Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory (24111 Views)

FG Reduces Petrol Pump Price To ₦121.50 / Nigeria To Stop Fish Importation By 2022 – / NNPC Records N85.5 Billion Loss On Petrol Importation, Says Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by ProsperOkec: 9:35am On Apr 30, 2017
Prosperity Okechukwu Is my name as usual.

Okechukwu Nnodim
The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has reduced its importation of Premium Motor Spirit , popularly known as petrol , from about 95 per cent to 50 per cent, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr . Ibe Kachikwu , has said .
According to Kachikwu , the reduction has paved the way for massive investments in the downstream oil sector , as marketers have resumed importation of PMS following the petrol price modulation mechanism introduced by the government in May last year .
The minister , who disclosed this in a podcast message posted on his Facebook page on Saturday, also explained how his ministry was able to end the fuel subsidy regime , ensure petroleum product availability , as well as improve governance efficiency in the oil and gas sector .
Kachikwu said , “ First we ’ ve moved from a fully subsidy based sector to a partially liberalised sector . I say partially because we haven ’ t quite achieved the template to have a fully liberalised sector . What that has done for us is that it has reduced consumption from 50 million litres to 37 million litres a day .
“ Some of that figures are fraud - based , others are potential diversion numbers , but what is happening now is that the effect of our response curbed the appetite for consumption and left us with a much more robust reserve .
“ In addition , the pricing governance , which was a modulating concept , enabled us to come closer to what the realities of pricing were and so this enabled marketers to jump back into the business and continue to massively import.
He added , “ So what you find over a period of between when we introduced this measure (in May 2016 ) till towards the end of last year , was that the NNPC reduced its importation profile from supplying about 90 to 95 per cent of the market to about 50 per cent, which was massive , providing jobs, activity , investment and stability . ”
Prior to Kachikwu ’ s statement , the NNPC had often said it was the major supplier of petroleum products , particularly PMS , supplying over 90 per cent of what is consumed across the country.
The minister further noted that the government had eliminated subsidy payments to oil marketers substantially , but stressed that the downstream oil sector had continued to encounter challenges .
Kachikwu said , “There isn’ t fuel scarcity , we are not short of products , but yet the downstream and midstream sectors continue to remain challenged . And what we are going to do is to analyse what we have done so far and begin to throw solutions to some of these challenges .
“ When we first moved in , we had refineries that were not producing, fuel subsidy issues of almost N15 bn monthly expenses, massive diversion of petroleum products across borders . We are consuming about 50 million litres of products at the time , but that substantially has reduced now .
“ We had issues of pricing efficiency and governance , for at that time the prices we were selling at were so ridiculously below what the sustainable prices are . And you find a situation where basically marketers disappeared from the industry . So we had massive shortages , queues and everything seemed to be breaking down . We ’ ve since come out from that . ”
The minister said Nigeria should start moving away from the use of products like petrol , kerosene and diesel to using liquefied petroleum gas .
He said , “ The reality is that all over the world everybody is moving to cleaner fossils . LPG provides that for us , gas does the same for us . So we need to begin to look at how we can install pipelines for LPG and take it to places of its consumption , where we can have vehicles that have the capability to potentially use gas in order to reduce PMS usage . ”
To achieve this , Kachikwu said the government would collaborate with stakeholders in the sector in order to effectively meet its long- term target in the sector .

http://punchng.com/nnpc-reduces-petrol-importation-by-45/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by DrGoodman: 9:37am On Apr 30, 2017
Feul queues as long as third mainland bridge is almost everywhere now. What a country.

12 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by otokx(m): 10:15am On Apr 30, 2017
Did not see any petrol queue this morning in Port Harcourt, people don't even have money to buy petrol as government has not paid civil servants.

40 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by DelGardo: 10:18am On Apr 30, 2017
The two wailers above should make up their minds already: are there long queues today or are filling stations free of queues because people are not able to buy petrol?

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by DrGoodman: 10:21am On Apr 30, 2017
DelGardo:
The two wailers above should make up their minds already: are there long queues today or are filling stations free of queues because people are not able to buy petrol?

