Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Strange Ambition - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Strange Ambition (769 Views)

Nairaland Book Of The Month- Strange Encounters By Akposb / Ikádä(throne Of Love): War, Betrayal, Lust,ambition By Angelsss / Love Really Is Strange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Ambition by Emerald04(m): 9:47pm On Apr 30, 2017
STRANGE AMBITION

Solely Written By:
Austin Emerald
Mail Address:Skyemerald04@gmail.com

All Right Reserved,No Part Of This Publication,May Be Reproduced Or Transmitted In Any Form Without Verified Approval Of The Writter.

COPYRIGHT PROTECTED

Prolouge:
"So there is a Witness"?
Evelyn coker asked lifting up her face,"Yea Evelyn,the lady was there when the incident happened",But I feared she's not going to speak up John answered.
"Then maybe she is going to speak if we get her locked up"
She'd said raising a brow.

That's the main issue,the witness We're talking about here is no other than "Miss Victoria Clifford"the only daughter of "Senator Olatunji Clifford"
Said John.

"Victoria Clifford and So Fu*king What"?

She'd asked him.

"Evelyn Please Don't,remember this's a closed murder case,Our job it at stake going further,
It more better letting the sleeping dog lies,don't try to question the lady,it really dangerous,said John with a worried tone

"No one is above the law,always remember law had no respect for anybody,Irrespective of whom you may be Or where you from"
He laughed at her clumsily,
Trying to mimic her.
"No one is above the ........"

Get out of my office" She'd cut him short with a note of finality.
John stood up and turned to go,after noticing the lady sitting down in front of him is glowing with rage.

"John get the team together,I'm only giving you the Ultimatum of 24hours" I want Clifford Victoria in this station before the time runs out or else.

"What The Bleep!" he said to no one particularly

"Don't Dare Me" John.

He walked out of her office slamming the door.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

6:03PM,Yaba town,Lagos State.

Chapter{1}
It was a cool evening,but the sun is still glowing perfectly,the wind was breezing gently,The Small,Beautiful and Well Decorated Compound, would have been engulfed with silence,except for the barking of the Brown and Black German-Shepherd Dog,that keeps inveighing the compound,Sleeping lazily on his bed was Davis,as the result of surving and browsing of the internet,throughout the whole midnight, maybe he would have sleeped and fantasies about his own wonderland,if not for his mobile phone ringtune,that interrupted the silenced room,
Trying to remained unperturbed,he readjusted his sleeping position,now facing the wall he'd backed before.

The phone ringed again,he hissed and sprang up from the bed with the thought to off the phone,but he immediately have a change of mind on seeing "Hard man",displaying on his phone screen,This man again,he murmured to himself.
Sluggishly picking the phone,he slided the answer icon to the right side of the screen.

"Morning dad"
he muttered to the caller audible for him enough to hear,"How're you doing Son"?
Quite fine he'd replied.
"That's good but your voice sounded somehow, Hope there's no problem"?
"Actually no Prob sire,I just waked up,maybe That's the reason I sound So dull like you say"

"But you're supposed to be in school by now"?

"Yup sire but we're not having lectures today"

"you're telling me you've no lectures on a Monday morning Or Did you think I don't passed through the university level?,I was among the top five{5}.........."

"No dad" he quickly cut in, There was a clash yesterday inside the school premises,though.............."
{he immediately stopped ,realizing his mistake}
Gosh What's wrong with this brain of mine he murmured to himself.

What! the caller exclaimed bringing him back to conscious his state,
Realizing he is still active on voice networking,"Dad it's nothing serious,just a minor issue,and it already settled,and moreover I can take care of myself.

"Serious or not it's none of my business,just get your darn ass home tomorrow morning."
"Oh,no dad,It's not like I'm kinda young to take care of myself"
He'd replied with a serious tone.

"Enough of this silly talking,Richard we be there to pick you up before 10:00am tomorrow"
Said the man with a more serious and warning tone before ending the call.

••Dammit,I'm tired of this man autocracy over me,he muttered softly and incoherently,while heading toward the small kitchen••

TWENTY{20} MINUTES LATER

••"He picked up the remote control on the glassy table situated in the central of through sitting room"••

Switching on the Plasma Tv hung at the left corner of the room,he search and select his favorite channel,

"CELEBRITY LIFESTYLE"

This dude again he smiled, as he watched 50 Cent, being Interview live,he laughed noticing that the the interviewers are trying to make him talk about his beefed with Rick Rock.

