Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,349 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It (735 Views)

Lauretta Onochie: If 419 PDP Raises Fund It's For Looting / Exclusive: The Inside Story That Led Buhari To Suspend Ruga / Only Two People Are Not Corrupt In Nigeria – Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by sharpden: 5:29am On May 01, 2017
ROTIMI Amaechi, minister for transportation, says he is not corrupt and that he does not like money.

Amaechi also denied the claim that he funded the campaign of President Muhammadu Buhari during the 2015 election., saying leading the campaign is different from funding it.

In an interview on Channels TV, Amaechi said he is one of the “very few” honest Nigerians.

He claimed that Nigerians owe him a lot for saving the country from the corrupt practices of the previous administration.

“Is my honesty in doubt?” Amaechi asked.

“I have told Nigerians and I repeat today that I am not corrupt and that I don’t like money. I am not one swayed by money.

“I have lived a character that most Nigerians can tell you.

“I try as much as possible not to annoy God by saying I am honest but with all modesty, I am an honest Nigerian, and there are very few honest Nigerians.

“Ask yourself one question, if I was corrupt, why didn’t President Goodluck Jonathan prosecute me? The fight between Goodluck and myself lasted for two years?”

When told that his immunity might have saved him from prosecution, he said, “For Christ’s sake, Adamawa governor had immunity and they removed him. They went after the innocent man for nothing.

“I believe that Nigerians owe me a lot because we saved this country from that level of corruption.”

On the 2015 Election, he said “leading the campaign is different from funding it”.

“Do you have evidence that I funded the election? Leading the campaign does not mean you funded the election,” Amaechi said.

“You need to ask the the Buhari campaign organisation. There were contributions from everywhere.

“You didn’t see the woman that had to work to give Buhari her last savings?”

He said despite the health challenge of the president, if he decides to run in 2019, he would support him.

Amaechi said what Nigerians should be concerned about at this stage is if Buhari had been providing good leadership and if he has kept his campaign promises.

http://www.socialtimesng.net/2017/05/amaechi-im-not-corrupt-i-led-buharis-campaign-didnt-fund-it/

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by princechurchill(m): 5:35am On May 01, 2017
You mean you don't like money flat 7A owner, I have this feeling​ that this May will be brutal with lies

Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by AntiWailer: 5:43am On May 01, 2017
I still respect this man.

Ask the other people if they are corrupt they will say this person too is corrupt.

If he has been claiming Saint since and they can not bring evidence of funds stolen and how it was stolen then...

At least amount number and account name , and and amount was specified in the case of FFK, Fayose, Obanikoro etc.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by oyonu(m): 6:00am On May 01, 2017
It's true Hon. Minister you don't like money but you love it. Infact I don't know who the award should go to between you or Lye M'hammed. BTW let nigerian or the anti graft agency be the judge as to if you are corrupt or not without you influencing them. Anyway I still love my amiable minister

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by bentlywills(m): 6:11am On May 01, 2017
Me too I don't like money tongue tongue
Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by Nobody: 6:20am On May 01, 2017
Who even like money sef

If yhu don't like money, click Like, but if yhu like money, click Share.

Survey starts now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by Pierocash(m): 6:31am On May 01, 2017
If Amaechi is corrupt the way Wike and his colony of wailers claim they would have nailed him with a substantial evidence for long.With the kind of hatred they exibit towards Amaechi, they would have ruined his career. Bt God is faithful, who will nt suffer the righteous to be moved.
Useless and clueless otuoke fisherman and his boy wike are the real crooks

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by MrBONE2(m): 6:34am On May 01, 2017
The Saint "Ameachi" has SPEAK IT grin

Media houses have SPREAD IT

BLOGGERS have BLOG IT

It now time for Wailers to WAIL IT grin
Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by GavelSlam: 6:41am On May 01, 2017
Amaechi the world knows you are not corrupt.

They only hate you for kicking Jonathan back to creeks of Otuoke.
Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by Slimbideb: 6:48am On May 01, 2017
2019 await ur Ass#
Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by ajebuter(f): 6:49am On May 01, 2017
l believe you sir..
You are 'spotless' ' untainted' and 'unblemished'...
Give it to St Ameachi everyone!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by Bizibi(m): 6:58am On May 01, 2017
Pierocash:
If Amaechi is corrupt the way Wike and his colony of wailers claim they would have nailed him with a substantial evidence for long.With the kind of hatred they exibit towards Amaechi, they would have ruined his career. Bt God is faithful, who will nt suffer the righteous to be moved.
Useless and clueless otuoke fisherman and his boy wike are the real crooks
when all his sins has been washed away as an APC man.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by Pierocash(m): 7:15am On May 01, 2017
Bizibi:
when all his sins has been washed away as an APC man.
hw did they wash it,did u present any evidence of corruption against him in the first place,or just media indictment?
Present ur evidence against him if u have any
Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by Bizibi(m): 7:34am On May 01, 2017
Pierocash:
hw did they wash it,did u present any evidence of corruption against him in the first place,or just media indictment?
smh.....
Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by sinistermind(m): 7:35am On May 01, 2017
Which kind comedy this one Amaechi not corrupt? Then the Nigerian Police isn't corrupt
Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by sharpden: 7:39am On May 01, 2017
Make I laugh small grin
Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by Defaramade(m): 8:24am On May 01, 2017
Mtcheew, for your mind.

Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by Nukualofa: 8:30am On May 01, 2017
sad There is no redemption for your type. Stop supporting corrupt politicians because your future is being squandered
Pierocash:

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by columbus007(m): 9:13am On May 01, 2017
undecided
Re: Amaechi: I'm Not Corrupt, I Led Buhari's Campaign, Didn't Fund It by criminalmindz: 9:16am On May 01, 2017
look at this he-idiot. he thinks Rivers people are zombie. we don't care if buhari or APC led government investigate or prosecute him but he should be rest assured as long as rivers state still exist one day a certain governor in rivers state Will open old files and make him face justice for stealing rivers state money and funding buharis elections

(1) (Reply)

Lai Mohammed Begs Prophet TB Joshua Not To Relocate To Isreal / What Events In History Would You Like To See If You Were Alive Or Older? / South East Leaders Reiterate Commitment To United Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.