There is queues and there is no money. Somebody standing on a long line to buy fuel of 300naira, how you go describe that one?

19 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by DelGardo: 10:23am On Apr 30, 2017
DrGoodman:

There is queues and there is no money. Somebody standing on a long line to buy fuel of 300naira, how you go describe that one?

Ok, you are standing in the queue with no money? So what will you do when you get to the pump?

My friend stop causing confusion. Leave that queue now and go wail in one small corner.

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by BlowBack: 10:24am On Apr 30, 2017
I can't remember when I filled up the tank in my V6 monster .

The last time I was queuing to buy just 1,000 Naira fuel and shame been dey catch me until the Sequio in front of me bought just 500 Naira worth.

Recession is real

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by SalamRushdie: 10:27am On Apr 30, 2017
That's as a result of lower expendable income and the a poorer middle class ...In the past I used burnt through 20 litres a night just to power my 10 KVA Honda gen but today due to slow business and less disposable income that 20 litres last me more than 2 weeks because I only use it to charge devices and keep the refrigerator iced ..I even stopped paying TV subscription all together because I am hardly at home and no one lives with me for now because of the slow economy l

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by DelGardo: 10:28am On Apr 30, 2017
BlowBack:
I can't remember when I filled up the tank in my V6 monster .

The last time I was queuing to buy just 1,000 Naira fuel and shame been dey catch me until the Sequio in front of me bought just 500 Naira worth.

Recession is real

Possible way out:

1: Sell the V6
2: Buy a smaller functional car
3: Use the profit to start an agro business

Don't use recession (which has ended btw) as an excuse.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by ZombieTAMER: 10:29am On Apr 30, 2017
It's time to sell off the country and everything in it .... APC have finished this country

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by BlowBack: 10:34am On Apr 30, 2017
DelGardo:

Possible way out:

1: Sell the V6

Why should I sell the V6? It is a reliable work horse and helps me in my business trips.
2: Buy a smaller functional car

won't fit into my current grueling schedules and long travel hauls besides I am a big guy and cramming into a tiny jap car will never happen

3: Use the profit to start an agro business

We are all not cut out to scratch the ground for a living. I am professionally employed. Fuel cost has seriously affected my budget but won't be a determining factor to close down shop, sell my car and start a chicken farm.

Don't use recession (which has ended btw) as an excuse.

Obviously still being fed by daddy and mommy

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by DelGardo: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2017
ZombieTAMER:
It's time to sell off the country and everything in it .... APC have finished this country

Unfortunately PDP sold everything (from Nigeria airways, Ajaokuta Steel, Delta Steel, Aluminium Smelter Coy, NAFCON, NITEL, NNSL, NICON to NEPA) and stole the money.

You guys are in for a loooooong wailing time

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by bantudra: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2017
DrGoodman:
Feul queues as long as third mainland bridge is almost everywhere now. What a country.

show prove...

9 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by bantudra: 10:40am On Apr 30, 2017
DelGardo:

Ok, you are standing in the queue with no money? So what will you do when you get to the pump?

My friend stop causing confusion. Leave that queue now and go wail in one small corner.

maybe the moronn is not even nigerian sef or even in nigeria....i dont see any ques in lagos.....petrol station personels are standing bored in some area in lagos....its cheaper their too...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by DelGardo: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2017
BlowBack:

Why should I sell the V6? It is a reliable work horse and helps me in my business trips.

won't fit into my current grueling schedules and long travel hauls besides I am a big guy and cramming into a tiny jap car will never happen

We are all not cut out to scratch the ground for a living. I am professionally employed. Fuel cost has seriously affected my budget but won't be a determining factor to close down shop, sell my car and start a chicken farm.

Obviously still being fed by daddy and mommy

OK.
I see you are employed, which is a good start. I also see you have entitlement issues, which doesn't help much.

Hard not to notice your arrogance and tendency to look down on hard work as well as people you don't know. It is your prerogative bro.