"This man is just too Dope for my liking"

Davis freeze,on hearing the feminine voice that sounded from behind,

Standing up on his feet,and turning his face backward,He stared at her with a disturbing look.

"Jessie What the Bleep are you doing here?
and What the hell happens to knocking?,he'd quickly added".

"Is that the best way to greet an Ex-girlfriend"?

Jessie replied with a tempting grin.

She gracefully walked to sit opposite his direction crossed legging her leg,she'd picked up the remote lowering the volume of the Tv.

"Your mum phoned me about Ten{10} minutes earlier that,you'll be coming back home tomorrow morning........"

Davis cast her a surprised look.

"Moreover, she'd said I may accompany you home"
What!
"Davis exclaimed with a startled voice".

1 Like

Re: Strange Ambition by xaviercasmir(m): 6:55am On May 01, 2017
KEEP IT UP

1 Like

Re: Strange Ambition by abubakarbabang7(m): 9:03am On May 01, 2017
fire up

1 Like

Re: Strange Ambition by Emerald04(m): 10:44pm On May 01, 2017
Lawrence cursed himself viciously,as he paced to and fro in the large room,

"Vivian,there's no way I'm stopping this,I swore with great eloquence,I'm gonna hunt him down,no matter how long it may seems or be"
he'd said.

"I can't imagine the guy leaving you people behind of his own free will,I believed there's still something wrong somewhere,and It'll better staying low,when you're eventually out of this place,"
A feminine voice echoed from his behind.

"What the hell are you even saying,"he flared at her.

"Calm down law,you're only be blinded by rage here"
She'd snapped back at him.

"I said shut up"he'd said angrily.

Vivian eye glistened suddenly with tears,Lawrence hate seeing the sight in his presence.

He'd walk toward her holding her hand and locked her in a warmth embrace.

"Am sorry Vivian, I don't mean to hurt your feelings"

Unknowingly to him,this only increased the young lady tears,though she's trying to hold it back but she can't help it,she really can't.

"Dad and mum are really trying their best in getting you out of here"

She forcefully let the words out of her with more stream of tears,

"I known" he'd replied.
Stop crying Vivian, I really hate this side of yours,he slowly added,releasing her from the warmth embraced,he wipe away her tears with his left hand while strolling her long hairs, with the other.

Time to go,a black American voice echoes from afar,as he walked toward them.

"Young lady,your time is up,please You can checked back another day"
The man said quietly.

"Please sire,spare me Five{5}Minutes more,Vivian replied with a pleading tone"

"Ok lady,but be fast,there are still few folks outside there,that still wanna use this room,the man replied sharply,walking away"

Vivian,can you Do me a favor?
Lawrence asked fixing his gaze on her face.

"Why not bro"

She'd had replied him.

"Promised me this's going to be the last time, you'll be visiting me here"

Said Lawrence

"I Can't"
She'd replied deafening

Lawrence made to hold her hand but she shrugged him off
Law if i make that promising, you and me know that, I can't Do it.

Said Vivian.

"Alright Vivian"
Lawrence murmured slowly agreeing with her.

"When are you returning home?"
Lawrence added

Am going with the first flight,on Monday.
Vivian replied saddening.

"That's day after tomorrow right?"
said Lawrence.

"Sure"
She replied.

"Well my regards to our parents,tell them Am doing quite fine,prisons here rocks hundred percent better than that of Nigeria,you can see that,Am putting on more weights,face cute and body seems gym-fitted like when Am still at home".
He said jokingly.

For the first time in the two hours they have spent discussing,Lawrence noticed his sister let out a smirk.

He'd smile back,

"You ought-to get going now before that bald head gonna forces you out"

"Alright Bro"
Take care She'd replied smilling while at the same time handing him some wraps of cash.

"I Still have enough of this in my luggage"
Lawrence Said.

"Abeg take joor I no get time"Am Sure that white inmate,Brooke gonna make use of it if you Can't.
She said jokingly in Nigeria pidgin English,stocking it roughly in his big Jean pockets..

You don dey speak pidgin too...
Lawrence said arranging the currencies perfectly in his banging jeans.

They laughed at each other.....

+++++++++++++++++++++

Lawrence entered seeing brooke standing in the Cell room,staring at the ceiling fan.

