Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) (44291 Views)

Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda / Nigerian Student Laments As Her Sexual Harasser Becomes Her Project Supervisor / Pictures - Finally, I Am A Graduate!! - Thank God - Viviangist.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Olalekan95(m): 11:53pm On Apr 30, 2017
LastMumu:
How person go travel go India go study Human Resources Management? Except say na IT or engineering course, India of all places. when schools yapa for Naija like pure water. angry

Congratulations all the same Bros.
out of thread.... mumu boi
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by preselect(m): 12:02am On May 01, 2017
I still remember the days when UNN, Unilag, University of Ibadan,Ife, Zaria and were regarded as top schools in Africa and the world.

People came from all over the world to attend schools in Nigeria. People came from South Africa(yes this same south africa), Namibia, Ghana, Egypt, India, Pakistan, Cameroon, Angola etc to get Nigerian education. People even came from outside to get high school education, yes, some secondary schools in owerri in the days of my elder brothers had egyptian and pakistani teachers and students.

What happened to us? sad

anyways, at topic, congratulations my dear, you've done your bit.

#BuhariStillSucks

1 Like

Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Horus(m): 12:21am On May 01, 2017
India is the most racist country in the world. Indians are the most racist people in the world and even today, a child born in the Indian family is taught to worship anyone with white skin and look down upon anyone with dark skin. And thus was born the Indian racism against Africans and other dark skinned people. A fair skinned foreigner gets treated like a god and a dark skinned one is treated very badly.Among Indians themselves too there are conflicts between castes and people from different regions like the problem between Marathi Manoos and Biharis. And yet, Indians won’t accept this fact and boast about the culture and diversity and acceptance.
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Nobody: 12:25am On May 01, 2017
sexybbstar:

That's me..unless my husband no allow me enter politics.

Nop, worry not, i shall allow it, after all, i prefer to always work at 30% capacity, with a hard working wife like you, i will scale it down to 20%...am sure i dont need to buy anything for house once you win the election
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Nobody: 12:29am On May 01, 2017
Jiang:

Nop, worry not, i shall allow it, after all, i prefer to always work at 30% capacity, with a hard working wife like you, i will scale it down to 20%...am sure i dont need to buy anything for house once you win the election
You are from jos?I'm just looking at your moniker.Looks like someone from pankshin,jos.
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Paulscholari(m): 12:36am On May 01, 2017
BRO...........i cant help but laff at your shoe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin after that expenses suit. na wa o
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:38am On May 01, 2017
cruchenuti:

Hmmm i see youuuuuuu
I see you too grin
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Prettiepearlz(f): 12:40am On May 01, 2017
obstead200:

Oya, u sef, travel to India and study Yoruba language, or maybe Hindu linguistics.
No be only India, na Bangladesh you dey go. And your course will be local government studies grin
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by aderosh(f): 12:40am On May 01, 2017
Congrats
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Siscooh: 12:41am On May 01, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Fine boy...

But why India
Congratulations
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Nobody: 12:44am On May 01, 2017
ItzBeenGod:
When I went to India to begin my under graduate program in July 2014, I was barely 18, it was my first time out of the country. Before I arrived on India’s soil I had heard so many Africans were there, specifically Nigerians.
In India, my focus was on studying hard, doing my parents proud, getting to know the people and culture and, hopefully, learning to speak the language. While I only managed to acquire a smidgen of that, I gained great insight into the nation, Politically, economically, and spiritually. If I could describe the local people who I met in three words they would be: Kind, loving, and welcoming. But my experience helped me to understand that Indian culture carries its share of complex and ugly features too.
As an African, I could relate to what it means to be misunderstood, underrepresented, and discriminated. But I developed the ability to understand issues from other points of view while living and studying in India.
As a HRM student, I often found myself to be the only African or one of just a few Africans in my classes. Such an experience really allowed me to learn from the perspectives of my cosmopolitan classmates who hailed from countries such as, Pakistan, Nepal, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda etc. It was a special chance to view my homeland through the lens of so many non-Nigerian. Many of them desired to visit Nigeria. in search of greater opportunity but were also cognizant of the country's ills.
Pursuing my education in India taught me the virtue of humility, and the value of diversity. I will say it was really God all the way, Baba God noni. It wasn’t easy, but it was really worth it.
Abeg Nairalanders Make una congratulate una boy na smiley smiley smiley
E no dey easy to be a Graduate grin grin
All my Boss them cool
Oga Seun
Lalasticlala
Abeg compensate your Boy with Front Page now...

Irony of life.

Pessin we travel out to India bag degree come dey beg pessin wey dey naija for frontpage.

