Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,132 members, 7,953,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:26 PM

Shadows Of The Green Part Two - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows Of The Green Part Two (55693 Views)

Above The Shadows / Shadows Of Yesterday By Tiffanyj / Shadows Of The Green (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by mercyymai(f): 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
Thks for the update.... But i'm a bit disappointed, I was happy wen I saw the last chapter but its not actually the last because u didn't complete it
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by mercyymai(f): 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2017
Thks for the update.... But i'm a bit disappointed, I was happy wen I saw the last chapter but its not actually the last because u didn't complete it . Waiting patiently for the rest of the chapter
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 7:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
mercyymai:
Thks for the update.... But i'm a bit disappointed, I was happy wen I saw the last chapter but its not actually the last because u didn't complete it . Waiting patiently for the rest of the chapter
Boo... Last chapter not last update honeybun... We are almost dere boo... Thanks for sticking around
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by yungeez(m): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2017
after all d killing nd dark powers i dnt tink Gori is gonna make it out of dis story alive
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by hmbassey1960(m): 7:58pm On Jun 14, 2017
Bibi294:

Boo... Last chapter not last update honeybun... We are almost dere boo... Thanks for sticking around
cum first wetin be ur talent self
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2017
hmbassey1960:
cum first wetin be ur talent self

Talent like? I don't get
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by hmbassey1960(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
Bibi294:

Talent like? I don't get
talent like beauty
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by mercyymai(f): 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
Bibi294:

Oh!!! Last update or last chapter we are waiting
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Hadampson(m): 10:49am On Jun 15, 2017
Waiting for more updates
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by honourable356(m): 12:31am On Jun 16, 2017
I read down this story from part one to part two with great interest taking every details into consideration and ignoring typographical errors here and there...

I gave in to temptation and check the person whose brain created and composed such story...and had to admit plainly that I was impressed even through the story sounds much more like Yoruba movies

Bibi?
So far since I was here,the name doesn't ring a bell as a writer here on NL

But..

The moment I read the final chapter even through the story has not been concluded yet..

I find myself murmuring;

What an outrageous potential....
This is just the beginning of more captivating and action packed story from you.

You have my support!
Best wishes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by 1marking(m): 7:04pm On Jun 26, 2017
Aunty bibi hw far na
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by mercyymai(f): 8:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
Howfa sis? No update for this holiday?
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by spiceybae(f): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2017
Hmmm...waiting fr update lyk nigerians waiting fr development nd biafrans waiting fr freedom....bibi show us love biko
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by gtin(m): 12:14am On Jun 27, 2017
Bibi294 I hope u are ok oh this 1 no update from u
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by 5ircreepy(m): 3:58am On Jun 27, 2017
Bibi294, hope you're fine
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by queenitee(f): 9:22am On Jun 27, 2017
Bibi294, hope all is well?
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by comelyJummy(f): 11:16am On Jun 27, 2017
Bibi294 how far wetin dey happen now. Person wey you no see you no dey ask. Update make I read joor
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2017
"See, we will have to kill this baby o... This is our last trial... If this fails, then we are all dead meats." Oluwo complained, in his hands was a new born baby who had already been stripped naked.

"Daddy... Let's be fast about this joo... I'm sure he would soon come after Us o." She said impatiently.
"This house is familiar to me." He scanned everywhere as they made to enter.

"You would soon know, Mr. Shadow."
"I'm afraid he might be in danger..." Godwin said, he immediately began to take off his ear and body rings, something he does in distress.

"Calm down and let's meet him at the said place..." Olu said.

"Gori is not someone to give up easily... I know we will all see this to the end." Solo added.

"Guys, we don't have diabolical power like Gori... Moreso don't you guys think this thing is beyond our power.... Why...why..." He kept quiet, seeing him through the university was his parents only achievement, he was his parents sixth and last child, four of his siblings died of polio while his immediate brother was lame already. He should risk his life for a school which wasn't in his state of origin sef... He sighed of uncertainty.

"grin one, I understand you, bro. Just go and meet the students standing infront of the SUG building. We will notify you when and where to meet up with you guys."

"I think that's better." He sighed.
"Hey guys, I received a call now from one of the SUG guys." Officer Jakande said rolling a wrap of crack.

"...that?" Jude who was busy sipping a lucozade boost asked.

"He sent me an address and ask us all to meet at the said address by 5p.m."