"Are you Alright?"
He'd asking.
Brooke hiss in a breath bringing out a packet of cigarettes from his pants, he lit two,offering Lawrence one.

"Dude how many times Am I gonna tell you that,I don't do cigarettes, I don't smoke,moreover smoking is one of dem bad habits in Nigeria"
He said with a grin.

"Righteous folk,when yo in Rome,yo Ought to behaved like a One".

Brooke replied with a naughty frown.

"But this Ain't Rome mehn, this's American"
Lawrence said smiling.

You gonna freeze yourself to death,acting nut.
Brooke replied laughing.

Well I had no choice than to return my great offer,he'd said smoking both and puffing out the steam at the same time.....

Better don't get yourself killed, smokers are liable to die young,Lawrence said laughing and covering his face with both palm,Brooke pounces on him dissing some friendly punches...

"Dude you gotta beat me wella,cos you're not gonna get a dime out of the money I just earned now"
he'd said jokingly

"Oh mehn,I know you wouldn't do that"
He'd replied laughing...

They were were now breathing heavily,when the door flung openly,a roughly black american young man in is thirties was Was thrown inside the cell room,the warder slammed the door closed immediately.

Brooke started shivering,immediately the rough young man gaze fall on him,the man let out an evil grin.

"Brooke What's the problem?Why acting strange like you're aching"

Said Lawrence with a startled voice.

"Keep quiet Motherf**Ker",the man said barking hard at him"

Lawrence keep shaking immediately.

"Coleman, please I can explain",Brooke said with a pleading tone.

"Keep that shit to yourselves"
The man slammed at him angrily.

"What a luck
I ain't no Idea you'll be my inmates"
He'd moved forward rolling his sleeves up,he ditch him a hard blow on his cheek.

"Sonofabitch when Am through with you,heaven gonna mocks"

He'd said laughing.

1 Like

Re: Strange Ambition by Emerald04(m): 10:48pm On May 01, 2017
xaviercasmir:
KEEP IT UP
xaviercasmir:
KEEP IT UP
xaviercasmir:
KEEP IT UP

Thanks mahn
Re: Strange Ambition by Stevenbright(m): 8:53am On May 02, 2017
Well done, more please!
Re: Strange Ambition by Emerald04(m): 12:41am On May 03, 2017
Stevenbright:
Well done, more please!
Thanks Bro.more updates on the way
Re: Strange Ambition by Emerald04(m): 5:17pm On May 03, 2017
3:53PM,Egan Town,Lagos Nigeria.

Davis had thought the Day couldn't get much worse but the moment he stepped into their family compound,he realized he'd been wrong.
Jessie pull their small luggage out of the black Lexus330,walking gracefully toward the big mansion facing them,while Richard locked the car and walked hastily inside his own room,Davis release his grip on the chains that hold the Dog's while the Dog bark moving about,Davis murmured a prayer for himself making cross sign before walking inside.

"Hello Mum"
He said as he walked into the large,beautiful and well designed Living room.

Davis noticed the woman made no move to return his greeting,anyway That's none of my business........

He'd said to himself as he follow the staircase to the upper part of the house,heading toward his room and slamming his the door.

It's good to be back home,he said focusing his gaze at the large wallpaper hung at the left corner of his room,with the picture of Chris Brown and Rihanna, the boy's arm circling around her neck.

I wished they were a perfect couple.

He'd said aloud not Realizing his mum is at his doorstep.The door flung open immediately, he found himself turning back.
"Screw you jerk"
His mother snapped at him.
Did I tell you I have a quarrel with your dad or our relationship is not perfect enough.
He cast his mother a surprised and artless look,before fixing his gaze on another part of the room.

"Mum sincerely speaking,I don't have any slight idea about what you're sayings,why won't you just leave me alone"

He looked toward his mother direction,and was Well aware his statement had provoked the woman, and she's ready to pounce on him any moment from now.....

He'd move backward cautiously,this is not the right time to invoked troubles.

"Mom,sincerely speaking I wasn't talking about your relationship with dad,I was only reminiscing about the past of those two celebs inside that wallpaper,am darn serious about it"
He said distressed.

Linda was amazed at how worried and perturbed her son seems that moment.

"How's study"
Said Linda

"Huh"came the sudden reply from Davis, his eyes locked up with that of Linda face.

Linda take her time to observed the shock and relieved on Davis face before asking him the same question again.

"I said How's study"
Said linda again.