Omi ti eda mamu, koni shon koja e.
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by GloriaNinja(f): 12:50am On May 01, 2017
CONGRATS BECAUSE IT'S NOT EASY TO GRADUATE FROM A RACIST COUNTRY LIKE INDIA.
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by whizcartel(m): 12:57am On May 01, 2017
Your shoes... What are those!!!!!
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Rtopzy(f): 1:19am On May 01, 2017
ItzBeenGod:
Greatful heart
Bro its grateful.........Oya come n pay ur school fees
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Burgerlomo: 1:34am On May 01, 2017
Congratulations
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by flyca: 1:50am On May 01, 2017
That was fast. 2014 to 2017 - 3 years.
Is that how long it takes to do undergrads in India?
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by oweman: 1:51am On May 01, 2017
I don't think this do the drugs running sha by now Indians would have dealt him hot slaps severely some biafrogs would have Benn wailing to high heavens .
Kongrats sua !

1 Like

Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Climax11: 2:33am On May 01, 2017
ItzBeenGod:
When I went to India to begin my under graduate program in July 2014, I was barely 18, it was my first time out of the country. Before I arrived on India’s soil I had heard so many Africans were there, specifically Nigerians.
In India, my focus was on studying hard, doing my parents proud, getting to know the people and culture and, hopefully, learning to speak the language. While I only managed to acquire a smidgen of that, I gained great insight into the nation, Politically, economically, and spiritually. If I could describe the local people who I met in three words they would be: Kind, loving, and welcoming. But my experience helped me to understand that Indian culture carries its share of complex and ugly features too.
As an African, I could relate to what it means to be misunderstood, underrepresented, and discriminated. But I developed the ability to understand issues from other points of view while living and studying in India.
As a HRM student, I often found myself to be the only African or one of just a few Africans in my classes. Such an experience really allowed me to learn from the perspectives of my cosmopolitan classmates who hailed from countries such as, Pakistan, Nepal, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda etc. It was a special chance to view my homeland through the lens of so many non-Nigerian. Many of them desired to visit Nigeria. in search of greater opportunity but were also cognizant of the country's ills.
Pursuing my education in India taught me the virtue of humility, and the value of diversity. I will say it was really God all the way, Baba God noni. It wasn’t easy, but it was really worth it.
All my Boss them cool
Oga Seun
Lalasticlala

India? God forbid! A country where all manner of negative strange stuff happens
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Madeu(m): 3:33am On May 01, 2017
flyca:
That was fast. 2014 to 2017 - 3 years.
Is that how long it takes to do undergrads in India?

Management and Science courses takes 3 years

Engineering and Medical courses takes 4-5 years

PG:
PGD-1years
Masters 2-years
PG in MD 3-4
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Hidhupz: 4:31am On May 01, 2017
Bro u go don't dey do all this India pple dance o
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by mamajaz(f): 6:12am On May 01, 2017
LastMumu:
How person go travel go India go study Human Resources Management? Except say na IT or engineering course, India of all places. when schools yapa for Naija like pure water. angry

Which school School Wey you go enter as teenager but still remain dey there when your mates Wey go India for don become grandpa because of strike Skuul kor, sikiiru ni...
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by ItzBeenGod: 6:19am On May 01, 2017
Paulscholari:
BRO...........i cant help but laff at your shoe grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin after that expenses suit. na wa o
Expensive not expenses grin grin grin grin now can you stop Laughing
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by linearity: 6:33am On May 01, 2017
O boy, those shoes! I beg, try retire dem fast fast...at least make God answer the prayers of the homeless and beggars without shoes through you.
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Nobody: 6:40am On May 01, 2017
sexybbstar:

That's me..unless my husband no allow me enter politics.
if we get married y won't I allow u.. 2 naiealanders in the business..
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Nobody: 6:40am On May 01, 2017
LastMumu:

Exactly my tot, courses lik IT, Engineering, Medical or biological science in India would ve been a bomb
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by Nobody: 6:41am On May 01, 2017
pesinfada:
former presido is a nairalndr

Reubn abati dey here too

Na politicians/markets full nairalandr.
are u serious?

1 Like

Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by sunnyeinstein(m): 6:47am On May 01, 2017
Sparkle777:
Congrats dear.
My question, do Indians always dance and sing like their movies? Asin, dem dey dance for road?

cheesy cheesy
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by davidif: 7:10am On May 01, 2017
ItzBeenGod:
All my Boss them cool
Oga Seun
Lalasticlala

Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by samsam4real: 7:34am On May 01, 2017
Congratulations bro
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by jasssbabe(f): 7:43am On May 01, 2017
congratulation to all the SB college graduates
Re: My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) by MsFaith: 7:46am On May 01, 2017
Congratulations , God saw you through it, may His name be praised forever. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hilarious School Name Spotted In My Neighborhood / WAEC Releases 2016 WASSCE Results / UNIBEN vs AAU Fight Dirty On Twitter.(see hilarious tweet)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.