"I saw his mail too... From one Godwin. He said if we get to the place, we should all hang around with our men on standby." Irabor added.

"Is it the D day already." Jakande took a drag and passed it to Irabor.

"Jakande, mobilise your men... We are ending this shit altogether today. I go even get time knack all this skimpy babes wey dey sef." He took a long drag.
"Mummy, they took my baby already..." She complained amidst tears, she was in a oversized 'iro' and 'buba'.

"Ah! What should we do now?" Mama Gori who was panicking asked.

"I have been trying to get through to Goriola." She held her painful breast, her 'buba' was already soaked of breastmilk.

"Which Gori?" The confused mother asked.

"Mum, Gori is alive... He took my delivery... He is... He promised to come see you after... After everything."

"Gori is dead Jo... I think the person who took your delivery was Gori's reincarnate."the confused mother said.

"Mummy, that aside... Please I need my baby... I want to see her!" She was in tears.

"Do you know who took her?"

"I knew they are my grandfather's apprentice... They forcefully took her... See my breast, mummy." She flung off her clothes showing her breastmilk filled body.

"Calm down, my daughter."

"She needs me, mum. God knows what is happening to her right now." She looked so worried.

"Nothing will happen, my dear... But why would your grandpa take your daughter forcefully?"

"Mummy, let's go." She sprang up dragging her mother in-law.

"Calm down, Tiwa. Everything would be good." She wiped her face with the edge of her wrapper. She lost her husband, her first son and now, her grandchild. Life was indeed unfair.
All his friends were dead already, they were seven Greens with children but in the past few years,(most recently) he had lost everyone dear to him. He was the only surviving sirGreen. He put off his clothes and wore his green regalia, he wanted to end it all but the message he received from the governor changed his mindset, he had a chance of surviving.. He got to the living room and met his wife and children seeing a movie, he walked past them paying little or no attention to them. They were the least of their problem that moment.

"Daddy Viv, where are you going to with this absurd regalia." The children laughed, the green uniform looked so funny. He walked out without replies. The wife stood up and went to the window, she was aware of his husband rumored involvement in the ongoing fraternity junks. All his friends were dead, he was the last man standing. He stood outside his car for some minutes looking round his acquired wealth... His mansion, his cars, and extravagant lifestyle. He took a last breathe and walked out. His wife sensing danger took her car keys and followed her husband ignoring the worried children.

Good evening everyone

Sorry for delayed update

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 8:11pm On Jun 27, 2017
honourable356:
I read down this story from part one to part two with great interest taking every details into consideration and ignoring typographical errors here and there...

I gave in to temptation and check the person whose brain created and composed such story...and had to admit plainly that I was impressed even through the story sounds much more like Yoruba movies

Bibi?
So far since I was here,the name doesn't ring a bell as a writer here on NL

But..

The moment I read the final chapter even through the story has not been concluded yet..

I find myself murmuring;

What an outrageous potential....
This is just the beginning of more captivating and action packed story from you.

You have my support!
Best wishes.

Thanks dear
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 8:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
queenitee:
Bibi294, hope all is well?
All is well... Its hard combining life on and outside nairaland altogether...

Work have been taking my time... Setting up a studio et al
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
comelyJummy:
Bibi294 how far wetin dey happen now. Person wey you no see you no dey ask. Update make I read joor
No vex my bear
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2017
gtin:
Bibi294 I hope u are ok oh this 1 no update from u
Bobo...no vex bro
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
1marking:
Aunty bibi hw far na
I dey na
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 8:15pm On Jun 27, 2017
mercyymai:
Howfa sis? No update for this holiday?
Holiday Neva finish boo
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 8:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
spiceybae:
Hmmm...waiting fr update lyk nigerians waiting fr development nd biafrans waiting fr freedom....bibi show us love biko
Lol... You've got my love bunbun
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by YINKS89(m): 9:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
dis is really getin interesting but b really feeling for tiwa.... d bby mus not die ooo or else bibi ku go hear am from mi.
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by queenitee(f): 10:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
Bibi294:

All is well... Its hard combining life on and outside nairaland altogether...

Work have been taking my time... Setting up a studio et al
It's okay, when you are chanced, do updates. Thanks
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by comelyJummy(f): 7:36am On Jun 28, 2017
Bibi294:
No vex my bear
what? Bear? Impossible? Correction sharp sharp.
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 8:57am On Jun 28, 2017
comelyJummy:
what? Bear? Impossible? Correction sharp sharp.

