Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,235 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It (36299 Views)

Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram / Biography Of Kaduna Nzeogwu By Olusegun Obasanjo / Hackers Circulate "Against The Run Of Play" By Olusegun Adeniyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by citizenY(m): 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2017
I just finished reading this book.

I must doff my hat for Segun Adeniyi.

Jonathan found himself as the proverbial meat in the sandwich. By some twist of fate, I am inclined to agree with OBJ that Jonathan was too small for the presidency. As I said somewhere, his background and experience did not prepare him for the high wired jungle that is Nigerian politics. He was just a pawn on the chess board. He was overwhelmed by the trend of events around him. In the process, he continued to wobble and fumble. In his sober moments, he WL be wondering what hit him.

However,I pity my fellow citizens. The level of elite and adult delinquency displayed by the various actors is the cause of where we are today. A squandering of time.resources and opportunity by our leaders. Our politicians are only after their own. An interplay of biigotry, nepotism , greed and mischief by political actors, crisscrossing the political spectrum chasing filthy lucre while the masses line up to cast votes and support opponents who are actually united in the mad rush for our common patrimony.

The closing chapter portrays Jonathan as a wailer. Somebody should tell.him that this is politics. He came, he saw and should take his medicine.No complains. He certainly did not conquer, let nobody deceive him.He should have remained in Bayelsa. But God works in mysterious ways.

The question is whether we have learnt any lessons? Is this what Buhari is going through?

The answer , they say, is blowing in the winds.

God bless Nigeria.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by menxer: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
I just learnt something new:
He came, he saw and should take his medicine.No complains. He certainly did not conquer, let nobody deceive him.

132 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by FirstCounsel(m): 8:58pm On Apr 30, 2017
I just got a soft copy of the book this evening. Tomorrow public holiday I hope to feast on it all day God willing

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by danot1030: 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
Jonathan was a big political mistake.

He was not mature for the office he found himself, his level of cluelessness was conspicuously shown in his policies and decisions and the smart rouges around him really took advantage of him. An example was when someone like Obanikoro who cannot deliver his street in a fair election was threatening that he will not support him if did not give him a ministerial appointment, Jonathan succumbed even when he didn't have need for Obanikoro.

51 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by Sodiq3(m): 9:15pm On Apr 30, 2017
I hardly read a book of 200pages upward within 12hrs. I did that today. The book is informative. We citizens are just mere spectators in Nigeria
political environment. lots are happening behind
the scene. We only have knowledge of what the
actors want us to know.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by decatalyst(m): 9:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
menxer:
He came, he saw and should take his medicine.No complains. He certainly did not conquer, let nobody deceive him.

Jesu!

6 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by EdCure: 10:01pm On Apr 30, 2017
Nigerian politicians' memoirs are much like fictions. They're riddled with lies and ego projections - which make me not to waste my time on reading them.
But I hope to get a copy of this book. It must contain some very intriguing revelations.

14 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by babadem2much(m): 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2017
menxer:

You learn only wicked quotes...
That op badt die i swear

7 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by babadem2much(m): 10:12pm On Apr 30, 2017
If i were Jonathan i will just keep mute as if nobody writes any book but since he reacted people will find one thing in the book to bash him... Obj sef him mouth na bomb ied well prepared

5 Likes

Re: Against The Run Of Play - By Olusegun Adeniyi.... Just Finished Reading It by SarrkiNemesis: 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
citizenY:
I just finished reading this book.

I must doff my hat for Segun Adeniyi.

Jonathan found himself as the proverbial meat in the sandwich. By some twist of fate, I am inclined to agree with OBJ that Jonathan was too small for the presidency. As I said somewhere, his background and experience did not prepare him for the high wired jungle that is Nigerian politics. He was just a pawn
on the chess board. He was overwhelmed by the trend of events around him. In the process, he continued to wobble and fumble. In his sober moments, he WL be wondering what hit him.

However,I pity my fellow citizens. The level of elite and adult delinquency displayed by the various actors is the cause of where we are today. A squandering of time.resources and opportunity by our leaders. Our politicians are only after their own. An interplay of biigotry, nepotism , greed and mischief by political actors, crisscrossing the political spectrum chasing filthy lucre while the masses line up to cast votes and support opponents who are actually united in the mad rush for our common patrimony.

The closing chapter portrays Jonathan as a wailer. Somebody should tell.him that this is politics. He came, he saw and should take his medicine.No complains. He certainly did not conquer, let nobody deceive him.He should have remained in Bayelsa. But God works in mysterious ways.

The question is whether we have learnt any lessons? Is this what Buhari is going through?

The answer , they say, is blowing in the winds.

God bless Nigeria.
Trash, BmC Wannabe

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

What's Exactly Stopping Nigeria From Having 24/7 Electricity? / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Audi As NSCDC CG, Nababa Ncos CG / 2023: President Buhari Meets Goodluck Jonathan Behind Close Doors PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.