Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber (10890 Views)

Achievements Of Chris Ezike, CP Rivers State Within 24 Days In Office (photos) / Mob Sets Ablaze Suspected Female Suicide Bomber In Bauchi / Bauchi Blast: Remains Of The Female Suicide Bomber (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by donchelsea: 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2010
Why would people read in between the lines before making stupid comments? They man did not say he worked for pastor Christ, He said a church and was not paid, not that pastor Chris did not pay him. Why on this planet do people wish others bad? Evil is now been justified. So because the bomber is looking for cheap attention which he eventually got would make most people biased? Think straight please!!!
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by MaxyBrown(m): 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2010
Silence indeed is the best answer for attention-seeking, foolish beings who lack tact and manner.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by cbjonstage(m): 2:17pm On Jan 08, 2010
am a fan of Chris Oyakilome ,  always in love wit his message on Believers World but am not really happy d manner in which d said branch of his church handled d transaction if its true.

i see it as a way of robbing people even their own members. my close-friend was a victim of one church here in abuja too (one of these new generation churches). the last report i got from him was dat they persuaded him to become a member of the church to make it more flexible to obtain his money, who knows wats next is in dia mind
these pple studies human mind just to eat and survive,  i pity the mugus. GOD WILL DELIVER US IN DIA HANDS
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by yemmight(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2010
cbjonstage:

am a fan of Chris Oyakilome , always in love wit his message on Believers World but am not really happy d manner in which d said branch of his church handled d transaction if its true.

i see it as a way of robbing people even their own members. my close-friend was a victim of one church here in abuja too (one of these new generation churches). the last report i got from him was dat they persuaded him to become a member of the church to make it more flexible to obtain his money, who knows wats next is in dia mind
these pple studies human mind just to eat and survive, i pity the mugus. GOD WILL DELIVER US IN DIA HANDS

So why do you guys now conclude that the best way to revenge is to go after Pastor Chris and bomb him. Let me ask, was the guy dealing directly The Pastor? And no company or organization will claim it has not owed any of its contractor. And if he's a contractor, he should through the admin and ensure the money is paid and not bombimg.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by donchelsea: 2:44pm On Jan 08, 2010
@cbjonstage (m)why are you guys pointing accusing fingers to pastor Chris and churches? Are there no debtors around you? should we use explosives to buttress our points? Common think straight guy!
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by cecegorz(m): 2:47pm On Jan 08, 2010
I stopped believing suspect's confessional reports as given by the police after the Fryo/Bola Ige case. Nigerian police has a way of writing statements and forcing people to sign in order to cover their investigative incompetence or to do the bidding of their politician masters.

Believe me folks, the arguments here may actually be off course because the frame of reference in itself cannot be trusted.

My own take on this is;

1. The guy is not telling us the truth where/how he got the bomb

2. The guy is not telling the truth on his mission

3. There may be accomplices and more of the bombs somewhere

4. If actually his target is CE, mainland, he could have taken the bomb back after he failed to get entry

5. The target is actually a staffer in Super screen

Unfortunately folks, we may never get to know the truth in this case because this is not LAPD, it is the Nigerian police (We know how they have been unraveling the high profile murders in the country ever since)
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Reptyle(m): 6:53pm On Jan 08, 2010
Re: alleged target of Christ Embassy church in Lagos bomb blast

PDF | Print | E-mail

Written by Mr. Ime James Thursday, 07 January 2010 17:22

Reddit! Del.icio.us! Mixx! Free and Open Source Software News Google! Live! Facebook! StumbleUpon! TwitThis Joomla Free PHP

Our attention has been drawn to the confession of one Mr. Seyi Olayiwola Ahmed who claims to have targeted one of our churches in the bomb blast that rocked Lagos a little over a forth-night ago which was given massive media publicity in the country.

We would like to state clearly that Rev Chris Oyakhilome Ph.D, President, Believers LoveWorld Incorporated aka Christ Embassy, is a man of peace and does not make enemies. He is committed to the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ for which he is specially ordained to propagate.

His patriotism and love for Nigeria has never been in doubt. He has contributed immensely to the rebranding project of the current administration of President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, and the move by the Federal Government to rein in Nigerian youths into the mainstream socio-political and economic matrix.