You're my baby bear nne
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Toyin223(f): 6:01pm On Jun 28, 2017
WELDONE Sister
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by mercyymai(f): 7:04pm On Jun 28, 2017
Thks sis...... More update
Re: Shadows Of The Green Part Two by Bibi294(f): 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2017
Oluwo held the blade, it would be better to end the shadow than to end the Green, the baby's blood would cleansed his sins and killed the shadow. He was bitter, he was about slaughtering his first grandchild but it was what he had to do to save his daughter.

"Adunni."

"Sir..."

"Let's do this, you hear me? It's for your on good. I've few moments to spend but I wantus to use this baby's blood to cleanse yourself and your daughter." There was silence, they could hear the sound of a door creaked.

"Were you expecting someone?" Miss Eyiwunmi asked.

"Maybe it's Gori... But don't you think it's too early?" Sangoyode entered.

"...and what are you doing here?" The puzzled old man asked.

"Do you think this place is somewhere you can just go in and out anyhow?" Miss Eyiwunmi added.

"Baba!"

"Don't baba me... Do you think I have your time?"

"Oluwo.." They all turned to where the voice came from, Oluwo staggered backward while miss Eyiwunmi ran for covered.

"...what is happening?" The confused shadow asked as he stepped inside.

"Gori Fatoyinbo, you asked to know who the leader of the Green is, isn't it?"

"...and what the hell are we doing here?!"

"One of these two is the leader of the green?" Sangoyode said pointing his thumbs at Miss Eyiwunmi and Oluwo.

"I don't understand..." Gori picked his phone and dialled a number.

"Hello... Solo! Bring your men to the said location!" He ended the call.

"Baba Oluwo... Good to meet you again...!" He stretched his hands for an handshake.

"Cut it there, stupid boy! Poor you!" Oluwo spat.

"Baba, OK...OK... I'm sorry I have not been checking in you or redeeming my pledges... I've been busy dealing with the useless Green..."

"Don't ever! I repeat... Do not ever call my fraternity useless! What do you want?" He cut in.

"Oluwo... I don't understand you.... How... How..."

"How what?" Oluwo laughed. "You're just a bright candle that cannot see it's bottom.... Stinky fool..." He cursed.

"Wait oh! I'm not getting it... Do you mean you have a hand in all that has been happening in our school."

"Before nko?" Miss Eyiwunmi chuckled.

"Mother-in-law... What..."

"What is what? Ehn... Gori... Can't you just leave me and my father alone." She adjusted the baby she was carrying.

"Ugh... Wait o... Is that not my child?" He kept his phone in his pocket and moved closer to Miss Eyiwunmi.

"Stop there! A dog that enters an Ogun shrine belongs to the god of iron! You're just a toothless dog, Gori. Oh, you thought you killed Ken abi! Like you are a powerful man...ehn... Let me tell you this, I killed that idiot myself, after I got the bastard hypnotised, and he killed himself, you now think you're revenging his stupid death. You are making the same mistake Ken made, and I'm going to kill you the way I killed him." He stepped backward, took two shawls, tied one and gave one to Miss Eyiwunmi.

"I'm fully prepared for this day... You fool." Gori knew he had been played, the same man who initiated him had played him, he got the picture... Oluwo was his worse enemy.

"What are you doing here with my child?" He turned to his mother-in-law.

"Your child, my grandchild?" She scoffled.

"Give her to me."

"Stop kidding yourself! She is our item of sacrifice and I won't blink a second to slit her throat!" Oluwo threatened.

"Your own grandchild! You want to kill your own grandchild for a stupid confraternity? What grandmother are you?"

"I can do anything to save my own biological father!" She barked!

"Oh! I can get a clearer picture... Oluwo is your father, Tiwa is oluwo's granddaughter and our baby should be his great grandchild! What sort of wahala is this? Let me tell you this, my own child can never be an item of sacrifice for you dumbasses!"

"Watch me!" Oluwo brought out the blade and moved closer to the crying baby. Gori removed his belt and threw it on oluwo's shawl and both disappeared immediately.

"Where is my shawl?" Oluwo was fidgeting already, his shawl was his source of power and he couldn't risk it for anything even at the point of death.

"Your shawl? It's here..." Gori replied sarcastically pointing towards the flames of smoke.