"Oh mum study is quite fine,just that..... "
he stopped swallowing back his words,he'd wanted to say "just that I don't understand the f**king reason why you and him will never allowed me to study the course I desired".
"Just that What"
Linda asked with a concerned tone.

"It's nothing to worry about,just that am not feeling fine"
he'd calmly replied.

"Eeyah pele,are you hearing from your dad?

He'd felt the urge to say
"Like you and that man wasn't the one that force me here"

Yes mom he'd said.

The woman wanted to say something but was cut short by the knock on the door.

"Yes come in"
Said linda.
Jessie come in immediately.
you have a visitor,she'd said calmly.

Ok dear, she'd quickly went out closing the door in a hasty manner,leaving Jessie and Davis behind.

Jessie walk quietly toward the bed,sitting down on the edge,while Davis turn on the music player in the room,connecting his hand-phone,he selected a few non random tracks that perfectly defined his current mood.
He sat on the small leathery chair in the room nodding his head to the ryhme of the sound.

"Davis why are you not on bed?"
Jessie said slowly.

"And What's your business with that?"came the surly reply.

"Like seriously,I just don't understand you anymore,you've been acting strange since yesterday evening"

Jessie said sadly.

"Saves your scraps for another day,I'm not in mood for stories"
He'd replied nonchalantly.

U.S.A,WASHINGTON DC.

Vivian had woken up in a cold sweat,scaring nightmares of What had happened to her brother, wishing she could relive that night and make a different choice, she was certainly convinced that if only his brother had listen to her mother that night,Lawrence wouldn't be in prison today.

FLASH BACK,ONE YEAR PAST.

6:08PM,VANCOUVER ESTATE,WASHINGTON,USA.
The Intense arguments was so hot between mother and son.

"Lawrence,either you like it or not,you're not stepping a foot outside this house"

"This Birthday party is all about Tracy,It's gonna be a big disappointment to her,if I ended up not showing there"
Lawrence argued.

"For Crying out loud,are you that dumb?"

"Haven't you seen enough reasons? Reasons why you're not going to marry that bitch........"

"Mom don't you ever call her a bitch"
He'd said cutting her short.

"And if I Do?" She retorted.

"I won't just stand idle"
Lawrence said surly.

"Oh I see,you've been brainwashed"
She'd replied sarcastically.
"Call it whatever"
He'd snapped back.
Am marrying Tracy, nothing can stopped me,not even death".
He quickly added.

"I known you won't dare go ahead if am really your mother"
She shot at him.

"How're my even really sure, you're my real mum,every real mother want the best for their kids out there,but you're always against me,nothing can..........."

His statements was completed for him with an echoes of slap.

His Daddy,daniel and vivian all stood up That's very moment.

He felt like beating the hell out of the crazy woman in his sight,but even his Creator knows that he dare not.
Holding both of his palm against his cheek.

"Mum you dare slapped me?"
He said.

And What's the big deal?huh,I don't mind slapping another one,if That'll be the only way to reconstruct that damaged sense of yours.
She replied bluntly.

"Woman That's is enough".
Mr Kingsley said in an angry voice.

"Kingsley,this is none of your business,So park well"

"Woman I said enough of this".
He shouted angrily.
Lawrence, you're free to go to your girlfriend party.
He added calmly.

"Ok dad"
Lawrence murmured,heading toward his room.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Twenty minutes later,a woman was seen pacing around the large room,this is the twelfth time she'd been trying this strange number but it's not reachable,she murmured a prayer and lie down on her bed.

10:00PM SEEATLE,WASHINGTON,USA...
Many people seem to be on vibes,enjoying the loud hip-hop being played by the disc-jockey,some are walking around,while some guys are pressing hard on their girls.
Davis and yusuf sat beneath the beautiful coconut tree in the middle of the small Garden,each sipping a cup of soda pop,you can tell from the looks on their face that they looked worried.

"Seems like your woman crush is waiting for somebody she'd been keeping us waiting for the past two hours now",
Yusuf said surly.

"I think so,maybe we should get going,I have important things to take care of,In school tomorrow morning".
Davis replied despondent.

"Sure,truth be told,I have always known,you're only wasting your time,this lady is an actress,she can't even have your time,not to talk about goings out with you on a date".
Said Yusuf.

"Whatever"
The reply came quickly.

Some minutes later yusuf point to a direction,making a gesture with his left hand,while Davis follow his gaze.