Using the ReachOut Nigeria yearly Campaign project, Rev Chris Oyakhilome has evoked a new sense of patriotism and belief in their country among Nigerians.

It is therefore puzzling and perplexing for the Ministry and all lovers of peace in the country and the world over to read that the church of the same man who has relentlessly promoted peace in the nation through his Ministry would be a target for such attack.

We view the testimony of Mr. Seyi Olayiwola Ahmed that he was broke and wanted to get the attention of our president, Rev. Chris Oyakhilome, for financial assistance as a subterfuge and red herring.

First, the testimony is full of contradictions and unfounded tissues of lies.

Second, the testimony shows clearly that the man on behalf of his collaborators is trying to cover the real motive behind the crime.
We state categorically that this man did not have any contract whatsoever with the church, and had no film deal either.

From our investigations, he had dealings with an individual in one of our churches who engaged him at different times, and whose written statement to the police shows that what is outstanding between them (him and the suspect) is the sum of seven thousand naira for an undelivered job.

Specifically, the job which was to have been executed in November 2008, was one valued at N22,000 (twenty-thousand naira) for which N15,000 (fifteen thousand naira) was advanced to him leaving a balance of seven thousand naira. The individual informed the police in his statement that the job was never delivered.

We urge the Nigerian security authorities to read the suspect’s testimony in between the lines. His confession and admission of having special and profound interest in explosives are clearly suggestive of a man with inclination for evil and violence.

It is very important to note that a man who is being owed the sum of N7,000 (seven thousand naira), and who claimed to be in a financial mess could mobilize funds to acquire internet connection, purchase materials to make explosives for the sole reason of making a point on a seven thousand naira debt.

We believe that our security agencies owe the nation a duty to unravel the real motive behind this heinous crime.

This throws up a theory: Was he working for himself alone, another person or group of people? If according to his testimony he acquired the technology of making explosives through studies via the Internet, then it is imperative for the security agencies to establish what truly instigated him to go into such curious and strange science, which is alien to the Nigerian curriculum.

Christ embassy has over the years become a monument for peace, national rebirth and socio-political cohesion among the diverse ethnic nationalities of the nation. It has also acquired a status of torch-bearer for moral, good behavior and fervent nationalism. These are the virtues which Rev Chris Oyakhilome represents, preaches and lives.

It is therefore absurd and unconscionable to link a man of God of such pristine and noble virtues to a man that manifests the tendencies of terrorism, violence and destruction.

As a church of the Living God with a heavenly mandate to depopulate the kingdom of hell, we urge Mr. Seyi Olayiwola Ahmed to seek genuine forgiveness and salvation from God.

We cannot begrudge him. We can only pray that the Spirit of God will open his eyes of understanding to see the enormity of the evil he is propagating. May God forgive him and grant him healing in Jesus Name, Amen.

Signed

Mr. Ime James
Media Manager, BLW Inc., aka Christ Embassy

Link: http://saharareporters.com/letters/your-letters/4771-re-alleged-target-of-christ-embassy-church-in-lagos-bomb-blast.html
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Reptyle(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2010
I kinda agree with the spokesman that the police need to do some more indepth investigation into this dude's mission and sponsor(s). I think I read somewhere that Christ Embassy has a management deal with Super Screen TV akin to the kind it had with Minaj TV so the dude may not have been wrong to go to the TV station to try to gain Pastor Oyakhilome's attention. Something just does not sit right with the guys story and I hope the police is not about to accept his confession on face value.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Omodun: 12:38am On Jan 09, 2010
Whether d dude was trying to bomb a pastor or a normal person for any reason, the act should not be condoled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But looking at it from my good heart, have we not all messed up one time or the other?
Who among d Nairalanders has not done wrong?

So b4 we all condemn the dude and the church lets look inward first and reflect on our own doings
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by lender(m): 9:14am On Jan 09, 2010
He has got the attention of the world now not even of pastor Chris alone. I believe if he has done a job for the said church they should have paid him. It may be they have paid the person that brought but the person fail to give him. I so much respect these people. Even if you are not paid why don.t him leave it to God. I have worked for someone who refused to pay me he rather use police to arrest me. Thank God he fought for me. I am very sorry the person died in motor accident traveling to sell the book we publish together. God said Vengeance is mine.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Joagbaje(m): 10:11am On Jan 09, 2010
So where are all the accusers of Pastor Chris now? come back and speak.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by silky(m): 12:19pm On Jan 09, 2010
Nice to see Nairaland as vibrant as ever!!

