Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,630 members, 7,827,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

When Principles Meet Principalities. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Principles Meet Principalities. (14132 Views)

Book of Ephesians (*principalities, powers, rulers of darkness of this world) / Demons, Principalities And Powers. Who are They? / The Seven Principalities Of Satan's Rebellious Kingdom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
but he is dead na.. Wats ur point?

You really believe that?
And even if he is dead, doesn't it seem right to say you miss him?
Imagine any of those affected directly by the Boko Haram insurgency reading that poo you wrote up there
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Tenplet(m): 9:36am On Apr 30, 2017
Please u all should go to church
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Partnerbiz(f): 9:36am On Apr 30, 2017
Toks2008:

If the bible says they exist then they certainly do.
I expected better response from you given your level of exposure. That is not authoritaive at all mr Toks.
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by dingbang(m): 9:37am On Apr 30, 2017
alexistaiwo:

You really believe that?
And even if he is dead, doesn't it seem right to say you miss him?
Imagine any of those affected directly by the Boko Haram insurgency reading that poo you wrote up there
ok.. What next? Take paracetamol
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by walls01: 9:38am On Apr 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Harry Potter says Sirius Black exists, so he certainly does

it also said Dementors exists, so they certainly do

Hogwarts must be real cuz a book said so

History book is different from novel. History is book written about what happened but novels are the idea of a man weather real or not
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Toks2008(m): 9:39am On Apr 30, 2017
Tenplet:
Please u all should go to church
On my way....
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by hopefulLandlord: 9:40am On Apr 30, 2017
walls01:

History book is different from novel. History is book written about what happened but novels are the idea of a man weather real or not

Too many Christians like to pretend that the bible must either be completely true or completely false, so some historically accurate place names and people is enough to justify everything.

They conveniently ignore the genre that the bible fits into perfectly that sits between the two: historical fiction.

Spiderman is set in New York, which is a real place, and the comics often get details of the place right, that doesn't mean Spiderman is real, it just means the writers and artists have been to New York.

a real ship Titanic sank and a movie was made around the sinking called "Titanic" but Jack Dawson and Rose (Main Characters in the movie) never existed even though most of the other characters shown in the movie existed and until Wikipedia I always thought Jack and Rose were real

And that isn't even getting into when the Bible gets its geography and history wrong like the Sea of Galilee which doesn't exist outside three of the gospels? It was never called that in ancient times.

1 Like

Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 30, 2017
Well written op.....
I have a friend like that here, he's always complain of witches from his village being responsible when he faces any sort challenges
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2017
dingbang:
ok.. What next? Take paracetamol
See what is killing Africans. Pride won't let you agree that you bleeped up grin One love bro
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Lol
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 30, 2017
walls01:

the bible is history book yh?
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Tenplet(m): 9:51am On Apr 30, 2017
Toks2008:

On my way....
hope u re with ur with ur offering money or u don use am buy data
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by walls01: 9:52am On Apr 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

Too many Christians like to pretend that the bible must either be completely true or completely false, so some historically accurate place names and people is enough to justify everything.

They conveniently ignore the genre that the bible fits into perfectly that sits between the two: historical fiction.

Spiderman is set in New York, which is a real place, and the comics often get details of the place right, that doesn't mean Spiderman is real, it just means the writers and artists have been to New York.

And that isn't even getting into when the Bible gets its geography and history wrong like the Sea of Galilee which doesn't exist outside three of the gospels? It was never called that in ancient times.

You have valid points in your arguments, but you will agree with me that when we write history from the present they are bound to be mistakes, even historians knows this, but this mistakes cannot be used to totally discredit the fact
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by jfleece(m): 9:54am On Apr 30, 2017
Intrepid01:

Your point has only corroborated the Op....you guys are saying the same thing. Maybe you should re-read the post again, but this time slowly and gently.
Thank you sir
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by orisa37: 9:56am On Apr 30, 2017
Toks2008:
I totally agree with the fact that many people expecially in Nigeria have this mindset that there is a spiritual power responsible for every unpleasant situations In their lives like unemployment, loss of job,death of a loved one,financial hardship,delayed and unfruitful marriage, barreness as so on.

The honest truth is that in most cases,we are the architect of our own life and we must brace up to take responsibility for whatever happens to us but In addition to this school of thought,we must also understand that life is being driven by two forces which are the physical and spiritual.

There have been many books written by successful people such as....

1.10 steps to financial success
2. The mindset of the successful people.
3. Step by step guide on how to make millions.
4. Think and grow rich.
5. Rich dad poor dad
6. Getting married and staying married....and many more...

Often times it always seem that the application of these principles will translate to success but in reality, principles of success as vivid as they may appear in real time application can be subjugated by principalities of life and that is why in some cases even those who apply all the principles of success of the Billionaires and achievers of the world still find it difficult to find a headway and many people who claim to be billionaires or successful usually have some sought of principality as a catalyst for success.

So conclusively,as we strive to be the best we can ever be in a legitimate way and with a clean slate,we must never forget to go on our kneels from time to time to fervently pray and possibly fast in order to overcome the principalities that may be a hindrance to the principles of success to work for us.

Remember that we live in a wicked world and when principles meet principalities of life,principles give way but when you pray and fast to remove any form of principalities that may deter you then you are most certain to have a smooth glide to success.

Ephesians 6:12.
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places"

Hope this makes sense.

When Democracy is handled by brass Dictatorship, The Parliament must have The Intellect to move The Country forward to Success and in Peace.
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by walls01: 9:56am On Apr 30, 2017
bjhaid:
the bible is history book yh?

Yes of course, even though the names and places might not be accurate the events are. Paul wrote many epistles and this manuscripts still exist till today, definitely he was written about events which is history
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by macanu(m): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2017
bjhaid:
There will be challenges definitely, but all these powers you are talking about are just imaginations, I don't want to believe they exist.

Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Flintstone06(m): 10:48am On Apr 30, 2017
jfleece:
boss I knw jare, but Dat my guy death pain me Sha, he is the only boy in the family.... Like seriously, some tribes are diabolical and heartless.. Even one of my ex self na river babe.. I gbaga.. Come change my sim card..

After she Don exchange your life. undecided undecided
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Flintstone06(m): 10:50am On Apr 30, 2017
orisa37:

When Democracy is handled by brass Dictatorship, The Parliament must have The Intellect to move The Country forward to Success and in Peace.

Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by jfleece(m): 12:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
Flintstone06:

After she Don exchange your life. undecided undecided
I gat nine lives...
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by Toks2008(m): 5:11pm On Apr 30, 2017
orisa37:

What is this one saying?

Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by mercy232(f): 8:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
Kikikikikikiki... anyone who agrees with this package needs Jesus... your level of Christianity is zero...
Re: When Principles Meet Principalities. by davekata: 11:49pm On Apr 30, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

The Bible is not just a book. It is God's word in writing!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Bible Correct When It Claims Light Was Created Before Sun. / The Revelation Which Failed To Make It To The Quran / Oogun Inu Rirun Ti Ki Ise Ogbe-inu To Daju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.