share Bitter Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by Scoop9ja: 8:34am On Apr 30, 2017
Mavins star Reekado Banks has revealed he got no hindrance from his family when he made it known he had decided to go into the music industry. However, they only gave him one condition – Never leave Jesus Christ.
Speaking with Sunday Scoop, Reekado said:

“My parents have always been supportive and they want the best for their children. When I initially told my mother about my intention, she had no problem with it. She then told my dad and he was okay with it too but said he wanted to be sure that I wouldn’t leave Jesus Christ.”

On what has changed about him since he became popular, Reekado said,

“I am still the same person I used to be. I do every other thing I want but I no longer have the liberty of walking on the street or going to some certain places I would have loved to go. I have always been the indoor type and even when I was in the University of Lagos, I never went to clubs or things like that.

Maintaining that he does not feel threatened by any of his label mates, the Katapot singer said,

“The only thing I can say we have among us is healthy competition. We encourage ourselves to do well and we’re one big happy family. We give ourselves good pressure, like when one person releases a good song, the others are motivated to do the same, or even do better. We also advise ourselves on how to do better and we constantly look out for one another’s progress.”

https://punchng.com/my-father-warned-me-not-to-leave-jesus-christ-reekado-banks/amp/

8 Likes

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by RisingUp: 8:45am On Apr 30, 2017
Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by hungryboy(m): 8:47am On Apr 30, 2017
He warned you not to leave Christ,

Yet, you are smooching beautiful girls in your Music videos and singing about girls money and sex?

Mr Man ,

You are just another confused Christian

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by opeyemiieblog(m): 8:52am On Apr 30, 2017
hmmm.... n u never leave Jesus

1 Like

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by BlackDBagba: 9:15am On Apr 30, 2017
Prove it then.... but then again who needs to 'prove' their faith these days?

1 Like

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by OKorowanta: 9:42am On Apr 30, 2017
Story..
All of us dey sin week in,week out.
We dey leave Jesus almost everyday and we dey come back anytime we get problem.
Lord have mercy.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by brunofarad(m): 10:08am On Apr 30, 2017
Ok

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by ednut1(m): 10:09am On Apr 30, 2017
Abegi.yet u dey sing about yansh

2 Likes

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by Jodha(f): 10:11am On Apr 30, 2017
Lmao... So for yhur mind yhu dey with Jesus?...

After singing about the things of the world... Like boobs, ass, money etc. . .

This guy is the biggest joker of the century... You're not deceiving Jesus.. You're deceiving yhurself...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by lazygal: 10:12am On Apr 30, 2017
brunofarad:
Ok

I love this

1 Like

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by sukkot: 10:12am On Apr 30, 2017
cheesy
Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by paulo220(m): 10:12am On Apr 30, 2017
God pls give me the grace never to leave you, no matter how rich and wealthy am.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by clems88(m): 10:12am On Apr 30, 2017
Iienus reekaodol or whatever beta park well

1 Like

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by benjsniper33: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2017
This reminds me of that American dark artist and singer The Weeknd and his epiphany of the Cross
Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by G0dsent: 10:13am On Apr 30, 2017
Nice

1 Like

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by Tjohnnay: 10:15am On Apr 30, 2017
hungryboy:

Yet, you are smooching beautiful girls in your Music videos and singing about girls money and sex?

Mr Man ,

You are just another confused Christian
baba, its part of acting, like u sai music video

Take a chill pill bro

E dey pain u say him dey smooch gal?? grin

3 Likes

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by Ekeke1(m): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2017
That's the best advise ever.

2 Likes

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by Jodha(f): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2017
hungryboy:

Mr Man ,

[/b]You are just another confused Christian [b]

And what are yhu?... Another confused Muslim?

Smh..

3 Likes

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by osmodes(m): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2017
Head up man!
Let he who has no sin cast a stone.
Thou shall not judge..
catapult of envy

3 Likes

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 30, 2017
okay.
Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by brunofarad(m): 10:16am On Apr 30, 2017
lazygal:

I love this

Thanks cheesy

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by GloriaNinja(f): 10:17am On Apr 30, 2017
undecided HE IS TRASH ANYWAYS
Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by izzy4shizzy(m): 10:18am On Apr 30, 2017
Brb
Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 30, 2017
Reekado, Reekado, Reekado....how many times did I call u...

You are pressing yanshh, using half naked women in ur videos, singing songs don't that glorify God, your life hardly a role model in the kingdom of God....

Forget it my friend....u have collected your life back from Jesus..

2 Likes

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 10:19am On Apr 30, 2017
No comment on this one because y'all be dragging Jesus into every little thing....

But honestly speaking o,i don't think 50 people will make heaven if it truly exist because the terms and conditions can never be met on this earth.

4 Likes

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by olumaxi(m): 10:19am On Apr 30, 2017
And av u left Jesus christ?.....cos dis ur story no deh add up,but who am i to take a action....al i could say is WEHDONE SIR

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by Mayany(m): 10:21am On Apr 30, 2017
Following Jesus is the best legacy every parent can give to their children
Re: Reekado Banks: "My Father Warned Me Not To Leave Jesus Christ" by Scoop9ja: 10:21am On Apr 30, 2017
Scoop9ja:
Mavins star Reekado Banks has revealed he got no hindrance from his family when he made it known he had decided to go into the music industry. However, they only gave him one condition – Never leave Jesus Christ.
Speaking with Sunday Scoop, Reekado said:

“My parents have always been supportive and they want the best for their children. When I initially told my mother about my intention, she had no problem with it. She then told my dad and he was okay with it too but said he wanted to be sure that I wouldn’t leave Jesus Christ.”

On what has changed about him since he became popular, Reekado said,

“I am still the same person I used to be. I do every other thing I want but I no longer have the liberty of walking on the street or going to some certain places I would have loved to go. I have always been the indoor type and even when I was in the University of Lagos, I never went to clubs or things like that.

Maintaining that he does not feel threatened by any of his label mates, the Katapot singer said,

“The only thing I can say we have among us is healthy competition. We encourage ourselves to do well and we’re one big happy family. We give ourselves good pressure, like when one person releases a good song, the others are motivated to do the same, or even do better. We also advise ourselves on how to do better and we constantly look out for one another’s progress.”

http://gidibest.net/2017/04/my-father-warned-me-not-to-leave-jesus-christ-reekado-banks/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibinabo Fiberesima & Hubby Pictured with their 5 Kids at their Wedding / Burna Boy And Uju Stella Trend On Twitter / Clarion Chukwurah Directing Music Video In USA (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.