My take on this is to consider what the end result would have been had the lift been working.

He would have delivered the 3 parcels and either left the building anonymously which would have resulted in explosion, loss of innocent lives OR blown himself up with others on the 9th floor.

Either way the result would never have lead to money for him, so putting things into perspective and not getting carried away with people's status the story doesn't add up.  When the US added Nigeria to the list of countries on it's Terror Watch these sort of incidents would have been taken into account as well as activities on the Net.

What is worth knowing is, when there is a high volume of traffic to sites that teach bomb making techniques or promote extremist activities, from a region that region becomes suspect.  If that country has in place what is seen as adequate measure to monitor and combat those activities they are left to handle it within their own borders, however intelligence still gets shared. Whether or not this is the case with Nigeria you can make your mind up on that!

It is quite unfortunate and a sorry state of affairs to be in though but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading each post under this topic.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by orchgem1: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2010
why is it that mostly the muslims give us bad name in nigeria?? can someone tell me if islam support violence!!!
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Fant(m): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2010
Tudor or whatever is your name. All your comments on religeous matters suggest INSANITY, you can fight against man and go free but i assure you that if you and your other supporters don't stop your anti-God campaign you guys may end up ruined.because we have a divine injunction not to touch God's anointed nor do them wrong {psalm 105:13-15} now you may ask 'who called them God's anointed?' Now i ask you who made you a judge? I am not threatening you but just telling the truth and your ability to listen and pick corrections will determine if you are wise or foolish {prov 1:5} so you better know the way you position your mouth to talk if you realy wish to live long and enjoy life {1peter 3:10}. If you see a topic and don.t know what to say, i recommend you keep quiet instead of bringing anathema {curse} to yourselve and unto your fourth generation. Don't allow your words today to spoil your children's tomorrow. He that has an ear for hearing and not for fansy let him hear and undestand {mark 4:9}
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by harena: 11:45am On Jan 11, 2010
its really sad, i dont know y the guy decided to judge pastor Chris himself, if u ask me i will say if his allegation is true y didnt he leave God to judge,christ embassy is not my church but then i am sure pastor Chris does not pay workers directly.wat if he thinks the person in charge as paid.wat he sud av done is look for a way to get to pastor Chris and let him know he az not bin payed for the service he rendered.now Chris looks as good as ever and the bomber is, i dont even know the word to use lipsrsealed
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Tudor6(f): 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2010
Fant:

Tudor or whatever is your name. All your comments on religeous matters suggest INSANITY, you can fight against man and go free but i assure you that if you and your other supporters don't stop your anti-God campaign you guys may end up ruined.because we have a divine injunction not to touch God's anointed nor do them wrong {psalm 105:13-15} now you may ask 'who called them God's anointed?' Now i ask you who made you a judge?  I am not  threatening you but just telling the truth and your ability to listen and pick corrections will determine if you are wise or foolish {prov 1:5} so you better know the way you position your mouth to talk if you realy wish to live long and enjoy life {1peter 3:10}. If you see a topic and don.t know what to say, i recommend you keep quiet instead of bringing anathema {curse} to yourselve and unto your fourth generation. Don't allow your words today to spoil your children's tomorrow. He that has an ear for hearing and not for fansy let him hear and undestand {mark 4:9}
Oh I'm VERY afraid. . . .
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by ASEM30: 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
Nigerians no go kill me. Don't judge anyone, leave every religion to be how they want. Why Pastor Chris success dey pain so many people? I don't even attend his church (not my style). still the bomber dude is wrong, PERIODDDDDDD!!!
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by alldone(m): 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2010
This guy is a terrorist, why will you recover your debt with bomb?
there is absolutely no reason for him to do what he did.

Now he ended up injuring himself.
too bad.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by mufikings(m): 5:07pm On Jan 11, 2010
Tudór:

Oh I'm VERY afraid. . . .