Enjoy your big car and empty pocket. My mummy is calling me to come and eat.

114 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by ProsperOkec: 10:48am On Apr 30, 2017
Mynd44 Lalasticlala this is a victory news

1 Like

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by BlowBack: 10:55am On Apr 30, 2017
DelGardo:

OK.
I see you are employed, which is a good start. I also see you have entitlement issues, which doesn't help much.

Hard not to notice your arrogance and tendency to look down on hard work as well as people you don't know. It is your prerogative bro.

Enjoy your big car and empty pocket. My mummy is calling me to come and eat.

And make sure to clear the chicken sh1t out after you finish your meal

ode

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by Horlufemi(m): 10:58am On Apr 30, 2017
DrGoodman:

Where​ is your location? where are you taking about?

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by ZombieTAMER: 12:08pm On Apr 30, 2017
DelGardo:

Unfortunately PDP sold everything (from Nigeria airways, Ajaokuta Steel, Delta Steel, Aluminium Smelter Coy, NAFCON, NITEL, NNSL, NICON to NEPA) and stole the money.

You guys are in for a loooooong wailing time
What this guy is saying is that because PDP (I call them party of thieves ) failed and were booted out by Nigerians .. APC have to fail too...
Nobody should complain or criticize APC
They shouldn't be held accountable for unfulfilled promises made during campaigns
This guy needs help

20 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by DelGardo: 12:19pm On Apr 30, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

What this guy is saying is that because PDP (I call them party of thieves ) failed and were booted out by Nigerians .. APC have to fail too...
Nobody should complain or criticize APC
They shouldn't be held accountable for unfulfilled promises made during campaigns
This guy needs help

No, what the guy is saying is that there is nothing left to sell (you asked them to sell Nigeria) and that Buhari is working hard to restore the little left of what PDP cannibalised.

Not sure this is same thing as anti-criticism.
But then again one can't reason with wailers, can they?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by ProsperOkec: 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2017
Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by ProsperOkec: 12:38pm On Apr 30, 2017
This is a national news mynd44 Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by ZombieTAMER: 12:39pm On Apr 30, 2017
DelGardo:

Buhari is working hard to restore the little left of what PDP cannibalised.

Buhari working hard?
A president that now works from home
A vegetable president that even his family have to access to as he has been hijacked by the northern cabal
A president that put Nigeria into recession
Anybody who can't see that the country is doomed under Buhari needs help

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by DelGardo: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Buhari working hard?
A vegetable president that even his family have to access to as he has been hijacked by the northern cabal

Whatever floats your boat.
Your Hero lost (we made sure of that), he ain't coming back and there is no more free money for your bunch (the vegetable you love to hate has made sure of that).

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by Benekruku(m): 2:41pm On Apr 30, 2017

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

17 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by oshe11: 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
AYAMU TAYAD OF DIS CORNTREA I WAN GO U.S

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by Benekruku(m): 2:42pm On Apr 30, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Buhari working hard?

Wail on!

Certain you can't wail till 2023

17 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2017
wailers form for sale o!
recession don't know who is APC or PDP.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by spako4(m): 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
DrGoodman:
Are you in another country?

10 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by Emekamex(m): 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
From what I can deduce from this post, fuel importation only changed hands from NNPC to marketers and local consumption dropped due to economic difficulties; there isnt actually any improvement in our refining capacity, which is the only way that the petroleum sector will be self sustained.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by LastSurvivor11: 2:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
Not that am doubting the news but the problem is that I still bought #145 this morning

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Reduces Petrol Importation By 45% Victory by aolawale025: 2:46pm On Apr 30, 2017
Folks hardly fill up their cars these days unlike before. The capacity is still there but the demand is restrained due to financial reasons

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IG Removes Kogi CP Over Escape Of Six Suspects / Governor Akeredolu Commissions 18 Units Of SEM-919 Motor Grader (PHOTOS) / Apologise Over Muslim-Muslim Ticket - Progressive Lawyers For Osinbajo To FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.