"There she come"
Yusuf said quietly on seeing Tracy coming toward their table,while Davis looked away nonchalantly........

Tracy stared at the light complexioned guy before her,the dude was putting on a Red suit,with a neatly white starched shirt,held at the throat by a red bolo necktie,with a fitted black Valentino shoe,the boy looked drop-dead gorgeous,she can't really state who is the more handsome between Davis and Lawrence............

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEARIE",her thought was cut short by Yusuf voice.

"Oh thanks I'm sorry for keeping you guys waiting,I should have come to say hello earlier,but I have been so activities engaged"
She'd said smiling,alright was all davis could muttered,Yusuf pulled out a plastic golden chair opposite davis for her to sit.
"Thank you dear"
She said sitting and facing Yusuf.
Yusuf engaged tracy in a busy discussion, while davis used the time in accessing the light lady wears,She was outfitted in a pink short gown that stopped beneath her kneecap,the pink gown shows the glory's of her body shapes,she was putting on a black Brazilian hairstyle.
Fitted with a pink-white shoe.
He stared lusciously at her pinky lips............

Tracy glance at Lawrence who was just showing up,Davis followed her gaze,he spotted a tall dark,masculine guy in his twenties with a red cup in his left hand greeting some few guests outside the garden.
"Oh Lawrence"
the words slipped out of her mouth,Yusuf stared at her confusedly,tracy returned her gaze back to them.
"Please pardon me I've got a few things to handle outside there"

Davis felt his head swelled at her statements.

Sure,Yusuf said quietly,while davis released a soughing breath.

"I'll be back soon"she said walking away.

Lawrence let his eye roam the area for a short time,before he spot tracy walking gracefully toward him,he let out a sigh.

"So you're really here"
Tracy said grinning.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAREST"
Lawrence said smilingly handing her a parcel.

"Thanks Sweetie I really missed you,I tried your number but it wasn't reachable"
Said Tracy.
I misplaced my phone somewhere around the house,and it seemed that woman already get hold of It."
He'd replied despairingly.

"You had a fight with your mum again?"
Said tracy saddening.

"Not really dear"
He replied slowly.

"Well let's get inside"

Davis and yusuf watched the two with keen interest as they hold each other hand's walking away gently.

"Seems like That's her Boyfriend"
Said yusuf.
"How the hell was I supposed to know that?
He snapped.

"Abeg free the girl joor, plenty bae for naija,but you sha wan die for this one"

"Yusuf you don't really understand how I felt,I really love this girl,I just wished she can see it through my eyes,how much she really meant to me..............."

Yusuf took one bite out of the meats placed inside the plate before him as he listened to his friend with much interest,truth be told,his friend don't love easily,he wished he could help,but he'd done the little he could offer,which is following him down to the Birthday party and feeding himself with a lot of confectioneries,he found himself laughing at that thought.
What of Jessie?
He'd suddenly asked?

She's quite fine,davis answered calmly.

Did you love her?

Yea I do,davis answered his question slowly.

Why not ask her out?

Tayo was about to answered his question when he noticed a strange shadow moving quietly toward the building that tracy and that guy had entered earlier,he shrugged the sight aside unbothered,thinking,it might just be one of those guest that came for the Birthday party,but he realized,he'd been wrong,when he spot another shadow walking slowly behind the other one.
"Yusuf spare me some minutes"
he quickly says and leave,without waiting for his reply.

"This boredom is killing me"yusuf murmured to himself as he emptied one of the bottle's containing vodka on the table,he spotted two beautiful ladies dancing to the music being played,time to act a playboy,he said smiling,murmuring a prayer,he picked another bottle of vodka and walked toward their table.

Lawrence hand clutched tight around her waist,he felt like this is the real home,her breast was soft against his chest, their lips met again,he felt the moistless of her lip,as she pushed back against his own,both lost in the sensation,not noticing the three shadow besides the large room window.
Re: Strange Ambition by Missmossy(f): 8:14pm On May 03, 2017
Intriguing piece, keep it coming cheesy more updates biko.

1 Like

Re: Strange Ambition by Emerald04(m): 9:52pm On May 06, 2017
Thanks,more encouragement fams, this gonna lift my spirit

(1) (Reply)

Life As A Virgin ===the Master Planner / TRAILING SHADOWS by Sir_Impeccable / Stephen-p Mr. Moderator :a Little Help Please. Thanks For Your Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.