You better be Tudor !!, I've gone through the tread and not very impressed on how you have analyzed the issue and I can see how a lot of others share this view.

I know you love Christ in your heart and will love him to be you personal Lord and saviour, and you know it's simple," Just say Lord Jesus I accept you as my personal Lord and Saviour, I repent of all my wrong, come in to my life today,Amen.

Now that you are born again " if you say those prayers", take time to study your Bible and understand the purpose of his death and his resurrection.

And please stop " talking trash of Pastor Chris" God bless you.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Nellychari: 10:08am On Jan 12, 2010
It is just the beginning for those who have been plotting evil against their fellow humans. So Nigerian have taken on the terrain of suicide bombers. God continue to Una
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by orchgem1: 11:43am On Jan 12, 2010
Fant or what ever your name is called, what ever comes out of your mouth will always go with you and your forth coming generation. You are among the people who do not want peace in Nigeria cos you support violence and I wish you violence all the rest of your life if you support it. I am not even in Nigeria but I hope you are a Muslim that's why my comment hit you like a straight bullet from AK 47 Riffle. I just ask a question, what is expected from you is an answer not a bible quotation. who thought you how to insult people with bible quotation damn asshole. Try get closer to the internet and see what people ask about Islam, only God know if I am against Islam or not I am only asking a question cos of what i read from various comment worldwide. Get a life and stop judging people when they post a question on this forum if you don't have an answer,
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Image123(m): 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2010
Mad people are increasing at an alarming rate in this country. The government should briskly add it to make up an 8-point agenda.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by donnie(m): 10:01am On Jan 13, 2010
What a shame, that after an issue such as this, you can still hear Nigerians pointing accusing fingers at a church or pastor and letting a bomber go free.

Why accuse the pastor. . . what for?!

For healing the sick, casting out devils and feeding the poor?

tell me?

That is the same way the Jews demanded a robber to be set free instead of Jesus for whom the all shouted: CRUCIFY HIM!!

It hasn't dawned on you that this is a national problem we are facing?

Jesus is Lord.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by mamagee3(f): 12:15am On Jan 14, 2010
The guy must be demented if he thought he would
suceed in bombing a man of God who performs miracles with his breath
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by orchgem1: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2010
Why won't Nigeria be included in terrorist what list, when we can not even deal with a common terrorist within our own country. This is why I said Nigeria is a failed states, How can a single excuse from a deadly terrorist convince the whole of Nigerian authorities SHAME on them!!!
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by harakiri(m): 12:04am On Jan 15, 2010
I read this guy's statement in a few papers and HE DID CONFIRM THAT HE WORKED FOR CHRIST EMBASSY! ! ! Why else would he target Oyakiyak scammer if his attempted bombing was unrelated?With all the billions they loot in the name of tithes, you would expect them to have some decency.No human sympathy whatsoever.It's in this same church a journalist was tortured and harassed by "high ranking" Oyakiyak scammer members.
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by maddock(m): 8:50pm On Jan 19, 2010
Hmm so many stupid people running haywire here, from the foolish comments of tudor,kunleoshob etal its so certain why our beloved country is on the verge of being a failed one. Imagine someone like this two fools being the president of this country, what do you think would become of the nation. There are so many positive things to learn from the internet , take the creator of facebook, nairaland as a perfect example these guys are raking in money, then somebody in his right mind would spend his time learning how to make explosive tokill another person because if he felt he is being owed some pittence. Lets assume for argument sake that christ embassy is even owing him money what has that got to do with Pastor Chris. Is Pastor the one in charge of menial jobs, comon guys lets not just open our mouth to say rubbish because we have to talk and talk is cheap we should use our brains cos that why God gave us brains in the first instance.
This incidence should let us know that no matter how anybody might try to hurt Pastor it will only boomerang on them.
Tudor,Kunleoshob etc ifyou have ears then you should hear. I wont say a word is enough for the wise because its so so obvious that the two of you are very very unwise (sorry FOOLISH.)
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by Emmacarnegie(m): 11:48am On Apr 30, 2010
Though dis is not de best way 2 show his grief but it portrays de injustice of man 2 man
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by osaxx: 5:11pm On May 17, 2010
what manner of specie is this TUDOR ,who is payiing you to make a fool of ursef, pastor chris is a joint hier with christ and ur working for the devil cannot change that, ok, u are really a NEPIOS' a baby christain, that is why u are unable to talk right' may God help u , though
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by osaxx: 5:32pm On May 17, 2010
FOR THOSE WHO CRITICISE PASTOR CHRIS, ALL U NEED DO ,IS GIVE URSEF A CHANCE AND LISTEN TO THE INDEPTH WORD OF GOD BY PASTOR CHRIS,AND YOU WILL KNOW THE WORD OF GOD IS MORE THAN JERRY CURLS. AND U'LL BEGIN TO APPRECIATE HIM AND BE PROUDLY NIGERIAN.I WAS ONCE A CRITIC LIKE U GUYS UNTIL I CONDITION MYSELF TO LISTEN TO HIM AFTER READING THE RHAPSODY OF REALITIES THE BEST SPREAD DAILY DEVOTIONAL WORLDWIDE WITH CLOSE TO 90 WORLD SPEAKING LANGUAGES, THE ONLY THING LEFT FOR NIGERIANS TO BE PROUD OF,