"Ahhhh!" Oluwo exclaimed, without his shawl, his doom was near.

"Now, give me that child to me!" He said authoritatively. Miss Eyiwunmi crawled to where he stood and handed the baby over to him.

"Now, both of you should go on your kneels..." They obeyed. He turned to Sangoyode. "...and you too, foolis man." He obeyed immediately. The VC entered almost immediately and on sighting the woke scenario... He knelt without been told. Gori sighed.

"He sighted a plastic chair at a corner and sat on it, brought out his pone and dialled Godwin's number.

"Tell one of the policemen to come inside together with Solomon and others." He disconnected the call.

"Oluwo, who is the leader of the Green?" He leaned backward, crossed his legs and held his belt in a twirl, he flapped the belt and on sighting the belt, Oluwo began to talk.

"I... I... I am the founder of the Green..." He started. "I created the deadly group in revenge of the death of my beloved and only son." He sobbed, Miss Eyiwunmi blew her nose too. The VC exchanged a confused glance with Sangoyode and Gori.

"I had two children all my life! Adunni and Akanji who was murdered to clean the poo these men and some students committed." He pointed towards the VC.

"I don't understand you, sir! I don't even know you buh I can recognize your voice from the strong room... I don't understand all these!!!" The VC knew they had been playing fast one on him.

"My wife died while giving birth to Adunni, leaving behind two children... I cared for them through my farm and IFA business. I was a white herbalist till the painful death of Akanji in 1981. He gained admission newly and I had to sell my plot of land, my farmland and my house so he could go to school. His deadbody was brought back home two days after resumption." Miss Eyiwunmi sobbed louder, blowing her nose and cleaning her eyes.

"...when I asked what happened to him, I learnt four young lecturers and some students were involved in robbery and at the verge of being caught, my innocent son who saw them was killed so as to clean all links with which the could be caught.... It was painful.." The VC remembered the incident, himself, John, Yusuf, Akin and some students had gone to rob some group of people, the police got wind of them and as they were trying to escape by seeking covers under a rock, a village boy with luggage's had screamed on sighting their weapon calling the attention of a police officer.well, they killed him and after some days,the father had came and pointed them out but there was no evidence but he had promised to cone after them that year, but none of them took it to heart not after the Green came and they became powerful..

"I stopped being a white herbalist, burnt all my charm and went to collect power from laalu ogiri oko through the ogboni confraternity. I had been killing innocent children through these foolish men who I had been manipulating... When Ken came into the picture, I used him to rape and harrass the seven men but when you came,I knew you possess more spiritual powers, you're gifted, sent by olodumare himself. I wanted to change your mission by using to revenge ken's death but the more I tried, the more it became entangled.you cannot be killed by anyone... Please forgive me..." He pleaded.

"You're just a shameless man... Revenging the death of your son by killing thousands of innocent ladies? By forming up a fraternity made up by evil men who killed your son? You're heartless and ruthless... These men are even strafing your said daughter! All those men were screwing her and you're aware!"

"Screwing her? Ngbo, Adunni?" He faced Miss Eyiwunmi who looked down immediately. "Ah, Adunni, see where your promiscuity landed us!"

"So Eyiwunmi is your daughter?" The VC asked.

"Yes, and she has been working together with me by managing the fraternity with me. We attended most meetings together or she come alone... That was why no one knew who the leader was till now". He explained further.

" ah! We have been fooled!" The VC raised his hands, the NTA cameraman brought the video closer to the VC while other watched from afar.

"So how does Sangoyode came into the picture?"

"He is one of the foolish people I succeeded manipulating. I, as a stark illiterate and my daughter who had a school cert are ruling a whole school and when we discovered he was a perfect fit, we chose to use him to rule the whole state... We made him the deputy but we are really in charge of this state... It can never move forward ... All the money he though he was making were papers, Yoruba call it 'agbana', we spend the real money..." He added, Sangoyode watched the old man in amazement, no wonder the best he had achieved was a new model SUV and a filling station after spending six years in office.

The door opened and two people entered, Tiwa and Gori's mother.

"What? Goriola!!! Gori, this is your father?" Two eyes meet, she could remember everything now, he impregnated her...

Dedications
mercymai
Toyin223
Souloho19
comelyJummy
spicybae
queenitee
YINKS89
gtin
honourable356

Who is Gori's father?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) / The Bond That Can Never Be Broken / Sinister Affections Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.