I THINK CHRIST EMBASSY IS THE ONLY PLACE OF WORSHIP, I CAN REMEMBER WHERE EVERY MEMBER IS GIVING AN OPPORTUNITY TO TALK ABOUT GOD,NO WONDER EVERYBODY DOES HEALING IN THEIR DIFFERENT WORLD, NO NEED TO GO TO PASTOR CHRIS FOR HEALING.

CRITICS EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS,BY LETTING GO YOUR RELIGIOUS CHRISTANITY THAT YOU ARE ALL USED TO, I UNDERSTAND Y U DONT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THE GOSPEL BY PASTOR CHRIS, START SOMEWHERE U WILL SURELY GROW IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF GODS WORD.

HE IS TRUELY SENT FROM GOD, TESTED AND PROVEN ,

HE HAS A SPIRIT OF EXCELLENCE AT WORK IN HIM,

EVERYTHING HE IS INVOLVED IN HAS TO GROW,

HE IS ANOINTED WITH A HEALING MINISTRY,

HE IS AN HEIR ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE,

HE HAS AN INTERNATIONAL MINISTRY NOT A NIGERIAN MINISTRY,

HE IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF TECHNOLOGY TO REACH OUT TO THE WORLD,

HIS CRITICS ARE BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND THE CHRIST IN HIM,

HE IS SETTING PACE AMONGST THE XTIAN DOME,

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN JOIN ME IN WELCOMING THE MAN SENT FROM GOD, PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME A MAN WHO HAS MADE THE WORD OF GOD EASIER TO DIGEST,

AND FOR THOSE OF U ,WHO BECAME CRITCS AS REGARDS RUMUORS PLS ,WAKE UP AND STOP LEAVIN IN IGNORANCE, because I HAVE COME TO SEE THAT MOST OF THE ALLEGATIONS LAID ON C.E OR PASTOR CHRIS, IS JUST WHAT HAPPENS IN ALL THE CHURSCHES IN TH WORLD AND EVEN WORST IN MOSQUE,BUT NOBODY TALKS ABOUT IT. THEY JUST LOOK FOR A WAY TO LINK IT TO PASTORS CHRIS, WHY!WHY! WHY!, IS IT BECAUSE HE IS GODS ICON HERE ON EARTH,OR U ARE USING HIM TO ADDRESS ALL OTHER PASTORS WORLDWIDE MISTAKES OR U JUST NEED TO ABUSE A PASTOR AND PASTORS CHRIS HAPPENS TO BE THE MOST POPULAR PASTOR NOW IN THE WORLD. PLEASE TELL ME,
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by 080Nigeria(m): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2010
No weapon fashioned against me shall prosper,
Re: My Target Was Pastor Chris - Lagos Bomber by bmwlondon: 5:34am On Jun 21, 2010
i m not surprised

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Bad Boys" Planning To Attack Banks: Police / DSS Arrests Fake Medical Doctor In Adamawa / Fire Hits IDPS’ Camp In Borno, One Dead, Scores Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.